• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
I make quite a few grips but every once in a while I just have to show off some finished work.... When I particularly like the finished product.

the first set is for a member here on the forum James Hurst . he has been a joy to work with

These are Ebony inlayed with .999 silver.

This set is for a friend of mine who is also a repeat customer. He is having me make 4 sets of these in different woods for a special forces alumni fund raiser.

these are desert iron wood

Last edited:
about 10 if I worked on them all in one sitting could probably do it in 6-8 but I work on them when I can.. I do have a day job.

they are all done 100% by hand no CNC or fancy cutting equipment. Not that I'm apposed to that!

Last edited:
Wow sir, that is some impressive work!!!
You are a craftsman.
Thanks for sharing those pics.
Really incredible.

I don't want this to be a sale post so if your interested in that send a PM. I would rather not answer questions about sales in here.. Thanks

Last edited:
If I didn't sell my 1911's and go to all Tupperware, I'd be ordering a set of ebony grips from you. Beautiful work!!

Very nice. I occasionally have people ask about custom inlay work, I'll keep your info and steer them your way.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine

That's awesome work on the grips. Would be cool to take the trigger on the first one and cut it out to match the lines on the silver inlay.

I make quite a few grips but every once in a while I just have to show off some finished work.... When I particularly like the finished product.

the first set is for a member here on the forum James Hurst . he has been a joy to work with

These are Ebony inlayed with .999 silver.

nice grips but whats with the 3 sperm symbol?

Last edited:
These were both sets for customers.. they were photographed on my 1911's not the 1911's they will end up on..

the first set is for a hide member if he decides he will eventually chime in and tell every one what the emblem is. I would rather him do it he has way more knowledge about it. I will say it has personal significance to him..

The second one is is army special forces I think I stated that earlier

Most of the higher end grips that I do have personal meaning to the people I'm making them for and some times I'm not let in on the meaning of them. I just do my best to produce the best possible product i can within my ability

Those turned out really great! The two pairs of grips you made for me also turned out great. I was really nervous about sending bog wood that was 2000 to 3000 (yep, thousand) years old to be made into grips, but both the light and dark pair look really neat.

I still haven't done any thing with the extra blanks from that oak. When I do they will be mine!

is that logo from a french brand of coffee...or?

It appears to be a yoke, with 3 phallic symbols, perhaps the knife represents my penis, and the cross arrows his wife's vagina...and I believe the Latin roughly translates to "free his wife's wrists"... therefore, I interpret the symbology to represent me poinding out his wife during some sick sadistic sexual torture role play...

But, nonetheless, nice guns, fag!

Wow! fantastic work! I will pm you soon about a project. I would like to have some grips made for my dad's old service revolver.

Eli,
Got the grips, they are fantastic.
Sorry, I have not responded sooner, been working 12-14 hour days, and have not been on the site much.
As far as the symbol, it is called the Hidari Gomon in Okinawan. It is the symbol of the royal Okinawa family, and the style of martial arts I studied under Master Seiyu Oyata, Tuite Jitsu and Ryukyu Kempo
It has special meaning for me, and represents a part of my life I like to remember.

Last edited:
Eli,
Got the grips, they are fantastic.
Sorry, I have not responded sooner, been working 12-14 hour days, and have not been on the site much.
As far as the symbol, it is called the Hidari Gomon in Okinawan. It is the symbol of the royal Okinawa family, and the style of martial arts I studied under Master Seiyu Oyata, Tuite Jitsu and Ryukyu Kempo
It has special meaning for me, and represents a part of my life I like to remember.

sorry dint meen to dis parage yer circle jerk fuey.

Had this work done on my LLama M87 last year I thought it turned out nice.

Rich 20130515_183255.jpg

Last edited:
bluejizz,

while you were under some Japanese faggot, I was on top of your mom!
What is the purpose of this kind of comment?
This thread is about the quality craftsmanship of the OP

Last edited:
funny how some here wouldnt know a ninja if he stabbed yer mommas blue waffle while you helder mudflaps back. this thread is about someone fishing for compliments and trying to solicit bidness by tooting his own horn. the grips are nice looking, but this aint eggs zachary a useful information type thread. so again, ill apologize if my warped sense of humor were unwelcomed but you gotta admit that shiz decider said twas funny, 12 years old or 12 inches deep in yer mom, no matter.

On the trip home after the weekend of camping and shooting, we stopped for some fast food; Ran into a guy carrying his 1911, after shooting the shit about guns while standing in line he pointed out his grips. Guy crafted his own grips out of bamboo with his own engravement. The bamboo looked slick, idea for you maybe?