• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show 2024

• Wow
Reactions: secondofangle2
LOL. That's the thing, it's perfectly fine if you can't afford something.

But what we mainly have around here is people who can absolutely afford it and purchase items that other people would think are priced way too high. They just want to argue why their chosen luxury item is a good buy and the other isn't.
As long as this forum exists, we will have people arguing about why brand a is better than brand b.

Reactions: lash
Caddex 14.5

04-3.jpg
Dear god.... Does this classify as a DD? 14.5=.57 right?

Less Ford vs Chevy more Mercedes vs BMW though is what I’m gathering.
I guess that depends on the person who's sharing the opinion.

Budget/luxury depends on the individual. $1500 to a guy used to buying semi-custom, custom rifles, or chassis rifles is a drop in the bucket, while to a guy whos used to base model rifles..hunting rifles..etc in the $500-$1000 price point, feels like a much bigger jump.

I know these are more or less polar opposites, but there's likely plenty of guys here who arent working with unlimited budgets, and if you have to buy expensive things, it definitely helps to have differing opinions. Its not like we can just try all of it out, and send it back, when we decide its not for us.

14.5X114 was originally a Rooskie anti-tank round that became the KPV heavy machine gun after WWII. They were used primarily as AA guns (set up in a quad configuration). About 150% the energy of a M2. 1.5Mi is considered its effective range against armor and aircraft.

I would not have guessed this would be a "precision" round at all, but maybe there are piles of milsurp cases lying in the motherland?

Isn't 20mm and bigger considered a "destructive device" by Feds? For some reason that stuck in my mind, but maybe I'm making that up.

Reactions: bigpeddler
14.5X114 was originally a Rooskie anti-tank round that became the KPV heavy machine gun after WWII. They were used primarily as AA guns (set up in a quad configuration). About 150% the energy of a M2. 1.5Mi is considered its effective range against armor and aircraft.

I would not have guessed this would be a "precision" round at all, but maybe there are piles of milsurp cases lying in the motherland?

Isn't 20mm and bigger considered a "destructive device" by Feds? For some reason that stuck in my mind, but maybe I'm making that up.

Any bore greater than 1/2" in diameter qualifies as a destructive device. Something like over 12.7mm.

Technically anything over .510” (they did that specifically so the .50 BMG wouldn’t be included in the DD category).

No. There is no "technically" at all. The bore size on a .50 BMG is .500 and the lands are .510.

The language is very specific. Any bore over one half inch is a destructive device.

Its only real anti-material round in widespread use , it dwarfs 12.7.

On poster behind the rifle you see a modern Ammo for it with bimetal case and modern penetrator

Cadex in 14.5mm was likely developed for Ukraine while money was no object and Canadian goverment was buying in bulk for Ukraine ,will likely end up all over ME wherever Sauds have their proxies,while the Yemen war was particularly hot Sauds were no.1 Cadex customer world wide by considerable margin.

Maybe not for civilians in US , but in much of EU you could buy 14.5mm as civilian

1100gr @ 1000 m/s -3280 fps, tungsten core with polymer tip exceeds the already wild ballistics of military 14.5x114

14-5-tungsten.png
YA4jy2Y.png

Huthis are mayor users of ''never fired, only droped once'' battle field pickup Cadex rifles that Sauds and their proxies left behind when they ran.
houthi-seized-weapon.jpg

Last edited:
Any info on the 24" heavy barrel T1x?
I didn't ask. I was in and out on a mission.
If anyone is still at Shot, I think Caleb is the guys name who heads sales for tikka/sako right now.

Well… Technically they are… You don’t shoot a .30 caliber bullet in a 20mm… So… 🤷🏼

You can if you wish. There's no law against that.

There is however, a law against owning a device with a bore over .5" unless you have specific qualifications/paperwork.

Well… Technically they are… You don’t shoot a .30 caliber bullet in a 20mm… So… 🤷🏼

It's 100% determined on the barrel bore diameter. Rebarrel a Boyes .55 to .50 bmg and voila, no more DD status. Same as putting a 16" upper on a SBR.

I'm pretty certain you can do squeeze-bores that end at .500 bore and fire .600" diameter projectiles and it's kosher.

You can if you wish. There's no law against that.

There is however, a law against owning a device with a bore over .5" unless you have specific qualifications/paperwork.
I know the ATF states specifically “no larger than a 1/2” diameter bore”, but I always found the exception of the .510” dia bullets in the .50 BMG to be interesting. Especially since a rifle’s bore diameter is typically referred to by the major diameter (grooves). For example, you don’t call a 7mm a .277” bore, you call it a .284” bore, because that’s the diameter of the bullets it shoots, even though most barrels are technically a .277/.284 bore spec.

Pistols (and some import rifles with metric bores) being an exception, with many shooting smaller diameter bullets than their nom de guerre… The .44 Magnum shoots a .429” bullet. The .38 special shoots .357 bullets.

Defensiveness runs high in this thread

Marriage counsellors should be advertising here
I’m having fun, I think it’s hilarious when the government’s ignorance contradicts common knowledge on a technicality. It just shows the level of competence of the clowns who write/wrote most of the gun laws. 😂

I know the ATF states specifically “no larger than a 1/2” diameter bore”, but I always found the exception of the .510” dia bullets in the .50 BMG to be interesting. Especially since a rifle’s bore diameter is typically referred to by the major diameter (grooves). For example, you don’t call a 7mm a .277” bore, you call it a .284” bore, because that’s the diameter of the bullets it shoots, even though most barrels are technically a .277/.284 bore spec.

Pistols (and some import rifles with metric bores) being an exception, with many shooting smaller diameter bullets than their nom de guerre… The .44 Magnum shoots a .429” bullet. The .38 special shoots .357 bullets.

I know you're an idiot, but I really think you'd realize that a bore and a bullet are two separate things one of which is on something that is regulated and the other is not. I'm sure you do though and you're just further arguing because you can't be fucking wrong.

I know you're an idiot, but I really think you'd realize that a bore and a bullet are two separate things one of which is on something that is regulated and the other is not. I'm sure you do though and you're just further arguing because you can't be fucking wrong.
I know you open your dick holster because you like to think you’re smart, and you love to hear yourself talk even more. Go back to your circle jerk with the other redneckbuttfuckers.

Oh, and if I’m wrong, I’ll typically admit I’m wrong, but a lot of times it’s a matter of opinions, technicalities, and sometimes it’s just plain fun to fuck with you and other peter puffers like you on here, and get you all riled up. 😂

Last edited:

If your goal is to be as incorrect as many times as possible on this subject, you're succeeding with flying colors.

The bore size is not the groove size. Take a look at any SAAMI print. For example, the bore size on a .308 chamber is .300 with a groove size of .308. With a +0.002" unless otherwise noted.

@FuhQ Since you used .277/.284 as an example.

Also, for example, when you order a barrel for a 6mm/.243.......you order a bore size of .236 or .237. You don't order a bore size of .243

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.48.21 AM.png

Reactions: lash
Especially since a rifle’s bore diameter is typically referred to by the major diameter (grooves). For example, you don’t call a 7mm a .277” bore, you call it a .284” bore, because that’s the diameter of the bullets it shoots, even though most barrels are technically a .277/.284 bore spec.
@FuhQ Since you used .277/.284 as an example.

Also, for example, when you order a barrel for a 6mm/.243.......you order a bore size of .236 or .237. You don't order a bore size of .243

View attachment 8332246
Pretty sure I already said that using the correct terminology. See above. 😉

Pretty cool, seems great for ELR.

Inside of a mile, I'll take those new Hornady HIT indicators

I could see this for some of the bigger PRS matches. But I agree, personal use I like the flashy ones.
New ACC Premier Gen 2. So essentially a budget ACC gen 2

I like the shorter forend but I'm pretty happy with my standard ACC. I was hoping they'd have a new Gen for the ESS.

I saw KGM is back? Thought they liquidated their inventory and were closing shop after the Sierra 5 issues.