• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Shooter ready <Game>

xjjeeperx

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
Johnson City. TN
Anyone ever tried the game shooter ready? It's fun but how accurate do you guys think it is?

I noticed on round C your using a .308, target size is given as 40" measures almost 3 mil in the reticle on 10x. Looking at my ballistics card for 308 that would range out to around 365 yd. Doing the math using 40x25.4/3= 370.38 yd.

If you hit the instructions tab it then says the target is 72" X 19" which should range out to 609.7 according to the ballistics card.

According to the game the target is really 920 yards out! At that range it should be a little under 2 mils? How the hell do they arrive at that lol? Sorry, I'm learning this on my own. Any help would be great.

Re: Shooter ready <Game>

I think i figured it out lol. I miled the whole target not just the white part. If i mil the white part it comes out to 2 mils @ 72" would be about 914yd pretty close to the 920 the game says. DUH!

lol, ya I was scratching my head for a min there. I'm thinking of buying the CD. Anyone ever used the whole system?

It's excellent. Wait till you see the new version that's in development. I'm on the evaluation team. It's got MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, FFP/SFP, and lots of superb improvements including new calibers.

--Fargo007

cool, I think I will buy it. Merry Christmas to me. When will the new one come out, or if you buy now will you be able to get the new update?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's excellent. Wait till you see the new version that's in development. I'm on the evaluation team. It's got MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, FFP/SFP, and lots of superb improvements including new calibers.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

Now that will be cool.

When is thew new release. Now that it has Mil/mil & FFP... I'll buy a copy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's excellent. Wait till you see the new version that's in development. I'm on the evaluation team. It's got MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, FFP/SFP, and lots of superb improvements including new calibers.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

Will the dope be in MIL and MOA in addition to inches?

Not sure I understand the question, but I believe it will still have MIL reticle and MOA knob scenarios too.

I'm not an employee and don't speak for the company. Nor do I have conclusive information about what will be in the final release. I'm saying what parts of it I saw were bad ass, worked well and will be a huge leap forward.

--Fargo007

--Fargo007 </div></div>

What about Reticle choices ?
Angle shots ?

+1 release date please

Have the current version, helps burn time. It would be great if some day someone would blend in a fairly basic first person shooter like ARMA (armed assault) with a true ballistic program.

Reason being you could move from position to position, spot / lase / engage your own targets from different elevations and angles.

Maybe in our next life...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's excellent. Wait till you see the new version that's in development. I'm on the evaluation team. It's got MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, FFP/SFP, and lots of superb improvements including new calibers.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

What about Reticle choices ?
Angle shots ? </div></div>

There were reticle & magnification choices, and some angle in the scenarios I evaluated.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed if what I tested makes it to the final release.

--Fargo007

i bought it to test the Ballistics FTE app on my iphone
works great but i think the app makes it to easy.

I bought a copy about a month ago and it does a great deal to explain ranging and the shooting process. most importantly how to range using your mildot reticle,
Love the damn thing , new copy hoping for a cheap upgrade price?????
Bill

i just have one question. what power do you guys have your scope set at, 10x or 20, when you are ranging?

yeah after i guessed 390 on the first one & it was 383 the 190 i got on 20x made sense. i love my mildot master

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on the evaluation team.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

How bout telling them to make a flippin <span style="font-weight: bold">Mac version</span>. I had it for about a month before i switched to a 17" Macbook Pro for my design work...now no more Shooter Ready.

It runs on mac just fine. Copy all the SWF files to a folder and open them in a browser. I run them on Linux for cryin' out loud.

I have word that the new version should be available on http://shooterready.com sometime after the first of the year.

I'm sorry but I have nothing to do with pricing or upgrade questions, and would have to refer you to the site for that.

--Fargo007

I got the distances right, but always missed on the wind...
frown.gif

Anyone care to share some wisdom?

Thank you,

Study the wind flags.
After each shot the "correct" information is given.
Learn to read the flags based upon the "correct" information.

Theres the class room that gives you their exact formulas for the wind.
From memory they do it by:

target distance inch value <span style="font-weight: bold">X</span> wind speed <span style="font-weight: bold">/</span> 10% of the distance.

3.4 x 10 / 6.4 (640yd) = 5.25MOA (rounded down).
For a full value left / right wind at 640 yds.

the little pop ups that explain the program when you first open it says they only use certain wind values, 0, 5, 10 and 15 so its easy to spot the 15 when the flags straight out and 0 when its still. that leaves the middle two that you have to identify, its all after the fact, but it will help the next time you run the program. i didnt realize there was an exact formula for the calculation. i was just using the correction values given on the drop down x the distance. ill try that. thanks

ive used the real version and its pretty good. I do think the demo is purposely "off" in the target measurements to make you think you need more practice and buy the full version... Because the full version doesn't have any "how the fuck did they come up with that?" target sizes/ranges.

I want to buy it only because it totally lost me until I went through the demo classroom....Jesus I have some studying to do

Its a great tool to help knuckleheads like me practice ranging with a first focal plane scope estimate distance and calc drop in mils and meters
I love the damn thing
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a great tool to help knuckleheads like me practice ranging with a first focal plane scope estimate distance and calc drop in mils and meters
I love the damn thing
Bill </div></div>

I would be one of those knuckleheads you mentioned
grin.gif

On the topic of the upgraded version, for us knuckleheads would it be better to wait for the newest version, or would a rookie like me know the diff?

its cheap enough, buy it now and practice a bit.

my only issue in the game is windage and reading the mils, working on that.

The windage isn't to hard to figure out. As stated above in regards to reading the flag, well that is pretty straight forward, and getting the wind direction correction is pretty easy too. Just look at the shadow the flag casts. Last but not least you use the same correction as the distance so taking into account the temp and altitude is critical. Once you use it a little bit it isn't to hard and is fun to use your head on the math and mil'ing to get that first round hit.

I looked at it and dismissed it quickly because of the lack of mil/mil ffp options, is it definite that the full version has different scope option you can choose from for all rifles?

That is a big negative so far, just SFP and mil-inch.
When it is updated i'm in.

I want to post here to let everyone know that information about the new version is now available on the shooterready website. More information and demos will be added as it becomes available. Release date is scheduled for the last week of January. I think almost everyone will be happy with the improvements and additions. I thank everyone who has made suggestions and all those who have helped in other ways over the years.

Karin Christensen
owner and developer
ShooterReady.com