• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting gloves

Re: Shooting gloves

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cducati</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mechanix gloves are good, cheap but not very warm... </div></div>

I know several guys who wear these and a perfectly happy with them.

I have been using the Camelbak MaxGrip NT gloves seem to be warmer than the mechanix wear and but still have the dexterity that I need they can be had for under $25 as well.

For a precision rifle, I use nothing on my shooting hand.

For everything else, AR, AK, etc, Outdoor Research gloves

For precision rifle I use a golf glove on my trigger finger. Works like a charm. As for my off hand It really doesn't matter I use what is temperature appropriate.

Under armour liner gloves. $24.99. The fit is like a second skin and they are plenty tacky for finer dexterous stuff. They last about 3 weeks in my line of work (construction, varying gauges of metal and lots of grinding/cutting). Warm when it's cold, comfortable when the temps rise.

Much of the time when shooting for fun, no gloves at all. But in winter or for concealment, several options.

For concealment, I have a set of soft 'bowhunting' type gloves. Price was right, I found them while hunting a few years ago. Cut the finger tips off the shooting hand. Plenty warm for moderate spring/fall weather.

I also found a pair of mesh 'cover' only gloves a few years ago at Dicks or WalMart. Bowhunting/turkey hunting. No insulation, but they make the hands go away without mascara.

Also have a pair of Blackhawk gloves that I wear much of the time on duty.

Up here in the arctic north (especially last few weeks) gloves are no small matter in the winter. Have several pairs for patrol, traffic (reflectors on them), working mountain details, etc. For shooting, in addition to the 'summer' gloves, I have some white over-gloves. And a pair of massive fur-lined surplus arctic mittens as part of my winter kit. They have an opening in the palm that you can get fingers out of quickly. At -20, your function can degrade fast if your hands are cold.

Most common gloves I see at ranges or trainings, etc. are 1. Mechanix. 2 (by a wide margin) Blackhawk and similar tactical gloves. Mechanix are definitely the gloves of choice. You can spray paint them, too.

BTW, my Blackhawk gloves are great. But I found that the fingers on my pair were too long and were interfering with the trigger guard on my Glock and AR. Local leather shop fit the fingers to me for virtually nothing. Cut them back, re-stitched them and got the lengths just right. What a difference! Took them all of 20 minutes and completely transformed the gloves.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. back to a balmy 6 degrees today. I shouldn't complain. Those guys in the REAL arctic... they're tough hombres!

I'm also a fan of the Mechanix gloves.
The reason I like the gloves I posted is because of the warmth.
Was out shooting yesterday in -15c weather...bare hands or non insulated Mechanix gloves are not an option.