• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shortest Form 4 wait of my life <90 days

SBGreen0369

Trophy Husband
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2018
SC
Anyone else had a can come back in 90 days??

Surefire FA762SS suppressor. Submitted Form 4 as an Individual.

Paperwork Submitted through Silencer Shop 6/20/19
ATF Check Cashed 7/08/19
Approved 9/14/19
Received 9/20/19

Fastest turn around I've ever seen. Should i buy a few lotto tickets??

fullsizeoutput_13d9.jpeg

-Gunny out..⚡ ⚡

Guy at my local SOT had the same thing. Yet here I wait 6 months in for my ultra 7.

Edit to add nice M40 clone.
I feel your pain brother. I have 2 others that I submitted in February.....

Shortest wait before this one was 8 months

last year when I was tracking, individuals seem to be around 4-6 months. Versus a trust or LLC that was at 12-13 months !
The fastest was about 4-5 yrs ago... faster for me was around 45 days on a trust...

My brother just got one in 3 months also.

My check was cashed April 9th, no word yet.

We both used the Silencer Shop kiosk at the same shop.

Reactions: _Windrider_
There have been more anomaly F4's coming back real early, hopefully this becomes the norm and not just anomalies. Who would have thought F1's would have been coming back in just a few weeks now.

Congrats to you, but dude, now you made me rethink my next purchase. I think I'm can shopping for round 2.

Have an ultra 7 that I have been waiting for 11 month now. This is fucking stupid how long the wait is

My check was cashed on 5/2 for an individual through Silencer Shop.??

It was definitely a fluke..... however, i can't complain about it. a 90 day Form 4 isn't the norm right now.

my best guess is when my forms came across the examiner's desk, they were mistakenly put on the top of the stack.

anyone else out there had a shorter recent approval???

I have a very similar story.....

Purchased .300 Omega 6/26/19
Credit processed by ATF 7/15/19
Stamp approved 9/16/19
picked up from dealer 9/23/19

I have two other cans that I bought in Feb, no word.......

I talked with the nfa they said they’ve been grabbing from a stack of papers at random which is why a lot of June and July forms have been getting approved I had my checked cashed on 7/15/19 my stamp was approved on 9/23/19 should be at my dealer any day and of course I’ll be gone for about the next 10 days but that’s still an approval in about 9 weeks and my check was cashed within 2 weeks from the purchase

Reactions: SBGreen0369
I talked with the nfa they said they’ve been grabbing from a stack of papers at random which is why a lot of June and July forms have been getting approved I had my checked cashed on 7/15/19 my stamp was approved on 9/23/19 should be at my dealer any day and of course I’ll be gone for about the next 10 days but that’s still an approval in about 9 weeks and my check was cashed within 2 weeks from the purchase
Nice to see they’re finally getting their shit together. The 13 and 14 months waits are absurd... apologies to anyone that’s been waiting that long.

Nice to see they’re finally getting their shit together. The 13 and 14 months waits are absurd... apologies to anyone that’s been waiting that long.
Well I have 2 other form 4’s that had checks cashed since early March of 19 that are still pending that they are saying should be done around mid December so who really knows

If there are 14mo waits they don't have their shit together. I'm the only person on my trust and it takes a few weeks for a F1 E-File and 14+ mo for a Form 4 paper.

Still sitting on 5-6 suppressors pending but have approved multiple form 1 SBRs on the same trust.

They’re not getting their shit together.
If there are 14mo waits they don't have their shit together. I'm the only person on my trust and it takes a few weeks for a F1 E-File and 14+ mo for a Form 4 paper.

Still sitting on 5-6 suppressors pending but have approved multiple form 1 SBRs on the same trust.
Gents, I didn’t say it was fixed and I can understand your frustrations. I’ve done the 13+ month wait on several occasions. To clarify my comment, it’s a step in the right direction.

Gents, I didn’t say it was fixed and I can understand your frustrations. I’ve done the 13+ month wait on several occasions. To clarify my comment, it’s a step in the right direction.

I’m not convinced it’s a step in the right direction to prioritize 3mo old forms over 14mo old forms.

All the fast turn form 4s are after a certain date. They grabbed off the top of a stack and had a new guy start on them. The short wait in not going to be a new thing. Once the new guys back log catches up there will be no more quick turns

I’m not convinced it’s a step in the right direction to prioritize 3mo old forms over 14mo old forms.

Pulling suppressors out of the NFA would be a step in the right direction. Repealing the NFA would be the target end state.

That said, I talked to an examiner yesterday and was the most unhelpful conversation I’ve had to date. Refused to answer questions about turn around times or plans to rectify said turn around. I expect long, painful wait times to continue to be “normal”

Pulling suppressors out of the NFA would be a step in the right direction. Repealing the NFA would be the target end state.

That said, I talked to an examiner yesterday and was the most unhelpful conversation I’ve had to date. Refused to answer questions about turn around times or plans to rectify said turn around. I expect long, painful wait times to continue to be “normal”

They don't care, no reason to. What blows my mind is that some people will call every week and ask about their shit. Like, dude, just forget it exists and wait for the approval.

Now, a reasonable thing they could do is push any point-in-time approval to everything else that you have pending. If they can process E-Forms faster than paper (for whatever reason) cool, but apply the the results of that approval of everything else that's pending. That would actually reduce the amount of duplicative work, but I doubt they even care about that.

Reactions: nn8734
@n00g7 governments tend to favor a perpetual state of bureaucratic inefficiency, this is no diff.

Called to check on a can I had in since Jan. I wasn’t sure if I was talking to a person or some sort of primitive AI Bot, lol.

The wait goes on...