• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Thanks again to all that came out especially all the RO's for all the hard work!!

Huge special thanks to Carl and Brent for bringing fantastic moving target!! It was really impressive how easy it was to setup and it worked damn near flawlessly for 2 days and took a pounding from 100's of rounds. Go check them out at

In Motion Targets :: Home

I will post the scores later after i break out the computer i brought.

Can anybody help me out? I'm in the Vancouver area and I've been looking for places to shoot in Klickitat County and feel like I'm chasing my tail. 45.689304,-121.06895 This area would be perfect, nice backstop to shoot into. Google maps shows that it's in close proximity to state park land, but not in it. It would be great if anybody with knowledge about the private/state/federal land up there could give me some input.
I started a thread on ARFCOM, but not much came from it.
State/Federal Land in Klickitat County - AR15.COM

the people on arfcom, and this site guard their shooting spots. It always seems that once the secret spot gets put on line, it gets wrecked by 1% leaving garbage, junk appliances, old television sets, Beer cans and other stuff that makes the other 99% of us look bad.

My suggestion is to go to some local,matches or get togethers so people get a chance to learn that you are part of the 99%. Then people with secret spots will invite you to shoot with them.

I moved up here a couple of years ago and found a great bunch of people who were more than willing to share, help, trade, and in short do all the stuff friends do.

there were a bunch of us (10-15) that even got together to clean up one of our spots because of trash left behind by the trashy1% of shooters.

Can anybody help me out? I'm in the Vancouver area and I've been looking for places to shoot in Klickitat County and feel like I'm chasing my tail. 45.689304,-121.06895 This area would be perfect, nice backstop to shoot into. Google maps shows that it's in close proximity to state park land, but not in it. It would be great if anybody with knowledge about the private/state/federal land up there could give me some input.
I started a thread on ARFCOM, but not much came from it.
State/Federal Land in Klickitat County - AR15.COM

Message Jason the moderator here. He's in your area and he might me able to help you out.

The movers are great to have at matches and very much appreciated !
Scott must still be trying to figure out how to open up the box to get the computer out ;)

Thanks again to all that came out especially all the RO's for all the hard work!!

Huge special thanks to Carl and Brent for bringing fantastic moving target!! It was really impressive how easy it was to setup and it worked damn near flawlessly for 2 days and took a pounding from 100's of rounds. Go check them out at

I will post the scores later after i break out the computer i brought.

The mover took a pounding from others...me not so much ;)

Congrats to Brent and Craig #9 :p and Ron, nice shooting gentlemen! We'll see some of you @ Carl's shoot in Kettle Falls in a couple weeks. That was one helluva storm that blew in as we were leaving/taking down the mover!

Thanks Scott and RO's for a fun and challenging shoot!

Really if nine is the best you can do, I guess I'm happy for you, But ten would be perfect ;)
You really did have a great two days of shooting MG, congrats !

That storm was pretty wicked especially after how nice the whole day was. We got swallowed up by it as we we're leaving but the timing was perfect.

Craig be sure to check your zero !

Placeshooter #Shooter Namescore
132brent webley220
221craig c202
314ron sinema198
42lucas beitner186
530 kevin oltman171
69jd thomas168
736eric balis164
813danny ecker162
934clint sharp156
1017jake vibert155
111adam breedlove149
124ken hagen142
1335craig dibble137
1416chris reid136
1515jon lamore122
1638martin harris120
1737mike wytko104
1831craig roland102
1923mattjay98
2033mattew dreager87
2119laurel c80
2222ian stuart65
2320joe c55
247hugh dickson55
253steve johnson51
268reese crenshaw46
275reese hagen21

<colgroup><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 49pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2377;" width="65"> <col style="width: 223pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 10861;" width="297"> <col style="width: 31pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1499;" width="41"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Hey All -

I need to attend to some family stuff, so I won't be able to attend the Kettle Falls match. I also have a reservation at the Kettle Falls Inn. Looks to be a great match with a round count of up to 200 or so. I will be sorry to miss this one. PM me if you are interested.

The shoot sounds like a blast. By the way, new guy. Living in Bremerton WA. Looking for mentor to get started into this kind of shooting. Anyone and any advice welcome. The longest shots I have taken have been at some coyote. Putting a new rig together and looking forward to some of the match shoots. Sure sounds like a blast to be.

The shoot sounds like a blast. By the way, new guy. Living in Bremerton WA. Looking for mentor to get started into this kind of shooting. Anyone and any advice welcome. The longest shots I have taken have been at some coyote. Putting a new rig together and looking forward to some of the match shoots. Sure sounds like a blast to be.

There's several of us in the Kitsap County area that can help you out. I'd HIGHLY recommend attending the next Practical Rifle Match down in Eatonville at the Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club on the 18th of this month. It's a great way to get your feet wet and soak up a lot of information on gear, techniques, and general information. The first time orientation is at 0830. Feel free to message me with any questions in general and I can get you together with a lot of the locals. And welcome!

Sounds like a great idea, thanks for the invite Nick. PM me with some of the details and were the heck this club is at please. My biggest concern is, I think I might be a lot short on gear and not even close to ready for a shoot like that. I will try to get it all ready before then and see if I cant make it out though. What is the worst thing that can happen? I find out what I don't have and need and have a great time. How much walking is involved with the shoot? I don't have tactical rig ready yet, and my only rig capable of that level of precision is a savage 10BA. It is a great rig but god is it heavy.

Sounds like a great idea, thanks for the invite Nick. PM me with some of the details and were the heck this club is at please. My biggest concern is, I think I might be a lot short on gear and not even close to ready for a shoot like that. I will try to get it all ready before then and see if I cant make it out though. What is the worst thing that can happen? I find out what I don't have and need and have a great time. How much walking is involved with the shoot? I don't have tactical rig ready yet, and my only rig capable of that level of precision is a savage 10BA. It is a great rig but god is it heavy.

There's no walking and there's plenty of gear there to be used. You only need a decent rifle and glass. When you say 10BA I assume we're talking 308 and not the 110BA which is 338? If so that's perfect. I'll pm you later with the address. There's more details over here...

There's no walking and there's plenty of gear there to be used. You only need a decent rifle and glass. When you say 10BA I assume we're talking 308 and not the 110BA which is 338? If so that's perfect. I'll pm you later with the address. There's more details over here...

That is correct it is chambered in 308 win. Looking forward to the message.

If anyone is looking to get into reloading and would like a good start I have some gear for sale. I'd like to sell it as a package locally for $600. The only things missing is the Giraud trimmer, Lyman Xpress Prep Center, dies, and the comparator set that have already been claimed.

RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Combo
Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Single Stage Press with all original parts including 3 die bushings
Hornady Shell Holder Package of 5
3 Pack Hornady Lock-N-Load Die Bushings
Hornady Lock-N-Load Headspace Gage 5 Bushing Set with Comparator
Lee Precision Deacapping Die
RCBS Primer Tray
Lee Lee Powder Funnel 22 to 45 Caliber
Frankford Arsenal rifle reloading tray
RCBS Bullet Puller Die with .30 caliber collet
General Fraction+ Digital Caliper

Last edited:
For those of you that don't know about it, heres a match to attend.
2013 SGT Matt Karstetter (USMC) Memorial Field Match- Wilbur WA 6/15

Guys, if you want to get out and shoot this is for a worthy cause, it may be a little far for some of you, but I am sure there's more than one going from the Wet side, so carpool.
I don't think there's going to be a better introduction to the sport than this match, plus there's probably going to be a pretty little prize table.
So if you haven't signed up, here's the link
http://isgroup.mycustomevent.com/ShoppingCar

Recently received email with regards to the match.
For those of you who knew Matt, you know that the world lost a brother, friend, shooter, and Marine. As a man who truly loved this sport, this match is held in his honor and the proceeds will be donated to the scholarship fund of his 13 year old step-daughter and 4 month old son that he left behind.
Dry camping is available the night previous and the night of the match. Following the match, shooters are encouraged to stick around and enjoy a smoked tri-tip dinner. Spectators are encouraged to attend and enjoy the after-match camaraderie.
This match is being hosted on private property and everyone is EXPECTED to police after him or herself, respect the property, and act responsibly.
This match will provide a wide variety of stages with a varying degree of difficulty. Shooters are STRONGLY encouraged to bring analog forms of data to include a mechanical compass and be prepared for all weather conditions. Expect to see stages such as: UKD, positional, high angle, movers, and so on. All shooters will be required to pack the gear they intend to use for the day. After the safety briefing and opening stage, shooters will not be allowed to return for additional equipment.
Match Location / Date.
The match is scheduled for June 15th, 2013. Specific locations for the match will be given to the attending shooters once they have registered and are confirmed. This is done to eliminate any on-lookers that may cause unnecessary distractions. Directions will be sent to each competitors email address once the registration forms have been received. If you cannot attend this event please feel free to foward the mail message along to others in our community.
Match Fee’s.
The Match fees will be $150.00 USD per shooter. Included in this price is a post-match barbecue and T-shirt.

I'm not unfortunately, but hope you all have a great time !!
Marty put two days together like your first day at FSC ;) Good luck bud.

Alanh and I are going; we have Friday off. An old friend of mine from Alaska is passing through on Thursday, so Alan can drive while I sleep off the hangover.

I got an email that said round count is 200, if you take them all, but Carl didn't break it down by days. I'm trying to keep my pack as light as possible, because I'm old and fat. Anybody got rounds/day? I also sent Carl an email about a helo stage (yes? no?) but haven't heard back. He's prob'ly pretty busy about now.

Should be a fun time, looking forward to seeing you guys there!

1911fan

PS: I have room for up to two more from Wenatchee, four-way split on gas, leaving midday Friday and back Sunday night. PM me.

Extended LR shoot on 6-29

Hey Everyone,
I'm putting this out to see if any shooters are interested in a 800+ yd shoot for the last sat in june. This will be shot on the "wetside", movement will be limited as my area is in a clearcut. We will be shooting at extreme angles also. Most positions will be from your belly in a prone variant, which ever works best for you. Only rule will be you must be prone :)
If I get enough shooters interested I will email out the particulars. O yeah calibers will be 338 Lapua and lower. I can run about 25 guys through without making you wait too long between stages.
Just email or text
Thanks
Chris

Hey Everyone,
I'm putting this out to see if any shooters are interested in a 800+ yd shoot for the last sat in june. This will be shot on the "wetside", movement will be limited as my area is in a clearcut. We will be shooting at extreme angles also. Most positions will be from your belly in a prone variant, which ever works best for you. Only rule will be you must be prone :)
If I get enough shooters interested I will email out the particulars. O yeah calibers will be 338 Lapua and lower. I can run about 25 guys through without making you wait too long between stages.
Just email or text
Thanks
Chris

This sounds fun, let me know the details.

Back from the 5th annual Kettle Falls steel challenge which benefits Camp Patriot. A big thank you for all that supported this great match, we had shooters from Washington, Oregon, Montana, the Dakotas to name a few. This years winners were Jake and Brian, congratulations guys, followed by Lucas & Ken, Ron & Danny, Cody and Steve and Craig and Kirk. Well done to all of you, and again a big thank you to Carl, Brent, all the Kettle Falls and Colville folk who worked hard to make this happen, and those folks who flew in to RO for this worthy benefit match.

If anyone has Ron's cell phone can they get a hold of him for me and have him contact me ASAP please?

Great to see some familiar faces as well as a lot of new ones this weekend. Carl put on a great match, and for a great cause! Most of his ROs came in from the far corners of the States just to help out and be a part of it which is a testimate to their dedication to Camp Patriot and what it represents. It was great talking to all of them and hearing the story of what Camp Patriot represents. All of the ROs were world class men, I thank them for their service as well as what they are doing to help their fellow disabled veterans.

Fun weekend, very challenging course of fire, this is a match I will be attending for years to come.

Kirk R

I had a great time, though I couldn't have gotten any wetter Saturday if I'd just sat in a bathtub. AlanH and I were shooting stage 9, I think, with the coyote and square targets across the valley, with a damn big log right in the way of your position. It was raining so hard- I'm not sure if my scope had a lot of water on it, or visibility really was that crappy.... All I could see was white blobs. Hmm, that looks like a target? BANG "Miss!" Nope, that wasn't it. Our scoresheet shredded at that point, so wet it just fell apart, despite the ROs best efforts at keeping it dry in the amazing downpour.
I shot like shit all weekend, seemed like I was shooting too fast despite stretching one stage until there were only two seconds left. I did hit the 825 mover twice, three times if you count the time I hit the post. I dropped a full magazine into the water on the boat stage, lucky I had a spare full mag.
Does anybody know how to take apart an AI mag? There's a little dimple in mine that appears to be stopping the baseplate from sliding off, and I'd really like to clean the mud out of it.

Also- Kirk, was that you that was asking about a spotting scope with a ranging reticle? PM me, whoever it was.

1911fan

Thanks for the pics Taylor! It was another fun match this year, and worth the drive up. Good seeing you all again!

I have to give a big thanks to JD from High Speed Shooting Systems. He took a good chunk of time out of his busy day to go out of his way and meet up with me. I bought a pair of the spike feet for the atlas bipod. To us at the Kettle Falls match this last weekend and have to say I'm very impressed with the change from the rubber feet on my atlas to these spike feet. They helped me out in a few stages where the rain made for a very slippery surface. Again a big thank you to JD go taking the time and going the extra mile.

Here are some more picture. It was a great day out there I'll post a few more. These are all from day 2 i left the camera in the hotel room on the first day.

Attachments

• P5180032.jpg
    P5180032.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P5180033.jpg
    P5180033.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 24
  • P5180034.jpg
    P5180034.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P5180036.jpg
    P5180036.jpg