• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Anyone planning on attending the June 3rd monthly rifle match at the NCW Gun Club needs to sign up at the following link:
<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"> NCW GUN CLUB JUNE MONTHLY MATCH</span></span>

Shooters not signed up prior to NOON on Saturday June 2, will not be guaranteed a spot to shoot. My apologies for not getting this out sooner. Signup will be at 9am and shooting starts at or before 10am. 50 rounds +/- and setup starts at 8am for those willing to help.

I'm in! First time back after shoulder surgery! My offhand might be a little weak because my arms haven't done much activity the last 2 months but I guarantee I will make the gun go BANG a few times...
wink.gif

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How mutch is the club membership fee? Are their caliber restrictions? What time do you expect it to finish? </div></div>
Club membership is now $45.00 , good until 9-1-12. Yes, no magnums. 3pm or so.
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, we are going to try and make this match centered around the mover as much as possable. </div></div>

Oh Joy.... lol

Mike

Sounds like fun. Ill check with the warden and see if I can swing it. Just gotta figure out what to do with the dog. Are all the roads good to where we are going. Meaning, can I drive my Honda civic there without any problems?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like fun. Ill check with the warden and see if I can swing it. Just gotta figure out what to do with the dog. Are all the roads good to where we are going. Meaning, can I drive my Honda civic there without any problems? </div></div>

For the sunday monthly match? Yep! Its pavement all the way to the range... just don't let JTP try to convince you to run you're honda out there to fix a steel target above cowboy town...
wink.gif

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like fun. Ill check with the warden and see if I can swing it. Just gotta figure out what to do with the dog. Are all the roads good to where we are going. Meaning, can I drive my Honda civic there without any problems?</div></div>

Yes, roads are good. This match takes place on a range with parking lots.....not out in the boonies.

Jesse, If I can make it, can we torture test a couple of prototype targets in the match?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesse, If I can make it, can we torture test a couple of prototype targets in the match? </div></div>
Not Jesse, but absolutely. Let me know what you need for 'hangers' etc. What distance do you want them at?
We will most likely shoot on the 300 line but can get 440 yards there.

I need a place to put a spinner. I was hoping for a bit more than 300 if possible.

And anything from 100 out for some spring back poppers.

If I can get it done, I have a KYL rack as well. But most likely I will just have one 6 inch target that I will need to beat the crap out of to see if it holds like I want it too. That can be at 200 or more. The less distance for that target is fine. It is one of the KYL spinning targets, so I would like to keep it at relatively short distance to really put some pounding on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a place to put a spinner. I was hoping for a bit more than 300 if possible.

If I can get it done, I have a KYL rack as well. But most likely I will just have one 6 inch target that I will need to beat the crap out of to see if it holds like I want it too. That can be at 200 or more. The less distance for that target is fine. It is one of the KYL spinning targets, so I would like to keep it at relatively short distance to really put some pounding on it. </div></div>

Bring whatever targets you want to test out. We'll figure out a way to fit them in the COF. Bring the KYL rack for sure so we will can have both a paper and steel KYL:) Maybe we should put a KYL on the mover......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a place to put a spinner. I was hoping for a bit more than 300 if possible.

If I can get it done, I have a KYL rack as well. But most likely I will just have one 6 inch target that I will need to beat the crap out of to see if it holds like I want it too. That can be at 200 or more. The less distance for that target is fine. It is one of the KYL spinning targets, so I would like to keep it at relatively short distance to really put some pounding on it. </div></div>
Ok, no worries, we'll make it happen. Just show up early so we can set it. Also we can get out to 440 or any range up to that by moving the firing point forward.
If you really want to pound on them I will bring my 338 Lapua with 300 grain MK's and 300 grain Accubonds.
You might give Jesse a heads up Friday or Saturday at the latest what you are for sure bringing so he can make C.O.F./score sheets/ programs as needed.

I can also bring my 338 lapua as well and if you really want to give the targets a workout I can bring my 338 Snipetac or my .50bmg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will welcome any rifle 338 and under! </div></div>
You have any speed limits? I can run some 180 grain 338 bullets out @3625 or so. Down right impressive impacts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will welcome any rifle 338 and under! </div></div>

That is a good question on the speed. My 338 snipetac can launch the 300gr smk to 3300fps and 245gr boretec to 3700fps

LOL, well sure! Bring them all. I will set up a couple torture test targets to see how much damage we can inflict!!!

My guess is you guys will be disappointed those little slow bullets on create a little dimple!!!

Yup, it's a lefty, and you're more than welcome to shoot it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim, is that a lefty??? I want to shoot it as well if you dont mind.... </div></div>

Awesome, thanks Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yup, it's a lefty, and you're more than welcome to shoot it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim, is that a lefty??? I want to shoot it as well if you dont mind.... </div></div> </div></div>

Fast little bullets are best for cratering:) Big stuff is the way to go for testing brackets and mounts though. Short of the Snipetac, the Edge launching 300s at 2900+ should give a fair test of target/mount durability as it has around 5700ft-lb of energy at the muzzle. JTP's 180s should be around 5300ft-lb I think.

Thats an absolute hammer!!!

Well, brackets and welds, lets see what your made of.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fast little bullets are best for cratering:) Big stuff is the way to go for testing brackets and mounts though. Short of the Snipetac, the Edge launching 300s at 2900+ should give a fair test of target/mount durability as it has around 5700ft-lb of energy at the muzzle. JTP's 180s should be around 5300ft-lb I think. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fast little bullets are best for cratering:) Big stuff is the way to go for testing brackets and mounts though. Short of the Snipetac, the Edge launching 300s at 2900+ should give a fair test of target/mount durability as it has around 5700ft-lb of energy at the muzzle. JTP's 180s should be around 5300ft-lb I think. </div></div>

Do you want me to leave the Snipetac at home?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do you want me to leave the Snipetac at home?</div></div>

It's not up to me as they are my targets. The Snipetac is definitely at the next level when it comes to target beating! That thing should be up above 7200ft-lb I'd reckon.

Bring it along. Show me what its got!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want me to leave the Snipetac at home? </div></div>

That'll be fun. We'll need to video the mayhem!
We'll need to go around the corner to blast that steel I think, but that won't be a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bring it along. Show me what its got!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want me to leave the Snipetac at home? </div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill bring my video camera </div></div>

Awesome, it will be a good time! It would be nice to have a camera at the target and another at the shooter, anyone else have a video camera they will bring???

Actually... I do have a target-cam type setup floating around here... at least in theory. Have to see if the batteries still work. I'll see if I can get it working by Sunday.

The video camera setup I have can attach to my spotting scope if we want to go that route.

I also have a target camera that streams over wifi to my laptop. The frame rate is pretty slow and not the best quality but works well for finding bullet holes in paper.

I thought I'd shoot this one with an AR in 5.56. I knew I'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight, but you guys are just rubbing my nose in it now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I'd shoot this one with an AR in 5.56. I knew I'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight, but you guys are just rubbing my nose in it now. </div></div>

They're only shooting to 400, so it's nothing a good 5.56 can't handle just as well...

If anyone coming to the match is interested in 3+ pounds of Re-15 let me know and I'll bring it on Sunday. Also got a Pelican 1720, missing some foam, that I paid $100 for last month and it's too short. $100 to you.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so the match will be held at

NCW gun club
2740 Gun Club Road
East Wenatchee, WA 98802

Right? </div></div>
Yuppers, if you have any problems finding it, I PM'ed you my phone number.

Is Matt out there? Matt? I don't know your handle here on SH. I've been meaning to return the video you lent me, but I haven't been able to make it over to a shoot, but I wanted to send it to you. PM me and let me know.

Ryan

Hey guys, I'm going to bring some t post brackets tomorrow to the match.

If you'd like some, let me know and I will be sure to bring enough of each size wanted.

Later!

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> Ok folks, how did the Wetsnatchee steel abuse/torture test go? Were you able to bend any T-posts with the big guns? Any targets destroyed? Inquiring minds...</span></span></span></span>
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">targets destroyed for sure! jake has all the details </div></div>

Sounds like perhaps more Research and Development may be in order.
laugh.gif

The steel themselves held up well. The bearing mount for the spinner was the weak point. It was made from cast aluminum. If it were something like steel it would hold up just fine. It did seem to hold up to the 338 lapua well. The snipetac was denting the spinner.

The popper targets do get abused by the 338 lapua but they can take some abuse. The snipetac punched a half hole on the edge of one plate.

I think that the spinner with a better bearing mount would be good for 338 lapua and under. Anything more will start to abuse it.

Just my .02

Anyone else feel free to clarify or voice their opinion.