• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Shaw barrels

Re: Shaw barrels

good price, and you get what you pay for, but they are not regarded as "match grade" in the precision shooting community. i would consider them for a caliber swap if factory gun accuracy was acceptable, but dont replace a factory barrel with one and expect it to be a whole heck of a lot better. they are equal to or maybe JUST a tick above factory quality.

I have a heavy 20" 1-8 SS on my ar15 and it shoots less than 1/2 MOA groups. So so far I have had good luck with mine.

Thanks a lot I was thinking of buying a rifle that had one but haven't had any dealings with those barrels before.

I have one that allowed me to hit a quart bottle of Tannerite at 800 yards (as far as I have shot it). I am happy given the price.

I do not and would not expect it to shoot as good as a Krieger, Obermeyer or Border...etc. YMMV

Good luck

Jerry

I had the boys at Shaw rebarrel(they did the chambering) a MK X Mauser for me. It is in 6.5x55 and shoots lights out.

I used one on my budget Savage .308 build, and easily hold half/sub half MOA at 500 yards with 168 grain SMKs and Varget powder.

I should note though, that I'm on my 2nd Shaw barrel. The first barrel's surface finish on the chamber was terrible; it looked like somebody didn't care to flush the chips away while they were chambering the barrel, there were serious galling issues that made my brass unusable. They replaced it without question, but there was about a 6 week turnaround (which totally sucks when it's a nice summer, and you want to shoot some steel).

I have one on my AR, chrome lined, 16", M4 profile, shoots good 4000+ rounds thru it, nothing amazing, picky about what it shoots good .75"@200yd with pet loads, 2MOA +/-.5 out to 300 with everything else.