• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

self winding tactical watches.... suggestions please

The Hamilton Khaki Field watches come in a number of different sizes between 38-42, and many models have WR of 100m. Probably the best swiss made classic field watch.

For a little more money, my choice would be the Archimedes Outdoor which is made in Germany. It is a much more robust watch. It has a hardened case. The 39mm version comes in lots of dial color options. It is not a dive watch but has 200m WR.

Reactions: D_TROS
Citizen pro master dive watch
OP is looking for self-winding and that specific watch is not self-winding from the description. With so many good Citizen dive watches that are solar, not sure how well this one will do against the others.

The Automatic is,you just have to get it outside the US

Cal.9051 Mechanical/ Automatic & Manual winding / Accuracy of average -10~+20sec/day */ Running time of approx. 42 hours (when fully wound)/ Frequency : 28,800 vph / 24 jewels / 200m water resistance

I have the older Stainless version, automatic is self winding in Citizen speak. Like a Rolex it has a little pendulum the winds the screw when you move around. You wind it at first to get it going if its stopped. The stainless is about $375 if you can find one.Nice practical watch.

Last edited:
Almost , but Nah ,

Not even one real Tactical watch , shown , not ONE , as every one is missing a important element , maybe guys that who worked on radio codes ( old days ) maybe able to guess the missing element , the hint is they are rare and maybe so rare as to you never having seen one , counter intuitive in reading it over std analog .

Later Chris
Care to elaborate, Chris?

Or a Morse Code watch?

dick-tracy-1024x768.jpg

Back in the day when a watch was necessary, Doxa Sub 300, K valves, no computers, Navy Tables, had to know your time.

I have an original but they make reproductions.

• Love
Reactions: Sandhog308
Might be able to to pick up a
Resco for close to that. They are great watches Some have the eta movement and don’t get more tacticalcool than a frogman owned company.

also check out some of the oris line up. They can be had on the used market for good buys.

Almost , but Nah ,

Not even one real Tactical watch , shown , not ONE , as every one is missing a important element , maybe guys that who worked on radio codes ( old days ) maybe able to guess the missing element , the hint is they are rare and maybe so rare as to you never having seen one , counter intuitive in reading it over std analog .

Later Chris

Last edited:
Look at the Seiko and orient dive watches. They are as reliable as a hammer and are far cheaper than Rolex and omega. Of course they don’t have the prestige that the others have but they are good watches.

if you aren’t worried about EMP stuff look at the citizen eco drive watches. They are spot on with accuracy and aren’t expensive either.

Look at the Seiko and orient dive watches. They are as reliable as a hammer and are far cheaper than Rolex and omega. Of course they don’t have the prestige that the others have but they are good watches.

if you aren’t worried about EMP stuff look at the citizen eco drive watches. They are spot on with accuracy and aren’t expensive either.

Wear a tuna or arnie and you’ll get a nod from the swiss wearing horologist types

To me Rolex has always been a “my first nice watch” watch, it’s what people feel they are sposed to get as a nice watch. They are great, but if you’re honestly into watches you can do better.

Anyone know if the deep blue t100 tritium watches are any good. With poor eyes I need bright white hands on a black background and very good night illumination. Looking for a reliable watch under $500. Do not like the gshock because of the funky complicated faces.