Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

waspocrew

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
Cleveland, OH
Now 100% cock on open, and tool-less disassembly. Should feel much smoother than before, although I don’t feel mine is too bad.

You must send the entire rifle in and they won’t start replacing until July 1st. You pay shipping there. They’ll get it back to you.

Newbie2020

Mmmyeah...whatever
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2020
Amarillo
Now 100% cock on open, and tool-less disassembly. Should feel much smoother than before, although I don’t feel mine is too bad.

You must send the entire rifle in and they won’t start replacing until July 1st. You pay shipping there. They’ll get it back to you.
Thanks for the clarification. That’s worth doing.

Reactions: waspocrew

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Walnut Creek, Ca
What is the issue with the bolts? I looked on their website, but found nothing mentioning any issues or replacement. I haven't shot my PH2 in .308 Win. very much, but the times I did, it performed as expected.
Looking at their Instagram page it looks like the new bolt will 100% cock on open for a smooth operation. The new bolt is all completely tool less as well.... they are swapping bolts free of charge which is unreal. All you have to do is send the entire gun so they can check for 100% reliability. Seems like a win win

Reactions: Newbie2020

TheChief

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2019
Looking at their Instagram page it looks like the new bolt will 100% cock on open for a smooth operation. The new bolt is all completely tool less as well.... they are swapping bolts free of charge which is unreal. All you have to do is send the entire gun so they can check for 100% reliability. Seems like a win win
Also they say it opens up different trigger options that you can install that wouldn't' work with their other model of bolt.

Reactions: Gobears16

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    I try VERY hard to stay off of any social blather platforms....a few forums excepted.

And I too looked all over their site for info on this bolt situation.

I have a HAVAK action in a custom build. Not my first choice of actions but I bought the gun complete with 21 rounds thru it in a JAE chassis and Proof SS barrel for a very good price and I'm generally happy with it. I do have to run the bolt with authority to ensure that the extractor grabs, but I should run the bolt with authority in any case, right?

Does this bolt swap only apply to full HAVAK rifles or to any HAVAK action that they have sold? Anybody know?

People have mentioned full cock on open....I guess I'm ignorant. What does it do now?

As for tool-less disassembly, I did ask Seekins if they had any bolt disassembly instructions and the answer was no (WTF?). Exactly what was eliminated that needed tools, if you know.

Thanks

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 13, 2018
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    I try VERY hard to stay off of any social blather platforms....a few forums excepted.

And I too looked all over their site for info on this bolt situation.

I have a HAVAK action in a custom build. Not my first choice of actions but I bought the gun complete with 21 rounds thru it in a JAE chassis and Proof SS barrel for a very good price and I'm generally happy with it. I do have to run the bolt with authority to ensure that the extractor grabs, but I should run the bolt with authority in any case, right?

Does this bolt swap only apply to full HAVAK rifles or to any HAVAK action that they have sold? Anybody know?

People have mentioned full cock on open....I guess I'm ignorant. What does it do now?

As for tool-less disassembly, I did ask Seekins if they had any bolt disassembly instructions and the answer was no (WTF?). Exactly what was eliminated that needed tools, if you know.

Thanks
    I have no idea but I do a quick phone call from them would answer that question. I've called a few times over the last few years and they always answer and take time to discuss the problems or options. They are top notch in the customer service department.
    I think I'm going to send my 6cm back and have them spin a 6.5PRC with a new bolt head and mag.

Reactions: Baron23

TheChief

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2019
    I have no idea but I do a quick phone call from them would answer that question. I've called a few times over the last few years and they always answer and take time to discuss the problems or options. They are top notch in the customer service department.
    I think I'm going to send my 6cm back and have them spin a 6.5PRC with a new bolt head and mag.
    I'm pretty sure it applies to any Havak action out there. Seekins is a solid company and I'd be very surprised if it was any other way.

lukus10000

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 16, 2008
    lewiston idaho
    The bolt update is available for any Havak action and rifle. The "tool less bolt disassembly" is covered in the below video. if link doesn't work just google "seekins tool-less takedown of new bolt"

longjon

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 10, 2021
    Alabama
    I don't understand all the bitching about an action being rough, since when did a rough action cause someone to miss their target? Is the smoothness of the action the only factor that determines quality or value? I've had actions that are super smooth yet still shot like shit, my DTA action is not anywhere close to smooth, yet it shoots 1/4" groups with two different barrels / calibers.

This shit drives me nuts. We are so fortunate to have innovative, quality companies that continue to push the envelope in all aspects, quality, features, price, etc. Look at what Seekins is offering in the Havak package: a custom action, magazine fed bottom metal, quality barrel, and quality stock, all for 2000.00. In most other circumstances those same features would cost you double that or more, yet we bitch about the way the action feels without ever firing a shot. It reminds me of the pussies that bitch about the color of their FDE hand grip not being the same shade of FDE as their stock.
    Do you own one ? The bolt is not just rough it binds and has to be jerked open and slammed shut. 308 magazines that wont work with 6.5PRC shipped with the rifle. A stock that has to be modified to clear the bolt handle when open. Not to mention no aftermarket stocks and bottom metal that will work with the PRC. Other than that I love mine.... HA

gregsjt

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 1, 2007
    Idaho
    Yes I do own one and none of the things you posted are true. I have a 6.5 PRC, it feeds flawlessly from the supplied magazines. The stock did not have to be modified, and the action was perfect, plus I have a Manners EH1 on the way for it. Nothing you just said is even close to accurate.

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    Ah....I have a Havak action in a custom built chassis gun in 6.5 CM but a good friend has their rifle in 6.5 PRC and he too has not had any of the issues mentioned.

Yes, the action was a bit rough cycling at first but smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds.

Not saying the fella above is not being truthful, just that other's have had a different experience.

Aescobar17

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Dec 10, 2018
    I’ve had 6 Havak PH1s so far. I still have two of them, and my brother in law has 2 of them as well. I haven’t had any of those issues that weren’t self induced. One of the Havaks I still own had feeding issues, but only after I replaced the stock. A little tweaking cured that. Everything else has ran great. The two I still have smoothed out very well after a few hundred rounds. The others I didn’t keep long enough to put many rounds through them.

this reminds me. If anyone needs a spare 6.5 Creed barrel I’ve got a fresh pull. Came off a PH1 at sub 200 rounds when I rebarreled it to a 22 Creedmoor.

Reactions: Baron23

Wormydog1724

Working on my TyperSnyper PHD
    Minuteman
    Jun 26, 2013
    I’m close to if not over 4k rounds on my Havak, nearly 600 rounds on the second barrel.
    It’s been great. Shoots great. Feeds great. Cycles great. The smith that put my new barrel on was impressed and he shoots Impacts and Big Horns. He’s not selling his to buy a Havak but he’s mentioned several times unprompted that he was genuinely impressed with the feel of it cycling and the layout/design of the bolt.

I put mine in a Foundation with a KMW bottom metal. A couple washers for clearance and done.

It sucks people are having issues. Mine has been great.
    29EC550A-7E79-46B7-B586-767F8BA183AF.jpeg