• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Please excuse my ignorance. To clarify,

Precision rifle is a bolt gun or something for long range accuracy.

Carbine is a AR type semi auto rifle.

Pistol is of course I pistol. I figured that out. LOL.

Is the correct??

If I go to this match would I have to have all of the following???

"carbine" is a little brother version of a larger (full size rifle).
If this follows like last years team event, one member shot carbine and the other shot long rifle--bolt or otherwise

OH yeah, I wanted to show of my new .284 weapon of choice.

Spec are as follows:

Left Handed rem 700 trued and squared
Benchmark 1.9 twist sendero contour with CSR muscle brake
Manners T5 with the long action chasis gap camo
USO 3.2-17X44 TPAL sitting in Badger USMC 34mm rings
USO swivel bubble level
Badger CSI
Harris 6-9 swivel bipod with podlock
Tac Ops left handed multicam stock pack

All barrel work done by the Men at benchmark barrels

288czt1.jpg

xbukw.jpg

15x1h1t.jpg

2qnpi5f.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blurry6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry brotha all you. i may be getting a grendel for this one or some ar10 variant. 50gr vmax aren't going to cut it this year. </div></div>

If you're thinkin' a Grendel, you might look into that Les Baer ".264 LBC-AR",... same brass, n' ammo but without extended throat leade of the Grendel. From what I hear, these are pretty slick. I like my Grendel(s), but my next barrel is gonna be one of these,... just a thought
laugh.gif

Ry</div></div>

that sounds awesome it also sounds like something i can't afford, let me know if your grendel is going to hit the chopping block i might be interested, would have to get rid of your crazy brake but thats not a biggie.

yes we are still a go for the 15th assuming there isn't another winter storm warning for the date, consider it a go unless you hear otherwise.

Jake the new rifle looks awesome. if i make it back in time from oregon i will see you and Bigs up on the mountain.

Brian that would be real nice. It would be fun to shoot with you again. Your new rig has some new peices to it as well. Looks pretty sick.

Hey guys, could I get some input? Been thinking about the match in march. I'm wondering if having a scope with some kind of ranging reticle would be mandatory to have any kind of success.

The Nikon I have now is a duplex reticle. I've been saving the pennies for a Vortex PST, but not sure if they will be out, or I'll have the $$ with enough time to shoot with one.

I appreciate any advice you might have, thanks.

hey mike , it was good to meet you in the frozen north . hope you made it back over the pass ok.
it might be a good idea to look into look into a scope that has a reticle that matches the turrets , i like the bushnell 4200 3-12 mil / mil ffp , and also the fixed 10x 3200 mil/ mil . makes it easier to know how much to correct if you miss the 1st shot [ i need this alot ]
shocked.gif
adam

Adam, thanks for the reply, I know I need?(want?) to upgrade. Not sure the best route to go, I know alot of guys speak highly of the Bushnell. Trying to decide which way to go.

Enjoyed the day even w/o shooting, better than being stuck at home watching TV. No problems getting home. I grew up in Alaska, snow and ice on the roads was an every day thing about 5 months out of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH yeah, I wanted to show of my new .284 weapon of choice.

Spec are as follows:

USO swivel bubble level
Badger CSI

15x1h1t.jpg

</div></div>

That is damn sexy!!!!

that is a sweet looking rifle jake , i know it will be a shooter with the benchmark barrel , but i have to ask: how do you make that eagle stock pack work for you ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rock-N-Ruin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH yeah, I wanted to show of my new .284 weapon of choice.

Spec are as follows:

USO swivel bubble level
Badger CSI

15x1h1t.jpg

</div></div>

That is damn sexy!!!! </div></div>

Adam, i just adjusted the straps to fit around the butt. I have to play with it for a while so it would work right. I also have to raise the stock pack about a half an inch to get a perfect sight picture. Under the stock pack is a 1/2 peice of hig density styrofoam. Works perfectly now.

thats a great set up . i may have to reset your scope zreo when your not looking so i have a chance at the TBRC
grin.gif

i will answer for adam yes he got in he was on the waiting list but luckily somebody dropped out and bamm now we have 4

have you had a chance to get a load worked up yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, could I get some input? Been thinking about the match in march. I'm wondering if having a scope with some kind of ranging reticle would be mandatory to have any kind of success.

The Nikon I have now is a duplex reticle. I've been saving the pennies for a Vortex PST, but not sure if they will be out, or I'll have the $$ with enough time to shoot with one.

I appreciate any advice you might have, thanks.

</div></div>
i have a extra bushnell 3-12 ffp if you want to use it on the 15th jan.? let me know maybe i can ship it to you so you can spend alittle time with it before the match. let me know i would be happy to let you give it a trial run.

also if any of you local guys want to shoot but don't have a rifle ready give me a hollar i won't be shooting and could let you run my sako trg 22. if this is something you have been wanting to get into but haven't had chance to try hopefully this will encourage you to give it a shot.

Thanks, that would be sweet! I'd dig trying out your Bushnell. I'll shoot you a PM to work out the details to get it.

scott I have not got a load worked up yet. Still loading some stuff up and will shoot on tuesday.

Caught word from Bootneck and he still has a pulse!!!
laugh.gif

How many people would be interested in a full tilt run what you bring 5 mile match? Going to check out the logistics of such a match now that hunting seasons out here are done. But a real no bullshit number of competitors that would be willing to test themselves is needed to get a scope for how much land would be needed. Looking around 10-20 people max, it would be overnight away from your vehicles though so no sand in the vagina.

Not sure on the cost involved but it would be less than $100 for sure. So if you would like to use all your gear and find out what gear you don't actually need to carry please PM me and say so. Looking at March or April timeframe, with lots of UKD and improvised field position shooting Long Range Rifle as a team (two shooters shooting against eachother but working together).

now thats what im talking about!!!! i would love that. i hope the weather is just nasty
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would be interested you pussies. </div></div>

douche'......I mean touche'

probably the later the better for the 5 mile course, better chance of less fog which is really a bummer for spotting long range targets.

HEY Y'ALL!!!!!
i am back in the states as i noticed my old man posted... can't wait to get back to washington and start throwing lead down range again.

that 5 mile match is the timeframe when i would be getting transferred if i am in wa and kinda settled i would be game

Ditch82....first off. Thank you very much for your service to our country.

Secondly....you gotta be able to beat your oldman's 'stash!!!
grin.gif
I have tried but as soon as I get it about 1/8" long my wife stops contact with me!!!

Thought I would check in as I have been AWOL for a while.
Slight change in personal circumstance but all is well.
I have signed up for Scotts Jan shoot so look forward to getting back into it..lets see if the 6.5L and I can still hit anything!
Have a great Christmas and New Year.
Mike

Just a quick heads up for the day after X-Mas:

Machias Range 9:30am Start time

DECEMBER 26 (SUN): 500YDS ANY RIFLE/ANY SIGHT, PRONE OR BENCHREST - ALL ARE WELCOME

I believe the cost is $5

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a quick heads up for the day after X-Mas:

Machias Range 9:30am Start time

DECEMBER 26 (SUN): 500YDS ANY RIFLE/ANY SIGHT, PRONE OR BENCHREST - ALL ARE WELCOME

I believe the cost is $5
</div></div>

local guys machias is a great range covered, they even have wood stoves going to keep your digits warm. plus you get somebody marking your target which is really helpful.

great for load development and range confirmation, if i didn't have a basketball tournament i would be going for sure.

Just wanted to wish everyone here on SHWW group a very Happy Christmas. I hope that everyone has a chance to be with either friends or family this holiday season and that the New Year brings good to all.
Marty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah your 7 foot
smile.gif

</div></div>

Yeah but we are both white guys so.....heigth is not always a gaurenteed basketball skill. But the 5 o clock shadow by 8:30 am is always a sign of skills on the court!!!

Scott....we are looking at swapping insurance from Farmers so let me know what info you need for a quote please, I can fax the current info if you want.

Everybody make sure to check your lady's gifts to make sure you didn't get her a bowling ball that reads "Homer".
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah your 7 foot
smile.gif

</div></div>

Yeah but we are both white guys so.....heigth is not always a gaurenteed basketball skill. But the 5 o clock shadow by 8:30 am is always a sign of skills on the court!!!

Scott....we are looking at swapping insurance from Farmers so let me know what info you need for a quote please, I can fax the current info if you want.

Everybody make sure to check your lady's gifts to make sure you didn't get her a bowling ball that reads "Homer".
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Honestly i am better basketball player than shooter.

Joe i pm'ed you details on how we can figure out your insurance dilemma.