• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SHOT Show 2021 Rumor Mill and What's Coming

Leupold: let’s come out with a budget line of tactical scopes to be competitive with vortex and bushnell
Also leupold: let’s put a basic mil hash reticle in it and a 3x mag range

This just leaked! Affordable, high-end NV binos for the masses! Under $1,000. Bonkers awesome specs!

I have a pre-release beta-test sample. I can see field mice eating crickets at 500 meters in pitch black!

You’ll no longer need to be a jealous poor who pines for PVS-31A’s like a half-emasculated Beto voter. Your wife and kids will finally look up to you. You’ll be the protector and provider your family has wanted all these years.

No, it won’t make you look like the Adonis in these photos. NODs can only do so much.

18FF5A6E-CEF5-4D5B-8553-00BABE40B938.jpeg

7716A8EA-3E2A-425D-9BC5-CABD01FEF151.jpeg

F2ACAAA0-DC92-481D-90C9-143B63990C64.jpeg

4959FEEC-1C28-4C43-9A54-B703FD9DC976.jpeg

D5C3D48A-8911-421B-88AC-0CA6C17D89B2.jpeg

4924B1C7-56BA-473E-BBDC-4D168DC1BA7F.jpeg

I will be the sole distributor. Taking up to 1000 preorders now. Send blank postal money orders to...

This just leaked! Affordable, high-end NV binos for the masses! Under $1,000. Bonkers awesome specs!

I have a pre-release beta-test sample. I can see field mice eating crickets at 500 meters in pitch black!

You’ll no longer need to be a jealous poor who pines for PVS-31A’s like a half-emasculated Beto voter. Your wife and kids will finally look up to you. You’ll be the protector and provider your family has wanted all these years.

No, it won’t make you look like the Adonis in these photos. NODs can only do so much.

View attachment 7520358
View attachment 7520359
View attachment 7520360
View attachment 7520361
View attachment 7520363
View attachment 7520364

I will be the sole distributor. Taking up to 1000 preorders now. Send blank postal money orders to...

Hi,

Do you have the tank to go with them? Not asking for a friend either, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

• Haha
Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

View attachment 7520358
View attachment 7520359
View attachment 7520360
View attachment 7520361
View attachment 7520363
View attachment 7520364

My son would actually love those, he's into retro gear and stuff that looks like it's from 1950's pre-microprocessor age :) Money order coming, but you forget to give your address... :p

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
Probably more rumor than anything else but a thread was started hinting toward another reticle from ZCO.

March is still saying they should have my full production 4.5-28x52 with FML-TR1 reticle shipped by end of the month, by the time it goes through all the customs and such I should hopefully have it by mid February.

Reactions: RayDBonz and lash
Probably more rumor than anything else but a thread was started hinting toward another reticle from ZCO.

March is still saying they should have my full production 4.5-28x52 with FML-TR1 reticle shipped by end of the month, by the time it goes through all the customs and such I should hopefully have it by mid February.
I am assuming that once you get a production unit we will be seeing a review on it. Would you happen to be considering a review of March's 1.5-15x42 SFP optic as well?

I am assuming that once you get a production unit we will be seeing a review on it. Would you happen to be considering a review of March's 1.5-15x42 SFP optic as well?
That is an accurate assumption. I had the pre-production unit but no review because it was... "pre" production, they took the recommendations of a number of us and are re-working a few things to better fit a competition class scope so I have hope the production unit will be even better. Once I get some time behind it and can really put it through the gauntlet (well not really because I bought it) I will have a full review and comparison.

The 1.5-15 is a SFP optic and doesn't have much appeal, but I am supposed to get a copy to look at, I will not be doing a full review but will post my comments once I have a little time with it.

Reactions: Franko
More details on new Leupold scopes and reticles can be found here:

Rumor has it a new FFP crossover scope is coming, decent mag range but more importantly LIGHT WEIGHT, better mag range than LRHS2, lighter and shorter with a nice reticle. Coming this spring.

Is this from Bushnell?

Maybe a successor to the LRTS?

Rumor has it a new FFP crossover scope is coming, decent mag range but more importantly LIGHT WEIGHT, better mag range than LRHS2, lighter and shorter with a nice reticle. Coming this spring.
This is what I'm hoping is the very optic I've been waiting for. My list has been narrowed to Vortex, Leupold, and NF for special pricing but haven't pulled the trigger on any of their offerings due to weight of scopes for a particular rifle. Low weight is one of the priorities for this scouting rifle for the mountains where I'll retire and once lived up in Idaho. To still be able to notch 5-10 miles in the hills and mountains up there with these shrapnel filled knees this weapon setup needs to shed some weight.

I was leaning towards the NF NX8 1-8 but unfortunately would really only be a 6X in low light or inclement weather.
My older Leupold 3-9X36 MK4 is the perfect weight but that glass and mil dot reticle, not that great.
My Vortex Gen II 1-6 is a brick, and the new Gen III weighs the same.

My notepad looks like this on weights and minus the prices:

NF ATACR 1-8X24 21.0oz
NF NX8 1-8X24 17.0oz
NF NXS 2.5-10X42 20.5oz (leaning to this one)

Leupold MK5 3.6-18X44 26.0oz
Leupold MK4 3-9X36 16.0oz (old scope)

Vortex Gen II 1-6X24 21.5oz
Vortex Gen III 1-10X24 21.5oz
Vortex HD LHT 3-15X42 19.1oz (Too long)

Please sir, throw to us a mere scrap. I nearly bought another LRHS 4.5-18 tonight.

What brand? (does it start with V?) And if not, a rough price??

Reactions: ohiofarmer
  • Love
Reactions: Glassaholic
There's this..

Just wanted the SCR2 reticle illuminated, not a separate module.

Or is that a different announcement?

Just wanted the SCR2 reticle illuminated, not a separate module.

Or is that a different announcement?

Seperate deal. Burris has released a thermal line up.

Still not sure where they are at on the illuminated XTR3. Just spoke to a sales manager in Greeley today who told me he has played with it. It turned out great. But he's not sure where they are at on a release date.

Reactions: Chasing3
Seperate deal. Burris has released a thermal line up.

Still not sure where they are at on the illuminated XTR3. Just spoke to a sales manager in Greeley today who told me he has played with it. It turned out great. But he's not sure where they are at on a release date.
I was joking, the clip on Thermal looks nice.

Do you have any idea what the price increase for the Illuminated models will be?

• Love
Reactions: Birddog6424
There's this..

Well this is exciting, if I drive up to Greeley will they let me play with one ;)

For you NV guru's, how does it look like this new Burris BTC 50 stacks up to the competition:
DETECTOR400x300 VOx
OBJECTIVE LENS DIAMETER50mm
FIELD OF VIEW7.5° x 5.6°
MANUAL FOCUSYes
DIGITAL ZOOM2x & 4x
DISPLAY RESOLUTION1024x768
POLARITY MODES4 Color Modes
VIDEO OUTYes
BATTERY TYPECR123
EXPECTED BATTERY LIFE3 hrs
BRANDBurris

Curious as to what manufacturer

Curious as to what manufacturer
I can neither confirm nor deny but I do trust where the information came from. Wish I could share more (and hope I don’t get in trouble for what I’ve already shared) but I can say I am pretty excited about this release and knowing it will actually come to fruition and not just be another pipe dream. Of course Spring could mean, March, April or May and with COVID and the American psychosis were going through it could be delayed but I’m hoping it’s not and will be surprised with an early spring announcement. Many of us love the under 30oz FFP scopes that we consider “crossover” designs - Vortex AMG, Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Leupold Mark 6/5HD 3-18’s, Tangent Theta 315M, March 3-24 come to mind. But even fewer of these dip under 25oz which this scope may easily best.

The new scope chaps are about to become prime time, just ordered one for my TT and will let you know what I think.

Many of us love the under 30oz FFP scopes that we consider “crossover” designs - Vortex AMG, Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Leupold Mark 6/5HD 3-18’s, Tangent Theta 315M, March 3-24 come to mind. But even fewer of these dip under 25oz which this scope may easily best.
That is surely to be impressive Bill. Especially if it dips below 25oz.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Brownells is apparently going to release the 1-8x24 MPO:

If this is the same optic that Soldier Systems claimed had fiber optic illumination, it may be the optic that finally unseats the Razor Gen II-E, provided eyebox and weight aren't too bad.

NF ATACR 4-20x50 is now the real deal:

Was hoping it would be lighter but not surprised as the ATACR series is not known for its light weight (LPVO excepted). Looks like NF aimed this one straight at the ZCO ZC420, but it will take a lot to overthrow the ZCO rank as best Ultra Short in my book, the Nightforce is heavier, longer and has narrower FOV except at the very top end of magnification. NF did manage to eek out 38 mrad of elevation travel which exceeds the ZCO, but the ZCO still has amazing optical performance even at the extreme of travel and will be interesting if NF maintains the same. Hopefully someone will do a side by side of these two. This still leaves the door open for a lighter FFP 4-20 from another reputable manufacturer, or possibly a slightly higher magnification at the low end but with better FOV. The new March 4.5-28x52 can certainly fit the bill, greater FOV at the low end even though it's higher magnification and coming in just under 30oz, but at $3500ish may be too far out of a lot of shooters budget. All that being said I am still curious to see how this new ATACR will perform.

Reactions: khuber84
If you order a March 4.5-28x52 until the 24th of January, you can get 20% off. Brings the price of the illuminated to 2850$ I'm very tempted to try one.......
Could you point me to where I could read more about how to get that 20% off deal? I have been sitting on the fence on this one and 20% off might push me over.

Updated original post to include the new Kahles K525i DLR with improved FOV. Obviously Kahles was feeling the pain of their narrowed FOV vs. the competition. So when is the K318i DLR going to come out with wider FOV, 10 mil turrets, quick throw for mag and parallax. I loved my K318i but biggest gripe was FOV. Hopefully the K318i is next to get the DLR treatment.

Some think the adjustments with the DLR are only incremental but a FOV change requires an eyepiece change and possibly some other internals, this is definitely something that may improve the overall IQ and I'm expecting the new 10 mil per rev turrets are even better than their already great 16 mil turrets.

My guess is the new DLR will hold its value much better than the previous K525i and that we'll begin to see even more Gen I K525i models in the classifieds for even less than what they've been going for.

Reactions: Eric32
While we're wishing, I'd love to see a 4-20x56 TT, 13" length, with a low profile version of their current turrets.
I think the closest we'll get is if Blaser allows Minox to use the tooling for the Blaser Infinity 4-20x58 but Minox puts their ZP5 turrets on it and uses the MR4 or similar reticle. That being said, would love to see a TT420M that essentially has similar specs as the TT315M.

Reactions: Moose
Is it just me or has this whole online Shot thingy been mostly a non-event.

Outside of the new ATACR and new AL AT-X, there hasn't been anything announced that has been overly exciting.

Other than the AT-X the thing I'm most interested in is the new Athlon Helos and ETR offerings.

NF updated their reticle on the 1-8 ATACR. Not groundbreaking either really. Was really hoping for a swarm of 1-10s or something in the ballpark for the gas gun crowds.

Reactions: HillBilly n TX
I think because SHOT was cancelled a lot of mfr’s didn’t feel the pressure to have to announce something sooner than they really should. The Nightforce 4-20x50 I think is the biggest but weighing more than the ZCO 4-20 was not the way I was hoping NF would go. After all the NF fanboys buy them I’m not sure how well it will continue, kind of makes me appreciate the 4-16x42 even more now.

if only someone would come out with a lightweight FFP scope that filled this niche with decent turrets, reticle and glass. Been asking for that for years...