• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show 'em

Re: Show 'em

Like we all need more cool toys to spend money on. I hate this site;)

Looking forward to the old iron.

Ahhh, new site.

I'll have to dig up and scan some photos of when I was teaching sniper schools using the M1C/Ds.

Great new forum - I like it!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike - can we include accurate reproductions too? Can always move the post to a new thread if not....

Enfield No4(T) - All matching and original '44 Long Branch with '44 dated No32Mk3 scope (repro by Thames Valley Guns)

No4T003.jpg

Mauser K98k "byf41" - All matching and original with pre-war dated Zeiss ZF39 Zielvier in SSR mount (repro by Miltech). Repro stock now replaced with original '41 dated WaA655 "L" stock (will replace pic ASAP)

Miltech98k003-1.jpg

Does an 1898 Krag 30-40 count?? If so... I will take it out of the back of the safe...unwrap it and snap some pics...

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Next time I get out to my parents I'll snap a shot of my Springfield, my M40 and WWI Mauser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll have to dig up and scan some photos of when I was teaching sniper schools using the M1C/Ds.
</div></div>

We had a few M1D's in our unit. Spent some time behind one.

Another forum added. Maybe a few will post some of there M40's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great new forum - I like it!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike - can we include accurate reproductions too? Can always move the post to a new thread if not....

Enfield No4(T) - All matching and original '44 Long Branch with '44 dated No32Mk3 scope (repro by Thames Valley Guns)

No4T003.jpg

Mauser K98k "byf41" - All matching and original with pre-war dated Zeiss ZF39 Zielvier in SSR mount (repro by Miltech). Repro stock now replaced with original '41 dated WaA655 "L" stock (will replace pic ASAP)

awesome rifles! my favorite world war rifle is the enfield but bulk ammo is damn near gone and selection of facotry ammo stinks and variety of bullets and brass isnt great as far as the .303 brit.

Miltech98k003-1.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diver9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great new forum - I like it!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No4T003.jpg

awesome rifles! my favorite world war rifle is the enfield but bulk ammo is damn near gone and selection of facotry ammo stinks and variety of bullets and brass isnt great as far as the .303 brit.

Miltech98k003-1.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

RE: Show 'Em

2272010001-1.jpg

Redfield scope and rings on a 1903, barrel marked USMC, has been as you see it now since at least the late 60s. Sends bullets down-range, kills deer, good enough for me. Oh, and it spits fire 4+ feet out the end of the barrel but that may be the ammo... I know that may not sound like much to some people but compared to my Enfield which has very little muzzle flash this things a beast.

Just for you diver 9, another Enfield pic:
[img:center]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/martaylo3/Rifles/2272010005-1.jpg?t=1308962911[/img]

Not a sniper rifle you say? Well, I'm doing 4 inch groups on average at 200 yards with the flip-up kneeling with it resting on a stump, not perfect but considering the ammo and age of the rifle...

All original, non matching numbers but they all trace back to India and 1944 so that's close enough for me.

That Enfield No4(T) made me cry just a little. I just sold my No4Mk2 a month or two back due to funds.
frown.gif
Someday I'll have another, though I doubt I'll ever have the funds to put towards an accurate No4(T) like yours!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M40a.jpg
</div></div>

What is that radio (thingy) and how does it work?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mauser K98k "byf41" - All matching and original with pre-war dated Zeiss ZF39 Zielvier in SSR mount (repro by Miltech). Repro stock now replaced with original '41 dated WaA655 "L" stock (will replace pic ASAP)

Miltech98k003-1.jpg
</div></div>

Did that come from Mitchells Mausers by chance?

I am considering buying one of theirs but they are Yugo post war rifles that are re-stamped matchingg, BUT they have original scope, repro mount....

BEAUTIFUL rifle though.

Want to sell that other stock?

This is perfect, its giving me ideas. Expensive ideas, that are somewhat out of reach right now, but ideas.

Damn!! I can already see that this new section is going to cost me some SERIOUS coin. For that...I HATE YOU ALL!!!
wink.gif

Keep the pics/descriptions coming guys...this is truly an awesome collection of rifles to behold!

2458310060048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

Top to bottom:
M70 w/1-1/4" 8x Unertl CMP papered property marked
40x 22lr w/Weaver T10 USMC/property marked CMP papered
M1D CMP papered
1903A4 clone
M40 commemorative w/Gen2 Redfield accurange
Spec GAP M40A1 w/Unertl and smear
GAP M24
1941 clone w/1" 8x Unertl (work in progress)

The 40X will be getting a Lyman supertarget spot as soon as I have time to put it on.

Hope someone enjoys the pic!
Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Top to bottom:
M1D CMP papered
1903A4 clone
GAP M24

The 40X will be getting a Lyman supertarget spot as soon as I have time to put it on.

Trilogymac </div></div>

Shock and Awe at your collection...very nice!

Arcticlight - no, it's not a Mitchels Mauser, it is from Ed Silva at Miltech in California. Original byf41 Oberndorf production, all matching numbers - not a Yugo or Russian Capture. Can really recommend Ed's work if you are looking for an "as issued" refurbed sniper project. PM me if you need more. Scope mount is a repro (but great quality). Just picked the rifle up from my smith in the UK today after he has fitted the new 1941 WaA655 vintage stock Ed found for me recently. PM inbound on the repro stock. Here it is now:

Bisley250611013.jpg

Trilogymac ya owe me a keyboard, I drooled all over mine. That is an outstanding collection. Any details on how they shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caeli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for you diver 9, another Enfield pic:
[img:center]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/martaylo3/Rifles/2272010005-1.jpg?t=1308962911[/img]

Not a sniper rifle you say? Well, I'm doing 4 inch groups on average at 200 yards with the flip-up kneeling with it resting on a stump, not perfect but considering the ammo and age of the rifle...

All original, non matching numbers but they all trace back to India and 1944 so that's close enough for me.
</div></div>

thanks man! i would snatch one up in a heart beat if they were in .308 and made in britian or canada. .303 is way to expensive for an oldie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Top to bottom:
M1D CMP papered
1903A4 clone
GAP M24

Trilogymac </div></div>

where did you get your springfield "clones" from?? very interested!

Damn Bill.....as much as we have talked rifles I never knew. Nostalgia range day at your house would be a blast. Great looking pile of sticks ya got there!

Greg,
I told you I was an "old" guy.
grin.gif

It does kind of look like a pile now that you mention it!
Maybe I need to rearrange.

Diver9,
I bought the A4 from 7mmRM here on the hide. He did a really nice job on it. The 1941 was a partially finished project I found on GB.

Bill

i love old guns. there is a satifaction in having something that has been around longer than you and has a story behind it.

PDD,
Good morning.
The commemorative was a little disappointing at first. I bedded it, put about 200 rounds thru it and now it's a hammer.
The M40a1 has 20 rounds thru it. @ 230 yards, it did an 1-1/8" 5 shot group with FGMM.
The 1903A4 shoots 1" to 1-1/8" with 1st handloads.
The 1941 shoots 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" with 1st handloads.

I haven't shot the M70,M1D or M24.
The M24 is an Eric Reed built gun.

Best,
Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caeli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is that radio (thingy) and how does it work?</div></div>

That is a AN\PRC-47 HF (2-12 MHz)radio with complete transit case (drop kit). They were considered a manpack... took two men to transport it. One had a backpack frame with the special battery... the other lugged the radio set itself... heavy as hell, 45 lbs <span style="text-decoration: underline">without</span> the accessory kit. Used in the field in Vietnam by USMC FAC's and USAF Combat Controllers/FAC's. It still works great.

Trilogymac</div></div>

Now that’s what could be called a NICE RACK!!
A man could spend some quality time fondling those babies.

You have a nice collection of history there. I applaud your efforts at collecting and restoring these little blasts from the past.

Keep up the good work!

That is beautiful. I think the 96 might be my favorite. Please post a pic of the whole setup.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1902 M96 with Pramm Diopter.

smallPicture27.jpg

smallPicture025.jpg

smallPicture024.jpg

smallIMAG0017.jpg

And I did a lot of research to figure what this was all about.

smallPicture048.jpg
</div></div>

Swiss K31, 1941. Modified a bit.
Custom stock made from beater Swiss original. Bedded.
Swiss Products Compensator
Swiss Products Scope mount
Wotac 4x14 Scope
Harris bi-pod
I can return it to all original issue.
Photo from 1000yd shoot with my home made Target cam.
Tick marks on target is 1 inch.

K31Wotac7.jpg

K31Wotac5.jpg

K31Wotac2.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

My M41b and CG63 Swedes. I used the M41b at our monthly LR tactical rifle matches for 2 years till we added a small CBS target. A 4x scope just wasn't enough to guarantee a hit on a 1 MOA target every time. On the other hand, it was accurate enough that I could consistently finish in the top 20% every month. Now I just use it in a military rifle silhouette match in the scoped rifle class, and in a vintage military rifle long range match I started running this year.

So I switched to the CG63. It started out as a target rifle with aperture sights I shot in prone matches, then I scoped it for our Tactical rifle match. I used it in the very first TBRC and finished in the top 10. I bring it back out once in a while to humble people.

M41b.jpg

M41bside.jpg

View through the scope at 800 yards. Those who have shot the TBRC will recognize the targets.

M41bScopeShot.jpg

The CG63 with my make shift mirage cover

CG63.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PennyB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Lee-enfield No4 Mk1-T with the shipping crate

NO4-T-A5820.jpg

</div></div>

Fantastic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F4D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swiss K31, 1941. Modified a bit.
Custom stock made from beater Swiss original. Bedded.
Swiss Products Compensator
Swiss Products Scope mount
Wotac 4x14 Scope
Harris bi-pod
I can return it to all original issue.
Photo from 1000yd shoot with my home made Target cam.
Tick marks on target is 1 inch.

K31Wotac7.jpg

K31Wotac5.jpg

K31Wotac2.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

</div></div> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> Nice looking shooter.