• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shooting suppressed 100% of time

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    How many guys out there made the switch and shoot 100% suppressed? I'm still waiting on mine to get out of jail but that is my plan sell my muzzle brakes and just run the suppressor. Ever miss the brake?

My only suppressor is a 5.56 Surefire SOCOM but I wish I had one for every rifle I own. The rifle has a Warcomp on it but I have no desire to shoot it any other way than suppressed.

I'm 100% suppressed on the ones I have dedicated suppressors for.

Even if the suppressor mount is a break, you likely have two distinct points of impact with suppressor on and off.

That said, back when many of my rifles had to share the suppressors I had, it was the opposite.

I like to share my rifles with friends and family at the range, and having three rifles sighted in with the one suppressor you have. Means two of the three will not be on target.

That was when I decided to dedicate suppressors to hosts and sight in accordingly.

Thats the plan lol... I have multiple hobbies though, so I don't buy as many suppressors as I'd like to have.

I think within a few years though, I'll have enough suppressors to mainly dedicate to the guns I want to run suppressed 100% of the time. Theres obvious exceptions like guns that aren't threaded for it, or guns I don't want to mess with using suppressed.

How many guys out there made the switch and shoot 100% suppressed? I'm still waiting on mine to get out of jail but that is my plan sell my muzzle brakes and just run the suppressor. Ever miss the brake?
    Everything I own that is threaded gets shot suppressed after making the NFA jump and getting my stamps and cans back. I still have most of my bolt-action rifles that are NOT threaded, so I have to find a new smith (my old one I heard retired) that will thread them in a timely manner, do quality work, and for a good price. The only time I don't shoot suppressed, is if I'm shooting a couple shots to show someone how much louder it is without the can, and how much nicer and quieter and more pleasant shooting suppressed is. Other than those 2 scenarios...Suppress EVERYTHING...100% of the time.

Also, you never miss the muzzle brake, because the suppressor acts like a giant muzzle brake, and reduces the recoil impulse of the gun...Just like a muzzle brake. Once you get your cans and you shoot suppressed, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: pfl338 and Schw15
    I actually only have 1 rifle now and do a switch barrel system so only need 1 suppressor which is nice.

KAC carbine has been shot so long suppressed only that the suppressor is basically carbon welded to the muzzle device.

I also dont think I've ever shot my MK12 without the suppressor on it.

Reactions: mattdadd and 92G
    I shoot 100% suppressed except for pistols. Even pistols I shoot suppressed some of the time though.

My whole reason for getting suppressors to start with was so I can shoot more. While none of the neighbors have ever expressed dislike for my shooting I still don't want to be an asshole or scare the pets.

If it were not for that I would still probably shoot suppressed most of the time especially depending on which firearms I am shooting. A 9" 300BLK will have a hell of a concussion, along with a few others.

Reactions: RMB
    With rifles I shoot suppressed 99% of the time.

I'll shoot some of my pistols suppressed and my maxim 9 but I'm usually shooting pistols unsuppressed.

Reactions: RMB
    I’m with @alamo5000. Rifles are always suppressed. Pistols are occasionally suppressed. Pistols seem to have so much more particulate blowback whereas ARs are just gas. Bolt guns have no reason to NOT suppress.

Reactions: alamo5000
    Once the bug bites hard not to if you have the cash. Suppressor on every rifle sight in and leave on. Pistols are often but depends on the day, who and where I am shooting.

Sometimes suppressed, sometimes I let loose Thor’s Hammer. Depends what I am up to. Some of my rifles have a label with the drop delta for suppressed & unsuppressed.

Do you guys check Temps of the suppressor for long strings? I will have a ultra 9. Going to buy a temp gun to check So I don't go over 800 degrees

I only shoot suppressed and will only shoot suppressed. Unless the rifle is unthreaded.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Never unsuppressed because I'm not a uncivilized barbarian....
    images.jpeg

Last edited:
    I shoot suppressed 100% of the time it is possible, my cowboy guns, revolvers and classic rifles can’t due to lead bullets or no threads but everything use is shot suppressed.

If you have a drivers license, pay taxes, have a cellphone, have an internet connection, or simply exist in America, the long dick of the government is in your life. What’s a tax stamp to add to the intrusion when your guns are a lot more fun and relaxing to shoot lol

Reactions: mattdadd
    Id love to get a suppressor but would miss that loud crack far too much to never want to hear it again in fact Id love to make my gun louder if it were possible sounding like a siege cannon would not be so bad well for me others might not feel the same that and a laser light show with fire works every time I pulled the trigger would be spectacular just like evel knievel jumping those buses .
    even though its not Evel the effect are what I want

Reactions: mattdadd
    I shoot my rifles suppressed 100% of the time. Because I became a bit enthusiastic building Form 1 cans, I have more suppressors than hosts.

Do you guys check Temps of the suppressor for long strings? I will have a ultra 9. Going to buy a temp gun to check So I don't go over 800 degrees
    Nope, I don't. Anything larger than an 6.5 Grendel supersonics, I only shoot 5-10 shot strings, and timed shots with 5-15 seconds between each shot, with my Nomad-LT (titanium). With my AR's and my Sandman-S cans, I've done 3 full-30 5.56 FRT mag-dumps on them and they were pretty damn warm... Not quite forbidden popsicle status, but another couple mags they would have been. Had it been able to shut off the lights, I guarantee it would have been slightly illuminated in pitch-black dark. But that's as hot as I've ever gotten any of mine. But the Sandman-S is made to handle that kind abuse.

Never unsuppressed because I'm not a uncivilized barbarian....
    View attachment 7692649
    Since getting my cans, I have become "that guy" that tries to convince everyone who asks about mine, to go buy one, since the range has a kiosk right inside the door...They could be on their way to shooting suppressed in less than 15 minutes, and then once the can ships and arrives at the dealer, they can use it whenever they come in while waiting on their approvals.

Centerfire bolt gun? Yeah, sure, it's probably a sure thing those are getting fired suppressed. 22LR rifle or semi-auto pistol? Yep. Semi-auto centerfire rifle? Now we're getting down into the 50-75% range, although that may increase once my Dominus-K gets out of jail (that on a 11.5" upper feels like it's gonna be my go-to combo).

Centerfire pistol? I dunno - maybe that's more like <10%. Not silly enough (yet) to suppress shotguns or revolvers. So, no, I'm nowhere close to shooting 100% suppressed and don't anticipate that will ever be the case, although the trend will continue to head in that direction.

100% of the time suppressed.. that’s how I ended up with 15 cans… Only guns I don’t shoot unsuppressed are my shotguns and a few 1911’s. Most my handguns (besides a few 1911’s) all have threaded barrels. Shooting suppressed handguns is absolutely ridiculous looking, unrealistic, and wild but I still do it.

That is the plan once the can gets out of jail. Still a long wait but excited no more brakes and loud blasts I know people love that next to me haha

1. Precision guns 100%
    2. Pdog/ varminting rifles 100%
    3. Big game Hunting rifles, slowly moving toward suppressed. But I put less value on suppression on a gun that will get fired once or twice a season.
    4. Shotguns never will.
    5. PDW 100%
    6. Handguns never will

since the range has a kiosk right inside the door...They could be on their way to shooting suppressed in less than 15 minutes, and then once the can ships and arrives at the dealer, they can use it whenever they come in while waiting on their approvals.
    Wow...now that's an enlightened range right there ^^. Way cool. Nothing like that near me in the communist state of Maryland.

You guys are making me jealous...as my can is also in jail (TBAC Ultra 7) and I don't expect to see it before the end of the year (and please, dear lord, no longer than that haha).

I did recently buy the 419 uni adapter and TBAC mount. I also bought a Hellfire Match....just because. And wow, its just like very thing else I have gotten from 419....the pieces are incredibly beautiful examples of machining.

Right now I'm running a Pierson's Muscle Brake on a 6.5 MTU and it seems to work well. TBH, its not so much me as the guys next to me that really get the blast. And no, I'm not being arrogant about it and wish it was otherwise.

Fucking ATF....I mean, they blame the FBI for slow background checks but these are just data checks somebody makes from the comfort of their office chair...its not like DISA sending out an investigator for interviews for your security clearance. I have had clearances in the mil and as a civ but that matters for naught wrt to NFA approval.

My one worry is the Frank/Marc show I will be attending in PA in late Sep. All of the pics I have seen of these clinics seem to show guys lined up side by side like dead tunas on the deck of a boat. I don't know how many others attending that will be suppressed, wish I would be but won't in time, and I fear (well, maybe just fret a bit) about hammering the guy next to me for a 100 rounds a day. Right?

Now, its just 6.5 man bun.....but its still a good side blast. Enough that its actually moved my Labradar a bit on occasion.

Dunno what to do about that.......well, maybe they will just put me on the end....far on the end....maybe on another range! haha

I have 4 cans now, another two on the way. I shoot 100% suppressed unless I am running my MKiv in a match as it cannot pick up the shots

Wow...now that's an enlightened range right there ^^. Way cool. Nothing like that near me in the communist state of Maryland.

You guys are making me jealous...as my can is also in jail (TBAC Ultra 7) and I don't expect to see it before the end of the year (and please, dear lord, no longer than that haha).

I did recently buy the 419 uni adapter and TBAC mount. I also bought a Hellfire Match....just because. And wow, its just like very thing else I have gotten from 419....the pieces are incredibly beautiful examples of machining.

Right now I'm running a Pierson's Muscle Brake on a 6.5 MTU and it seems to work well. TBH, its not so much me as the guys next to me that really get the blast. And no, I'm not being arrogant about it and wish it was otherwise.

Fucking ATF....I mean, they blame the FBI for slow background checks but these are just data checks somebody makes from the comfort of their office chair...its not like DISA sending out an investigator for interviews for your security clearance. I have had clearances in the mil and as a civ but that matters for naught wrt to NFA approval.

My one worry is the Frank/Marc show I will be attending in PA in late Sep. All of the pics I have seen of these clinics seem to show guys lined up side by side like dead tunas on the deck of a boat. I don't know how many others attending that will be suppressed, wish I would be but won't in time, and I fear (well, maybe just fret a bit) about hammering the guy next to me for a 100 rounds a day. Right?

Now, its just 6.5 man bun.....but its still a good side blast. Enough that its actually moved my Labradar a bit on occasion.

Dunno what to do about that.......well, maybe they will just put me on the end....far on the end....maybe on another range! haha
    I bought the area 419 attachments for faster change between my barrels. Look and finish is great can't wait to try.

Reactions: Baron23
    Does your suppressor ever over heat on big strings?
    I often shoot 12 shot strings and have never had an issue. I run the Hi temp Armageddon cover on my suppressor and have never had an issue with mirage during a 12 shot string either.

Reactions: Schw15
    I often shoot 12 shot strings and have never had an issue. I run the Hi temp Armageddon cover on my suppressor and have never had an issue with mirage during a 12 shot string either.
    Nice I think I will buy a temp gun to make sure I don't go over the 800 degrees for the ultra 9 til I get use to the Temps ect. Sure would hate to ruin it haha to poor to replace it haha

Nice I think I will buy a temp gun to make sure I don't go over the 800 degrees for the ultra 9 til I get use to the Temps ect. Sure would hate to ruin it haha to poor to replace it haha
    You won’t on a bolt gun. A few 30 round mags through an ar might get you there though.

Reactions: E. Bryant
    Yes bolt gun. Yeah won't be doing anything crazy like that lol
    I run an Ultra 7 and have shot up to 20 rounds in 2 1/2 minutes with no issues. I usually throw in a chamber chiller to help cool things down.

I run an Ultra 7 and have shot up to 20 rounds in 2 1/2 minutes with no issues. I usually throw in a chamber chiller to help cool things down.
    That's good to know thank you. Never had a suppressor so all new to me the info is very helpful

Im not aware of anyone ever smoking an ultra on a precision rifle. We'd have heard about that here if it had happened. No activity with a precision rifle requires anything in the realm of a fire rate that would hurt one. So you can forego the temp gun.
    Thank you. Just wanted to be careful dropping almost $1600