• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SF/ Miller stability

Duramax6

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
I recently bought a custom 6.5 cm rifle built on a Stiller action with a 24” proof barrel. Just gotten a little time to fool with it and work up a few loads. Running the ballistic AE app and notices my stability number well below what’s recommended at around 1.3 or greater. Wondering why it’s so low. Load consist of 130 gn ELD M over 39.0 of RL 15. Is there something wrong with my load. All my info in the app seems to be accurate. Any Advice?
D4C1BE66-2DD2-4B9A-A97A-EB0FCC530C9A.png

Did you put in your barrel twist under the spin drift section?

Is your sight height really 1.5” or closer to 1.9”? Also, update the current and zero weather data.
Yes the twist rate was off. It brought it to 1.8. Yes it is around 1.9 sight height. I have corrected them 2. I sure appreciate

Reactions: shotdown
I can’t get the app to reflect my data. Some buddies and I are about to get our feet wet in our first PRS match Jan 23. Trying to fine tune some things. Any idea what’s going on with my app data vs data from the range?
image.jpg
image.jpg

We need to see your setting page, I bet there are plenty of errors there,

but your MV has to drop, it's 25fps per .1 mil, the BC is over your head just leave it and adjust the MV. So about 100fps or so less

Line 600 yards up with your data, don't worry about the BC right now