• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I join the local Sheriffs department?

I wonder if my county library system has this one in circulation yet?

1j03Va1.png

Join do 6 months make a decision I was thrown into the Lions den @ 21 years old C95 Riker island nyc also county jails are different than most large city jails give it a shot everyday is a new challenge Goodluck.

I wonder if my county library system has this one in circulation yet?

1j03Va1.png
I figured they would have grafted you a courtesy copy for using your pre-bearded charmer pic on the cover. Cheap bastards!

The truth hurts. :)

Why does the public have a negative perception of police?

And if it were the truth, so be it, but it's not. Are there guys who are badge heavy, sure. But to make an asinine statement that you have to be a bully to want to be the police is pure fucktardery. The vast majority of guys I knew and worked with were the ones who couldn't stand a bully, in any fashion.

As for negative perception, cops by the very nature of their profession are in the shitty position of having to tell people "no". In a society that largely believes that whatever fucked up shit they do is okay, because they've never been told "no" in their lives, its easy to resent the guys who represent the consequences of your choices.

I think that's my final attempt at a civil response to trolls. I'll probably just start throwing poo at the walls from here on out.

And if it were the truth, so be it, but it's not. Are there guys who are badge heavy, sure. But to make an asinine statement that you have to be a bully to want to be the police is pure fucktardery. The vast majority of guys I knew and worked with were the ones who couldn't stand a bully, in any fashion.

As for negative perception, cops by the very nature of their profession are in the shitty position of having to tell people "no". In a society that largely believes that whatever fucked up shit they do is okay, because they've never been told "no" in their lives, its easy to resent the guys who represent the consequences of your choices.

I think that's my final attempt at a civil response to trolls. I'll probably just start throwing poo at the walls from here on out.

Only if Corn is in the pudding........

The bottom line is that police are viewed negatively by a large segment of the population.

You might wonder why.

For the answer to that question, just observe the behavior of police.

The bottom line is that police are viewed negatively by a large segment of the population.

You might wonder why.

Or, perhaps you should give some consideration to the behavior of the general population as an influencing factor.

Or, perhaps you should give some consideration to the behavior of the general population as an influencing factor.

Oh, I see, police are perfect and do not abuse their positions or break the law. Thank you for clarifying that.

Do you know that a policeman is 10x more likely to be convicted of aggravated assault than a member of the general population?

guy, many of us have serious concerns with the state of law enforcement in our country, hell 90% of the cops on this forum, a numeroust and vocal bunch, know this too. Grown up try to be more specific and constructive and less general. Nobody here cares if anyone views them negatively, not now not a decade ago not ever. Now if you have something specific , bring it.

You might wonder why.

Reactions: Bender
guy, many of us have serious concerns with the state of law enforcement in our country, hell 90% of the cops on this forum, a numeroust and vocal bunch, know this too. Grown up try to be more specific and constructive and less general. Nobody here cares if anyone views them negatively, not now not a decade ago not ever. Now if you have something specific , bring it.

So you set the rules for discussion? I do not think so.

Have you ever wondered why non-cops seem to not care when they hear news of a cop having been shot?

I am a non cop jackass, and pretty vocal about the state of Law Enforcement on this forum and in general, but, the end of the day, the cops are apart of our towns and community, they represent us, including you, for better or worse, when a bad cop is outed the hammer has to come down hard,really hard but I can tell you bad cops are not the ones getting killed because there are that few of them. When you see a cop killed, part of your community was just killed, wake it the fuck up jackass, move outta moms basement, go put an application in and make changes from within, until you do that stop wishing cops dead and gloating about it, its bad form.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Oh, I see, police are perfect and do not abuse their positions or break the law. Thank you for clarifying that.

Do you know that a policeman is 10x more likely to be convicted of aggravated assault than a member of the general population?

Yes, and given that Cops are outnumbered by the general population by at least 1,000 to 1 in major metropolitan areas, it seems pretty obvious that there are a lot more bad “citizens” than there are bad Cops, in real numbers. But, if you are hell bent on believing that all cops are bad, I not only can’t help you, I’m not even interested in trying. Personally, I don’t fear either group, but I am far less concerned about running into the periodic “bad cop”, than I am of running across the bad citizen.

By the way, if you are aware of the general “makeup” of this website, why are you here ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
AJ... I'm with you on the retardedness of the 'bullies' post. I never worked corrections. But transported more prisoners than I can count. Mostly at 3 am. Most of them were intoxicated. Dealt with the guys up at State (the pen) constantly.

Here some facts... those who want to bully or abuse prisoners... won't last a week. Neither will 'fraidy cats.

You treat prisoners with respect. Not reverence... not as superiors or even equals. But you treat everyone the same. And you give them the respect that comes along with the fact most are doing their time or know they fucked up... and don't need an extra layer of crap on top of the incarceration they are already facing. The courts will deal with them. Their sentences are often harsh and jail sucks. That does not mean you are trying to be their friend. It does mean that you don't need to make their sentence harder by being a douchebag or a hard-ass or by fu**ing with them. It means maintaining a command presence. Not letting them push beyond the rules... but not pushing their buttons either.

It also means not being afraid to go 'game on' if they violate the rules. But that is the last resort. Not the way you conduct yourself day-to-day.

Command presence. Whether in jail or on the street... is not about being a bully. It's about making sure everyone knows who owns the situation... and making sure that everyone is damn sure that you are in charge. The minute you start being a bully... you lose command presence. And the situation is volatile. And then, eventually, the bully loses one when the situation goes south. Which it will sooner or later. Calm, cool, collected... and in charge. Unequivocally and unmistakably in charge. Physically, verbally and in projecting capability to deal with any situation. Bullies never handle that. Smart Type-A people who are confident that they can handle any situation thanks to attitude and training... handle that fine. In a pen or on the street.

Those who think that only bullies and 'Farva' types become police or sheriff's, etc? Are cut from the same cloth that think only baby-killers join the armed-forces. Putting on a uniform draws people who want to serve, not subjugate, their fellow-man. If you don't understand that... it says more about you than it does about the prison guard.

I had a lot of respect for the guys who worked inside the walls. It's not something I would want to do. But the ones that are good at it... aren't good at it because they are bullies. They are good at it because they can handle some of society's worst animals with care, respect and professionalism. It's a dirty job. It takes a pro to do it.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sirhr; This is so much on point that it deserved a repost. I dont work in jail, but I do work in a locked psychiatric ward and a lot of what you wrote above rings true in my field too. At the best of times it is a strange place to be in, some days are just too strange for the people outside to even begin to grasp. But we handle it and most of the time, we handle it good. I find that a lot of times it is about giving the people I meet a sense of security that they are not able to find or keep for them selves.

Last edited:
500G is a legal scholar AND a dick.... he is a friend of mine, and I have to accept his faults.

A “scholar” that uses generalizations as arguments? Lmao....500g, go sell retard somewhere else, we are full up here......