• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing shooting low at 200yards

D_R_T

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
went out to the in-laws ranch this morning. I was shooting at some ground squirrels at about 100 yards and was missing horribly. I couldn't figure it out. Then I saw my windage knob was off -0-. So, fix it to -0- and started to knocking them dead.
BUT
then started shooting out to 200 yards. The elevation knob was still set the same. Shooting up at about a 5-10 degree angle. Had to hold low 1 mil to hit them?
Why would shooting 200 yards with a slight up angle would I need to hold 1 mil low???
Thanks in advance!

Re: shooting low at 200yards

its zero'd at 100...
the arc of the bullet is like a very wide upside down parabola.. so at 200 yards... aaah, the bullet is still on its up arc... sometimes i guess you need to talk out loud to get it! lol
the only monkey playing around with the rifle is me... and its been jarred and fallen from leaning on trees and still shoots VERY accurately! I'm happy with the leupold!
smile.gif

What's the chambering, and the load/velocity......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the chambering, and the load/velocity...... </div></div>

.223 factory black hills 75 Gr. Heavy Match HP.