• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sell me on a 338 can

Desert_Racer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
USA
Which one do you guys recommend?

I prioritize low to no POI shift/return to zero over sound suppression. Currently leaning towards the TBAC 338 Ultra. Not sure which mounting system.

Ok... Ummm... Here we go...

Do you plan on shooting anything in .338 caliber? If so, then I would recommend buying a .338 caliber suppressor. 🤷🏼

😂

• Haha
Reactions: 143lrsd
Why is asking for a recommendation a stupid question?
You said "sell me on a .338 can"... And mentioned TBAC... So, I figured you had one in mind, and was just trying to decide whether or not to buy one. Also, a lot of folks ask this question for .30 caliber hosts. In that case, things get a bit trickier with the extra size and weight of a .338 can over a big .30 caliber can.

I have a Rex Silentium ModX with a Griffin muzzle devise. Out to 400 yards, I have seen little POI shift from suppressed to non-suppressed. That being said, I generally don't shoot unsuppressed.

Fair enough. The options seem to be a little smaller, but I just want to make the right choice. I’ve bought cans in the past that I regretted, and now I’m married to them, so to speak.

I am considering the Surefire 338 can as well, but figured TBACs mounting system might be better in the POI shift category.

TBAC 338 Ultra

Best price by far - pissed I bought mine a month ago for about $150 more from a different dealer! Typically Mile High has a promo code if you sign up for their email list (usually 5% off).