• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shooting 7 mm WSM in stock remington action

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
Any of you guys shooting the WSMs in stock remington actions? What mags are you using? Badger, wyatt box or what? Anyone shooting 180 bergers from the magazine? Opinions appreciated
Rad

Re: Shooting 7 mm WSM in stock remington action

Yup... Rem 700 WSM S/A, Badger M5 with modded AICS mags. 162AMAXs or 168 Berger VLDS.(tan stocked rifle)
M40A3023.jpg

What mods to the mag? Is it something I can do myself? I have heard they hate the double stack 10 round AI mags.
Thanks for the input. BTW great looking rifles.
Rad

Take out front plate of mag. Mod mag lips to accept larger case.

Does anybody do the modification like Bauer or someone?
Thanks for the info
Rad

The receiver needs to be modified if you plan on shooting Bergers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The receiver needs to be modified if you plan on shooting Bergers.

</div></div>

Yup, nearly forgot about that. The feed ramp will need to be notched.

Now we're getting to the crux of the matter. What is entailed in that? Is it a simple Gunsmith thing or is it something I need to have GAP or someone like that do?
Rad

Should be something simple any gunsmith should be able to do.