• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Should I buy a Tangent Theta?

TT will not parallax or focus closer than 50 yards. This is the ONLY reason I have a S&B on my 40x. For centerfire I cannot imagine needing to shoot closer than 50 yards outside of hunting...and inside 50 yards parallax abs focus should not cause a missed shot.

For some, the close in parallax adjustment is nice because they can snap in/dry fire in the back yard without an IOTA.

What do you mean by low down? The amount of adjusting required to remove parallax?
pretty sure he means "short range focus", i.e. the ability to focus the scope at ranges really close (<50yds). S&B can focus on an object as close as 10m or something like that. TT lacks that capability.

Reactions: Tunnuh
I made that decision in my mind a long time ago. I'd like to know if Armament Technology/TT are direct to dealer or if they have a US distributor; if they do have a distributor in the US, who is it?
If im not mistaken, ATI is the US distributer, and they work with dealers.

Correct—TT is the manufacturer and ATI is the US importer and distributor, who sell to retail dealers.

Reactions: TheOE800
I’ve never lost a match due to my NF’s or SB’s...

Clarity is subjective. I personally (obviously opinion based) love the NF 7-35. Tracks true, excellent eye box (even at 35x) and a reticle I prefer (mil c). Yes I struggle with the few stages that require hold overs or no dial, but 90-95% I get by just fine.

Looked through a few TT and indeed they are nice. Parallax doesn’t need to be touched after 400 (or so it seemed), tooless feature is pretty sweet for switch barrel set ups (AI, DT, etc) but the NF is simple enough as long as the user sets the zero stop back far enough to to simply slip the turret.

For the time being I’ll stick with them and spend the extra coin on components to shoot more.

So to bump this thread and give an update, I ordered a TT 3-15x50 P model from CSTactical and received it yesterday. After mounting it on my Desert Tech and fingering it a while, I will say the turrets are absolutely the best "feeling" of any I've used. I've had Premier, NF Atacr & NXS, S&B PMII 5-25's, Kahles 624 Gen 3, Vortex Razor Gen 2, and probably others I've forgotten about. The turrets on the TT have the perfect crispness of clicks, the perfect amount of force required to turn, and the perfect spacing between clicks. The elevation and windage turrets feel exactly the same. Almost every other scope I've owned one turret feels different than the other. Everyone knows about the tool less rezero, and it's extremely easy to use and seems very robust. The glass is extremely clear, but I can't really say it's better than my S&B 5-25 yet. I just haven't had enough time with it to comment more than that on the glass. The magnification ring and parallax adjustment also have the perfect amount of tension to turn and are very smooth.

So far I'm very impressed with the scope. Is it worth the $? I really don't know. I've had lots of scopes that cost less, and when I received them I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not underwhelmed with the TT. I had a couple Premier 3-15's and the TT just feels more refined overall. Much more refined.

I sent TT an email asking about the Gen 2 XR reticle thickness. Their response was that the 3-15 has a line thickness of .040 mrad, and the 5-25 has a line thickness of .025 mrad. The thickness of the reticle seems about perfect at 15x, and gets thin below 10x.

Would also like to give a shout out to Richard at CSTactical. Excellent customer service! I'm one happy customer.

So to bump this thread and give an update, I ordered a TT 3-15x50 P model from CSTactical and received it yesterday. After mounting it on my Desert Tech and fingering it a while, I will say the turrets are absolutely the best "feeling" of any I've used. I've had Premier, NF Atacr & NXS, S&B PMII 5-25's, Kahles 624 Gen 3, Vortex Razor Gen 2, and probably others I've forgotten about. The turrets on the TT have the perfect crispness of clicks, the perfect amount of force required to turn, and the perfect spacing between clicks. The elevation and windage turrets feel exactly the same. Almost every other scope I've owned one turret feels different than the other. Everyone knows about the tool less rezero, and it's extremely easy to use and seems very robust. The glass is extremely clear, but I can't really say it's better than my S&B 5-25 yet. I just haven't had enough time with it to comment more than that on the glass. The magnification ring and parallax adjustment also have the perfect amount of tension to turn and are very smooth.

So far I'm very impressed with the scope. Is it worth the $? I really don't know. I've had lots of scopes that cost less, and when I received them I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not underwhelmed with the TT. I had a couple Premier 3-15's and the TT just feels more refined overall. Much more refined.

I sent TT an email asking about the Gen 2 XR reticle thickness. Their response was that the 3-15 has a line thickness of .040 mrad, and the 5-25 has a line thickness of .025 mrad. The thickness of the reticle seems about perfect at 15x, and gets thin below 10x.

Would also like to give a shout out to Richard at CSTactical. Excellent customer service! I'm one happy customer.

We're glad you're enjoying that fantastic scope :cool: Please let us know if we can assist in the future.

. The glass is extremely clear, but I can't really say it's better than my S&B 5-25 yet. I just haven't had enough time with it to comment more than that on the glass.

Mr Dirthead sir,
I'm curious to hear your experiences with your new 3-15x50 TT vs your 5-25x56 SuB... challenging a 56mm objective lens with a 50mm objective is a tough challenge. If the smaller 50mm TT is in front of (or even equal to) the 56mm SuB I will be very impressed. Please keep us updated. Thanks

I have both and would say the 315 TT is the clearest scope I have looked through. I would put the 315 slightly ahead of both the 525P and the s&b 5-25. Now...I can see more with the 5-25’s cause they are bigger, but as far as clarity...the 315 has both others beat.

I have both and would say the 315 TT is the clearest scope I have looked through. I would put the 315 slightly ahead of both the 525P and the s&b 5-25. Now...I can see more with the 5-25’s cause they are bigger, but as far as clarity...the 315 has both others beat.
Impressive. Thanks.

Took mine to the range yesterday afternoon and I would agree with this. It was an overcast day and I was just shooting at paper targets, but clarity and sharpness were excellent. I usually try to read small print on the targets to judge how sharp the image is, and I will say the TT was extremely crisp. It was very easy to read small numbers/letters, and their edges were very sharp. My S&B is similar, and I'm hesitant after one range trip to say the TT is significantly better, but it is very impressive from edge to edge. Parallax adjustment was also very easy. I found it to be easier to adjust than the S&B. And again, the turrets are much better than anything I've ever used.

I have read some of the comments regarding Orkan and will be the first to admit he is not the ideal candidate for the diplomatic corp. I have locked horns with Orkan numerous times and I STILL made a substantial purchase from the guy for one simple reason. He knows his stuff and I don't say that about many people in any disciplines. What's more is in the infrequent case where he doesn't have product experience he will be up front with you on that instead of BSing like many have in my experience. He spends his own money testing equipment that form the basis of the advice he dispenses. Every time I've asked him a question about anything shooting related, he would explain in the most precise terms what his opinion was and why or he would say I haven't used that. Most often the former rather than the latter. I could tell by the depth of his answers that he had hands on experience each piece of equipment he was talking about.

I look at him as a Consumer Reports for the shooting sports. We locked horns again this week but as far as my being comfortable with his expertise and recommendations, I will continue to seek his advise on shooting related purchases.

Just a little update.....

I've had the chance to shoot several times now with my TT 3-15x50 P, and also compared to a PMII 5-25 and a recently acquired S&B 5-20x50 Ultra Short. To my eyes, the S&B's are the same. Both very clear and crisp image. The TT is noticeably better. It's hard to explain until you see it for yourself, but the image quality is just better with the TT. You can clearly see the tiniest details. The S&B's are really good, don't get me wrong. They are fantastic compared to most other scopes, but the TT is a little better. I have a hard time seeing CA and other color differences people talk about, so I'm only referring to image clarity and sharpness.

TT has extremely good microcontrast. It gives the image that weird almost 3D like effect where comparatively small details are almost pulpable.

I suspect everyone's eyes will interpret that long of an image a little differently, but for me the difference is noticeable. Some older S&B's also have it to a certain degree, but usually only at higher magnifications.

I’ve got 2 and I’ve got a zco5-25 it’s back in the box it came in. Just buy one you’ll never regret it ! “unless your wife finds out”?

Just a little update.....

I've had the chance to shoot several times now with my TT 3-15x50 P, and also compared to a PMII 5-25 and a recently acquired S&B 5-20x50 Ultra Short. To my eyes, the S&B's are the same. Both very clear and crisp image. The TT is noticeably better. It's hard to explain until you see it for yourself, but the image quality is just better with the TT. You can clearly see the tiniest details. The S&B's are really good, don't get me wrong. They are fantastic compared to most other scopes, but the TT is a little better. I have a hard time seeing CA and other color differences people talk about, so I'm only referring to image clarity and sharpness.

Unless he's got multiple, this TT315P is mine now. The day I got it mounted up, I spent a good deal of time bouncing back and forth between this and my 3-20x50 S&B US and my initial assessments were the same. Even with 5x less, details were sharper and clearer. And once on the range; the same held true at a half-mile and glassing objects at a mile.

I've adopted a pretty heavy filter that most opinions here now are heavily weighted through a lot of PRS and owner validation (fanboy) bias. Thus, I was skeptical that a TT could really be that good.

I'm starting to think it's not hype.

Reactions: dirthead1
Unless he's got multiple, this TT315P is mine now. The day I got it mounted up, I spent a good deal of time bouncing back and forth between this and my 3-20x50 S&B US and my initial assessments were the same. Even with 5x less, details were sharper and clearer. And once on the range; the same held true at a half-mile and glassing objects at a mile.

I've adopted a pretty heavy filter that most opinions here now are heavily weighted through a lot of PRS and owner validation (fanboy) bias. Thus, I was skeptical that a TT could really be that good.

I'm starting to think it's not hype.
Agree 100% the S&B is top notch and she is king for my night time stuff. But during hours of day light TT Has the edge. So sharp and clear, running a close 2nd to Sarwo Z6 in light gathering. TT all the way.