• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

TSI, weekend of 10-11 and 24-25 works best for me, at any location and I can help too.
thanx for setting up another match bro, hopefully I'll make it this time.

10-11 is good for me, if its just a one day shoot the 24th will work also....if it is in Eburg i could help setup the drive wont be as far and i have family in selah

motorcycle will be fine in either area as long as you don't mind alittle dirt road riding with the bike.

Also i am open to suggestions for things you guys would like to see in the stages. I have plenty of stuff already planned but i am always looking for new ideas or old ones you guys want more practice on.

pm or email me at [email protected]

Just curious as I may need a bit of assistance.

I'll be buying a Timney trigger for my 700 soon, and I'm just wondering if anyone in the area has experience installing one? Honestly I'm hesitant to try it myself afraid to screw something up.

I will be in Alaska until Sept. 11th. I would love it to be after that sometime. Any other weekend would be perfect. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious as I may need a bit of assistance.

I'll be buying a Timney trigger for my 700 soon, and I'm just wondering if anyone in the area has experience installing one? Honestly I'm hesitant to try it myself afraid to screw something up. </div></div>

where you at: hardest part for me is getting the bolt release back in without dropping it and the spring 3 times

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious as I may need a bit of assistance.

I'll be buying a Timney trigger for my 700 soon, and I'm just wondering if anyone in the area has experience installing one? Honestly I'm hesitant to try it myself afraid to screw something up.</div></div>

It's pretty straight forward to do, just be patient and have a good (small enough) punch in order to seat the pins. I'd suggest you take a couple of pics with a digital camera of your current trigger group before removing it in order to have something to reference. Pay particular attention i.e. take several pics, of the bolt release and spring as Pat mentioned,... it's the trickiest part. You'll be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys i am in planning stages of the next match so i need some input from my local shooters.

1. When in september would you like it excluding labor day weekend

2. location moses lake or ellensburg? moses will have longer course on foot with natural terrain and no man made barracades.

just like always i will be looking for people to help with setup and ro.</div></div>

Sounds great! I'm partial to Saturdays and Ellensburg,... but Moses would be OK,... I DEFINITELY prefer Saturdays,... Any weekend, just need a little notice,... I also prefer helicopter stages,... Oh, and shooting from moving vehicles - can't get enough practice doin' that
wink.gif

Ry

Well it looks like it will be september 10th or 11th or both. Do you guys want a cof similar to that last ones or do you want a course more designed for hunting preperation. which equals more ground covered on foot and more points for first round hits.

I would prefer a "hunting prep" COF. Can you make one where you sit on a log for a couple hrs, & the targets pop up when you least expect them?
grin.gif

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know of a good training class that's coming to visit WA @ Cascade's shooting range. I am in no way affiliated with the company, but rather wanted to post some info of them coming here in hopes to get enough people to join the class. The class needs a minimum of 10 people, of which I think there's 4 already signed up. I expect the class to fill up as word gets around. I've only heard good things about this group from different AAR's.

BTW if I posted this at the wrong place, please forgive me.
smile.gif

––––––––––––––––––––––––-
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">RSKTKR Down Course & Medical Live Fire I & II</span></span>
Course is open to all students with the ability to safely complete the training, follow directions and have the willingness to learn.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Summary</span>:
RSKTKR Medical will be coming out to the Pacific Northwest for 2 days of combative focused medical training as well as medical related combative shooting. These courses are geared for all levels and are sure to test both the experienced gunfighter as well as the concealed carry citizen.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Duration</span>:
The course is a combination of classroom lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 17 hours, in two days.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Cost</span>:
$405 is the <span style="text-decoration: underline">total cost</span> per student for the weekend

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Date</span>:
8/27/2011 0800 - 1700 Location to be announced
8/28/2011 0800 - 1600 Cascade Shooting Facilities

-------------------------
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Class Breakdown Below</span></span>:
––––––––––––––––––––––––-

<span style="text-decoration: underline">RSKTKR Down Course</span>
Course is open to all students with the ability to safely complete the training, follow directions and have the willingness to learn.

This course is a combination of our own “Fundamentals of First Aid for the gunfighter” course with the addition of a block of instruction devoted to medical emergencies as well as other wounds.The premises behind this course is that
not all injuries and illness are a result of trauma and that basic knowledge of CPR and other medical illnesses is important. This course is intended for individuals with no previous medical training.

CPR is discussed in this course but a certification is not included.

The course is a combination of classroom lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 9 hours.

$325 Course including our RSKTKR Down Kit
$200 Course with no kit

8/27/2011 0800 - 1700
Location to be announced

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Equipment List</span>:
• Individual First Aid Kit
• Knee and Elbow Pads
• Tactical gear or carry gear
• Ball Cap/Cover
• Hydration System and food for the day
• Appropriate Seasonal Weather Gear
• Note taking materials
• Other gear as needed by the student

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Fundamentals of First Aid for the Gunfighter</span></span>
Course is open to all students with the ability to safely
complete the training, follow directions and have the
willingness to learn.

This intense course is basic/Intermediate level instruction on the contents, use, and the wounds treated by the Individual First Aid Kit or similar product. This is a jam packed course that gets the student up to speed on how to prevent immediate death from combative injury. The course’s focus is on the areas of preventable death as defined by Tactical Combat Casualty Care studies.

This is a must have course for anyone going into harms way
or has the potential of such.

The course is a combination of classroom lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 4 hours. This is the foundational course for all others offered by us.

$225 Course including our RSKTKR Down Kit
$100 Course with no kit

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Medical Live Fire Module I</span></span>

This course is an add-on module for all of our medical courses. Students will review and learn dominant and non dominant one handed weapon manipulations and an overview of cover and concealment.

The course is a combination of a lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 4 hours.

$125 Course

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Round Count</span>:
200 Rounds (Estimated)

8/28/2011 0800 - 1200
Cascade Shooting Facilities
E Range Bays 4&5

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Medical Live Fire Module II</span></span>

This course is an add-on module for all of our medical courses. Module I is a prerequisite for this course. Students will review dominant and non dominant one handed weapon manipulations, non traditional/awkward shooting positions and review and practice cover and concealment.

Students will also integrate medical scenarios into the live fire module.

The course is a combination of a lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 4 hours.

$125 Course

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Round Count</span>:
200 Rounds (Estimated)

8/28/2011 1200 - 1600
Cascade Shooting Facilities
E Range Bays 4&5

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Equipment List</span>:
• Serviceable Handgun and holster with 3 Magazines and carrier
• Eye and ear protection
• Knee and Elbow Pads (recommended not mandatory)
• Tactical gear or carry gear
• Ball Cap/Cover
• Individual First Aid Kit
• Hydration System and food for the day
• Appropriate Seasonal Weather Gear
• Note taking materials
• Other gear as needed by the student

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Contact</span>:
[email protected]</span>

Deposit of $100 due to lock a position into class.
Half due 30 days before class.

I would like the 11th if we do it that weekend. I get back at midnight the 10th!!! PLEASE SCOTTY!!!!

For the unexpected target as you squat, it wouldn't be the first time I.was caught unawares with my pants down.

Likewise here , last year was sitting down and looked up to see a black bear looking @ me from 17 yds. Pretty near surprised the sh!# out of me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Likewise here , last year was sitting down and looked up to see a black bear looking @ me from 17 yds. Pretty near surprised the sh!# out of me.</div></div>

Maybe some Depends are in order for the prize table...for those unexpected moments... Booowhaaaahaaaaahaaaahaaaha
grin.gif

Any COF would be fine with me in September. Also, either location is fine- Moses lake would be some new scenery for me.

just wanted to let you guys know before it hits the open market that i will be selling a trg 22 with 308 and 7mm08 barrels with reloading supplies. I still love mine but my teammate decieded he would rather shoot the big dog so he is trading me his for the trg 42 i had.

i like mine so much i am even having a 243 barrel made for mine so i will have 3 barrels for it.

if you are interested at all even if you have a partial trade let me know i always prefer to keep my firearm sales local to guys i know and trust. even if it means selling it for hundreds less.

Just wanted to make a quick post about my experiences at the magpul dynamics precision rifle course. (formerly central cascade precision) guys if you haven't taken a course with caylen you really should look into it. The course of fire was awesome unknown distance targets of various size out to 1200+. Excellent instruction, in the class I took caylen had to cater to a variety of shooting abilities from industry pro's to average enthusiasts to a guy who clearly had no idea what he was getting into. Everybody walked away a better shooter. With the primary location right here in our own backyard it's convienant as hell, and it's in some of the prettiest country I've seen in a while. Another added plus is I hooked up with a fellow SHWW member at the course and found a possible teammate for future comps. The price is pretty reasonable and that coupled with the convenience of the location make this an unbeatable value and resource for us here in WA. Anyway just wanted to let you guys know. So now when's the next local comp and Mkollman74 you shoot I'll call!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to make a quick post about my experiences at the magpul dynamics precision rifle course. (formerly central cascade precision) guys if you haven't taken a course with caylen you really should look into it. The course of fire was awesome unknown distance targets of various size out to 1200+. Excellent instruction, in the class I took caylen had to cater to a variety of shooting abilities from industry pro's to average enthusiasts to a guy who clearly had no idea what he was getting into. Everybody walked away a better shooter. With the primary location right here in our own backyard it's convienant as hell, and it's in some of the prettiest country I've seen in a while. Another added plus is I hooked up with a fellow SHWW member at the course and found a possible teammate for future comps. The price is pretty reasonable and that coupled with the convenience of the location make this an unbeatable value and resource for us here in WA. Anyway just wanted to let you guys know. So now when's the next local comp and Mkollman74 you shoot I'll call! </div></div>

Hey All -

I was in this class with Daps! and the best I can do is to say "DITTO" to what he has so eloquently said. Caylen and the Magpul team were top shelf. Caylen is a skilled and patient instructor. Anyone who takes his course will walk away with additional skills and knowledge. Caylen made it clear that having taken his course he is a resource that is only a phone call or an e-mail away... He is a stand up gentleman.

Meeting Daps! was another benefit. The man can shoot, and I had a great time hangin' with him after class and between courses of fire. Just reinforces for me that shooters are by and large a great breed of folks.

Daps! - Shooting or spotting I am am your guy, brother! I'll shoot with you anytime.

Hey, guys, & gals. Tibor, & I are heading up to shoot where BSC was on Sun AM for a day of bangin steel. May have a new guy come along with his new 300RUM if he can make it. Capt. Kirk, you're welcome to join us there on Sunday. We'll be up there about 11:00 +/-. Anyone else want to join us let me know.

While I was waiting around TSI's last match in E-Burg, I talked to someone with an Eberestock back pack, & he said it might be for sale. I don't remember who it was, but I'm interested. So let me know what pack it was, & how much. (I'm really hoping it's a GS2) Thanks.

BK was trying one out that was Team-Send-It's,if I recall correctly. However, my memory is failing, among other things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BK was trying one out that was Team-Send-It's,if I recall correctly. However, my memory is failing, among other things. </div></div>

this is true i was testing one for a retailer, however mine had a factory defect so it had to go back after the match.

if you want a good deal on one jeff look up ceylon here on the hide and tell him i sent you he will hook you up.

deltaoutdoorsman.com

OK. Thanks. I was wanting to get one from a SHWW guy if it was still around. Have already contacted ceylon , & will get it from him.
Anyone else wanting to come out to Acme tomorrow?
Anyone else wanting to do some ELR action on 7/2?
So far I'm only counting on jcvibby, myself, & possibly Tribe, & Mayday.

I have a leather cheekpiece that is built to fit a Manners T4 stock. It is sort of a reddish brown color and raises your eye up about a half inch. Free to anyone in the WA shooters group.

10:08AM: Cheekpiece has been spoken for. I'm just waiting to hear where to send it.

Latest up for sale.

Kimber Advanced tactical 8400
leupold 3.5-10 x 40 with illuminated reticle and mark 4 rings
harris bipod.
IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

If you've ever read anything about this rifle then you know they are tack drivers 3100 total for everything pictured.

is anyone interested in getting a group together for a mini suppresor group buy from Thunderbeast arms 30p1 cans?

I think it would be awesome if in are support of the new suppresor law that we have a match where everybody has to use one.

sidenote if you want a 308 can but dont want to pay a grand for a titanium one i will be selling my gemtech hvt (300wm rated) for cheap.

You know I'd be in..... but I already am
wink.gif

Have we nailed down the date when we can officially/legally go hot with these things yet?

On another note.... can any of you guys school me on the when's & the why's to anneal....

I'm at 8-9 firings of my 300wm brass... never annealed... shot over an actually functioning chrono the other day, and was getting an ES of 70+fps in just five rounds....
eek.gif
.... I do believe this may explain some frustrations I've been having at extended range as of late....

I've got 1,500+ rds through this barrel... my last one went 3k.... from the poking around I've done, and just gut feel... I suspect the brass, and I'm wondering if annealing would cure my ills....

Tribe. I started anealing since my new brl @ every 3rd firing. I noticed a drastic reduction on the pressure needed to resize the necks, & have a more uniform seating pressure too. Don't know about brass life yet as I still have a few hundred to go through before I go for a 4th firing, but so far my experience is positive.
I clean the necks outside of as much carbon as I can, & chuck them in my trimming arbor,(I use a scotchbrite pad) & give them a count of 12 sec in the propane(I use my cordless drill) with the tip of the blue just @ the shoulder, & let them cool for a few minutes. Then it's into the tumbler for a good cleaning. I do 20-30 at a time, & FLS them, along with the IT belt sizer @ this stage. I'm hoping that I can go back to neck sizing again after that for another 3 firings, & do it again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">23rd is the date I'd been hanging on to... just looking for actual intel.
wink.gif
</div></div>

It actually goes into effect on the 22nd.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Effective date 7/22/2011.</div></div>