• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Thanks to everyone, we had such a great time. My sunburn seems to have begun peeling already! And how nice destroying Craig for the first time!

Oooooo man..... let me tell ya' something friends... the cramp that shot me in the hammy, when I pulled into the house, and stepped down from the truck, nearly put me on my keester!
laugh.gif

Jesse, way to go man... next time lets pick a shorter, smoother, cooler..... track....
whistle.gif

Thanks to BENCHMARK, I will be able to support my barrel burning habit for yet another go-around (YES!).... Thank you VORTEX and MAGPUL for supporting the match, and all of the other sponsors that contributed!

Above all else, I want to PUBLICLY thank Scott soooo much for putting this together... I think most folks in the GROUP get it, but it needs to be repeated time and time again... the effort that Scott, and our other MD types, put into these matches, CAN NOT be appreciated enough.

All of the work, organization, stress, resources, communications, planning, coordination, etc.... etc.... it really is a much larger undertaking, than most any of us can really fathom.... we get to just show up, and enjoy all of the nifty rides!
grin.gif

It's just such an act of generosity.... to give such a great amount of effort, into putting something like this together, solely out of an enthusiasm for the sport, and strictly for the enjoyment of others. Truly a rare breed... we are very lucky to have a few of them in our midst!

Toss in an emergency venue change, and coordinating it all, in one afternoon... to a site less than an hour down the road, and having it run without a single hiccup, is really more than impressive... it worked out, almost too good to be true. Nice work Scott.... you ARE DA' MAN. Everyone here has benefited by your enthusiasm for the game!

It's also very cool, how willing everyone is to pitch in... it makes it feel like a community effort, that we can all take some ownership in..... pretty neat in my book.

See ya' all in Kettle Falls!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think one of these times we should do a mini match , 4 stages then break out the BBQ's & drinks & BS. </div></div>

I'm in! Shoot, camp, drink!

1911fan

Thanks Scott for a great match. I had a lot of fun.

Thanks to all the RO's for helping out.

Also thanks to the sponsors. Like I mentioned at the match, I'll be looking at Benchmark for a savage prefit when the 260 barrel I have now burns out.

It was nice meeting new people and getting to know the rest of you better.

I cant say thanks enough for the work that Scott and all the RO's do. That was a great match. The weather was great enough wind at the right times to make you work for it. I love the stages that got us off of our guts and on our feet. Thanks to all the people that donate to the prize table. I would like to see a few more 308 shooters to compete with. Other than that it was my best weekend of the year so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think one of these times we should do a mini match , 4 stages then break out the BBQ's & drinks & BS.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Why no love for hookers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think one of these times we should do a mini match , 4 stages then break out the BBQ's & drinks & BS.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Why no love for hookers? </div></div>
But we do love you Jim!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Why no love for hookers? </div></div>

Latex allergy?
confused.gif

Place Shooter Name score
1 chad mcknight 179
2 jesse redell 179
3 brent webley 173
4 tyler hauan 154
5 matt mederis 146
6 ron sinnema 142
7 jake vibbert 141
8 alan harper 139
9 dan ecker 138
10 craig dibble 131
11 kevin oltman 130
12 james thomas 126
13 brian pence 124
14 tim thomas 115
15 scott marquez 110
16 martin harris 110
17 pat mullady 100
18 lucas beitner 99
19 chris reid 86
20 laurel crisafulli 86
21 matt piehler 83
22 jason aubin 82
23 eric blais 82
24 mike sprague 75
25 craig crisafulli 72
26 nick setting 66
27 ken hagen 64
28 joe crisafulli 58
29 mike wytko 54
30 mike lykins error
31 ryan berg error

Just want to give Scott a big thank you for the match. Your match was very fun and challenging. You did a great job. Chad-you hit the go button when you needed to very nice shooting on know your limits. Can't wait for the next one.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muliemandan1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just want to give Scott a big thank you for the match. Your match was very fun and challenging. You did a great job. Chad-you hit the go button when you needed to very nice shooting on know your limits. Can't wait for the next one.
smile.gif
</div></div>

XO3Uo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muliemandan1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya scott chewed my ass for that one. He said next time try the bumper instead.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

yeah it was a bitch to get off next time window please so i can use a razor blade. fucking adhesive is still on there...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Broker was the person claiming to be a "Princess"???</div></div>

you are correct literally he said he was a bit of a princess, but you have to know the context for it.

3M Adhesive Remover will be your friend. Works wonders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Broker was the person claiming to be a "Princess"???</div></div>

you are correct literally he said he was a bit of a princess, but you have to know the context for it. </div></div>

Yup... I'm a pretty princess... But if anyone puts a bumpers sticker on my car, especially the paint, I'll turn into the evil fucking witch with a baseball bat.
grin.gif

Scott and all the RO's thanks for all your work this past weekend. Once again I got to go out and shoot with a great bunch of people, some I get to see more often than others. I hope to get out to the next monthly match at Wenatchee, if not I will see some of you at Kettle Falls, remember to book your room at the Kettle Falls Inn, they are apparently filling up fast, beers and Pies in the Kettle falls Inn after the match.
Marty

Alright guys i am contemplating something alittle different for the next match and i want to hear your opinions. I really enjoy the competitiveness of the match and the friendly atmosphere that we have and i am thinking of throwing in a slight addition.

remember this isn't set in stone just an opinion poll

Standard Entry Fee $100 (t-shirts included still & probably bbq with tips/donations for organization TBD)

Minimum 20 of the 40 spots would be $100+ $50 for a cash purse. this would create minimum of $1000 cash prizes. Only shooters that pay into pot obviously have a chance to win the cash prizes.

All additional spots would have option to buy into pot also but would not be required to.

***there would be two sign in dates contestants paying full $150 would get early registration. So if everyone were to buy in at full price there would be $2000 cash prizes + whatever else is on the prize table. if we got to $2000 i would probably pay at least top 5 ($1000 would pay top 3 minimum)

if you aren't comfortable voicing your opinion in open forum feel free to pm me or email [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muliemandan1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just want to give Scott a big thank you for the match. Your match was very fun and challenging. You did a great job. Chad-you hit the go button when you needed to very nice shooting on know your limits. Can't wait for the next one.
smile.gif
</div></div>

XO3Uo.jpg
</div></div>

You should have seen Scott's reaction. Priceless.
Especially when he pulled the clear part off!

A worthy joke worthy of a "Tip O' The Hat", sir.

mimpressed2.jpg

(I have to agree that putting it on glass would have been less of a hassle with all of the reward.)

Scott, if this is what it takes to get another match going I am in no problem. Instead of a hotel room you might find me camping with barbecue and bacardi in hand at the match site. I really liked how you squadded everyone on day two by rank, it gave those of similar ability the chance to shoot with each other and have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, if this is what it takes to get another match going I am in no problem. Instead of a hotel room you might find me camping with barbecue and bacardi in hand at the match site. I really liked how you squadded everyone on day two by rank, it gave those of similar ability the chance to shoot with each other and have fun. </div></div>

man if it gets you camping with me that alone might be worth it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright guys i am contemplating something alittle different for the next match and i want to hear your opinions. I really enjoy the competitiveness of the match and the friendly atmosphere that we have and i am thinking of throwing in a slight addition.

remember this isn't set in stone just an opinion poll

Standard Entry Fee $100 (t-shirts included still & probably bbq with tips/donations for organization TBD)

Minimum 20 of the 40 spots would be $100+ $50 for a cash purse. this would create minimum of $1000 cash prizes. Only shooters that pay into pot obviously have a chance to win the cash prizes.

All additional spots would have option to buy into pot also but would not be required to.

***there would be two sign in dates contestants paying full $150 would get early registration. So if everyone were to buy in at full price there would be $2000 cash prizes + whatever else is on the prize table. if we got to $2000 i would probably pay at least top 5 ($1000 would pay top 3 minimum)

if you aren't comfortable voicing your opinion in open forum feel free to pm me or email [email protected]
</div></div>

Question - Do we need to worry about Washington State/Federal Taxes on cash winnings? If so, the reporting would be a complete hassle and at 40% (guesstimate) tax rate for winnings...

Other than that, I like the idea of "buying In", for the Granddaddy Prize.

There's no way I would miss Marty at the campfire...

I want to first echo the thanks to Scott, the ROs and the guys who helped setup and tear down the actual stages. It's great how everybody chips in to help out. I had some equipment issues at one of the first stages and it was without hesitation that people were trying to get me fixed up, offering scopes, ammo, rifles... This is a great group of people, I really look forward to these matches!
Thank you!!!

Question - Do we need to worry about Washington State/Federal Taxes on cash winnings? If so, the reporting would be a complete hassle and at 40% (guesstimate) tax rate for winnings...

no way there is no way any of this is getting reported to anyone it will be actual cash not a check, consider it a gift for shooting better than everyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question - Do we need to worry about Washington State/Federal Taxes on cash winnings? If so, the reporting would be a complete hassle and at 40% (guesstimate) tax rate for winnings...

no way there is no way any of this is getting reported to anyone it will be actual cash not a check, consider it a gift for shooting better than everyone else. </div></div>

I figured that's the way it would work. Just don't want to get into trouble, unnecessarily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright guys i am contemplating something alittle different for the next match and i want to hear your opinions...
</div></div>

I really like the friendly atmosphere of our shoots. While I'm improving, I have a bunch to work on before becoming consistently competitive. I believe that changing the format to a money shoot might well bring an influx of "hardcore" shooters for lack of a better description, and maybe break up the family like atmosphere.

However, I do think a contribution for a BBQ is an excellent idea, and as suggested maybe a slightly shorter course of fire to allow Marty adequate time to give us sideaches from laughter before the wee hours of the morning. However if we finished shooting by 5 or 6 depending on daylight, we could still dance around the campfire and hopefully not fall in.

While a prize table or the option of some cash winnings is nice, the reason I'm shooting is because I like spending some time periodically with a great bunch of guys and gals.
wink.gif

Perhaps an "entrance" option at your next might be a choice of entering the cash prize pot(or not), with prizes for a one in 5 payout or something like that. Perhaps I've misread my shooting associates, but I would guess that less than 1/3 of the folks would buy this option. (Just one man's opinion)

I'd like to echo what others have said, in thanking you for for all the work you do to put these shoots together! That being said...

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> Whatever you decide to do, I support you brother, cause it's your shoot, and you put a <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> Helluva Match On!</span> </span> </span>

I would be in for a 2 day shoot and Barbeque for that kind of money. I think it might be a little high for one day. Besides I see a hangover as a equalizer.

Well said Dibbs.
I like to shoot, But the other shooters make for a good time.
Thank you Scott and all the ROs for a great shoot.

pretty sure I am done with one day matches, the extra time makes things way less stressful for scoring and rushing through stages. I really liked the pace of the match this weekend. if it doesn't sound like something you guys are interested I might just wait until next spring to do another fsc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hsss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be in for a 2 day shoot and Barbeque for that kind of money. I think it might be a little high for one day. Besides I see a hangover as a equalizer.</div></div>

I'm channeling Dibbs... Or Dibbs is channeling me.... Either way, If I'da said it, I don't think it woulda come out any different.
wink.gif

Congrats Chad...Looks like you folks had a great time...

See you all in a few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pretty sure I am done with one day matches, the extra time makes things way less stressful for scoring and rushing through stages. I really liked the pace of the match this weekend. if it doesn't sound like something you guys are interested I might just wait until next spring to do another fsc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hsss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be in for a 2 day shoot and Barbeque for that kind of money. I think it might be a little high for one day. Besides I see a hangover as a equalizer.</div></div> </div></div>

You host it...We (Wife and I) will be there in September!!

I think a match with the chance to win some cash would be really nice.

I do however like being able to talk with guys about the shooting, yardages, wind, mirage, and everything else during the shoot. Money might very well make it a little more serious for some of the guys in the running to win say $500 cash.

But I would love it to be honest! Would put some good pressure on.....GOOD IDEA scotty.

JC Steel Targets will be on the prize table again as well.

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I might just wait until next spring to do another FSC </div></div>

I hope you don't wait till next spring for another shoot, I'd like a fall bash before hunting seasons, and a winter "freeze your buns" shoot prior to next Spring.
wink.gif
However family comes first, and you need to get some shooting in too...

I'll do my best to be there to help setup/takedown whenever the next one is, altho that ugly beard may return when the weather gets cold!
grin.gif

Dibbs

Not to give out any secret squirrel info but needless to say there may not be a FSC this fall but don't you worry there will be a fall match.

I don't know what SSSamurai (jason) will call it but i am working with him on putting together an early september match. Just a small preview but it will have some stuff from my cof's and some new diabolical stuff he creates. He has tons of options because I am letting him use any of my past barricades and what ever options he wants out of the 50+ steel plates i have acquired over the last 2 yrs.

I already designed 3 new stages for Spring FSC 2013 based on how this weekend went. I promise if you liked the match this weekend you will LOVE the next one i put on.

Minimally there will be some kick ass matches in the future or so between Jim Findlay, Jesse Redell, Carl Taylor, Jason Aubin, & I we will continually keep you on your toes!!!

***May also be one bad ass match in lewiston idaho next spring (little birdie told me rumors of a high angle match). I am quite confident that next year will be by far the best year of matches that the northwest has ever had!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like a fall bash before hunting seasons</div></div>

Agreed. Archery elk is mid september and deer is October.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of you here have heard that I have been getting close to launching a training facility. Well, the time is here.

For more information feel free to contact me. [email protected]

</div></div>

Guys,

FWIW.... I just want to help Carl get this info out there, and not just have it go by as an unnoticed blip on the screen...

For those that don't know, Carl Taylor is the Da' Man..... we know him as the guy that puts on the Kettle Falls Matches.

He has started a thread on his new training facilities here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3284125&Board=3

I would highly recommend checking out anything Carl and his group are putting together....

Here's a write-up I did following the Wind Clinic I had the opportunity to attend last year, in Kettle Falls WA:

COURSE NAME: Reading the Wind Clinic
DATE: June 24th – 26th 2011 0800 – TBD
DURATION: 3 days

“BE BOLD.” - Carl Taylor

“The hurrier I go…. The behinder I get.” – Carl’s Mom

Carl Taylor is a former USMC Scout Sniper, and a current instructor of all things bad-ass, for the real-life action figures out there.

Kettle Falls is a beautiful piece of country, with rolling green hills, lakes and rivers. The property itself is a shooters paradise, with all sorts of varied and challenging terrain. A far cry from the typical dust bowls, and gravel pits, that most of us are accustomed to shooting. It’s easy to catch yourself just sitting, lost in the scenery… while you should probably be busy doing something much more productive…
wink.gif

The course….

For me, the fascination-obsession-impulsion-addiction… Whatever you want to call the thing, that lures you deeper into that Rabbit Hole, which we all refer to as, “Long Range Precision Field Shooting” (or some other, equally catchy phrase)… Is the almost mythical, juuuuuuuust beyond your reach, blend of Zen and Science. Voodoo with a protractor… so to speak.

We’ve come to learn the Voodoo. Carl’s the Witch Doctor.

To begin, we have a quick meet & great, and cover some safety rules. We spend some time discussing the use of data books, and suggested methods for recording data. What works, what doesn’t, what’s overkill, and what’s useful, etc… Along the way, Carl is always throwing in some tricks of the trade. Like a technique for milling targets, or other nuggets of wisdom, that only a guy with as much field time as he, is likely to ever pick up. It is clear that Carl has a PASSION for the long gun… his head is deep into that bullet’s flight… if you are “tracking”, you will pick up a ton of insight, any time he dives off into his own rabbit hole… just ask a question to get him going, and hold on for the ride.
wink.gif

Once introductions and a general overview of concepts are covered, we check zeros, and throw some rounds over a chrono, just to make sure everyone is squared away. It’s time to read some wind.

Carl splits the group up into teams of two. From here on out, you and your teammate are working together, in an observer/shooter relationship… each taking turns at both. It quickly becomes apparent, that the observer is going to be wearing the pants in this family, and with the pants, comes the accountability… and of course, as in real life… no small amount of pressure.

The concept is, that the spotter is on the scope, and he is going to make THE CALL. The shooter is going to shoot THAT wind call, regardless of his personal opinion on the matter, and we are all going to watch, and learn, from the results. Let me tell you, it takes wind calls to a whole new level, when someone else is counting on YOURS to be accurate.

That added pressure however, has a very beneficial component… it really enhances your focus, and you work very hard to gain understanding, as giving your partner that perfect call, and hearing that glorious sound of ringing steel, is extremely rewarding.

This is where the instruction really begins trickling in. In the process of DOING, we are learning visual keys, and honing our senses. We study topo-maps, to gain a feel for the terrain, and how the prevailing wind, will flow through areas of accelerated currents, swirling eddies, and everything in-between. We learn that there is ALWAYS wind. We learn to read the wind off of major terrain features, up and down the current, rather than just focusing on the area directly between the shooter and the target.

We learn to ALWAYS be busy as the observer, constantly scanning for sign in the vegetation, and the flow of the mirage, all up and down the path of the wind. We learn to compare the mirage we think we see, with the movement of the vegetation on the ground. We observe the difference between the “flutter” of lower branches, and the “sway” of upper branches, in comparison to the different affects of the thermals, versus the wind, and how ALL of this, may likely correlate, with the time of the day. We pop smoke… and we watch it ebb and flow, and drift and shift, throughout the valley, truly SEEING the wind that we are striving so hard to visualize.

All the while, and almost subconsciously, Carl is instructing us how to communicate. That we must ALWAYS communicate. That dialogue is key, and that the shooter, and the observer, must always be on the same page. We learn that the observer must always be calm and direct. That he must constantly be feeding the shooter a steady stream of information. That he must, remind the shooter of his “Fundamentals of Marksmanship”. That he must vigilantly work to keep the shooter “in his bubble”. That “Shooter Confidence” is the key to everything, and that without it, all else is for not.

Throughout the course, the terms “Fundamentals of Marksmanship” and “Shooter Confidence”, were repeated and stressed over and over, as if they were laws of nature, and as if, without which, nothing else would stand… I write this AAR almost a year later… these two phrases have swirled through my mind, every time I have shot… or thought about shooting… Since.

There is one final, over-riding theme that I have borrowed from Carl that weekend… “BE BOLD”. This theme was repeated more than any other. It was an undercurrent the entire three days of the course. It means to believe in your instincts… to “Trust Your Gut”. The words continue to ring in my ears, not just when trying to make a wind call… but always…

That wind clinic left me much to ponder. I am grateful for the glimpse….
wink.gif

Thanks Carl,

Chad McKnight
“Tribe”

Ok, my stock finally shipped today and I'm putting a CDI DBM on it (thanks to all that helped out with suggestions on what works and what doesn't). The question I have is do I get 5 or 10 round magazines?

Looking at the competition this weekend, I can definitely see the advantage to a 10 rounder, but then does it cause problems when prone, by being too long? Then factor in price where the 10's are only $5 more than the 5's.

I would rather learn from other's mistakes and experiences than have the opportunity to learn them on my own!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, my stock finally shipped today and I'm putting a CDI DBM on it (thanks to all that helped out with suggestions on what works and what doesn't). The question I have is do I get 5 or 10 round magazines?

Looking at the competition this weekend, I can definitely see the advantage to a 10 rounder, but then does it cause problems when prone, by being too long? Then factor in price where the 10's are only $5 more than the 5's.

I would rather learn from other's mistakes and experiences than have the opportunity to learn them on my own! </div></div>

Why not get a mix of both?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife was too busy watching people shoot to take a lot of pics this weekend</div></div>

Thats cause she wants to crawl in the sand with the rest of us
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife was too busy watching people shoot to take a lot of pics this weekend</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

YOU!
mad.gif

Thanks to you I now have to find a way to get her a TRG...

Seriously though, y'all make it look like so much fun that she wants to start learning. Life is good!
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife was too busy watching people shoot to take a lot of pics this weekend</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

YOU!
mad.gif

Thanks to you I now have to find a way to get her a TRG...

Seriously though, y'all make it look like so much fun that she wants to start learning. Life is good!
cool.gif
</div></div>

just start saving up because before to long he will have his up for sale. chris will convince him he needs a badger 2008 or some crazy shit like that.