• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting events in Oregon?

djblingbling1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2004
Oregon
As im just getting into "serious" long range shooting, im wondering what is out there as far as competitions in Oregon, since that's the ultimate test to show progress.

As outdoorsy as this state is im sure there's something, hopefully one thats a little more aimed at a novice shooter?

Thanks!

Portland usually has a sniper match once a year. Been years since I went but you should be able to find it on google. It was held at a rock quarry behind one of the clubs up there. Was a good match.

I think you're describing the Practical Rifle's Sniper match at Tri County Gun Club. Just had the February Sniper match. The next long range precision rifle type match will be in September. The other monthly Practical Rifle matches are more AR based shorter range action matches. Check their web site.

You could also check the SH Member Link Up for the Oregon thread. There are a couple of precision rifle matches in Washington and they are usually listed there.

Maybe Jason K will chime in. His secrets are always the best.

If your on the east side of Oregon, Parma gun club has a match the first Sunday of the month. It's twenty miles east of Ontario.

I'm in Salem, wouldn't mind driving a bit though. Ill dig around a bit more but keep the suggestions coming!

The closest decent matches are in Washington.
The ones that come to mind are:
JC steel- Pasco, WA- just happened
Findlay Cup- Wenatchee, WA- March 23rd
Kettle Falls Steel Challenge- Kettle Falls, WA- May 18-19
If you're Police or Military or want to sponsor a match then there the Oregon Sniper Challenge

Also on the wet side of the Beaver state and interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk