• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show 2024

Why do you think a 2.5-15 FFP will be any different? Unless they make the reticle like .2mil thick you’re not going to pick it up easily on 2.5x.

If you want that mag range and want to use it well on the bottom end then buy a SFP optic.
There are some manufacturers that have figured this out and are producing Dual Plane Reticles.

There are some manufacturers that have figured this out and are producing Dual Plane Reticles.
With the right combination of thick outer stadia, thinner main cross hairs and a smaller amount of wind hold its entirely possible to do it in a FFP reticle.

Dual focal plane makes it easier with a larger magnification range (like the March) but has the main benefit of being able to use fibre optic illumination for a super bright red dot.

Reactions: HaydenLane
Pardners, it be kinda quiet around these there parts…
1705439533605.jpeg

It's kinda sarcasm, but given Area419 and SAC seem to be in the "I can make it more expensive" camp.... I wouldn't be surprised.

(I use and buy both brands. But at some point, it seems crazy to have those prices...)
I love my ZERO press... It is pricey, and for those who are either well-versed reloading vets, or someone who wants to start out with the top-tier stuff, it really fills that role nicely. I'm not a cheap MF'er by any means, but It was hard to justify that level of cash drop on a single-stage turret press at first. But after I got it in, and all setup, and started using it, man, it was worth every penny. I honestly don't see how SAC could top it, especially if it's at a higher price point...

I wonder if Vortex is going to announce a replacement for the Razor G2 3-18x50? They discontinued it.
Probably either gonna drop a RG3 version, or a PST G3 3-18x50 since it's becoming a very popular magnification range for folks wanting a "crossover" scope.

If vortex would make the razor hd lht 3-15 in ffp with the xlr2 reticle I think it would be pretty close to what a lot of us are looking for. Hopefully they have been listening and will give us some good news this year at shot !

I love my ZERO press... It is pricey, and for those who are either well-versed reloading vets, or someone who wants to start out with the top-tier stuff, it really fills that role nicely. I'm not a cheap MF'er by any means, but It was hard to justify that level of cash drop on a single-stage turret press at first. But after I got it in, and all setup, and started using it, man, it was worth every penny. I honestly don't see how SAC could top it, especially if it's at a higher price point...

I don't think they can top it, but I think they can make something very similar as far as quality and end result. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a co-ax style press. So, in theory, you'll be able to swap out dies without adjustments each time.

The Zero is a turret in name and technical detail only. The turret head in practice is basically just a tool holder, since you can't rapidly move the head. What that basically means is most of the difference in the two presses (assuming SAC is a co-ax) is how they store dies. The Zero keeps them in a tool head and the SAC, you just keep them wherever you want.

In theory, the SAC (again, assuming co-ax) might be more versatile. As in, it may be hard to organize zero tool heads to have everything you need for the day's activities on one tool head. So, you'll be swapping the whole head out sometimes. Where the SAC, you can just swap the die pretty quick.

It would also make the SAC quite a bit cheaper in the long run if you have a lot of dies. The Zero, you'll need to keep buying heads. The SAC, no need.

I'm not knocking the Zero. We have two in the shop and love them. But, unless the SAC is something pretty unexpected, we'll be buying at least one of those as well. If no other reason that I nerd out on loading equipment.

I don't think they can top it, but I think they can make something very similar as far as quality and end result. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a co-ax style press. So, in theory, you'll be able to swap out dies without adjustments each time.

The Zero is a turret in name and technical detail only. The turret head in practice is basically just a tool holder, since you can't rapidly move the head. What that basically means is most of the difference in the two presses (assuming SAC is a co-ax) is how they store dies. The Zero keeps them in a tool head and the SAC, you just keep them wherever you want.

In theory, the SAC (again, assuming co-ax) might be more versatile. As in, it may be hard to organize zero tool heads to have everything you need for the day's activities on one tool head. So, you'll be swapping the whole head out sometimes. Where the SAC, you can just swap the die pretty quick.

It would also make the SAC quite a bit cheaper in the long run if you have a lot of dies. The Zero, you'll need to keep buying heads. The SAC, no need.

I'm not knocking the Zero. We have two in the shop and love them. But, unless the SAC is something pretty unexpected, we'll be buying at least one of those as well. If no other reason that I nerd out on loading equipment.
I have 4 of the 7/8" turrets for it, and it came with a Hybrid turret that I'll probably never use unless I get into a Cheytac case...And that's still not enough to cover everything. Trust me, I know all about the tool-head "turret" swapping with the ZERO. I have probably 30-40 sets of dies...I reload for a lot of different stuff from .223 up to .300 Ackley Mag, .357 & .44 Magnum...Even .30-30, .444 Marlin, & .45-70. 😂

Reactions: lash
The LRA bipod guy told me that they’re going to release ski feet this month for their bigger bipod line. Lite-Tactical or whatever they confusingly call it. Not sure if this qualifies for Shot Show intel, but there you have it.

They might make ski feet for their small bipods if people ask for it (hint, hint).
I'd love to see an ARMS-17 variant, or event an R lock throw lever mount. Anyone know if Cliff is looking at this?

Somebody accidentally leaked-out that AGM is going to have a couple new thermals out... But posted zero details or pictures. I did a lot of snooping around online and my google-fu turned up some interesting things that are listed as "coming soon" or "NEW" on several websites...

But apparently one is a dual-objective with a 35mm & 60mm. Not sure how that works, but I guess we'll find out once SHOT starts... It's called the Clarion CLAR35-640. I've seen prices online ranging from $5,500-$7K... But none available to purchase, and no pictures.

And they're updating the Rattler line (both scopes & clip-ons) with a V2 series. It will have a newly redesigned housing that allows use of a propriety Li-Ion battery (rechargeable) system that will last for up to 11.5 hours! It also will finally record video AND audio (long overdue). Most of the rest of the specs I found are the exact same as the V1 Rattlers...12 microns, 50hz, etc...

Reactions: lash
Looks like desert tech did what they should have done two years ago and redesigned the MDR internals completely. Still love mine, but will be looking at the new rifle with interest, silly name aside.

I love DT and was looking "forward" to the video, but, in the final analysis:

They just tacitly admitted that the forward eject was a boondoggle.
They just CRUSHED the value of MDRX for current owners.
No mention as to whether you can change ejection from right to left.
I can already have a 6.5 PRC, I just have to get it spun up like I do with all my barrels
I don't think many 30-06 rifles will sell because...why?
The FA variants are completely utterly irrelevant to civilians except Nick Young, seen gleefully doing mag dumps throughout the video

On positive thing I note for HTI owners: that rifle was squared away from the beginning, and there have been zero updates. Because it just works.

I can already have a 6.5 PRC, I just have to get it spun up like I do with all my barrels
The FA variants are completely utterly irrelevant to civilians except Nick Young, seen gleefully doing mag dumps throughout the video

On positive thing I note for HTI owners: that rifle was squared away from the beginning, and there have been zero updates. Because it just works.
While I could be wrong, this won't go anywhere and nobody knows about support for it. I used to get excited over certain things like this but now, I don't even look.

If they finally fixed the MDR in 308 than I may actually consider one. I was VERY interested in it as a 308 but with all the problems that came from it I stayed away. If it's been fixed than I may pull the trigger.

I don't think it was that FE was a boondoggle, as much as the sales of a well-tuned side eject with an appropriate deflector and ejection pattern that made you not eat brass sold just as well, so they saw an opportunity to reduce complexity. We've seen it work in the VHS-2 as well, where it can be used weak side because of the well designed ejectors.

#2 is kind of unavoidable, and the previous QA issues had already done that anyway to some extent. Mine was a bit of a unicorn in the accuracy department, so I've loved it from day 1, but I maintain it meticulously.

the Sabertooth FA variant is interesting because the parts that allow it to go F/A aren't the serialized receiver, which will open up opportunities for 07/02 SOTs to convert semiauto wolverines.

Even as an existing MDRX owner, I'm actually looking forward to the wolverine as a 6.5CM precision platform

Been watching the vid at reduced speed. It's looks to me like RCBS Summit x Forster Coax style.

Stationary base, moving die/gantry with quick die change slot, fixed/non-moving parallel guide rods, wide handle stance for more clearance with taller dies, does not appear to have a priming system, no universal shell holder.

Reactions: NTB and Slickcam
Yay another overpriced press like the zero that does nothing better than a $200 one except separate morons from their money.

When top Fclass shooters are running an automated Dillion 750 and winning, it lets you know how fucking retarded these overpriced turrets and single stages are.

Been watching the vid at reduced speed. It's looks to me like RCBS Summit x Forster Coax style.

Stationary base, moving die/gantry with quick die change slot, fixed/non-moving parallel guide rods, wide handle stance for more clearance with taller dies, does not appear to have a priming system, no universal shell holder.

Yea, the top of the press looks to be two parts. A stationary part in the rear that has shell holder storage and tapped for something like a brush. And the front is what moves vertically like a RCBS Summit. I'd say it's closer to a Summit/Frankford Arsenal than a Forster.

Yes sir exactly. Of course I went with the Frankfort M Press first because I make poor choices with my money. Next will be to actual forester coax to add to the bench. If anyone using the m-press and has any upgrades or pointers I would love the info. After you try this style of press you wont go back......

nightforce in the background was a misleading choice for a press that will have a tangent theta price tag
An employee, specifically Alan Smith (could be an imposter though) for SAC posted on Instagram that it'll be $775 MSRP. If it isn't bullshit, not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Edit - Confirmed $775 price. Post made by SAC's official account on their Facebook page.

Last edited:
Reactions: DubfromGA
Isn't the point of the Co-Ax to bring the bullet/case UPWARD into the stationary die allowing the case to float, and self center, in the shell holder while entering the stationary die?

Reactions: DubfromGA
Isn't the point of the Co-Ax to bring the bullet/case UPWARD into the stationary die allowing the case to float, and self center, in the shell holder while entering the stationary die?
Co-axial alignment doesnt differ if ypu bring the die down, or the cartridge up. You get float in 2 axis; lefty-righty and fronty-backy. NOT uppy-downy, as that would effect seating depth.

Co-ax float is smart. You get float of the brass in thr shell holder, and you get marginal float in the die being screwed into the press. If you rigidly lock everything, you can deform brass.

Yes ive tries this, absolutely possible to do. Patience and care is key for setups.

It's bullshit so who cares.

Benchrest and fclass guys are winning national and world championships with a dillion 750. All that co-axial zero runout perfection shit does not translate to better ammo. You can get essentially zero runout by floating the dies with a oring or float die that costs $11.

I'm sure they will sell a ton. Like the zero they are designed to remove money from fools.

You would be better off investing in automation.

I'm curious to see if there's actually anything about that Maztech partnership Magpul had going. supposedly the ship date for the thing was Q2 2024

and of course civilian sales of the Vortex NGSW optic (not holding my breath for at least three more years on that)

between those, the Steiner IFS, and some other stuff coming to market it seems like 'smart' optics are finally nearing a tipping point

Reactions: rlsmith1
Most accurate ammo ive loaded was on a rock chucker. And ive tried multiple presses. Now own 2 rock chuckers.

If you are super concerned, size you brass, but before you remove it from shell holder, rotate it 1/3rd of a turn (rotate it in the shell holder while its still in the press) and size it again.. spunds weird, but ive found cheap dies and/or press benefit from this.

Forward eject was likely abandoned to simplify things, its not a bad idea for a bullpup.

Yes lets not develop or improve anything so that value of old shit doesn't get crushed.

I am pretty sure 30-06 are export-oriented.

Potential LE and MIL customers foreign and domestic .Enough to warrant FA and 4stack mags and lowers.

Reactions: ELCO82 and lash