• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SFWA SS fixed 10x mils....

Sniper260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I bought it from swfa a month ago! Still haven't received it!!! They don't show what's in stock... I thought I was when I ordered it but its back ordered.. heads up dealing with them. Call to make sure they have the scope you want... I'm sitting here scope less!!

Did you contact them? Did they give an ETA on your backordered scope?

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Call and talk to them first. They have one of the best customer service standards around. Give them a opportunity to correct before slamming them on an open forum.

DK

Call and talk to them first. They have one of the best customer service standards around. Give them a opportunity to correct before slamming them on an open forum.

DK

Ordered the same scope, waited six weeks and called at the end of every week for updates. Each week it was the same thing "still on backorder and we're not sure when it'll be in just keep waiting".

In that six week period I had the time to do more research on the scope I need and luckily came to the conclusion that I needed more scope for my needs. Placed a call to Scott at Liberty Optics (very knowledgeable and honest guy) and am not on a short waiting list for a Bushnell 3.5-21x50 G2DMR scope.

Try giving Scott a call and see if he has anything in stock that might suit your needs bud.

SWFA's online site can blow me. I was in the same situation waiting until I received an email almost a week later, sorry but the scope is out of stock. How hard is it to update your site? I was told to keep calling to check status. Liberty Optics has great service but doesn't carry SWFA fixed scopes and must admit these are great quality scopes for the price.

I have had great customer service from SWFA, but I also have been unhappy with their failure to link their inventory to their online store. I read forum postings from back in 2008 that complain about the same problem, and SWFA's response was that they were working to fix it. Doesn't seem like they have been working too hard on it. I'm making no excuses for them, but often their SS line of scopes falls victim to the speed that the US Customs process shipments of scopes from Japan, and the unpredictability that is the result of the USCS's slow service. Still why take orders on products that you don't have in hand, and why not be up front with customers as to when an item is back ordered at the time of the order?? It must be a corporate policy that they don't want to change which leaves potential customers with a bad taste in their mouths when ordering from them.

I mean how hard is it really to make one phone call to check that it is in stock. I did this and had a good experience with SWFA.

I mean how hard is it really to make one phone call to check that it is in stock. I did this and had a good experience with SWFA.

If this has been a complaint since 2008 wouldn't it also be a fair statement to say how hard is it to add an inventory link on their site? Or even just tag something as out of stock when it's out of stock?

Liberty Optics doesn't carry SWFA items which is why I said you may want to talk with Scott and see if he has anything that fits your needs.

I ordered mine on March 1st, got an email stating back-order. I replied to the email asking a time frame but got no solid answer. I have dealt with SWFA in the past with good service. I don't want to wait just like any other person but this is the only place I can get what I want. I will just be patient and it will show up eventually.

Gotta believe that they would increase sales and have fewer cancellations if their website had stock status, and date expected when applicable. Because of the unknown stock status, I buy only items that I can't find elsewhere. If I get the out-of-stock email after submitting an order, I usually cancel.

I recently cancelled several orders for the same reason. but I did purchase my last SWFA scope from the Hide classified ads, and had a problem with the scope so SWFA promptly replaced it with a brand new one. I am overall very satisfied with SWFA.

It isn't hard Mudball. What is difficult, is the attitude I've gotten on the phone and email.

(1)Your good experience, while advantageous for you, does not signify when compared to bad service examples. You had good luck. Excellent for you, but not relevant.
(2) If you ask a technical question that they aren't ready to answer, they talk like they never listened. Or if you email the question, it goes in the bit bucket. Kody from SWFA is a good example of ignoring email.
(3) I called SWFA about a scope March 11th, and the attitude I got from the young man and how he told a customer they were out of stock was instrumental in convincing me to choose another scope manufacturer.
(4) I got better phone customer service and better over the phone attitude from a young guy at a PAWN SHOP in Vegas (no, not that one!) than SWFA. The pawn shop employee dug out the information I wanted and even weighed and measured the scope for me. OTOH, Kody at SWFA gets bored answering an email.
(5) I am in IT, and my g/f works in IT for a firm that does product fulfillment for some big corporations. I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is ESSENTIAL to link inventory to a web store. Not doing so is so 'last century' that it is INEXCUSABLE.

Last edited:
(5) I am in IT, and my g/f works in IT for a firm that does product fulfillment for some big corporations. I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is ESSENTIAL to link inventory to a web store. Not doing so is so 'last century' that it is INEXCUSABLE.

I think that this sums it up and I whole-heartedly agree; there is no excuse why they can't do this. When I asked SWFA directly, they said that because they are a small company, its difficult for them. BS!!

Last edited:
(2) If you ask a technical question that they aren't ready to answer, they talk like they never listened. Or if you email the question, it goes in the bit bucket. Kody from SWFA is a good example of ignoring email.
***. OTOH, Kody at SWFA gets bored answering an email.

Odd, I've actually had great service (via email) from Kody. YMMV, I guess.

The lack of inventory info on the website is a legit criticism and a reason why I, like others, don't buy as much from SWFA as I otherwise might. In fact, I mostly see them as the source of the excellent SS scopes, and don't buy much else from there.

Gotta believe that they would increase sales and have fewer cancellations if their website had stock status, and date expected when applicable. Because of the unknown stock status, I buy only items that I can't find elsewhere. If I get the out-of-stock email after submitting an order, I usually cancel.

I you make a good point. I did the same thing. I had a SWFA SS 5x25 on back order with them. I new it was on backorder when I placed the order. I got tired of waiting and ended up getting a scope off of the Hide.

I did not realize that this has been a problem since 2008.

Anthony

I'm in this position as well. I'm very confused that they keep being touted for their great customer service. I placed one order, waited a week to find they were out of stock on everything I ordered, and then asked what similar items they did have in stock. Never heard back! A week later was dumb enough to try again with different items, same results. Now I'm about two to three weeks later than I'd like to be getting my setup completed. Frankly I'm still afraid they're going to charge me in two months despite requests to cancel the order. Atrocious service. The failure to update stock on the website would almost be forgivable if they'd work with you when you contact them.

I just talked to them today. Sounds like a 3 to 6 month wait for my stuff.(asked them to ball-park it) I'm sure they have a mess in the ordering system with people ordering and canceling all the time. I would imagine they are trying to fix it but with the amount of orders and cancellations I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Hope I'm right.

It isn't hard Mudball. What is difficult, is the attitude I've gotten on the phone and email.

(1)Your good experience, while advantageous for you, does not signify when compared to bad service examples. You had good luck. Excellent for you, but not relevant.
(3) I called SWFA about a scope March 11th, and the attitude I got from the young man and how he told a customer they were out of stock was instrumental in convincing me to choose another scope manufacturer.
(4) I got better phone customer service and better over the phone attitude from a young guy at a PAWN SHOP in Vegas (no, not that one!) than SWFA. The pawn shop employee dug out the information I wanted and even weighed and measured the scope for me. OTOH, Kody at SWFA gets bored answering an email.

Agreed....

I just talked to them today. Sounds like a 3 to 6 month wait for my stuff.(asked them to ball-park it) I'm sure they have a mess in the ordering system with people ordering and canceling all the time. I would imagine they are trying to fix it but with the amount of orders and cancellations I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Hope I'm right.

3 to 6 months, eh? Good to know. I'll start looking elsewhere for what I need, since I can't wait that long.

Sent from my Galaxy S2