• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Seems this is about the same weight as the Christensen MPR. I'm wondering how they compare.

You’re not the only one thinking this. I’m down between the Fix, the Havak, and the MPR. Between the 3 the Fix definitely has the technological appeal, but it’s more expensive and likely won’t be available for another year. The MPR seems to be the lightweight carbon fiber option that looks very well done but is using technology that’s already out there, just at an affordable price for a carbon fiber gun. And the Havak looks to be a solid action and Seekins products are tried and true for accuracy and durability. Realistically the Fix is off the table for me and I’m between the MPR and the Seekins. Guess I need to decide whether I want a more traditional bolt gun in the Seekins or a chassis gun in the MPR. Don’t think you can go wrong either way as both companies are some of the best out there.

Reactions: Fukochan
You’re not the only one thinking this. I’m down between the Fix, the Havak, and the MPR. Between the 3 the Fix definitely has the technological appeal, but it’s more expensive and likely won’t be available for another year. The MPR seems to be the lightweight carbon fiber option that looks very well done but is using technology that’s already out there, just at an affordable price for a carbon fiber gun. And the Havak looks to be a solid action and Seekins products are tried and true for accuracy and durability. Realistically the Fix is off the table for me and I’m between the MPR and the Seekins. Guess I need to decide whether I want a more traditional bolt gun in the Seekins or a chassis gun in the MPR. Don’t think you can go wrong either way as both companies are some of the best out there.

I have more faith in Seekins products than Christensen based off of some feedback on this forum. However I prefer chassis ergos and really like the looks of the MPR chassis. Maybe I should buy both and put the Seekins barreled action in the MPR Chassis.

Who wants to buy a Christensen BA in a Seekins stock?

I have more faith in Seekins products than Christensen based off of some feedback on this forum. However I prefer chassis ergos and really like the looks of the MPR chassis. Maybe I should buy both and put the Seekins barreled action in the MPR Chassis.

Who wants to buy a Christensen BA in a Seekins stock?

I think someone on here asked Christensen if they planned on selling only the chassis and I believe they said they would, at a later date. I’ll take the frankengun lol, albeit it would have to be a good price!

I picked up my 6.5 Creedmoor today at Cablas. As previously stated the rifle was a little sticky with the Mag in. I sanded the mag a bit and its better. I'll try some more. I need a set of 1" rings and the Seekins are BO. Does anyone have a suggestion for another brand?

I have a set of lightly used seekins high rings I'd be willing to part with. PM me.

I picked up my 6.5 Creedmoor today at Cablas. As previously stated the rifle was a little sticky with the Mag in. I sanded the mag a bit and its better. I'll try some more. I need a set of 1" rings and the Seekins are BO. Does anyone have a suggestion for another brand?

Just buy some of the Vortex PMR's, same ring as a Seekins, as they are made by Seekins. You can find them all over the net, hell I just ordered some of the 1" off Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: grants471
The first 125 shots through my Havak 6.5 CM have shown me that the Hornady Precision hunter 143s are half MOA and commonly better, but the factory loaded 147 Match are not. The velocity after 75 rounds jumped from 2670 to 2745 fps with the 143 Precision Hunters. For handloads, my rifle prefers handloaded 147s. I have achieved three 1/4 MOA five shot loads with 147s with three different powders with minimal load development.

45.2 grains H4831SC/Fed 210M velocity unknown
41.1 grains H4350/CCI 400 2640 fps
46.5 grains RL26/Fed 210M 2770 fps

I'm about a .005" seating depth adjustment from achieving .2 MOA with 143s and 41.8 grains of H4350 with a CCI 400. I am very pleased with what I'm seeing with this rifle.

I was originally going to use a Swarovski scope with a 1' tube, I decided to go to a Leupold with a 30MM tube. Looking for a light weight scope since this will be my hunting rifle. I did sand the mag until it quit sticking, The problem was at the rear of the magazine. After a couple hundred cycles of the bolt and a sanded mag this rifle runs sweet! I ordered an AI magazine today just to see if it works better. I called the factory today, and they are extremely helpful and have a lot of passion about their products. The guys were very forth coming with their ideas, and helped me decide how to move forward. Cant wait to shoot this rifle!

What are your thoughts on the magpul magazine vs the AI? I read that some of the havaks come with the AI and some come with the magpul? Also some of the havaks are coming with the macmillan stock and some are coming with the manners? If I bought the rifle with the magpul magazine I can still use an AI correct?

What are your thoughts on the magpul magazine vs the AI? I read that some of the havaks come with the AI and some come with the magpul? Also some of the havaks are coming with the macmillan stock and some are coming with the manners? If I bought the rifle with the magpul magazine I can still use an AI correct?

Mine works with both the Magpul and AI mags.

I'm thinking I like the cabelas version with the manners stock better.....it's a little lighter has a break and I like the camo pattern.

Just ordered my Havak from cabelas....anyone know how long the wait time is?

Did you go with the Manners version or the standard McMillan? The standard came to my Cabelas in a week after submitting the online order. Not sure about the availability of the Manners version.

I went with the manners version I picked it up last week. Very impressed with the workmanship and it doesn't have a sticky bolt like other have reported.

Anyone know when the Havak actions will be shipping? Ordered one on backorder and curious if anyone has heard anything.

Reactions: Brent B
Handled one in 6CM at cabelas tonight, nice rifle! The action wasn't overly smooth but I still plan to pick one up in 300 WM when they come out. It didn't have the sweet carbon fiber mag.

Hey Guys, wanted to clear a few things up for you. The pricing is different for a verity of reasons but it comes down to the quantity we purchase, the way we purchased them (inlet, paint ext) and limited qty special run sizes all drive price.
We will have some rifles later THIS year that have a heavier barrel contour and a few other surprises tuned up for the competitions we all like to go to and precision shooting. The initial rifle is designed to be a hunting rifle, not necessarily a competitive PRS rifle. For a comp rifle i would want a heavier barrel, heavier rifle to minimize recoil and a different stock. Designing one rifle to "do all" usually ends up being a rifle that doesn't do anything to its potential.

Any new news on the heavier barreled builds Sir?

The PRC's have not shipped yet. We are waiting on our new 3 round carbon fiber magazines to arrive. These mags are well suited for the hunting rifle and give you plenty of overall length to play with. you can still put the spacer back into the DBM and use AI mag's if you want. Guns are built boxed and ready to go as soon as the mags get here.

Hi Glen, will the carbon fiber mags work with APA RTG short action bottom metal?

What would it take to convert this rifle from 6.5 cm to 6.5 PRC

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Where can you find a manners stocked rifle? Are they exclusive to Cabelas or someplace? Everything I see is McMillan.

Anyone tried the FGMM 130 grain Berger factory ammo in the 6.5 Creedmoor Havak?

Plan on picking up a case to try.

Thanks, that's what I thought I had read but the pictures they show online are in a McMillan. Do they handle both or are the stock photos just wrong?

They have both models. standard in Mickey game warden with bead blasted stainless and manners EH-1, cerakote, and a brake ($900 price adder).

I ordered a standard model 300wm despite wanting an eh-1. Can buy a EH-1 for cheaper than the difference and I don't need the cerakote or brake.

Finally had a chance to shoot my new 6.5 C HAVAK. I was trying out Hornady American Gunner 140 gr HPBT and Hornandy 140 gr ELD Match. One big problem right of the bat, the bolt close was very difficult, difficult like you loaded bullets to far out. Checked and no land marks on bullet, then after firing bolt was hard to lift, oops!!! Was very disappointed, like the rifle set up, love the trigger, what to do? That was yesterday and got off an email to Seekins around 4:00 PM mountain time got a response at 6:15 PM was impressed. Just UPS'd back to Seekins this AM and looking forward to getting it back out and to the range.

Attachments

• photo86438.jpg
    photo86438.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
Finally had a chance to shoot my new 6.5 C HAVAK. I was trying out Hornady American Gunner 140 gr HPBT and Hornandy 140 gr ELD Match. One big problem right of the bat, the bolt close was very difficult, difficult like you loaded bullets to far out. Checked and no land marks on bullet, then after firing bolt was hard to lift, oops!!! Was very disappointed, like the rifle set up, love the trigger, what to do? That was yesterday and got off an email to Seekins around 4:00 PM mountain time got a response at 6:15 PM was impressed. Just UPS'd back to Seekins this AM and looking forward to getting it back out and to the range.

I would recommend that your first post here would not be to complain about a vendor. Please give Seekins a chance to rectify the situation before you disparage a vendor or product. It sounds to me as if they are attempting to resolve your issue quickly. This is why certain company's should be supported more than others. I have had very good experiences with Seekins and expect you will be happy with them too.

Saw the Havak Pro is available. Same barreled action in a MagPul 700 stock.

The HAVAK Pro HP-1 is built to order and available NOW.
  • Model: HP-1
  • HAVAK Short action
  • Available in:
    • 6.5mm Creedmoor 24" 1x8
    • 308 Win 24" 1x11
  • Magpul 700 Stock
  • Timney 510 Trigger
  • 5/8x24 threaded muzzle with thread protector
  • MSRP: $1,995

Saw the Havak Pro is available. Same barreled action in a MagPul 700 stock.

The HAVAK Pro HP-1 is built to order and available NOW.
  • Model: HP-1
  • HAVAK Short action
  • Available in:
    • 6.5mm Creedmoor 24" 1x8
    • 308 Win 24" 1x11
  • Magpul 700 Stock
  • Timney 510 Trigger
  • 5/8x24 threaded muzzle with thread protector
  • MSRP: $1,995

Looks the the barrel on the HP-1 is Light Tactical non fluted and the package weighs 10.05 lbs.

I'm not quite as interested in the HP-1 version over the standard. 2.5 pounds heavier and a much cheaper stock. I suppose it's oriented for competition as opposed to hunting.

I'm not quite as interested in the HP-1 version over the standard. 2.5 pounds heavier and a much cheaper stock. I suppose it's oriented for competition as opposed to hunting.

Yep same here. Very tempted to pick up the standard version with the game warden stock. Going to wait till after SHOT. Keep hearing things a about siete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they just updated their Havak with a longer name, HAVAK PRO HUNTER PH1 and some changes. It no longer uses the McMillan Game Warden stock, they now use a ProComp CH1 carbon fiber stock and the DBM is Seekins new M5 version.

Interesting changes. Looks like the long actions are now 26" barrels. I think all the chamber offerings had 24" barrels if I remember correctly. Would make for a very nice hunting rig, especially in 28 nosler, IMHO.

Does anyone know anything about the procomp stock? Looks like the weight dropped a bit which is nice.

From Seekins website:

We begin with the finest carbon fiber and meticulously hand build each stock layer by layer here in the USA.Our mono-carbon technology is unique in that it eliminates the exposed core allowing us to build the strongest and lightest stock on the market.

From Seekins website:

We begin with the finest carbon fiber and meticulously hand build each stock layer by layer here in the USA.Our mono-carbon technology is unique in that it eliminates the exposed core allowing us to build the strongest and lightest stock on the market.

Glen says they do it all in-house. That's quite an expensive operation to do it all yourself. The prices are very competitive though, no sure how he's doing it especially with everything else he's doing now.

Was at Shot and spoke to them.

All new production rifles will have Seekins Manufactured Stocks. Manners & Mcmillan going away. I am not sure about Magpul version.

They also have a lighter hunter version coming out with carbon fiber stock which looks the same but the rifle will have straight flutes because it ended up being lighter than the spiraled flutes. The carbon stock will have sponge camo as well and carbon fiber mags.

They did have one long action produced in 300 Win there as well.

Forgot to mention there will be rails of MLok embedded the full length of the bottom of the Carbon stock.

Sorry no pics

Last edited:
Trying to find the video now, but one of the shot show coverage video shows Glen going over the rifles in depth. However the new lightweight hunter and new competition rifle (with the Seekins stocks) were priced at $4500. That puts it at a whole new price point compared to the first offerings at $2k.

Trying to find the video now, but one of the shot show coverage video shows Glen going over the rifles in depth. However the new lightweight hunter and new competition rifle (with the Seekins stocks) were priced at $4500. That puts it at a whole new price point compared to the first offerings at $2k.

The video is one their FaceBook site. It's funny because the action is the same and the barrel is the same as the HP1 but fluted and the stock is a competition stock with a lot of adjustability. I can't see the price increase from basically $1999 to $4500 for fluting and a CF stock. Unless I missed something that is what I can see.

I get some pics of the Havak rifles at Shot, including his prototype Havak Pro with the carbon stock. He told me he already has ideas for improving it. It looks like an excellent design already.

He also has an excellent Arca rail coming to market. I'm trying to get my hands on a couple of them, if I do I'll get some better pics up.

Great stuff coming from Seekins..

C2ENvbv.jpg

8HoBNiK.jpg

FM4dZnV.jpg

yNMkpPo.jpg

YUGP1Ax.jpg

I liked their stocks. I hope they'll offer them for sale separately. I thought their Havak actions were nice, but not anything special. I'd put them in same category as Bergara's improved Rem 700 action. I found the Tikka and the Nucleus actions to be smoother and quicker.

I liked their stocks. I hope they'll offer them for sale separately. I thought their Havak actions were nice, but not anything special. I'd put them in same category as Bergara's improved Rem 700 action. I found the Tikka and the Nucleus actions to be smoother and quicker.

I never judge a new action buy how smooth it is. My Defiance felt stiff and tight when I got it. I was actually disappointed in how it felt. A year down the road it's as smooth as a baby's bottom. Same with my Tempest, although it felt pretty good new. 4000 rounds and easily 4 times that in dry fire cycles and it's slick and clean.

Not to take anything away from the Tika or Nucleus. I agree those are smooth actions.

Finally got some quality time behind my new Seekins 6.5 CR Havak, and I walked away just as impressed as I have been with all Seekins products. Mounted up a Sig Whiskey5 5-25x52 (Seekins rings of course) and a Silencerco Omega and shot 100 rds in the indoor range over the course of the day, letting it cool and coming back to shoot more. Worst 5 shot group was 1/2", and I think that had more to do with my coffee intake than the rifle. Ammo was all handloads, Norma Brass, CCI #200, H4350, and Berger VLD's or Hornady ELD-X. Considering it's big brother in 300 win now.