• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I'm very much a veteran as I have perfected the art of incompetence.

Tribe you still have that 208 A-Max link I sent? Was wondering if anyone else could use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very much a veteran as I have perfected the art of incompetence.

Tribe you still have that 208 A-Max link I sent? Was wondering if anyone else could use it.
</div></div>

Sounds like I'll fit right in with this group!

I too am interested in the 208 A-max, I'm starting off with 175 SMK's but something intrigues me about shooting thos big bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure on the price or lead time on the SHWW Trhirts yet...getting a preleminary number for a quote.

Also for anybody interested I have 5lbs RL17 for $100, and 9lbs of RL22 for $160.....FTF in WA only.</div></div>

i am interested in the RL17 let me know which lot number?

Lot # 02709
Shift X
Aug 19 2009

Guranteed to add 400 FPS to any load you have!!!

(
whistle.gif
single use only)

Hey Ranger,I'm shooting the 208 Amax in my 06 and luv em
Thanks for the link guys been looking for some.

I ordered two boxes, the site indicated they are in stock and I got an order confirmation. I 'll let you know if anything changes.

That rl 17 is the same lot number I have so I will buy it. Let me know how you want to get paid. Thanks dude.

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rl 17 is the same lot number I have so I will buy it. Let me know how you want to get paid. Thanks dude.

Jake</div></div>

damn i haven't even had a chance to check mine yet oh well you snooze you lose

put me down for a l black on tan short sleeve, and the same in long sleeve

SHWW,
Ok, here is my official post to come join the action. I haven't read this 55 page thread page by page, but it's on my list of things to do. The riding (sportbikes) season is history, and it's time to get shooting some long guns. I shoot handguns fairly regulary year round.
Anyway, I need to dial in my 308 bolt gun, and a 18" barreled AR, and get some dope on my AI 338LM. I still need a few toys, like that new Kestral all in one weather station/balistic software unit, and a laser rangefinder. I like the technology stuff, but need more to pull the trigger.
Until next time, JPG

Welcome aboard!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silverbullet-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't read this 55 page thread page by page, but it's on my list of things to do. </div></div>
.... unless you've got a LOT of time on your hands, I would put that way at the end of your list.
wink.gif
Just stay current... no doubt some shoots will start popping up.

Back from my weekend bear hunt. No bears, but did see a couple bucks, & a doe during the fog/rain breaks. I think Tribe must have been on the east side too last weekend.
wink.gif

I'll probably be going up shooting this coming weekend with Mayday. If you want to join up let me know. Otherwise I'm still planing on having BW come up on the 2nd to stretch out his 375CT.
Hey BW. You still coming up on the 2nd?

Bigs, if you're asking me.... I can't really nail down any weekend plans right now... pretty much into November....

Hey guys

My name is Sean and I'm new to the Hide and a novice shooter. I primarily shoot AR's right now but have been reading everything I can find on distance shooting in the last couple of months. My next rifle is a .308 POF 20".

I sure wish I would have found this thread months ago. I'm moving to Tennesee in a few weeks. (Leave this Friday to get settled in at my new duty station but coming back to stand a few weeks of duty in October). I live in Poulsbo, WA and I'm active duty Navy. I can't offer any real help yet with shooting but if anyone is interested I MAY be able to swing a tour of my Submarine. It's in the dry dock right now so would be a neat thing to see. Shoot me a PM if you live in the area and you're interested. I still have not cleared any tours with the shipyard security so I don't know what the chances are. I would not be able to do any of these until after I get home (around Oct 9th).

Here's some google map coordinates to a sweet spot I found in the Olympic Forest today:

47.897614,-122.939029

Could have probably gotten 150-200 yards open range but we shot a little closer to the area that was already setup for targets. Place was trashed so we picked up quite a bit but still lots of old appliances and junk we couldn't haul out.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who in SHWW is shooting 30 caliber 208 grain A-Max?</div></div>

Who isn't?!
wink.gif
</div></div>

I'm shooting the 208 A-MAX with RL-17 in a .308 now. Haven't got the load as dialed as I'd like yet but I have one that is sub MOA @ 200 yards going 2620 FPS. It will probably get slower than that when I tune the load down a bit more.

On that note did you guys get any of the ones you ordered. From what Hornady told me, there are none in stock anywhere. They aren't even going to be done with the current mfg. run until the end of October.

I put a wanted ad out and found 900 of them on here, maybe some of you should try the same. If any are ever for sale, they are gone within minutes on this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aubie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys

My name is Sean and I'm new to the Hide and a novice shooter. I primarily shoot AR's right now but have been reading everything I can find on distance shooting in the last couple of months. My next rifle is a .308 POF 20".

I sure wish I would have found this thread months ago. I'm moving to Tennesee in a few weeks. (Leave this Friday to get settled in at my new duty station but coming back to stand a few weeks of duty in October). I live in Poulsbo, WA and I'm active duty Navy. I can't offer any real help yet with shooting but if anyone is interested I MAY be able to swing a tour of my Submarine. It's in the dry dock right now so would be a neat thing to see. Shoot me a PM if you live in the area and you're interested. I still have not cleared any tours with the shipyard security so I don't know what the chances are. I would not be able to do any of these until after I get home (around Oct 9th).

Here's some google map coordinates to a sweet spot I found in the Olympic Forest today:

47.897614,-122.939029

Could have probably gotten 150-200 yards open range but we shot a little closer to the area that was already setup for targets. Place was trashed so we picked up quite a bit but still lots of old appliances and junk we couldn't haul out.

Sean </div></div>
Welcome Aubie!

It would be great to have you come out to a shoot.

Moving to Tennesee? What sub is based there?
wink.gif

Or did you get selected for Recruiter Duty?

good shooting!

Welcome Aubie. Too bad you found us so close to leaving. When I first starting shooting that happened to me, I met a bunch of shooters in Norfolk and 1 Month later I xferred to rotten Groten. The good news was my orders shifted and I went back,,,, for a total of thirteen years.
two things. next time you leave the yard walk out the ferry gate, that sail sitting thre was my last boat(no further details needed)
secondly, are you positive that the site you linked is natiaonal forest, and if so what about the huge clearing right above it?

I would be interested in tagging along this coming weekend if that's alright. Let me know the plan and I'll do my best to make it happen.
Thanks,Mike

Got to me some of you guys at Bigwheel's shoot last month & Findley Cup last Spring (wished we had more time to visit), i lived in the Seattle area for 10years - art school, work, shoot (Kenmore,North Bend, Granite Falls) , rode motorcycle almost full time commuting. Got tired of the rain, drivers, crappy roads & driving stupid miles to shoot 100yds - been back on the dry side for 10 years (Cashmere,Wenatchee) shooting & hunting.

Hope to do more shoots and welcome visitors to this side to shoot at our range, normaly able to put steel out to 700 and ? out to 1000 & 1250 is board member is with us (not too had to pull a arm)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested in tagging along this coming weekend if that's alright. Let me know the plan and I'll do my best to make it happen.
Thanks,Mike </div></div>

I might be up for some shooting this weekend, let me know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to me some of you guys at Bigwheel's shoot last month & Findley Cup last Spring (wished we had more time to visit), i lived in the Seattle area for 10years - art school, work, shoot (Kenmore,North Bend, Granite Falls) , rode motorcycle almost full time commuting. Got tired of the rain, drivers, crappy roads & driving stupid miles to shoot 100yds - been back on the dry side for 10 years (Cashmere,Wenatchee) shooting & hunting.

Hope to do more shoots and welcome visitors to this side to shoot at our range, normaly able to put steel out to 700 and ? out to 1000 & 1250 is board member is with us (not too had to pull a arm) </div></div>

Is that you at the end of this trailer Pat?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EANsUiaQws4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EANsUiaQws4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I know this is you!!!

Photo0303web.jpg

yes both me, i'm not shy about showing my face - hell look at my ammo box (holds about 140rds of 300wm, or a Sig 226 and 4 full mags)

Pat,

I would gladly take you up on your offer to shoot East Wenatchee sometime this winter or spring....
grin.gif

I'd also be in to go East some time. I have family cabin on Lake Chelan so I could stay up there for a day or two.

i know this is short notice by i am running a practice match in moses lake this sunday here is course of fire. if interested pm me for directions.

is this to easy or hard?

Stage 1

Description- Shooter will engage hanging tennis balls at 200yds taking one shot at each one starting from the left. Shooter will then engage paper hostage target at 100yds firing 3 shots strong side followed by 3 shots weak side. Lastly shooter will engage 1000yard targets taking 2 shots at each of the 4 targets for total of 8 rounds. All hits will be scored 1 point, hitting hostage will deduct 2 points for each hit. Stage will have total round count of 16rds fired with a maximum time limit of 3min 30sec.

Stage 2

Position/Barricade

Shooter will start from designated position shooting at bank of 4 targets. Shooter will start prone fire 2 shots each from prone, sitting, kneeling & standing. Shooter will then move forward to barricade. Shooting 2 rounds from each position. Targets will all be engaged from left to right 2 per target. Total round count for stage is 16rds, all hits 1 point, total time 4minutes.

Stage 3

Shooter will start prone and will engage 500 yard hanging balloons every shooter will engage the uppermost left balloon. Your only allowed 1 hit, every shooter must fire minimum 2 shots and has up to 4 available. Hitting the wrong balloon will result it deducting 2 points off score. Shooter will then steel plate at 650yard prone 2 shots. Following that shooter will engage 500yard steel prairie dog shooting 5rounds prone, followed by 5 shots through barricade at prairie dog. Total possible of 16rds fired each hit will be scored 2 points at this stage.

Stage 4

Shooter will start from back of truck firing 4rds with tailgate up at 500yard plate. Shooter will drop tailgate and fire 4 shots at 500yard prairie dog. Shooter will then move to rooftop barricade firing 2 shots at 650 yard plate, then 2 shots 500yard plates, 2 shots at steel prairie dog. 14 rounds total fired with hits being 1 point each. Time limit 4minutes

If there is time remaining shooter has option of shooting up to 6rds standing at 650yard plate all hits counting for 1 point.

Total possible round count for match is max 68.

Guys.... apparently diggs is on the hunt for some steel.... can anyone help the brother out?

I've got x3 10"x10" hangers
(steel and belting only, no feet yet) ( good for 300wm at 300yds + / it is AR400 )

I don't know if i can make it, but if anyone local is going they are welcome to use them.

Pat: 509-670-5923

Hey guys just thought I'd introduce myself. I am up in Lynden WA. I primarily shoot 308, but recently acquired a 700 MLR in 338 that I am gearing up for (obtaining reloading supplies, and the USO should be here in a couple months). Right now I shoot mostly at Custer Sportsman's Club, but the 200 yard max is getting old- I'll have to start finding places to stretch them out.

With that said, if anyone knows any public land in Whatcom or Skagit County that is easily accessible and has room to shoot 1,000 yards I would love to hear about it. Feel free to PM me!

Mark B

Thanks guys.... I really don't know... I was just throwing it out there for him. If he is really going to need it, he'll take it from here.

Pretty cool how quickly you guys stepped up with some steel though....
grin.gif

Welcome 71!..... Damn... lot of new blood lately..... someone advertising?

Welcome aboard. Strange that all of a sudden a bunch of guys show up in the north. A couple months ago I was alone.
PM inbound to you 71.

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I was just pointing out that for several years I was the only one from around here I knew about, & lately there are a lot more.

just want to say hi . i do alot of fclass shooting and now im looking to try something different. the sniper type of game sounds fun. if there are any shoots or practice around here i would like to try it out .oh i live in tacoma but will travel . thanks and have a nice day

they are coming out of the woodwork. To bad its at the end of the "shooting season" hahaha.

CJG

welcome aboard guys, i geuss i was only the new guy for a short time, thanks. just hit me or bigs up if you want to shoot some time.