• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Hey everyone!
I posted the April 6th match details for my entiat match, should rock I have some new steel and an awesome loc. Find it in the matches section and get ahold of me.
Thanks!
Chris

I would like to extend a heart felt thank you to all the competitors and staff that made the 2013 Findlay Cup a success.
We had a blast putting it together, well I did stress out a few times, and I throughly enjoy watching you all compete.
I'll have the results posted ASAP both here and in the competition section.
Great job Jesse.
Also, Anette wrote a great artical on her blog: Findlay Cup 2013 ? Wenatchee, WA | 30 Cal Gal | Rifles & Competitions

Here's the Findlay Cup results for those of you who didn't get a chance to get a copy before you left.

2h2e1qp.jpg

The Findley Cup was my first Shooting competition of any kind and I must say, I was impressed. Very well done, fun safety-first match!

I would like to extend a heart felt thank you to all the competitors and staff that made the 2013 Findlay Cup a success.
We had a blast putting it together, well I did stress out a few times, and I throughly enjoy watching you all compete.
I'll have the results posted ASAP both here and in the competition section.
Great job Jesse.
Also, Anette wrote a great artical on her blog: Findlay Cup 2013 ? Wenatchee, WA | 30 Cal Gal | Rifles & Competitions

Here is the tentative course of fire for the April Practical Rifle Match at UNSC. Next match starts at 10am on April 6th at UNSC in Eatonville. First time shooters must attend a one time orientation/safety brief at 0900, all previous shooters must sign in no later than 1000. We will also be having a kind of open house after the match and we will be leaving the targets up on the range until 4pm so anyone that wants to stop by and check out what we do and try out shooting some steel targets are more than welcome. Any questions contact myself, Unknown or _Nick_. Hope to see some of you there,

Kevin

STAGE 1: OFFHAND AND KNEELING
9 shots/120 seconds 12 points possible (offhand shots are worth 2 points each)

Begin fully loaded at low ready. After start signal fire 1 round only on T1, T2, T3, from offhand unsupported. Then transition to kneeling position and shoot T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 and T6.

STAGE 2: PRONE, NO BIPOD
14 rounds/120 seconds 14 points possible

Magazines may be loaded with no more than 7 rounds in each.
There will be two sandbags stacked on top of each other with the shooter's rifle resting nearby with the action empty and locked open, and a chamber flag inserted. The muzzle should not be pointing at the shooter who will begin about 40 yards downrange. Following the first signal, shooter will have 30 seconds to move to the shooting area near the sandbags, load, make ready to fire, and wait for the start signal from the timer. (BIPODS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS STAGE).
After the start signal, shooter will fire one shot only on T1 through T7. After the rifle is locked open, the shooter will reload and again engage T1 through T7 with one round only, but may use the sandbags for support.

STAGE 3: ROOFTOP/BARRICADE 17 rounds/120 seconds 17 points possible

Begin with 7 rounds in the rifle, and magazine/s loaded with no more than 10 rounds

The rooftop will be set at a very shallow slope for this stage. Shooter will begin in an over watch position on the rooftop. After the start signal, shooter will engage T1 through T7 with one round only on each target. When rifle has locked open, shooter will move to the barricade and reload with up to 10 rounds. At the barricade, the shooter will shoot through the enclosed shooting ports only. Shooter may not fire more than two rounds through any port. Shooter will use his 10 rounds to engage T1 through T10 using one round per target in an attempt to connect with the targets in that order. If a target is missed, shooter must move onto the next target as there will be only one attempt/round per target to strike the designated target.

STAGE 4: Rise and shine: 10 shots/120 seconds 10 points possible

Begin lying down on the cot with the rifle in the case next to the cot. After the start signal move to the barricade, load rifle and engage targets. (SHOOTER MAY NOT SHOOT PRONE AROUND THE ENDS OF THE BARRICADE) Engage T1 through T10 in that order from various positions at the barricade.
While at the barricade, shooter may fire no more than 2 rounds from any position, or may only hit one target from any position. After firing 2 rounds, or hitting a target, shooter must change to another position. Shooter may only fire two rounds at any target before being required to move on. After 2 rounds, both the position used, and the target attempted are "out of play".

It was nice seeing you folks @ the Findlay Cup, and I enjoyed driving the Taxi. However, I'm going to get some trigger time this weekend and work on the shooting things I suck at...it's a pretty big laundry list, so much work, so little time. ;) At least we have a couple weeks before the Moses Lake shoot, and then Kettle Falls in mid May. I'm not sure about the making the Entiat shoot next weekend, I'd like to go but that bit it's iffy @ this stage. Have a good weekend friends, and burn some gunpowderrr!

Hey guys,
Here are direction for everyone comin to my match on the 6th:
Hwy 2 east to wenatchee then merge on to 97 N toward chelan, follow the hwy for about 13.5 miles till you come to the entiat river rd. Go left on entiat river rd. Follow for 7 miles to a slight right on to crumb canyon rd, follow the main road up to the 2nd right fork, go right.park where you see my suburban. If you get lost fell phones work so here's my #3609138607.

Round count 86 max with 7 stages and bring your long range game cause we will have longer ranges on good sized targets.
Any questions feel free to call or text
Chris

Hopefully we some new shooters. this will be more of a timed LR match where first round hits count more than speed, should be challenging for even the experienced shooters. I was up there on sat and we should be able to see splash when we miss, the snow just melted. And a word to the wise only drive on the main fs rds if you go offroad like I did on a "shortcut" you may be stuck for awhile like I was... But on the bright side it only took 2 trucks to get my 'burn un-burried.
Chris

Hopefully we some new shooters. this will be more of a timed LR match where first round hits count more than speed, should be challenging for even the experienced shooters. I was up there on sat and we should be able to see splash when we miss, the snow just melted. And a word to the wise only drive on the main fs rds if you go offroad like I did on a "shortcut" you may be stuck for awhile like I was... But on the bright side it only took 2 trucks to get my 'burn un-burried.
Chris

Just sent you an email Chris! Also just some people don't get confused it's "Crum Canyon" not "Crumb" :)

Mike

It won't be too bad of a hike I only have 2 stages that will require some hiking and I will place water at the bottom. Thanks for the correction mike! Dam coasties screwing up the road names again :)
Chris

It won't be too bad of a hike I only have 2 stages that will require some hiking and I will place water at the bottom. Thanks for the correction mike! Dam coasties screwing up the road names again :)
Chris

Don't forget a rain jacket... one website is calling for 30% chain of showers, other is calling for partly sunny! Can't wait should be a blast! :)

Mike

Hey I made a tactical error (already I know). I bought a car in Seattle and left my truck over there yesterday to pick up on sun. Not confident I'm going to make it up to the shoot site in Crum Cyn with a front wheel drive wagon. So can I hitch a ride with someone from wenatchee? Or pile in at the bottom of the hill with someone?

Mike,
We know you're sick as hell, but surely that doesn't affect your physical ability to be there. Don't let mental health problems keep you from living a full life.

Last edited:
Hey guy,
Our great USFS decided we don't need to shoot an. closed the match loc to all travel and use. So we have the option to set up farther into the entiat valley. If everyone's already here and don't wanna travel cross state but still wanna shoot let me know. As of right now i m staying cause I have guys coming in. Here is the new location if you wanna come learn from Carl and shoot the mover.
I will wait till 1015 at the start of drum canyon rd and direct anyone that wants to on to wilber.
Sorry about all this confusion, we have the entiat ranger dist to thank. The prob was the entry fee. Apparently these guys have never put on a match and think they are profitable... please forward this info to anyone you know that was coming as I'm having a hard time reaching everyone.
If you still wanna shoot as many of you prob do I will see you in the am and direct you out to silver
Chris

OK I think everyone is accounted for on the update but if there are any question just call or text, and if you know anyone that I missed please forward them the info. Hopefully I will see everyone at the new location tomorrow and drive safe!
Chris

To all the Washington guys out there;

Magpul Dynamics is coming to Yakima in May. I posted a larger more detailed post on the training page, but wanted to post it here as well. We've got carbine 1 and handgun 1 coming and I can assure you that the level of instruction is second to none. There is no more "dump-ex" of thousands of rounds with little learning occurring, the "new and improved Magpul Dynamics" focuses on quality above quantity.

There are only a few slots remaining. We've also got an ammo solution for the shortage. Check it out on the main thread in the training section. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Cheers,

Anyone need Berger 7mm VLDs? I know where there's 2 boxes of 500 count same lot on both...

The 500ct are 168gr hunting, and there's 100 count 180 match and target, and 100ct 168gr target.

For those of you who aren't on the practical rifle program (at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club near Eatonville) mailing list, here is the latest.

I just received official word that beginning with the 3rd Saturday in May, we now are a regular part of the club's activities, and will remain on the schedule until further notice. All matches will be held on the third (3rd) Saturday of each month with orientation and safety briefing starting at 08:30 (first time shooters only), and the match starting at 10:00.

The gun handling skill, overall firearms safety, and personal comportment of the particpants played no small part in the Board's decision to grant us ongoing access to the range. I am very pleased that others noticed the same things I have, and I am very grateful to all of you for your interest in safe, professional gun handling, and your interest in competing while still having fun.

If anyone wishes to be on the mailing list to receive an email with tentative courses of fire, and other relevant information, send a short email with something like "put me on the list" to [email protected].

Thanks to all who made this program an ongoing one, as we have now gone from a test program to a regularly scheduled event.

A reminder for those of you who expressed interest in shooting 'F-Tactical'... our next match is coming up 4/21 (next Sunday). PM me if you're interested.

Email sent to all those who registered for FSC 2013 next weekend with more details and driving directions. if you registered and didn't get the email please let me know via email or cell

[email protected]
cell 360 632 6482

scott

I have had a few RO's bail on me last minute so if you guys know anyone who would be willing to ro please have them contact me.

thanks scott
cell 360 632 6482

if anyone could find it in their heart to spare some varget, imr4064, or 178 amaxs to a fellow wa shooter id really appreciate it. i know these are hard to come by but ive been searching for weeks and have come up empty. i absolutely refuse to pay gunbroker prices for items i know are being bought for half the price their charging. i have some other components i could trade or just pay cash,or i have a kidney i can spare. please help a brother out.

Anyone who wasn't able to get into the Kettle Falls match, I may have a slot available at cost... PM me if you have interest.

I sent Scott a pm, but was curious if anyone knows if we need a discover/access pass this weekend in Moze Lk? Isn't it on WDFW lands?:confused::eek: I haven't purchased a hunting license this year yet, but may still be good from last years purchase. Thanks.

if anyone could find it in their heart to spare some varget, imr4064, or 178 amaxs to a fellow wa shooter id really appreciate it. i know these are hard to come by but ive been searching for weeks and have come up empty. i absolutely refuse to pay gunbroker prices for items i know are being bought for half the price their charging. i have some other components i could trade or just pay cash,or i have a kidney i can spare. please help a brother out.

I don't have a ton of them but i have somewhere between 250-300 178amax i could sell you for a reasonable cost say midway price plus $6 for shipping usps priority flat rate. pm me if you want them.

scott

I sent Scott a pm, but was curious if anyone knows if we need a discover/access pass this weekend in Moze Lk? Isn't it on WDFW lands?:confused::eek: I haven't purchased a hunting license this year yet, but may still be good from last years purchase. Thanks.

I have never had a pass up out there before, mind you i have been out there tons of times and only seen a wdfw guy one time and he didn't even stop to talk to us. However there isn't normally 40 guys out there shooting.... no issues last year and there are no signs that you need a discovery pass or any other pass for that matter so I don't think it will be an issue.

New shooter here checking in from Oak Harbor. Referred to this forum from ARFCOM member Hunter21. Probably won't have an opportunity to shoot until Fall - will be downrange for few months.

New shooter here checking in from Oak Harbor. Referred to this forum from ARFCOM member Hunter21. Probably won't have an opportunity to shoot until Fall - will be downrange for few months.

Hey glad to see you make it over here, keep watching this thread for matches being posted. Great group of guys here, and if they welcome you in like they did me you will have a great time and they will help you spend all your money!

Everybody have fun over at FSC this weekend. I unfortunately will be at the prison working so I am unable to gun or RO this one. Good luck Danny, kick Jessie's ass ;)

Can anybody help me out? I'm in the Vancouver area and I've been looking for places to shoot in Klickitat County and feel like I'm chasing my tail. 45.689304,-121.06895 This area would be perfect, nice backstop to shoot into. Google maps shows that it's in close proximity to state park land, but not in it. It would be great if anybody with knowledge about the private/state/federal land up there could give me some input.
I started a thread on ARFCOM, but not much came from it.
State/Federal Land in Klickitat County - AR15.COM