• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

I'm in the midst of deciding whether I want an SP-10 or a Havak. I have a 30% Seekins code (actually, I have a couple, if anyone needs a spare) to put towards the purchase. Just can't decide which direction to go. It would be fun to dabble in PRS, but I also compete in Run N Gun matches (15k-10k two gun biathlon) and I would like to be able to run in Heavy division. I guess I'll just need to buy both!

Glen was kind enough to offer scratch cards at a bunch of matches with a discount code from 10-50% off. I pulled a good one and ordered a couple new toys but most were 10-15%....luck of the draw, as they say.

Glen was kind enough to offer scratch cards at a bunch of matches with a discount code from 10-50% off. I pulled a good one and ordered a couple new toys but most were 10-15%....luck of the draw, as they say.
DAMN! 50% off a rifle. wish I could of got in on one of those purchases. good choice.

Does anybody know when Seekins will be releasing these rifles in 28 Nosler or 300 Win Mag?

They told me the long actions were waiting on stocks and a bunch of stocks were expected to be done this week. Should be shipping soon, I'm getting excited about it.

Is that the game warden you had modified? Who did the dip? Looks great.

That stock looks fantastic. Can you share who did the custom work and what color/style camo that is?

Is that the game warden you had modified? Who did the dip? Looks great.

JR/Kl, that is the Game Warden that originally came with my Havak. I sent the stock to Joe Ducos and he did his adjustable cheeckpiece install with the LRI ULTACH hardware I sent him. Joe's done two stocks for me like this and his work is fantastic. Great guy too.

I had the stock dipped in Kuiu Verde 2.0 camo by Tampa Hydrographics. I've used them for a couple of stocks on hunting rifles and it's seemed to hold up pretty well so far. Tony the owner does good work and usually turns them around in two weeks.

both, stock and rifle looks good.

Well unfortunately the HAVAK Pro doesn't fit in the Iota Kremlin. The action is too long and the barrel is too big. Hopefully, they will inlet it for me or else I'm going to have to go a different route for a new stock.

Well unfortunately the HAVAK Pro doesn't fit in the Iota Kremlin. The action is too long and the barrel is too big. Hopefully, they will inlet it for me or else I'm going to have to go a different route for a new stock.
Action to long? Like the action screws don’t match up or the recoil lug to large?

Action to long? Like the action screws don’t match up or the recoil lug to large?

Sorry I meant to say the total length of the action is longer than what the stock is inlet for.

Last edited:
Ok, I received my HAVAK PRO HP1 last night. It's nice. Many have commented on the action and that it's rough. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's rough but I wish they would have polished all of the connection points where the bolt slides. Those areas are not smooth but have the bead blasted look and feel like the rest of the action and barrel.

The bolt is nice but they put a cam in the handle so you don't get the bump when rotating, ehh... I don't think it works as well as they say, it's still tight and has a slight "bump". I compared it to my Stiller TAC 30 and it's not as smooth however, my Stiller has around 500 rounds through it.
I think it's nice but if you were contemplating on purchasing the action separately, for $1200 I'd look at others first, Defiance, AI, Stiller, Big Horn, etc.

The barrel is a Rock Creek barrel. Seekins say they profile them but they don't give dimensions or tell you what the contour is so I have a feeling it's a "non-standard" contour. See photos for dimensions that I took. Sorry they aren't the best and so dark. I'll take better photos once I get someone to hold the camera.

Overall, for the price, I think it's a good buy, better than many other "off-the-shelf" rifles. However, I haven't played with a Tikka T3x or Bergera.

Sorry I forgot to mention the stock, it's the Magpul Hunter 700. It's a nice stock but I had planned on replacing it.
When u took the BA apart from the Magpul stock, did seekins do any kind of bedding to the stock?

Reactions: MakeSawdust
When u took the BA apart from the Magpul stock, did seekins do any kind of bedding to the stock?

No, there is no bedding. The Magpul has an aluminum bedding block so bedding isn't necessary. But I do know they do skim bed in the Hunter version, at least when it came with the McMillan stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: southerngolfer
Whats everyones opinions of the new stock vs the old, is it any better? My local shop has the older version and debating on grabbing it but not real sure if I should hold off for a new stock.

They're very similar. I was hesitant putting an order in when I was told that it would be their new stock that shipped instead of the original stock, a McMillan Game Warden (at that time not even a picture of their new stock was available, but the McMillan was a 'known quantity'). So I held off on ordering until I was able to see their new stock at SHOT show. Handling the new stock eliminated any doubts that I had, especially handling it in a complete rifle with a scope mounted (using a Razor AMG on the demo rifle was like cheating). If anything I would consider it an improvement. As best as I've gathered these are the differences:

- the grip is slightly bigger (fatter in the palm area)
- The two stocks appear to maintain the same grip angle
- The Seekins stock is supposed to be 100% carbon fiber and a bit lighter than the McMillan (~ 0.3 lbs)
- The top of the comb on the Game Warden is flat, there's a riser on the top of the Seekins comb (which might be higher than the Game Warden, not sure, but my eye came up to the scope nicely on the demo rifle, no stock pack needed)

Quick update. The Iota stock and the Grayboe Renegade won't work with the Seekins Action. The bolt release is slightly lower than my Stiller so you'll need a cut out in the stock for it to properly fit. The Grayboe Ridgeback has a cut out and fits perfectly.

Reactions: MOBE
Got mine back from Stock Doc ( Joe D. ). This thing shoots lights out and I haven't even reloaded for it yet.

I think Joe does an amazing job with the cheekpiece. I sent him 2 of my stocks a few years ago. He turned my rifles into functional tools; before this I couldn't get a good cheek weld on either rifle.

I'm in the midst of deciding whether I want an SP-10 or a Havak. I have a 30% Seekins code (actually, I have a couple, if anyone needs a spare) to put towards the purchase. Just can't decide which direction to go. It would be fun to dabble in PRS, but I also compete in Run N Gun matches (15k-10k two gun biathlon) and I would like to be able to run in Heavy division. I guess I'll just need to buy both!
I would be interested in one of those coupons if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I would be interested in one of those coupons if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I contacted him, several messages back and forth, offered to pay for one. Never heard from him again.

Does the havak drop right in to a krg whiskey3?

I thought I saw somewhere that even though the havak is a remmy footprint, it wouldn't work in certain chassis. Unfortunately, I do not recall the chassis.

Ordered a 300 WM Havak with cabelas bucks on Jan 1st. They switched to the PH-1 model and Cabelas recently cancelled my order without notifying me because the original havak was discontinued. Mildly frustrating.

Does the havak drop right in to a krg whiskey3?

I thought I saw somewhere that even though the havak is a remmy footprint, it wouldn't work in certain chassis. Unfortunately, I do not recall the chassis.

Well, I've had two stocks so far that it wasn't not fit without moddifying the stock for the Havak action. It's a 700 footprint as far as the lug a ND everything else is concerned however, the action is longer than a standard 700 footprint. Also the bolt release is lower than others.

has anybody dropped the HAVAK in the KRG bravo chassis?

For southerngolfer and anyone else interested. I recently contacted KRG regarding the fit of the HAVAK action in the Bravo stock and received the following reply. Looks like a slight mod or patience is required.

Hi,

We have not had the chance to try one out as of yet, but we did speak with Seekins at SHOT and it seems like there might be a little interference at the junction of the recoil lug and the receiver. The one piece lug design isn’t a true 90 degrees (pointed out in the attached sample pic). Our next run of backbones both Whiskey-3 and standard Bravo will have a chamfer on the lead edge of the recoil lug slot so this shouldn’t be a problem with some custom actions in the future. I don’t have an ETA on those but our current models could be modified to work just fine.

The Spigot mounts are past due, we hope to have them within the next week or so.

Thank you,

-KRG
image1.jpeg

Reactions: southerngolfer
For southerngolfer and anyone else interested. I recently contacted KRG regarding the fit of the HAVAK action in the Bravo stock and received the following reply. Looks like a slight mod or patience is required.

Hi,

We have not had the chance to try one out as of yet, but we did speak with Seekins at SHOT and it seems like there might be a little interference at the junction of the recoil lug and the receiver. The one piece lug design isn’t a true 90 degrees (pointed out in the attached sample pic). Our next run of backbones both Whiskey-3 and standard Bravo will have a chamfer on the lead edge of the recoil lug slot so this shouldn’t be a problem with some custom actions in the future. I don’t have an ETA on those but our current models could be modified to work just fine.

The Spigot mounts are past due, we hope to have them within the next week or so.

Thank you,

-KRG
View attachment 6891585
thank you very much for the update! I'm not in any great hurry bc one, I haven't purchased the havak rifle yet and 2. I could probably wait for the updated bravo.

Reactions: Baron85
Here is a photo of the Havak and my Iota Stock which is inlet for a Rem 700 profile. The action is longer than a standard 700 action. I have the same issue on another 700 stock I have. I do know the Grayboe Ridgeback works with the Seekins w/o any mods and in the Renegade it fits but you'll need to cut a portion to accommodate the bolt release.
Inkediota and seekins_LI.jpg

Reactions: Bub007
Got an order in for a PRO HP1. Seekins is saying 4 months out on new orders.

I ordered a hunting rifle from them. Didn't bother to ask how far behind they were.....

They are behind on just about everything. They stated at SHOT that their new M5 DBM would ship in March. I ordered one and at the end of March I kept asking when it would ship and was told the first batch is shipping. I didn't get mine and kept pinging them again and got the run around. Finally, a few days ago I got an email, after pestering them, that the DBM's haven't even been started yet and there is a three month lead time. So which is it? Did any ship or not. Based on the last email from them they are so far behind on things they haven't even begun production yet.

If you have a Cabelas near you I know they show some of the HAVAK rifles in stock in some stores and in stock online to ship to stores. Hopefully they get caught up but the new I guess I'd rather wait a bit longer to get a better product rather than something they rush out the door. That being said no one likes to feel "strung along" with inaccurate quotes and incomplete info.