• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

You mean just a get together, or competition? Probably be a while before any new comps as hunting season is only days away.

Jeffro...if you like the ACU gear hold on to it....if not throw it with Josh if you would....not major but get free freight!!!
laugh.gif
Lots of new people that I am sure it would leave at the next shootout.

BTW shootout is looking like late November Early December....I have to check out the hunting regs and find when the Sol Duc will be closed. If the Sol Duc is not available we can always go to Nates place....either way it will be a 2 day shoot with the first day similar to a match....run the COF and the next day will have the opertunity to run through it at lesiure.

Sure. I'm still debating if I can afford it. Either way, I'll send him back with the gear, or the cash.

Figured I would offer some FS items to the SHWW first.

I have a 2003 Ram 2500 Cummins 80k miles with 4.5" Fabtech and 35" Toyo M/T tires....just tired of a big truck and moving into a Jeep Liberty. 400hp and an automatic...more info if anybody has interset. Asking $21,000

I have a Midway Black Drag Bag works great, lost a cord zipper pull but other than that it is 100% $40

I have a Camelback Delta 5 Desert Digital Molle vest with bladder. As new but used. $60

I have black Point Blank foam and neoprene elbow and knee pads used but no holes. $30

And I also have Lucas Beitner's Midway shooting mat....if someone wants to buy it just let me know and I will mail him the cash!!!!
laugh.gif
Or if anybody sees him tell him to get ahold of me!!

Few days and I will put the items in FS section of the hide.

0709_4wd_16_zarb_simpson_ii_tentjeep_libertyrear_angle.jpg

I just keep fingind badass pics that I have to share!!!

gecko002.jpg

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/goPage.do?method=home

I'll fit....and it is like comparing sneakers to logger boots.
laugh.gif

Oh it will have a pyro on it....and need it, Suncoast makes TC for them, they are VGT turbos, common rail so they can be pressure boosted, I can't imagine a CR injector that does not have a nozzle on it that can be flow honed by 30%, little Italian 4cyl that from what I have gathered is an incredible powerhouse...beats the 3.7L hands down but CA fucked the diesel SUV sales up. They only made them in 2005 and 2006 in the US. They still manufacture them outside the US and the Landcruiser style guys love them....

A fitting change for me since I really don't haul much, and I can always use our shop truck orr have a firend haul big shit.....don't get me wrong....I am gonna love the windows down ride to go get my wife and pup but I am just tired of feeling all the bumps in the road and don't want to invest the time and money into turning the truck into a Cadillac....it wouldn't be a truck if it was a fucking Toyota.

aubie, i am fixin to transfer to the brig up at bangor, lookin' for a place to live in the area. preferably a house gonna be on e-4 bah with dependants. know anything around in there?

I am done hunting for Elk and deer out west....but I have the material for building a chainfall hoist that mounts into the 2" reciever and becomes a vertical boom, that is capable of picking an Elk body up, have to trim off a head probably but a deer can fit no problem. If I ever hunt again or help someone take an animal out it would be as simple as shackles through the leg tendons and hang it off the arch in the rear hitch...then drive home. Redneck style but it keeps the inside completly free of blood and smell while not limiting the mobility.

More and more that I research I find that they are one of the best newer Jeeps as far as capability both on and off road. After all for Jeep to pull the XJ and replace it with the KJ it must be worth it!!!

Just had to relay this one!!!!!

I have been waiting to drive a CRD and finally the local dealer got one in I had driven the 04 3.7L Renegade, moving down from a Ram 2500QCSB with 400hp 860tq Cummins.

Drove one today and the sales guy used to hunt with my Grandfather, knows my Mom, Uncle and everybody I can think of family wise. But never knew him before last weekend. Great no BS guy about the whole sale process, spent 4 of the 5 hours BS with the guy and an hour inside on papers. Good guy....was really looking for an open steep public bank and he said to hit the State Pit by the dealership! Ok...he had never been off road before and it was great!!!

He said go up that hill if you would like. I jumped out to walk it first and saw it was just peachy compared to what I have seen the Liberty in stock form do in pictures here, one large rock at the crest but not jetting out. I told him we would go down it first, first scotchbroom "primer" scratch in the plastic fender. Went down it very stable and slight side shift 1/2 way down....easy. He shifted his seat and mentioned how tense he was and the "OS" bars were being used.....by that time I had spun around and asked if he wanted to take it up the hill mimself?

"No you go ahead...I will hold on".....ok in 4LOW and completly stock with Goodyear pavement tires....walked righ up the 12' high bank....then the big rock at the top, caught the forward rear 4 link bar on the rock!!!! He pooed a little as I just let off to idle and started steering back and forth feeling for traction. By now the smoke off the LR tire is coming in the window because it is on the rock face and spinning (at idle but still smoking the tire).

No forward turn traction so I went into reverse and turned for traction, finally caught some back up and got off the rock, then forward and slid off the rock towards the drivers (downhill) but it walked right out and the guy nearrly died talking about how he thought we would have to walk back and get help. Needless to say he says "We didn't go here".....I said no worries if you can get me financially into this rig I will take it home right now.

I love it because it took about 20 minutes for it to kick in WTF we just did in a completly stock Jeep Liberty Diesel.....but he came back out and said Now I see why you are leaving the 4.5" Fabtech and 35" Toyo M/T's and a 400HP diesel!!!!! I want one of those!!!!

Ohh man once I actually find one that I can swap my truck out for I will test it thouroughly!!!! Skid plates and I'll let you try it out and see if you still want the Dodge!!!!
laugh.gif
You have a good camper for yours though!!

Hey Hopps.....I need some fluting and drill press work....nothing fancy just mild round steel. But I don't want to pay Lilcoln....experimental shit you know!!!!

I have what banks consider a negative equity on my Dodge....and the same fuckers that put me upside down on 27k payments are really tough to get to give me an upright loan for under $20k....alot has changed in the last 2 years on the lender's side. And we have given 2 years without checking our credit....now we have to fight with a bunch of collectors from before 3 years ago....that were not there 2 years ago when we bought my house. We had to clean up all questionable credit to buy our house and did the Top Ramen show then....but now 2 years later we showed up in a credit check and now there are about $3k worth of bullshit charges that have been sent to collections all of a sudden!!! Mother F'rs....now we have the BS of disputing them...so with negative equity in my truck and a great looking credit.....West Hills Dodge submitted over 15 loan requests for me in Sept....now I have a "too many inquiry's" ding on my credit!!!! Never use West Hills Anything.....somma bitches...I told them to use BECU and Sound Comunity and no one else...but apparently when they have a buyer they try hard for them....even if it hurts the buyer!!!

Rant off.
blush.gif

dude you don't want to get rid of the truck anyways, i happen to think teh dodge diesels are badass. i am alittle bias since its what i drive also. wish i could afford your too so my wife could drive one also.

on the bright side you are better off financially in keeping your truck anyways.

If you want a better ride, you should lose the 4.5" lift, & 35's for the stock lift, & 2" leveling kit, & 285/75/17's. Get some good shocks, & you're done. My truck rides nice, especially when it has some weight in the back. It will have more power getting to the ground too that way.

Too true but I don't want to put any money into the truck and I am tired of the $500 a month payment and $200 mo insurance for my wife and I, who neither one of us have ever been in a wreck or a ticket.

It costs alot to have a nice big truck....I tell you with windows down and 70mph in a road like the highway up to Bigwheel's BSC2....I knew the guy in the Dmax behind me and I saw a puff of black smoke out of his pipe!!

Game on! Dry but moist and took a good banking uneven turn at 70mph with TC locked......the uneven threw a little chirp on the inside tire for a half second!!!! They are incredibly fun and sturdy.....I just want to try it in a 18" barreled 7mm-08.....
laugh.gif
....oh wait I meant a 2.8L Jeep Commonrail Diesel!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too true but I don't want to put any money into the truck and I am tired of the $500 a month payment and $200 mo insurance for my wife and I, who neither one of us have ever been in a wreck or a ticket.

It costs alot to have a nice big truck....I tell you with windows down and 70mph in a road like the highway up to Bigwheel's BSC2....I knew the guy in the Dmax behind me and I saw a puff of black smoke out of his pipe!!

Game on! Dry but moist and took a good banking uneven turn at 70mph with TC locked......the uneven threw a little chirp on the inside tire for a half second!!!! They are incredibly fun and sturdy.....I just want to try it in a 18" barreled 7mm-08.....
laugh.gif
....oh wait I meant a 2.8L Jeep Commonrail Diesel!!!!</div></div>

Hey Joe give me a shout maybe i can get the insurance thing figured out for you since i am independant insurance agent, i am sure we can get you a better deal.

BW & Bigs.... how'd the shoot go? Get that boomer to hit anything?

Joe.... wanna buy my jeep?
wink.gif

What do you want for the XJ?

I suppose that it would be an easy sale for selling the wheels and tires while switching someone for their stock wheels and tires and try that to see if it is better....look kinda funny but it would tell me if I want to take the lift off and keep it.

Ideas on a set of Toyo M/T 35-12.5x17" on MKW Chrome wheels? about 11k miles on them would be value wise? I know they were $1600 for the tires alone because I got a copy of the invoice but what are they worth? $800 $1500.....not really sure.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you want for the XJ?

I suppose that it would be an easy sale for selling the wheels and tires while switching someone for their stock wheels and tires and try that to see if it is better....look kinda funny but it would tell me if I want to take the lift off and keep it.

Ideas on a set of Toyo M/T 35-12.5x17" on MKW Chrome wheels? about 11k miles on them would be value wise? I know they were $1600 for the tires alone because I got a copy of the invoice but what are they worth? $800 $1500.....not really sure.....</div></div>

hey let me know if you are serious about getting rid of your tires/wheels. i am going to need new rubber for my dodge soon and i have 03 dodge with 4" lift also. i have 18" wheels but would be happy to go down to 17 for the right price.

thanks scott

What is that right price shit?
laugh.gif

Make me an offer!!!!

I will know more hopefully the first part of this week. The chrome is starting to flake in a few places but I wanted to remove chrome and powdercoat mineral gray or black!!

...I suppose.... unless you're a cage fighter... or.... professional wrestler? You could wear one of those full-face, head-sock, mask things..... we need a good name.....
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Make me an offer!!!!
</div></div>

Do you guys know any one who dose Boxing in the Sequim WA area? I have not found anything closer then 1.5 hours away, and its something I want to get in to.

Thanks
Chris

Strictly speaking.... does it HAVE to be boxing? I'm thinking of pushin' an up-and-comer... goes by the name of Blackwidow (unless we come up with something else).
laugh.gif

Looking for SHWW opinions on the following PDA/phone based ballistic software.

Patagonia Ballistics

Field Firing Solutions

Exbal

Horus

others

Ha ha guys ya it kinda got out of hand it started as a pushing match thought it was over so I bent down to pick up my glasses when he "tripped" which he ended up kicking me in the face. So I picked him up and slammed him head first in the ground pummeled his head with my fist and used a half nelson to turn him and popped him with my knee. It happened so fast it seemed like I just stood by watching myself. I'm just glad I stopped myself I could have killed him.

So
Yes joe I'm not sweeping any more so if you know of any driving jobs send them my way if you could maybe we can hit that range that you showed me and jeff that time

Ranger. I have been using FFS for several yrs. It is easy to use, very adjustable, & once adjusted to your load, very accurate. It was what I used to get on at 2K yds with my 300WM. It was only off by 1/2 moa, & I'll bet that was because I didn't set up the inputs close enough.(didn't use temp to the 1/10'ths, etc.) Also Blaine Fields Is a great guy to deal with. He's fast to reply to e mails, even on Sundays, & will go out of his way to make sure you're taken care of.

I've been around here for awhile but never noticed this thread, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Anthony, 20 years old live in Tacoma, I've lived here all my life, love to shoot and learn more about it.

I shot my first elk! My adrenaline is still pumping. That is a dozier knife that did all the work from start to finish, sorry about the crappy Iphone pics.

jake

2wlsdqt.jpg

25u5q41.jpg

Ranger....

I love FFS...

Patagonia was a GIANT PITA.... IMHO... It may just be because I'm OCD... but that damn software had me out shooting through multiple chony's, at multiple ranges... basically trying to figure out my own BC... which in theory is fine... in practice... whole nother can of worms. Folks rave about the depth of the software.... but you have to be a ballistician to dial it in (which seems to defeat the whole point of buying the software).

Get FFS and be well.

Congrat's Jake. Nice bull. Especially for your first. Archery I'm guessing which makes it even better. Tell us the story.
Got my 1st in 05. Hunted for 6 yrs putting in for the tag on Bethell ridge. He's on my wall now. I'll see if I have any pics that will go online. (still had my old film camera then)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
25u5q41.jpg
</div></div>
You need a tag to do that ....? Oh yeah, and I hope it's ok if I used a 180 grain .30-06 caliber Accubond "arrow" ....! [all said in jest]
Good job and well done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranger....

I love FFS...

Patagonia was a GIANT PITA.... IMHO... It may just be because I'm OCD... but that damn software had me out shooting through multiple chony's, at multiple ranges... basically trying to figure out my own BC... which in theory is fine... in practice... whole nother can of worms. Folks rave about the depth of the software.... but you have to be a ballistician to dial it in (which seems to defeat the whole point of buying the software).

Get FFS and be well. </div></div>

Are you still running the Trimble Nomad? Do you think a Trimble Recon would work just as well? How about a "smart phone" that is FFS compatible? how much memory is needed to run FFS well? (not just the minimum needed)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been around here for awhile but never noticed this thread, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Anthony, 20 years old live in Tacoma, I've lived here all my life, love to shoot and learn more about it. </div></div>

what sort of shooting experience do you have? Bolt rifles, semi's, pistols, etc. At what distances and facilities have you shot at? any military experience? I'm just prying into your personal life (and being rude) so other SHWW members don't have to. They (the rest of the guys) are all a bunch of Angels don't you know ...
wink.gif

Ranger... I have the Recon.

I believe, as of the last evolution of FFS, that you can only purchase it on a sim chip or something.... there is no longer a PC version, and of course, you would need your PDA to be able to accept the chip.... which the Recon does not. If I want to upgrade to the latest and greatest, I need to upgrade the whole system....
frown.gif
... that said, I am happy with what I have.

I could be mistaken on the compatibility stuff.... you'll have to read up for yourself.

http://www.precisionworkbench.com/index.htm

It was with a muzzleloader. Here is the story...

My dad and I took a horseback ride with our guide into the deep woods. About ten miles from the gate where the road was closed. Went in before dark and right when the sun broke we got on a big sounding bull that we called in but that never panned out. A few more hunts later I found myself crawling up this mountainside for about 150 yards over trees and bushes and crap beating the crap out of my arms and legs trying to get close enough to get a good shot. It was pretty thick woods at this point and we were sounding off our calls and this guy was pissed off. Thrashing a tree and snorting and barking and all sorts of stuff. I was standing up next to a small 8 inch tree with my rifle supported but could only see his horns as he was up over the hill just a bit. To the left between two trees was about a 6 inch shooting lane and on the right was a 3 foot opening. Of course he went to the left and I tried to squeeze off the shot while he was walking by but the gun never went off and he walked on by back in the woods a little further. I thought I had blown it at this point but he was still talking to us back and forth with our calls. I belly crawled about 50 yards to a 2 foot downed log and I could see his horns while sitting. I took my saftey off and stood up to a 3/4 standing crouch. I Pulled the trigger and heard a POP... I thought you son of a B$%^*... Slowly bent back down behind the down logs and reaching in my pocket for my spyderco to pry off my dud of a cap. Put a new cap on and tried it again. POP. The blood is hot at this point and I am pissed wondering if I am going to get a shot at this animal. Same thing happened on the third shot and I am now trying to think of other ways to kill this darn bull. Small pocket knife? Rock? Stick? LOL Anyway I put another cap on and stood up slowly for a forth time. I am already fatigue beyond beleif, the knees are wobbling, the legs are gases and am I sweating to death by this time. Stood back up to my 3/4 crouch and finally got a shot off. He was quatering away at 97 yards and I shot him 6 inches in front of my front shoulder aiming point. Stoned him!!! Dead right there. Off course the entire forrest heard me yelling and screaming. It died at 12:30 on Saturday, it took another 6 hours to skin and bone him out and pack him out of the woods. All is good!!!!!

(Side note) I challenge anyone to get their heart rate skyrocketed and shoot a muzzleloader off-hand at 100 yards. I tell you what that was the toughest shot of my life.

2wlsdqt.jpg

25u5q41.jpg

Awesome. Good on Ya. You'll be telling that story to the grand kids when you're 100. You'll also remember every sound, smell, & feeling from that moment for the rest of your life. Now the hard part starts...Finding a good taxidermist to mount him, & PAYING for it! Again, congratulations on a fine hunt.