• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife was too busy watching people shoot to take a lot of pics this weekend</div></div>

Thats cause she wants to crawl in the sand with the rest of us
laugh.gif
</div></div>

YOU!
mad.gif

Thanks to you I now have to find a way to get her a TRG...

Seriously though, y'all make it look like so much fun that she wants to start learning. Life is good!
cool.gif
</div></div>

"Life is good" ...............::says he.... until that knot begins to tighten in his lower back.... as his new reality at the reloading bench begins to settle in::......
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as his new reality at the reloading bench begins to settle in::......
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Not sure she wants me reloading for her.... if she wants to be competitive!

I'm sure we'll work something out
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as his new reality at the reloading bench begins to settle in::......
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Not sure she wants me reloading for her.... if she wants to be competitive!

I'm sure we'll work something out
wink.gif
</div></div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.....touché

SSSamurai,
Do WHATEVER it takes to get your wife addicted, I mean, "involved" with shooting. It is the ultimate in free hall passes to do whatever you "need" to do for shooting. New rifles, new scopes, new equipment, etc. It doesn't get any better than that!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather learn from other's mistakes and experiences than have the opportunity to learn them on my own! </div></div>

You have to exercise caution and thoughtfulness either way as the conclusions of others aren't guaranteed to be safe-
“...an error made on your own is safer than ten truths accepted on faith, because the first leaves you the means to correct it, but the second destroys your capacity to distinguish truth from error.”
— John Galt
Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 7, Page 1,058)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Guys,

FWIW.... I just want to help Carl get this info out there, and not just have it go by as an unnoticed blip on the screen...
For those that don't know, Carl Taylor is the Da' Man..... we know him as the guy that puts on the Kettle Falls Matches...
He has started a thread on his new training facilities here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3284125&Board=3

I would highly recommend checking out anything Carl and his group are putting together....

We’ve come to learn the Voodoo. Carl’s the Witch Doctor...

Throughout the course, the terms “Fundamentals of Marksmanship” and “Shooter Confidence”, were repeated and stressed over and over...

Thanks Carl,

Chad McKnight
“Tribe”
</div></div>

Chad, thanks for the very thorough and informative writeup. I'm signed up for the Train-up prior to the Kettle Falls Steel Challenge, and to say I'm excited about the opportunity would be a gross understatement.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Let's just say it's like a youngster waiting on Christmas eve, to open his presents on Christmas day.
wink.gif
</span> <span style="font-size: 14pt"> ANTICIPATION... </span><span style="font-size: 11pt"> but Dang good stuff!!! </span> </span> </span>

I'd better get to that loading bench and prepare. WOOH!
laugh.gif

Great write up Tribe ! Makes me want to go
smile.gif

Samurai I think its awesome your wife shows up with you to the matches and wants to shoot too, You two seem to have a great relationship and its always good seeing both of you there !

Tony27r...... Niiiiiiice. Pretty much nails it too.

Dibbs... Good for you. You will have a blast, and learn a ton. I really wanted to join you.... But don't think I can get the additional days away from the chains on my desk!
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tony27r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather learn from other's mistakes and experiences than have the opportunity to learn them on my own! </div></div>

You have to exercise caution and thoughtfulness either way as the conclusions of others aren't guaranteed to be safe-
“...an error made on your own is safer than ten truths accepted on faith, because the first leaves you the means to correct it, but the second destroys your capacity to distinguish truth from error.”
— John Galt
Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 7, Page 1,058)

</div></div>

Love it!!!! I had forgotten that quote.

I should clarify my comment above: I tend to research and experiment on my own but after seeing this crowd in action, I thought I could utilize the experience represented here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to you I now have to find a way to get her a TRG...</div></div>

I know who has a $3k sewing machine that they could sell and get one easily
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just start saving up because before to long he will have his up for sale.</div></div>

Says the kettle...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just start saving up because before to long he will have his up for sale.</div></div>

Says the kettle...
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I am willing to bet money that says you sell your trg before i sell my aiae. this didn't turn out so good for me before i ended up paying tribe a $100 on a similar bet but oh well.

currently the only rifles i would even consider selling trading for would be my ae's expensive brothers the aw or ax. only reason i would do that is because all 3 of my current barrels i could still use since ai barrels are completely swappable between all models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tony27r...... Niiiiiiice. Pretty much nails it too.

Dibbs... Good for you. You will have a blast, and learn a ton. I really wanted to join you.... But don't think I can get the additional days away from the chains on my desk!
mad.gif
</div></div>

I've got a set of bolt cutters, and a place to stay down the road about an hour from Kettle if you change your mind about the class...
wink.gif

You've seen the pics..... Let's call it "Paradise found"
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - I saw this and wanted to make sure you guys knew about it.

Vortex Extreme — Ultimate Long-Range Shooting Challenge
July 20-21, 2012 in Tremonton, Utah

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/04/vortex-extreme-ultimate-long-range-shooting-challenge/

</div></div>

I'm still tired from watching Jesse and Chad running a half mile
wink.gif

Need to break out the treadmill and get in shape again.

Running should be for emergency use only.
They would have needed to have an ambulance following me around---lol

For anybody that is on Facebook, check out the new FB page and my website is also live as of yesterday. Still have a few hundred products to add but we are on track for a June start date!

www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory

I'll also be an official hide commercial vendor here shortly so you'll be seeing deals on here! Thanks

Mike

Just a FYI if you didn't know.
The WDFW Big Game regs are out now. I just finished a scathing e mail to the directer about the cost increases for this year. What used to cost me about $120-$140.00 a few years ago this year is going to cost me almost $300.00!!!
Last year was the first time in my life that my friends, & I started considering a hunt out of state. The cost wouldn't be that much greater any more.

Now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

OK I have a date for the North Central WA gun club 3 gun match;
8-25-2012. 8:00am start time, last shot by 4:00pm.
This will be a fun match only.
No prizes, no lunch. We can do t-shirts if you all want them. Up to you.
I'll work out the details, but entry fee will be ~$45.00.
Pistol, carbine, shotgun.
Looking to cap it at 32 shooters.
Round count will be in the neighborhood of 300 pistol, 200 carbine and 100 shotgun.
Probably be 2 classes, expert and not expert.
No restrictions on the pistol. Carbine will be restricted to COAL of 2.27" ( don't want 308's-260's etc)
Shot gun will be limited to 12 or 20 GA, any configuration.
This will be a loss brass match.
More details as we get closer. We should have an on line sign up in the next couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to it. last year's match was awesome.

So I've been thinking that this thread was the snipers hide world wide thread or some shit this entire time....wow I'm retarded lol! Didn't think a thread this busy could possibly be western WA. There's a lot of activity in this thread!

Heh... Welcome to the Rabbit Hole Heathen.... Sometimes you just got to look under the lid!

Word of advice..... think about it good and through.... Before you eat the Red one..... Or was it the Blue.....?
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many of you guys are going this weekend to wenatchee? </div></div>

I'll be there. Be careful fellas, its Apple Blossom and the cops will be everywhere. They really crack down on speeding, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh... Welcome to the Rabbit Hole Heathen.... Sometimes you just got to look under the lid!

Word of advice..... think about it good and through.... Before you eat the Red one..... Or was it the Blue.....?
whistle.gif
</div></div>
I'm not a shooting junkie. I can quit anytime ...

charlie-sheen.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm not a shooting junkie. I can quit anytime ...</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> Yeah, I used to think that before TeamSendIt!! invited me to that fateful shoot in January just to see what it was all about. Well, the seed was planted, the disease started incubating...and that my friends was all she wrote!. Terminal Affliction Now, and there is NO cure!
grin.gif
</span> </span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,

This mean we use our own shotgun this year? </div></div>
Yuppers, bring your own shotty.
And yes, this weekend is Apple Blossom weekend. The town will be very busy and the cops will be out in force.
Highly recommend anybody coming to the match to avoid down town Wenatchee at all cost.

Jim, 7-25 is a Wednesday. Is the match actually on Wednesday or is that a typo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim, 7-25 is a Wednesday. Is the match actually on Wednesday or is that a typo? </div></div>
That was a typo, only off by one month.
I fixed the post.
The match will be in August, 8-25-12.
Thank you!

jim reserve me two spots for the match

can't wait to see more chad pistol action!!! ( you migt want to bring extra 100 pistol rds LOL)

i there going to be anybody signed up for expert??? pretty sure the only thing i qualify expert for is running my mouth.

I'll know more next week hopefully if I can make that shoot or not... you couldn't bump it up one more weekend could ya? Might be at 12.5k' in Colorado filming a hunt on 8-25....

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
can't wait to see more chad pistol action!!! ( you migt want to bring extra 100 pistol rds LOL)
</div></div>
I was thinking about that last night.... I may just be the one exception to the rule - "Never bring a knife to a gun fight.".
laugh.gif

Do we have to be a member of the NCWGC to shoot this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

TSI...come on man. You gotta have a 100yd slug spinner target!</div></div>

i can promise you if there is one i will bang two rounds and take the time penalty. if theres one thing i know is that anything other than a pistol i suck at spinners!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

TSI...come on man. You gotta have a 100yd slug spinner target!</div></div>

i can promise you if there is one i will bang two rounds and take the time penalty. if theres one thing i know is that anything other than a pistol i suck at spinners!!! </div></div>

Shit, I figgered Scott had a Saiga with a drum mag laying around collecting dust in a corner. He oughta be able to make something spin with that. Sounds like a good reason for Mr. Rifle ADD to <span style="text-decoration: line-through">acquire</span> rent a firearm for a short time
wink.gif

Nope,

I have a couple factory firearms i will be using sig 226 combat and fn slp mark 1. i am not sure what i will be doing for the ar portion though. i am honestly thinking of building a short barreled 300 blackout with permanent 16" handguard just because i think it would be fun to run suppressed. otherwise i will probably just buy a factory dpms,rra or stag and slap a geissele trigger in it.

Oh great--- I get busy and loose track for a few months and now you guys are doing 3 gun comps tooo-- the addiction is getting worse--lol