• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Just a shout out to jcvibby, & friends for coming out to shoot in the snow, & wind yesterday. I had a blast shooting with you guys. After I got home I was stuck on trying to figure out how to account for updrafts @ 10 mph @ a 45* angle??? Still working on that.. I hope bohem doesn't get frisked by a gay TSA agent @ the air port going home.
Anyway, thanks for coming, & dinner. We'll have to do it again when it's a little warmer, & try out 2K yds.

P.S. You guys shoot me an PM, & I'll get you my e mail.
Also, I went back to my notes, & double checked with Google Earth, & that long target was @ only 1300-1350 yds. That explaines the come up errors. Sory.

Heck ya bigs it was a blast.

I had fun taking the new 284 out for a test drive. It turned out to be wicked. Here is a pic of a four shot group at 750 yards. Pretty decent I would say. I shot a 5th time too but missed the steel. My fault, I slapped at the trigger. Anyway it is the 4 shot next to the hand.

23j4sk0.jpg

Starting to ponder a BSCIII match for later in the year. How about you all give me some dates that would work out for you.
Had some thoughts about doing a command fire stage. And possibly other "Demonic" things...

Jeff, with regards to a date for BSC111, the following events are happening
Findlay Cup March 26, 27th
Norcal May 28th, 29th
Oregon Challenge June 11th & 12th ($200 entry fee) must be a hell of an event.
Also Joes 5 mile safari, great idea,
Just figured I would throw those dates out there, I am interested whenever you set a date.
Marty

Thats why I'm asking, so I can plan for a date with little to no coflict with other matches.
As I remember the Kettle Falls match was about April 15th right?

Jeff you should run it in the fall again. Around the same weekend as this last year. Was that in September???

Actually I think you should do two matches this year. One middle of year and one later in the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as we're voting.... I think you should do it every other Tuesday. </div></div>
Make it on Saturdays and I'll make at least 1 or 2 a year ...
wink.gif

I may be up for 2 a yr. Like last yr. One in the spring, & another in the fall. Fall being in August so we're not up there during archery deer, scaring all the deer off. 1st would be the spring match tho, so... As I see it now some time in April would work?

Just saying hi. I moved to JBLM last year still feel like I'm just now getting settled in. Was refered to this group by tribe, thanks again. Anyway I'm living down in Lacey WA if anybody wants to go shooting give me a holler.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. I saw the .375 Viersco Magnum and I'm selling all but two rifles to buy a VM. If there are any rifles of mine that you'd like in particular, let me know. SHWW always gets discounts and dibs on sales. Will try to post pics of rifles later this today or tomorrow.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2236229&#Post2236229</div></div>
Heads up to my fellow SHWW shooters. I have two rifles for sale and will knock $50 off the price for any SHWW shooters.

Steyr SSG 69 PI .308 w/ Accessories
Howa Heavy Barrel SS .308

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> <span style="color: #000099">***Best wishes to all of you in 2011!!! </span> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold">I hope I get the opportunity to meet a bunch of you folks in 2011, make some new friends, and learn a thing or three</span>

Yes, Happy New Year to all! May your worst day of 2011 be better than your best day of 2010! Safety, Prosperity, Health and Happiness to you all! And good shooting, of course!
laugh.gif

Guys wanted to share with you a fairly rare pic, that a friend recently got on her game camera, count them
eightcougars.jpg

Eight cats, it started with two, then four and over Christmas, this one showed, yes the pic is local to some in Eastern Washington

It's the annual Wenatchee Cougar Convention,... I attended it one year,... wasn't what I was expecting. I shoulda known when the address on the notice was way up in the hills. Needless to say, I didn't bring the right 'gun' with me,...
wink.gif
I'm sorry I missed this years' get-together.
laugh.gif

Ryan

On the second day of deer opener we caught one on camera, over Christmas the pack appeared, I am hoping to get the other pictures of them, don't think its doctored.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another picture of the pack
img615.jpg
</div></div>

I need the grid coordinates for this location!

Me too. Looks like a little population control is in order.
Also MayDay, Salmonax, Danska, & I had a beautiful day for shooting today. Did some 750yd to get warmed up, then moved out to 925, & finished off the day @ 1300 yds. MayDay got a 1st rnd hit @ 1300, but it was just luck.
wink.gif
It was so calm, & sunny that we could hear the gong from a 308 175SMK hitting @ 1300 yds. My big silhouette has good tone.
smile.gif
We even got some cell video of it. Danska will have to get it up. I was doing most of the spotting, & for most of the morning I was actually watching a little, shiny copper dot falling on the steel. Great day.

I had a great time. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

I was only able to get one hit at 1300 with my 5R and M118 LR. Didn't fair too bad at 900. Repeat shots at 750 with XM193 with my AR-15 SPR was pretty awesome. Black Hills Match 75gr didn't do crap at 1300, but I was told that the trace was pretty cool to look at.

I definitely want to go again!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me too. Looks like a little population control is in order.
Also MayDay, Salmonax, Danska, & I had a beautiful day for shooting today. Did some 750yd to get warmed up, then moved out to 925, & finished off the day @ 1300 yds. MayDay got a 1st rnd hit @ 1300, but it was just luck.
wink.gif
It was so calm, & sunny that we could hear the gong from a 308 175SMK hitting @ 1300 yds. My big silhouette has good tone.
smile.gif
We even got some cell video of it. Danska will have to get it up. I was doing most of the spotting, & for most of the morning I was actually watching a little, shiny copper dot falling on the steel. Great day. </div></div>

Luck! That was skills, I missed that second shot on purpose so I didn't have to buy a round of beers. JK Hahaha

The Steel Challenge will be on the 14th of May 2011 in Kettle Falls. The official announcement will come out this coming week.

Happy New Year!

Received this email from Carl yesterday
Mike

Thought I'd offer this one up to you guys before I put it in the main classifieds....
Brand new Competitive Edge Gunworks custom tactical .308. This is one fine rifle that I just don't have time to shoot. CEG builds a great rifle on their own custom semi-floating action, which is incredibly smooth and robust along with their own (no-tool) fully adjustable aluminum stock/chasis.

Following are the specs:
*Competitive Edge Gunworks floating action with integrated picatinny rail and front lug, fluted 1-piece bolt with extractor in lug
*Competitive Edge Gunworks adjustable aluminum stock with integrated bottom metal which accepts AI mags, fully adjustable cheekpiece, monopod, and length of pull...dress up with your favorite 1911 grips even.
*20" heavy Broughton 1:10 twist with muzzle brake
*I believe it's a Timney trigger but to be honest I've not taken it apart to check...all I know is that it's very crisp and a fine trigger by anyone's standards

These sell from CEG for over $5k. I'm going to make someone a great deal on a brand new custom CEG rifle without the long wait time and sell it for $4000 shipped (Bipod not included).

Here's a few links demonstrating CEG's fine and innovative products:
Competitive Edge Gunworks
Accurateshooter.com review of new semi-floating action
Downrange TV review of CEG action
Longrangehunting.com -- Competitive Edge Gunworks Rifles
Competitive Edge Gunworks Switchbarrel
SHOT Show 2010 -- Competitive Edge Gunworks
Competitive Edge Gunworks on Tactical Tech TV

Pictures:
2011-01-03_21-17-50_97.jpg

2011-01-03_21-16-08_272.jpg

2011-01-03_21-13-31_640.jpg

2011-01-03_21-11-02_743.jpg

2011-01-03_21-10-36_957.jpg

2011-01-03_21-14-14_794.jpg

2011-01-03_21-13-55_637.jpg

2011-01-03_21-12-10_575.jpg

2011-01-03_21-11-49_35.jpg

jesse that is some crazy shit!!! did you win that sucker in a match or something? i just can't picture you buying a rifle instead of building it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jesse that is some crazy shit!!! did you win that sucker in a match or something? i just can't picture you buying a rifle instead of building it.</div></div>

Yeah, it's something I thought I would use but just haven't and I'm trying to clear some things out of the safe for some new projects.

Here's the link to the Ad in the Classifieds CEG .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. I saw the .375 Viersco Magnum and I'm selling all but two rifles to buy a VM. If there are any rifles of mine that you'd like in particular, let me know. SHWW always gets discounts and dibs on sales. Will try to post pics of rifles later this today or tomorrow.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2236229&#Post2236229</div></div>
Heads up to my fellow SHWW shooters. I have two rifles for sale and will knock $50 off the price for any SHWW shooters.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Steyr SSG 69 PI .308 w/ Accessories</span>SPF!
Howa Heavy Barrel SS .308 </div></div>

I now have this Premier Heritage 5-25 MTC w Horus H-37 for sale. I'll knock $100 off the price for any SHWW shooter. The rifle that this is mounted on is also for sale. I'll be posting that as well, maybe later on tonight. Price for rifle will be about $3,500. Of course, less for SHWW members.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2268830#Post2268830