• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show 2024

Hilarious

Why does Frank's phone have a bullet hole through it?
He shot it - I believe he was using the camera on the phone to spot hits on target while doing some ELR shooting and one of th bullets went through the phone. Phone still worked

Reactions: R_A_W
Are you making an assumption here, or do you know for sure it's reflective enough to matter?

That would imply they completely overlooked something that is pretty standard practice to make sure doesn't happen.
looking at the posted video, the reflection is very stark.

These are primarily used at times when there is no light to reflect off the lens.

yes, but I can see use cases where that may not always be the conditions, and reflected moonlight if present is just as bad as reflected daylight, sometimes worse.

just making observations based on the currently presented marketing information, maybe there are additional kit items designed to handle that problem that are not shown, but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that has been discounted or overlooked in product design.

my favorite example of poor design assumptions or overlooked issues is the battery cases for the DRS SPRTN-E, which on paper look fine but the chosen material is absolutely awful to machine to tolerance.

Hilarious

Why does Frank's phone have a bullet hole through it?
Screenshot_20240126_144825_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20240126_144610_Gallery.jpg

Think he also talked about it on an episode of the podcast. Not sure which one though.

In that FLIR video, the refresh rate and resolution is soooo good, you can see the bullets travel downrange like friggin tracers!

Reactions: carbonbased
Foxtrot Mike has some 1 piece barrels that are freakin cool. The whole thing including gas block and muzzle device is all one machined piece. There's a few vids on ytube.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Saw on IG that there are several new binos with reticle coming out chasing Bushnell ( Apex, Athlon and such) ‘d love to see a comparison here whenever they will be out, prices are good and that’s a good tool for PR

Last edited:
Reactions: R_A_W
looking at the posted video, the reflection is very stark.

yes, but I can see use cases where that may not always be the conditions, and reflected moonlight if present is just as bad as reflected daylight, sometimes worse.

just making observations based on the currently presented marketing information, maybe there are additional kit items designed to handle that problem that are not shown, but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that has been discounted or overlooked in product design.

my favorite example of poor design assumptions or overlooked issues is the battery cases for the DRS SPRTN-E, which on paper look fine but the chosen material is absolutely awful to machine to tolerance.

Mirrored surfaces can also have anti-reflective coatings. They are not mutually exclusive.

Did CZ unveil a gen 2 or rev 2 of their P10 series of poly striker pistols?

At about 53sec you can see it bouncing all over while on a M249 (I think) while the daylight scope is rock solid. I’m not familiar with these devices, but for $85k you’d think they’d get the mount a little more solid?

I guess there’s a chance that that it isn’t the thermal’s mount that is a problem, but it’s what it’s attached to is the thing that is bouncing? But it sure looks like the mount is the problem.
1706375461825.png

This is why you need a SOLID co-planar rail ...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

(Take a closer look...complete failure of multi-part rail system)

1706376426450.png

Reactions: jafo96 and TrevK
One of the best things I saw and one of the few things I ever seen and was I want that from shotshow was SAC Press.

SAC Press- I know people argued eailer but I think it's an awesome design and I plan on ordering one some day I'm poor but one day. I can't seem to get rid of single stage haha

Pretty crazy that all Shotshow gets us is some new stocks and a new, expensive, press. Oh, at new PSA guns. Is PSA the only place trying to make new stuff?

Reactions: TrevK
That Gen2 Bravo seems nice for sure.
View attachment 8332990

The Walnut MDT is pretty neat...I wasn't expecting that.
View attachment 8332991

Hornady HIT indicators.
View attachment 8332994
View attachment 8332995

MDT's version. No lights, just sound effects at your bases station. Uses radio comms between receivers...two mile LOS capabilities, if using just "ping" sounds, you can have unlimited targets, or designate up to 8 identified targets.
View attachment 8332998

Nighforce's new spotter is sharp, compact and pretty neat. $3,000 slick....a tad over $3,000 if you want the cage.
View attachment 8333003
Available in MiL, MOA, and Tremor-4.
View attachment 8333004

New thermals from AGM.
View attachment 8333005
Thank you for posting these.

Reactions: earthquake
One of the best things I saw and one of the few things I ever seen and was I want that from shotshow was SAC Press.

SAC Press- I know people argued eailer but I think it's an awesome design and I plan on ordering one some day I'm poor but one day. I can't seem to get rid of single stage haha
Agreed. I really like it too. Mark spent a lot of time with me discussing it.
Screenshot_20240127-163742-003.png

It takes up a lot less bench space than it seems in photos. It's a work of art, and solid as a rock.

Agreed. I really like it too. Mark spent a lot of time with me discussing it.
View attachment 8334200

It takes up a lot less bench space than it seems in photos. It's a work of art, and solid as a rock.
Do you have to have the tube underneath? I think the built in camover is smart and not relying on doe and shell holder contact. I gotta find some money and fast haha

That Gen2 Bravo seems nice for sure.
View attachment 8332990

The Walnut MDT is pretty neat...I wasn't expecting that.
View attachment 8332991

Hornady HIT indicators.
View attachment 8332994
View attachment 8332995

MDT's version. No lights, just sound effects at your bases station. Uses radio comms between receivers...two mile LOS capabilities, if using just "ping" sounds, you can have unlimited targets, or designate up to 8 identified targets.
View attachment 8332998

Nighforce's new spotter is sharp, compact and pretty neat. $3,000 slick....a tad over $3,000 if you want the cage.
View attachment 8333003
Available in MiL, MOA, and Tremor-4.
View attachment 8333004

New thermals from AGM.
View attachment 8333005

Can we get some details on the Bravo gen2?

Do you have to have the tube underneath? I think the built in camover is smart and not relying on doe and shell holder contact. I gotta find some money and fast haha
I'm not sure, as I didn't ask. But I doubt it's a permanent fixture, with how modular this thing is.

Primers drop straight down. If you don't use the tube, you'll either have to have a hole drilled and a trash can under, or you'll need to add a base that has a catch tray. I think they are working on a base or working with a company on a base.

Primers drop straight down. If you don't use the tube, you'll either have to have a hole drilled and a trash can under, or you'll need to add a base that has a catch tray. I think they are working on a base or working with a company on a base.
It would most likely fall into a draw so not terrible then. I'm sure inline will have a stand for it so that would work too.

700 LA and Tikka C4 available this year. Main changes for Xray and Bravo is around the magwell area. More material for barricade stop purposes and molded in inserts for quiver.

View attachment 8334218View attachment 8334215
View attachment 8334216
View attachment 8334217
Bah! Looks like the only CTR mag model is still the Bravo.

So If you want a full Tikka CTR W3, you have to first by that CTR Bravo, then navigate to their TRG Sako area and buy the W3 rear folder (why it isn’t listed in the regular accessories area is beyond me).

This is what KRG told me way before Shot Show btw.

However, I kinda want the C4 rear. Arruugh.

I played with a krg c4.. not impressed. I cant work out where the money is.. super expenaive for what it is.

I played with a krg c4.. not impressed. I cant work out where the money is.. super expenaive for what it is.
I was shocked at the price more than $1000 than the whiskey I was kinda scratching my head on that. Mdt acc elite is $1599 usually there more

Reactions: iceng
THe mdt is good, but theres a few things i dont like about it. The elite got close, but they still missed the mark (for me). Price is good tho.

Reactions: Baron23
THe mdt is good, but theres a few things i dont like about it. The elite got close, but they still missed the mark (for me). Price is good tho.
I just brought price up for comparison. I'm a huge krg fan I love my whiskey 3 gen 6 nothing out there for me to leave that chassis and my setup.

Yeah, I can’t quite figure the extra price out either. Where did the dollars go? Except for the adjustable bag rider.

That last bit is what interests me.

The C4 is one solid piece of aluminum and also comes with a top rail. That's the two largest factors for the price difference.

MDT and MPA are larger and can produce their similar chassis a bit cheaper.

Reactions: Evintos
Dead Air put up a video for their new cans showing them side by side.

IMG_9722.jpeg

The C4 is one solid piece of aluminum and also comes with a top rail. That's the two largest factors for the price difference.

MDT and MPA are larger and can produce their similar chassis a bit cheaper.

MDT for sure is a 2 piece design. MPA Matrix Pro I think is also a 2 piece. Stock detaches from the main back bone. For MDT ACC, add the cost of the bridge pieces on top of the chassis cost. Add the cost of a longer bridge for the MPA Matrix Pro.

Similarly equipped will be similarly priced (not including the generous discounts MDT offers during Black Friday, and I think MPA also offers discounts).

Dead Air put up a video for their new cans showing them side by side.
I don't know how many people trust Dead Air after the whole lack of communications thing and prolonged warranty repair time during the Sierra debacle.

What dont you like about the Elite?
Quite a few things. But again, its personal. Foreend shape, still flexible, no mlok right by front of receiver because of the weirdo square and screw holes, cant use other grips (i do NOT like that mdt grip, dont know many people that do), butt adjustment system, and cheek system also, the foreend cover is ass (yours is WAY better), the stupid bar rider bar thing seems like an after though, doesnt balance well unless you use a honkin big long barrel,...

I DO like the hidden mlok for thumb rest, and how they slotted the trigger guard, and put a griptape thing above trigger hole.

Reactions: Baron23