• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Semi Auto Rifle Lubricants

I agree with rotation=oil slide = grease! I have been using lubrication engineers food grade for years with the best results, nlgi 1 for hot weather and nlgi0 for everything else, it's the best stuff I have ever used as far as light grease, as for oil I use whatever I have more of. Food grade grease is the way to go, try it and you will know why, just hard to get your hands, the lubriplate people are selling in the small syringes is a rip off, I got 2 14 oz tubes for 20$ apiece, for the 3 years I have been using it I bet I have not even used a ounce yet, so I'm set for at least 25 years or until we start shooting lasers

Everybody and his brother has a lube opinion.
So here's mine ... Weapon Shield oil and grease.
I have them all, used even more this is a good one.
Not the only good one but works well.
Try it.

Militech-1

Used that stuff religiously on my AR's and my bolt guns. On the bolt gun it would glide like it was on melted butter. Smooth as can be.
While it's considered a metal protectorant and not a lubricant, best stuff I ever used.

Suprised I'm not seeing more of that here.

Militech-1

Used that stuff religiously on my AR's and my bolt guns. On the bolt gun it would glide like it was on melted butter. Smooth as can be.
While it's considered a metal protectorant and not a lubricant, best stuff I ever used.

Last time I used some of that it turned to a waxy mess. Even ate up the tip of the bottle it came in.

I use the following:

FP-10 on my JP LRP-07
CLP on the 5.56 ARs

I also use Neco Moly Slide grease on all my rifle trigger contact points

I am sold on Frog Lube for my custom 1911 but for my JP LRP-07 I now use Firepower FP-10 and it works like a dream.

Like others have said there are many good oils/lubes all I know is males like wet things and I think guns feel the same way

Tub of Dr. Tranny's Assemblee Goo 16 oz.= 1 lb. $8.95 smells minty fresh.

I can't believe no one has mentioned sbgo, silver bullet gun oil. You know it's good if it contains 13% Pigs fat, no joke, check it out on sbgo website!!!

Militech-1

I use Militech as well. Reading through this thread, I was beginning to think I was the only idiot. Glad to know I have a friend, lol.

I've used a variety frog lube, clp,etc.... I found mobile 1 bearing grease works the best. Stays in place and doesn't allow carbon build up on bolt and pin. Ultimately it is what you feel most comfortable using.

Napa 5w30 synthetic cut with synthetic ATF, around 50/50. Not spending anymore money on expensive gun specific lubes when my home brew works just as good.

Using Pro-Shot Gold lube for grease..

I use Militech as well. Reading through this thread, I was beginning to think I was the only idiot. Glad to know I have a friend, lol.

The bolts on my 700 would slide backwith a pinky and everybody that ever shot that rifle commented how smooth it was. Miliech is awesome on everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and Siri, just in case it doesn't make sense.

Mobil 1 5W-20 that I have left over after an oil change. Works great in all temperatures.
i have used Mobil 1 10w30 for years now you can add a bit of synthetic automatic oil to it 1/3 tranny to 2/3 oil ...it will work very well ...test yourself the mix

Fireclean...

+1...Started using Fireclean about a month ago and it truly is incredible.
I used to use whatever I had laying around, Tetra, Slip 2000 EWL, CLP, Rem Oil, Motor Oil whatever. While they all do work, I found nothing worked when it came to suppressed full auto.
So I started researching lubes for suppressed usage and saw all the posts about Fireclean.

I bought some and now I'm sold. Great stuff, it actually stays where you put it. Very slick, no odor, non-toxic.

I think if it will work on full auto suppressed it will work for anything and so that is what I use for all my guns now. Just make sure you apply it properly by degreasing your parts first then applying it...it applies like any other oil, you don't need to heat up any parts.

See some of these videos to get an idea:

Mobil 1 5w-20. Any other weight will destroy your gun... or, is it 5w-30?

Last edited:
Geissele Go-Juice (https://geissele.com/alg-go-juice-4-oz-bottle.html) works great I use it on all my rifles and handguns. The only caution I would give is stay away from Frog Lube, it turns into a gummy, sticky, sludge that will completely f*&% to high Heaven anything you put it on.

Slip2000 or FP10 for oil and then XF-7 for grease. I call it Gucci Grease. Great stuff.

Reviving a thread i likey. I use EEZOX for lube on most stuff- its a lube, cleaner, etc similar to CLP i would say but better. Slip 2000 grease for aks, and gun butter for handguns. At the end of the day, most people dont shoot enough for it to matter and the ones that do are changing out parts as needed and routine maintanance. As long as its a quality firearm, any quality lube is used and the firearm is taken care of, it will last a lifetime.