• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have fun this weekend guys... been wanting to go to this one for years, finally got it worked into the schedule, been looking forward to it for months... had to bow out (found a replacement) as I go in for neck surgery on Wednesday.</div></div>
Man.... what a bummer... good luck & good health Monte!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwizl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's the shoot at Kettle falls and how often does it happen?
Is there a place to register? I'm new and want to start going to some matches</div></div>
Pwizl,

Kettle-Falls - Officially known as Camp Patriot Steel Challenge, is a once a year event. Entry was months ago.... and it fills up quick.

If you would like to stay up to speed on NW area matches, this is the best place for it. Follow the thread, and/or add it to your watched topics. Things are popping up pretty regularly now.

A great match to cut your teeth on would be the "Monthly Match"... a couple of characters around here, named Jesse & Jim, run this in Wenatchee... typically the first Sunday of every month.

Surprised nobody's posted yet....
The match was a blast! A big "Thank You" to the crew that put it together. Challenging targets, to say the least, across a canyon with swirling winds, and some interesting positions made it a tough match. Jcvibby won it.
I plan to be here next year.

1911fan

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> <span style="font-size: 14pt"> Camp Patriot Steel Challenge</span> </span> </span> </span> (Kettle Falls Shoot)

For those of you that didn't get to attend, you missed out on probably one of the most scenic areas available for a shoot location. Picturesque mountains, the Columbia River in the distance... simply awesome!

Carl Taylor, the Kettle Falls Mafia, Range Officers, and all who volunteered countless hours to organize and run the shoot,reset targets, and make this great event happen, THANK-YOU! I had a great time, and shot POORLY.

Congratulations to our own Jake Vibby for winning first place.

This shoot benefits Camp Patriot, which provides opportunities for our service men and women, who have been wounded/injured while serving our country.

Please check out their web page at: www.camppatriot.org

I plan to send a periodic donation in to help support this excellent cause,I hope you'll do the same!
wink.gif

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">(<span style="color: #FF0000">***</span> Hell, the helicopter stage alone, should easily should be worth a $25 or $50 donation to support the people that have sacrificed so much!<span style="color: #FF0000">+++</span>)</span></span> </span>

Wow, is all I can say about the Kettle Falls match, what a great time.
I wanted to thank Carl and his crew for the wonderful job they did in offering such a nice match.
The course of fire was very unique and challenging my favorite was the buddy support shoot followed by the Helo of course, even though I missed them all. LOL.
Thanks again Carl, I look forward to doing this again next year.
Congrats Jake, way to shoot a match.
SScott

Whoot! What a blast! Thanks to Carl & Crew.... I can't believe we've got to wait another year already!
frown.gif
. (if you guys haven't... You'd better get your asses signed up for the Shoot, Move & Communicate match, end of June!)

Big congrats to Jake for taking first.... You've been shooting lights out - way to go man!

Also to Jesse for claiming second... Top notch as ALWAYS
wink.gif

Definatly a tricky day.... But best as I could tell, the grins outweighed the frustrations 10 to 1.... Myself.... I'm stongly cosidering dragging a kiddy pool & an innertube down to the local range... So I can get a little more work on some of the skill sets, that I found wanting...
laugh.gif
whistle.gif

Had a great time just watching so many shoot so well. Reactive targets were great, and the timing was E V I L....Mr. Taylor sure knows how to set those ranges to get the most out of shooters!

Thanks for letting me be a part of it again, and too all the Shooter's that made it out.

Here's to hoping all who attended are safe and sound at home,or at least getting close.

Big thanks to Carl and the crew who worked so hard to set up and run this Match. Great folks volunteering for a Greater cause!! Also big thanks to the sponsors who provided the booty to the deserving teams.

I had a blast and I'm already looking forward to next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwizl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's the shoot at Kettle falls and how often does it happen?
Is there a place to register? I'm new and want to start going to some matches</div></div>
Pwizl,

Kettle-Falls - Officially known as Camp Patriot Steel Challenge, is a once a year event. Entry was months ago.... and it fills up quick.

If you would like to stay up to speed on NW area matches, this is the best place for it. Follow the thread, and/or add it to your watched topics. Things are popping up pretty regularly now.

A great match to cut your teeth on would be the "Monthly Match"... a couple of characters around here, named Jesse & Jim, run this in Wenatchee... typically the first Sunday of every month.</div></div>

Thanks Tribe, already added to my watched topics and I'll be watching for upcoming matches. My Manners comes tomorrow, then a bedding job, then finally some shooting!! Finally ready for some longer ranges

Nice work Jake! Give me a call if you are interested, we are going out on Thursday to shoot some steel near Sunnyside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys who all is going to Carl's next match </div></div>

Much as I'd like to, I dont think I'm going to be able to attend
cry.gif

I wish I could afford to shoot that match, but I'm just squeaking by right now.

Matter of fact, any of y'all need a pair of rangefinding binos? I have a set of Bushnell Fusions that I got from one of our guys. I don't need them as much as I need some cash right now. I'd like to get $625 out of them. PM me if you're interested.

Jason

Hey guys, I know there was a little discussion about painting my rifle when JD finished it in time for the December match for me. We (Craig)finally got around to painting it last weekend when I picked up some Valspar purple paint. I must say that it turned out beautifully and much better than I was expecting.

DSC_8671.jpg

DSC_8668.jpg

DSC_8669.jpg

IMG_20120519_145453.jpg

SHAZAAM!! Damn, Laurel! Does that thing shoot lightning bolts! Looks like Virginia Slims gone agro! Instead of leaving blackened impact craters, does it paint daisy's on the target? Was it made to shoot 'My Little Ponies'?,... just kidding.
wink.gif
Pretty impressive paint! I like it! It will DEFINITELY stand out on the gun rack.

Ry

Laurel,
That stick is SICK! I'm a bit jealous. I love the cheek rest screws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blurry6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone going shooting this weekend? The weather is supposed to be spectacular! Just wondering if anyone was headin' to the hills to spank steel or shoot rocks,... otherwise I'll just go to Kenmore,...
wink.gif

Ry </div></div>

I will be out over in the Quincy area... need to find a nice spot to set up.

Fellow SHWW,

I hate to say this but i will taking a break from shooting for a few years. The bottom line is I just spend to much time away from my young family doing this and I am a all or none type of guy. That being said the only thing i am planning on continuing will probably be FSC next spring.

Bottom line is i will have a ton of stuff for sale soon so if there is anything of mine you have seen that your interested in let me know. I would love to keep the sales local its much easier plus i know it would be going into good hands.

I am not having financial troubles, just have been thinking about it a lot lately and coming home from kettle falls and having missed half of my 2 yr old daughters bday hit me hard.

***sidenote if you have a street bike you want to trade i would be open to that. I am still an adrenaline junkie and need to get a fix somehow since i am also selling my motocross bikes.

That sucks, but is completely understandable. Its a tough decision, one I have been thinking about lately myself. Your sense of humor will be missed....well at least for those of us that appreciated it!

Looks like there will be some nice toys on the market soon from the TSI collection!

Maybe you need one of these now
redo3-1.jpg

redo.jpg

We'll miss you Scott but it's amazing how fast the little ones grow up and you don't want to miss it, that's for sure.

Scott I can defenitely respect that decision having done the same after the birth of my daughter in 02. I do not regret it at all.
enjoy life with the precious little one.
cheers bro.

Travis,

I am more of a speed kinda guy probably going to get a liter bike or ducati or both maybe a 1098. kind of on the fence about that one right now. I know having all the bikes passus on the way home on sunday sure did make me miss it. However that is a sweet bike you have there.

Kind of a bummer to hear Scott, But man this sport is truly a time and money vacuum without a doubt !

About the best reason to back out that there could be though, because they do grow up fast !!

Everything in moderation and everyone's happy.

I'm heading over to Winthrop for the long weekend and I'm bringing steel.

I have a spot we regularly shoot pistols at that I can get targets out at 700+ but it's going to be a hell of a hike to set up.

If anyone has any good scouted 1K-ish spots in the Methow let me know. Otherwise I'll likely set up a couple of targets and leave them up there for the summer. As I said, it's a serious hike.

Also if you're going to be over in the Methow this weekend and you wanna ring some steel, let me know.

P

Scott
It's too bad to hear about you stepping away from this sport, hopefully only for a short time.
You have introduced countless people to this sport, myself included and I want to thank you for that.
Enjoy your family and jump back into this with all four feet when you are ready.
SScott

Quincy,...? I'm afraid that's a little farther than I was thinkin' of going,... but thanks for the offer.

Ry

Laurel- That rifle look slick, I actually dig the purple.

TSI - Sorry to hear your leaving the sport for a bit, you were one of the main people that helped me get started in it and for that I thank you. I have met a lot of people on here and made some pretty damn close friends all because you said "come on out".

I hope you dont completely leave us behind and pop in from time to time to say hi and maybe even sneak away for a day of shooting.

Scott, i hope you can come out now and then to help RO, i understand you put in a ton of time putting on your matches and i will miss your company. Thank you for the fun shoots.
smile.gif

PICT0346.jpg

SHWW

I appreciate your support in my decision, and i don't plan on this being permanent just until my kids get a little older.

Remember I will still be planning on doing a spring FSC and it will be even better than this years that i can promise!!!

Also i have been working with Jason Aubin SSamurai to put together a fall/September fsc also. He will be doing most of the organization, but i will be helping with cof design, my targets, my barricades. Jason definetly has his shit together and it will be a great time and well organized!!! If things go well I might come out on whatever bike i buy to say hi.

Good on you for taking the time to enjoy your kids. Looking forward to hearing what you plan on letting go of,...
smile.gif

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHWW

I appreciate your support in my decision, and i don't plan on this being permanent just until my kids get a little older.

Remember I will still be planning on doing a spring FSC and it will be even better than this years that i can promise!!!

Also i have been working with Jason Aubin SSamurai to put together a fall/September fsc also. He will be doing most of the organization, but i will be helping with cof design, my targets, my barricades. Jason definetly has his shit together and it will be a great time and well organized!!! If things go well I might come out on whatever bike i buy to say hi. </div></div>
We'll look forward to it!

I appreciate your decision. Family should always come first. I have much more respect for people who truly do put family first, than for people who put themselves first.

You could send them to me.
eek.gif

Of course, a guy could always bring his wife to the matches with him.
crazy.gif

Introduce her to his friends.
wink.gif

I have a DPMS LR308 with a fluted 24 inch barrel that is about as tricked out as DPMS could build. I am considering changing it to a 20 inch tube. The following are the options I am considering and I am seeking additional input.

1. I have an Obermeyer 1-11 5R twist blank in my vault. I could have that one cut and mounted.

2. I could have the current barrel cut to 20 inches and re-mounted. The current barrel shoots quite well and has about 850-1500 rounds through it. Because it is a gas gun, I don't track every round like I do with my bolt guns.

3. Junk both the above ideas and go with a 260 Remington swap out. But this would be the most expensive way to go.

I have enough really good precision bolt rifles, this is my only large cartridge gas gun. I have 5.56 and Grendel small gas guns.

I think #2 would be the cheapest route, but #1 would insure a truly fabulous barrel. I was saving that tube for my 300 Win mag when the existing barrel dies though.

Thoughts about these alternatives would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows anyone local that is really good at this sort of work and can give me a guess on price, that would be great.