• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

I’m entering the Seekins game with a 6mm Creedmore. Anyone with this variant care to share their loads?
Looks like for distance it prefers the 105 and 108’s? I ordered some loaded 108 ELDM to try for now.
Need to find bullets and brass in stock.
also need a good set of does. Have had good luck with Whidden dies for a 260rem.
Open to suggestions.

I’m entering the Seekins game with a 6mm Creedmore. Anyone with this variant care to share their loads?
Looks like for distance it prefers the 105 and 108’s? I ordered some loaded 108 ELDM to try for now.
Need to find bullets and brass in stock.
also need a good set of does. Have had good luck with Whidden dies for a 260rem.
Open to suggestions.

Dune,
I have a PH1 in 6cm and I got great results with Berger 105 under 40.6gr H4350 avg 3090 w/ peterson brass. I could have easily pushed it harder but the groups at 500 were under 1/2 moa. I've actually just started running factory 108 eldm because it was so consistent and my time is worth more pulling the trigger than reloading. I've taken the factory 108's out to 1000 and it held 1 MOA. The Seekins is one of my factory guns I own. I question why I spend so much on custom rifles when that rifle is turn key perfect. When this barrel burns out i'm going to send it back and have them chamber up a 6.5 PRC and a 6CM barrel as well as get a new bolt head and mag for the PRC. I have little doubt you'll find an accurate load with ease.... the plus is if you dont the guys at Seekins will make it right, amazing customer service. Good luck with your new rifle, and of course post up your results.

Thank you. I’ll start keeping smog and try some loads based off of others experience. I have 4350 too.

Reactions: Gobears16
My PH1 6 Creed shot the Hornady Factory 108 Match ammo extremely well out of the gate. As for loads, I've tried the 105 Hybrid and found a good node at 39.5 gr of H4350. I worked up to 41.6 gr, which shot extremely well, but the bolt seemed a little sticky.

I'll think you'll really enjoy the rifle. I'll probably send it in for the new bolt at some point, but for now, I'm perfectly happy with how it functions and shoots.

7DF90860-399C-40CB-B287-A5CD51AC0AC8.jpeg

Reactions: TheChief
Haven't found Berger 105's in stock at a reputable place yet. One place in Alaska wanted me to buy a 'vanilla' gift card to pay, nope.

Optic's Planet says they 'might' ship in 10-19 days.

Did order 105gr Lapua's and 400 Lapua cases. Anyone tried the Lapua 105's?

Any other sources for Berger 105's?

What dies does everyone prefer? Considering Whidden again: https://www.whiddengunworks.com/product/reloading-die-set/

Anyone getting their havak back with a new bolt yet or hearing what lead times are? Mine has been there for a couple weeks.

I spoke to customer service on Monday, they reported their goal was to get with rifles returned within 2 weeks of receiving them. It wasn't clear to me if they were going to provide a shipping notice, so I provided my email to them. My rifle has been at Seekins for a week, so we will see.

Received the Seekins in 6mm and sighted it in Saturday then took it to 1080 yards Sunday.
Used Hornady 108 ELDM ammo.

Shoots like a dream and very accurate.
Made a video from Sunday but can only link to it here:

View attachment 7674775
Nice!

BTW, the awning, self built or purchased somewhere?
Guess you need a roof rack to be able to use that one?

Got the awning from a company on FB called ARQ4WD. They are in South America.
Yes it needs the roof rack. Bought both mainly for shade but that day it kept me dry.

Reactions: buggz
I read all 28 pages of this thread but didn't see many reports from 300 PRC owners. Lots of trouble with the early 300 WM rifles, but I hope the current new production rifles are doing better? I'm looking at the Havak Element for my long distance hunting rifle, and would love to hear from more 300 PRC owners.

Got some good footage at distance yesterday. Can see the traces pretty well.
I still need lots more practice at distance. Used a Vortex Viper 85mm spotting scope for video.

The Arken scope needs to go back, it seems hazy. Swapped in a Nightforce and got it sighted in today. 5 shot groups all touching at 100 yards.

I spoke to customer service on Monday, they reported their goal was to get with rifles returned within 2 weeks of receiving them. It wasn't clear to me if they were going to provide a shipping notice, so I provided my email to them. My rifle has been at Seekins for a week, so we will see.
Thanks for the update. Mine got delivered there on 7/15. I haven’t seen/heard anything yet on it’s return.

I just spoke with one of the Seekins guys who worked on my PH2, and it gets shipped back tomorrow 8-5-21. Fed Ex dropped it off at Seekins on July 27th. That's quick service! Thanks to the guys at Seekins for great rifles and workmanship.

Thanks for the update. Mine got delivered there on 7/15. I haven’t seen/heard anything yet on it’s return.

Got mine back this week, there were some surprises. I sent it in a decent cardboard box but it arrived back in a seekins branded cheap plastic case (upgrade from what I sent) and had some can coozies and stickers. Cool.

I looked a little closer and noticed the rail wasnt bedded like the one on the rifle I sent in. Looked at the slip that came in and it indicated they replaced the entire action and rebedded it in the stock. Wasn’t an explanation to why. Mine was rebarreled by TS custom with a carbon bartlein so it was a little more surprising they’d mess with it.

anyways, bolt is still kind of greasy from shipping grease but it does feel like it will be an improvement as far as bolt manipulation goes. Not sure what to think about the action swap.

edit: ran the bolt some more, seems much better than before.

Last edited:
Sent mine off today. Called first. They said early generation action may be replaced with new upgraded action. Guess I will be re-cerakoting my action. My serial number is around 020XX.

Last edited:
Sent mine off today. Called first. They said early generation action may be replaced with new upgraded action. Guess I will be re-cerakoting my action. Mine serial number 020XX.
I just received my PH2 the other day. It came with the upgraded bolt which is a definite improvement. I like the feel of it a lot better.

Reactions: waspocrew
Any of you that have the new bolt.... is it fluted all the way around like the original or only on 1 side?

I didn't have much interest in sending mine back- it smoothed out great and the cock-on close isn't an issue. The action replacement makes me curious though.... something wrong with the first ones? Not as uniform for shouldered pre-fits? If it's not a quality or safety issue I still probably wont bother with the upgrade- it's hard to send in a gun that shoots under 1/2 moa to be messed with.

Was your’s a PH1 or PH2?
If anything it is a PH1. I bought mine the year of release. Pretty sure at that time it was just called the “Seekins Havak.” But I could be wrong. I don’t specifically remember PH1 vs PH2 as a designation.

Any of you that have the new bolt.... is it fluted all the way around like the original or only on 1 side?

I didn't have much interest in sending mine back- it smoothed out great and the cock-on close isn't an issue. The action replacement makes me curious though.... something wrong with the first ones? Not as uniform for shouldered pre-fits? If it's not a quality or safety issue I still probably wont bother with the upgrade- it's hard to send in a gun that shoots under 1/2 moa to be messed with.
Yeah, mine is <0.5 moa or so. I was very reluctant to send it back. I figured if it doesnt perform as well, I will just send it back again until they fix it. I have others….

Seekins mentioned something about the “lug block” in the receiver and other minor upgrades to the receiver including a different cut to the mag well port. Not sure all the details. Just wanted the new bolt.

Yeah, mine is <0.5 moa or so. I was very reluctant to send it back. I figured if it doesnt perform as well, I will just send it back again until they fix it. I have others….

Seekins mentioned something about the “lug block” in the receiver and other minor upgrades to the receiver including a different cut to the mag well port. Not sure all the details. Just wanted the new bolt.
The new bolt is only fluted on about half the length. It’s smooth and easy to open and close. I like it.

I guess this would be a good time to give kudos to Seekins and their customer service. I sent my havak to Seekins this summer for the bolt upgrade. I had one of the original pre-order havak's that had the McMillan Game Warden on it. While it was there I asked if they could look at my action as it had been difficult to swap in different triggers. They ended up giving me a new action, upgraded the bolt, the seekins composite stock, bedded it and installed the trigger I had supplied. I was told the issue with the trigger was because they used roll pins for trigger pins originally, however my action came with solid traditional trigger pins. Regardless, I appreciate their help with the matter and the great customer service.

I am not sure about all of the differences in the new action but it does seem smoother than I remember my old one being. I like the function and feel of the new bolt much better.

I sure hope they don’t plan to change my stock. I have an LRI riser in it and custom paint. Mine was the original Game Warden stock too.

I have a PH1 with the McMillan and a PH2 with their in house stock.... the McMillan is hands down far and above better. Their stock feels kinda cheap and I plan on either throwing it in a XLR Element Chassis or Manners/McMillan in the future.

Got mine back this week, there were some surprises. I sent it in a decent cardboard box but it arrived back in a seekins branded cheap plastic case (upgrade from what I sent) and had some can coozies and stickers. Cool.

I looked a little closer and noticed the rail wasnt bedded like the one on the rifle I sent in. Looked at the slip that came in and it indicated they replaced the entire action and rebedded it in the stock. Wasn’t an explanation to why. Mine was rebarreled by TS custom with a carbon bartlein so it was a little more surprising they’d mess with it.

anyways, bolt is still kind of greasy from shipping grease but it does feel like it will be an improvement as far as bolt manipulation goes. Not sure what to think about the action swap.

edit: ran the bolt some more, seems much better than before.
Finally shot it a couple weeks ago. Still hammers.

The bolt is way smoother, I’m happy!

anyone stuck a Geissele super 700 in one? I have one on the shelf that I’d like to give a whirl.

I have a PH1 with the McMillan and a PH2 with their in house stock.... the McMillan is hands down far and above better. Their stock feels kinda cheap and I plan on either throwing it in a XLR Element Chassis or Manners/McMillan in the future.
I have heard this said quite a bit and did not want to include anything about that in my post. I had my concerns getting a different stock back but didn't want to poopoo in the same message I was praising their CS in.

Just out of curiosity, what makes it feel cheap to you/most people? I would guess the hollow feeling and sound of it would make it seem cheaper compared to another stock that has foam in it. The Seekins stock seems to be very stiff, however, so I have tried to push my thinking away from it being cheap versus just built different.

I will likely go to a different stock for next year. Leaning towards the Grayboe Phoenix or going back to a Manners/McMillan.

I sure hope they don’t plan to change my stock. I have an LRI riser in it and custom paint. Mine was the original Game Warden stock too.
They mentioned how big of a pain in the ass it would be for them to refill/machine the McMillan stock as their reasoning to switching stocks. I am sure that is probably more along the lines of them just being setup to work on the new stock versus retool to old one. They kept the original McMillan stock by the way. I had not invested in an adjustable cheek piece on that stock yet, but was definitely was something I was looking at doing as I struggled to make the cheek rest height and width work.

I have heard this said quite a bit and did not want to include anything about that in my post. I had my concerns getting a different stock back but didn't want to poopoo in the same message I was praising their CS in.

Just out of curiosity, what makes it feel cheap to you/most people? I would guess the hollow feeling and sound of it would make it seem cheaper compared to another stock that has foam in it. The Seekins stock seems to be very stiff, however, so I have tried to push my thinking away from it being cheap versus just built different.

I will likely go to a different stock for next year. Leaning towards the Grayboe Phoenix or going back to a Manners/McMillan.

They mentioned how big of a pain in the ass it would be for them to refill/machine the McMillan stock as their reasoning to switching stocks. I am sure that is probably more along the lines of them just being setup to work on the new stock versus retool to old one. They kept the original McMillan stock by the way. I had not invested in an adjustable cheek piece on that stock yet, but was definitely was something I was looking at doing as I struggled to make the cheek rest height and width work.

Mostly the look of it, the over exaggerated checker patter/grip on the palm swell and fore end. The seam running down the middle from the form it was molded in. The plastic feel and look. Did they at least give you your original stock back as well?

Mostly the look of it, the over exaggerated checker patter/grip on the palm swell and fore end. The seam running down the middle from the form it was molded in. The plastic feel and look. Did they at least give you your original stock back as well?
No they kept the GW stock unfortunately.

I called again today. I instructed them not to change my stock. The said it would be ulikely and they would go ahead an note in the order not to replace the stock. If they happen to keep my stock by mistake, they will owe me about $500 for the cheek riser and paint.

The reassured me I wouls get my original stock back on the rifle. They do realize the early production model as well.

I like the seekins stock. Seems to have a higher comb than the game warden. I couldn’t care less about the palm checkering being of an aesthetic consistency or any little molding seams. It is stiff, light, and fits well (other than the unreasonably short LOP).

I do like the newer seekins stock as well. I was at the point of having to invest in doing the adjustable cheek riser mod to the GW stock. Stock pads and the Bradley cheek riser were too wide for me. Coincidently the LOP works well for me on the Seekins stock but would be on the shorter end. I think the dig on the Seekins stock comes from it looking like a traditional injection molded stock that most associate with being cheap and flexible. The Seekins stock does seem to be well made and is very stiff. I am not as much of a snob as most of how a stock looks, however.

I wouldn’t consider myself a snob, but I strongly prefer the McMillan on my PH1 compared to seekins stock on my PH2. And would be upset if I sent my rifle in for bolt replace and they kept my McMillan

Reactions: Tactical Taz
Hi all,

I just bought a Seekins PH2 Hunter .308. I am coming from a few Winchester Model 70's so sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid.

First I noticed when I insert a empty magazine in with some force (not insane force or anything) it occasionally will not drop when I press the Mag release button, a nudge or light shake frees it. If I do it fairly gently or pull down on it after I insert, there is no issue. Has this happened to anyone else, it seems to be happening less and less as I break it in.

When inserting the bolt I have to press the bolt release button looking at the bolt itself it appears that is the only way for it to clear and drop into the horizontal groove on the bolt. I assume this is normal? My model 70 Controlled Feed, I can just slide the bolt right in.

I never had a rifle with the QD mounts. Does anyone recommend a good hunting sling (non-tactical) for the rifle that has the QD system that will work with the rifle?

Finally if taking the action out for whatever reason, If you are putting it back together is it recommended to snug the screws lightly with the action down on the table and then to stand the rifle up on its butt stock and then tap the butt of the gun on the carpet to make sure the action is settled and then tighten to torque while its standing. Or would it be better to just tighten the everything to torque while action is laying upside down against the table? (The standing up thing was recommended to me by a few people for some other rifles)

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help here.

I have a brand new seekins ph2 hunter .308. At first when putting the empty pmag5 in the gun, it sometimes would slip just past the metal mag stop on the receiver in the mag well and then would not release if I hit the mag release button. I am not sure if I was pushing the magazine in too hard or what as I don't have another to test with at the moment. It since has worn the magazine a little and it seems to function fine now. I am trying to find out how far the mag stop should extend over the rear edge of the magazine as I am worried my was not extending far enough possibly causing the issue in the first place.

The PMAG5 has kind of has a beveled rear edge and I think that was what was causing it to slip by the mag stop every so slightly. I'm worried that maybe the metal mag stop should extend further over the magazine and was machined to short.

I was wondering if anyone with a short action could take a look at their rifle with an empty magazine in and let me know. I have attached some pictures of what I am referring too.

One picture is of what a new magazine looks like and shows the slight beveled edge at the end.

Second and third pics you can see some wear to that beveled edge on my magazine where it came in contact with the mag stop. Now that this has developed, it kind of made its own straight ledge in the beveled area and the magazine no longer fails to release.

The final pic is showing the mag stop with an empty magazine in the rifle. My concern is maybe the mag stop should be extending further onto the flat non beveled rear edge of the mag.

Attachments

• New Magazine.JPG
    New Magazine.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 74
  • worn mag.jpg
    worn mag.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 53
  • worn mag1.jpg
    worn mag1.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Mag Stop.jpg
    Mag Stop.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 76
To any who have had their bolt/action updated by Seekins....do you have any idea what they are talking about wrt to replacing a "breech plug"

I have a custom gun I bought essentially new and the guy used a Seekins Havak as the action.

I called Seekins and asked why they couldn't just send me the new bolt and I will have the headspace set as I'm about to put a new barrel on it.

They said its because they want to set/check headspace (which I can have any gunsmith do when they put on the barrel) and they want to replace the "breech plug".

I'll be darned if I know what they are talking about wrt to this plug.

Anybody?

Hi all,

I just bought a Seekins PH2 Hunter .308. I am coming from a few Winchester Model 70's so sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid.

First I noticed when I insert a empty magazine in with some force (not insane force or anything) it occasionally will not drop when I press the Mag release button, a nudge or light shake frees it. If I do it fairly gently or pull down on it after I insert, there is no issue. Has this happened to anyone else, it seems to be happening less and less as I break it in.

When inserting the bolt I have to press the bolt release button looking at the bolt itself it appears that is the only way for it to clear and drop into the horizontal groove on the bolt. I assume this is normal? My model 70 Controlled Feed, I can just slide the bolt right in.

I never had a rifle with the QD mounts. Does anyone recommend a good hunting sling (non-tactical) for the rifle that has the QD system that will work with the rifle?

Finally if taking the action out for whatever reason, If you are putting it back together is it recommended to snug the screws lightly with the action down on the table and then to stand the rifle up on its butt stock and then tap the butt of the gun on the carpet to make sure the action is settled and then tighten to torque while its standing. Or would it be better to just tighten the everything to torque while action is laying upside down against the table? (The standing up thing was recommended to me by a few people for some other rifles)
I like the Blue Force Gear vickers padded sling. It's comfortable, but you have to buy the QD sling attachments separately. For a one stop shop Sandstorm slings are fantastic. They make them out of paracord, they're comfortable, tough, and will last forever, and they weave in the QD attachments as part of the sling, so it comes ready to go. I get the double width ones, and they're very comfortable even with a heavy rifle. Are you planning on attaching your sling to the side of the stock, or on the underside? With a detachable mag I always attach mine to the side, its more comfortable, but I also wear my rifle across my chest instead of over the shoulder. Just personal preference. My PH2 is currently getting the barrel and action cerakoted while I wait on the scope for it. I'm running a Vickers sling for it.

Reactions: Strife21
I like the Blue Force Gear vickers padded sling. It's comfortable, but you have to buy the QD sling attachments separately. For a one stop shop Sandstorm slings are fantastic. They make them out of paracord, they're comfortable, tough, and will last forever, and they weave in the QD attachments as part of the sling, so it comes ready to go. I get the double width ones, and they're very comfortable even with a heavy rifle. Are you planning on attaching your sling to the side of the stock, or on the underside? With a detachable mag I always attach mine to the side, its more comfortable, but I also wear my rifle across my chest instead of over the shoulder. Just personal preference. My PH2 is currently getting the barrel and action cerakoted while I wait on the scope for it. I'm running a Vickers sling for it.

plan on attaching to bottom. I will look into your suggestions.

plan on attaching to bottom. I will look into your suggestions.
I'd go the Sandstorm route personally, I've got several of them and theyre fantastic, but there's a wait time. He makes them by hand. The vickers sling is very comfortable and really adjustable. I wouldn't really call either of them tactical either.

Any one shooting a PH2 specifically in 300 prc. Just trying to see if anyone is having any luck with a certain bullet.

You asked a long time ago but I'm shooting the 300 prc with factory Hornady 212 ELD-X.... I'm happy with it/ them... they shoot better than I do.

Has anyone installed an area 419 ARCA rail on theirs?

Attachments

• 20201011_112859.jpg
    20201011_112859.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 55
If I buy a Seekins Havak bravo today, how can I tell if it's the latest bolt version ?
Also apparently the action is cut for AW magazines, anyone tried those in the Bravo stock ?

If I buy a Seekins Havak bravo today, how can I tell if it's the latest bolt version ?
Also apparently the action is cut for AW magazines, anyone tried those in the Bravo stock ?
If you're getting it direct from Seekins it will have the new bolt. The bolt shroud on the old style bolts is solid on the back, and the new style has some relief cuts. And the fluting on the body of the new style bolt only covers half of the bolt lengthwise. I had a Havak Bravo and currently have a PH2. I like the new bolt better.