• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I had a great time. I talked my wife into shooting as well, and she had a great time too. The match was tough, we had only a few "normal" prone stages, and lots of shooting with sticks and off stumps and all.

Here are a few pics I took:

2011-04-30120957.jpg

2011-04-30121015.jpg

2011-04-30125815.jpg

2011-04-30163625.jpg

From the command fire UKD stage:

2011-04-30181043.jpg

For the first hour it just rained hard on us, I had to break out the poncho and waterproof pants. But as the day went on the weather got better and better, I had the pleasure of spending my day with Market Garden, and his missus, Danska, AKmike and Mayday. Jeff had nine interesting stage of fire, (ps any potential BSC shooters, learn how to use the sling). Shooting off stumps, shooting off stumps using sticks, shooting weak side of stumps, shooting through a vehicle window frame. The prone stage of fire had three interesting targets to engage, the command fire stage was very well run by Tibor, but I think everyone assumed the target size was one mil, when it was actually just a little less. All in all another well organised match put on by Jeff, thanks again for your hard work and to your helpers Ed and Tibor.

Thanks Jeff for making the HERCULEAN effort to put on the BSC III yesterday - it was a LOT of fun and I'm sure was a LOT of work to put together! Sorry I couldn't stick around to BS after the final stages were shot, but I was already running considerably late for a B-Day Bash of a friend (didn't pull out of there 'til a little after 8pm and didn't get to the Bash 'til 10pm). I hope that Chris (Benchmark Barrels) was able to pick up my T-Shirt - I'll wear it proudly.

It was good to see and meet so many new folks show up there and old friends as well. Hopefully, next time I'll actually get in the running to win.

Bummer about stage #9 being thrown out of the final tally,... It was the ONE stage that I actually won against the group of heavy-hitters I was shooting with (3/4 @ 1250 yards & 3/4 @ 1300 yards),... I just had to brag about that stage as it TOTALLY made my day
smile.gif

Thanks again, I look forward to the next one!

Ryan

Thanks Jeff, Tibor, and Ed for another great match. It was a pleasure meeting some new faces, and shooting with you all. As Marty already said the weather was pretty wet for the first part of the match, but i guess i shouldn't be surprised. Shot pretty good for the day besides the dreaded paper target stage. Shooting with a sling standing, kneeling, sitting, and prone/no support was a make or break you deal, and it broke me. Shooting with a sling will become part of my practice routine from now on.

Thanks again Jeff for all your hard work. It was a very well thought out and challenging course of fire this year, not quite as diabolical as last year
sick.gif
, its always interesting to shoot in positions most of us rarely practice.

As far as the weather which called for 57 and sunny.....at least it didn't rain all day.

Kirk R

Thank you all for coming out, & you're welcome. As much work as it is to get something like this going, I also have fun, & am glad to see everyone shooting, & having a good time. Tribe finally got to "see" my shooting lands today. He had been up there a few times in pouring rain, & wind, &/or heavy fog, but today it was beautiful, & warm. We did some testing on the Hornady 225's I'm trying out, & they did well @ 1200, & 1300 yds in less than ideal winds. Then I ran them through the Command Fire stage. We also had to change out his alternator too, but that wasn't much of a thing.
Thanks for posting the pics. I wish I could get to all the stages to take some myself, but that just don't happen.
As for the "issue" @ stage 9. I did go up there to investigate, & came to the conclusion that it was total B-S! But since everyone didn't get to finish the stage I thought it best to just scratch it. Congrats to everyone that made hits way out there, Good Shooting!
Also I want to get some Congtats to the winners. They did some phenomenal shooting , & got some cool stuff. Some that I wouldn't have minded keeping for myself...
I also want to give a BIG shout out to the vendors who donated gear for the match.

Bench Mark Barrels
Tactical Tailor
Impact Data Books
Burlington Wholesale Sports
Kesselrings Gun Shop.

Again, Thank You all for coming, & I look forward to seeing you all again.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 20pt"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">My Practice Field of Dreams </span> </span> </span> </span>

practicefieldofdreams057.jpg

~400 yards to steel

practicefieldofdreams056.jpg

The new to me stick

practicefieldofdreams036.jpg

Damn trespassers...gotta keep the bench covered HA

practicefieldofdreams062.jpg

Dont hit the powerlines/ South property line ~980 to steel

practicefieldofdreams065.jpg

Tonight I shot over them at the targets and they just gave me a dirty look.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Now if I could just learn to shoot
laugh.gif
</span>

Finally got that rat bastard...... Nice.

Bigs... thanks so much for sticking around, and letting me, T & A (
wink.gif
) shoot with you today... nice to finally SEE the place! Although, the dark cloud did seem to come in a different form this time around.... I sure appreciate all of the help getting me up and running again... these untimely car problems are starting to make me wonder.... ....sabotage.... conspiracy....???? "Just because you're paranoid... doesn't mean they're not after you...."
whistle.gif

Sure wish I could have been at the match... but even though I missed it, I want to give a holler to Benchmark Barrels & Tactical Tailor.... those guys have been coming up big at all of our local shoots.... and it doesn't go un-noticed.... it is much appreciated.

See ya' all... or at least, the lucky ones.... at Kettle Falls! Whoot!

Get some.

Tribe...it's the yard of my rental home away from home. <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> Pretty Sweet Eh?</span> </span> </span> Bout an hour SE of Kettle Falls
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How'd it go gang? </div></div>

Well, it rained on us for the first hour or two. dried up some but never really got to the predicted "57 and sunny".
At the first stage I missed 'em all. After that, I found out my scope ring crossbolts were loose, so I snugged them down. After tht, I still couldn't hit shit. I think my scope shit the bed. I didn't hit hardly anything all day, and at the 240/510/290 yard stage I had to dial 7 MOA right wind, in nearly calm conditions, to hit. WTF? Then at the next stage, 100 yards, I had Pat M spot for me, and I was about 2.5 MOA right at 100 yards. Right aftrer being off 7 MOA. I dialed in 2 MOA left, and impact moved about an inch. So I dialed over another 1.5 left, and was close. Rezeroed my windage knob and proceeded to miss like hell. For the last two stages, I dialed what I thought it should be, shot, and then held off to counter the scope's wandering. Sucked to say the least, and I was madder 'n' hell all day. Shoulda just taken a DNF/Equipment Failure, but didn't. Came in dead last with about a 10% hit ratio.
Very disappointing. I blew a couple stages last year, figured out what I did wrong, and finished in 4th place. Had hoped to do better this year.
(On another note, FTE ballistics program can kiss my ass. After refusing to save data all day (ambient conditions) and just being wonky all day, at the next to last stage it gave me an error message and locked up. I downloaded KAC Bulletflight and will delete f#$%n FTE.)
I was talking about the match to my friend last night, and he told me that when we were shooting two weekends ago he noticed an audible klunk when turning the power ring. Says he told me about it, but I guess I didn't hear him. Awww crap.
Going to shoot a box test, take the scope off and check all mounting hardware, reinstall, and shoot another box test. I dunno which will be worse, a bad scope or shooter dumbassedness.

Either way, it was a good match, and I'll be there next year. Watch out, I'm coming back to get even!

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who won and who placed??? </div></div>

Maybe Jeff will post the results after decompressing, I'm sure he had a long weekend.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How'd it go gang? </div></div>

Well, it rained on us for the first hour or two. dried up some but never really got to the predicted "57 and sunny".
At the first stage I missed 'em all. After that, I found out my scope ring crossbolts were loose, so I snugged them down. After tht, I still couldn't hit shit. I think my scope shit the bed. I didn't hit hardly anything all day, and at the 240/510/290 yard stage I had to dial 7 MOA right wind, in nearly calm conditions, to hit. WTF? Then at the next stage, 100 yards, I had Pat M spot for me, and I was about 2.5 MOA right at 100 yards. Right aftrer being off 7 MOA. I dialed in 2 MOA left, and impact moved about an inch. So I dialed over another 1.5 left, and was close. Rezeroed my windage knob and proceeded to miss like hell. For the last two stages, I dialed what I thought it should be, shot, and then held off to counter the scope's wandering. Sucked to say the least, and I was madder 'n' hell all day. Shoulda just taken a DNF/Equipment Failure, but didn't. Came in dead last with about a 10% hit ratio.
Very disappointing. I blew a couple stages last year, figured out what I did wrong, and finished in 4th place. Had hoped to do better this year.
(On another note, FTE ballistics program can kiss my ass. After refusing to save data all day (ambient conditions) and just being wonky all day, at the next to last stage it gave me an error message and locked up. I downloaded KAC Bulletflight and will delete f#$%n FTE.)
I was talking about the match to my friend last night, and he told me that when we were shooting two weekends ago he noticed an audible klunk when turning the power ring. Says he told me about it, but I guess I didn't hear him. Awww crap.
Going to shoot a box test, take the scope off and check all mounting hardware, reinstall, and shoot another box test. I dunno which will be worse, a bad scope or shooter dumbassedness.

Either way, it was a good match, and I'll be there next year. Watch out, I'm coming back to get even!

1911fan </div></div>
.....so other than that.... it went well?
laugh.gif

Just wanted to add my thanks again to Jeff, Tibor and Ed. I had a great time. Best results for me in a comp. so far, made me feel like I'm making progress at the sport. It was great to meet some folks I'd not met before and catch up with others.

Thanks also to the sponsors, some very nice prizes for those deserving shooters.

Honestly. I forgot to write the wining finishers down. & right now as @ the end of the match my brain was a little fuzzy.
blush.gif

As best as I can recall after the "issue" with the last group @ stage 9, & tallying the results, I don't remember who placed, other than 1st was Bench Mark Ron's buddy. Ron placed 4th, & I think Kirk, & Lucas were 2nd, & 3rd. I may be wrong, & I'm sure someone can, & will correct me if I am. I remember that Market Garden was stoked to have finished ahead of his wife...( I doubt he could ever live that down.)
wink.gif

So I'll let the shooters brag about their standings after the match, & hope the weather will dry out enough for me to get my camper off loaded without sinking my truck in my lawn...
I am also thinking about hosting a small ELR gathering some time during the summer. Targets could range from the 1300yd I have already out to over 2000yd, & possibly even 3000yds.Obviously this would be for those who have equipment to reach that far, & some spectators would be welcome. I would make a weekend out of it so we don't have to feel rushed, & just hang out, shoot, & have fun.
Any way. Sorry for blowing the results. Someone with a smoother running brain than mine was Sat. night will have to confirm the winners for me.
Thanks to all again, & I hope to see you again next time.

CaptainKirk took 2nd (very close race for 1st)

I cam in 10th
AlanH came in 11th (also very close)

Alan & Kirk were the camera guys on our group, so hope they will post some more pics.

(next year i'm dragging out the 300wm again)

I was 5th and Brian (sorry, I forget his last name) was 6th.

Thanks again to Jeff and Tibor and Ed!

muliemanddan was the winner, to bad he is a piece of work and us local benchmark guys are never going to hear the end of it!!!

He also says he is going to kick everyone's ass at kettle falls!!!

Thanks scott. you really know how to throw me under the bus. That was a lot of fun thanks jeff for setting it all up. And thanks to benchmark for the door prize

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold? Battery powered devices fail. </div></div>

Scope's not battery powered. Ballistic FTE was on my iPhone. Interesting though, when I downloaded KAC I also got an update for FTE but haven't messed with it yet.

1911fan

Diggs.... as I was saying...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4b1d10iYpM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4b1d10iYpM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold? Battery powered devices fail. </div></div>

Scope's not battery powered. Ballistic FTE was on my iPhone. Interesting though, when I downloaded KAC I also got an update for FTE but haven't messed with it yet.

1911fan </div></div>
YO homie, Was the scope a Leupold? Not "the scope was battery powered". There were 2 (two) topics.
And yes I'm picking on you, 'cause I can. :)

You got it right Jeff... I was happy taking 3rd with a 308, the rifle was perfect all day (experimental two-groove benchmark barrel), the shooter had a few issues. Next time I'm going to kick muliemadman's butt
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, it was my Nightforce.</div></div>
Nightforce? Ouch, that just plain stings (besides being the first I've ever heard of an NXS taking a dump. It was an NXS, right? Not a Nightforce Bench Rest scope?

I attended a different shooting event and fired a .50 BMG to my heart's content. I also got to watch a Burris "Tactical" billed to handle a .50 BMG take a dump. Windage? Who needs to dial windage?
laugh.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">1st place -</span> muliemandan1 (Dan)
<span style="font-weight: bold">2nd place -</span> Captain Kirk (Kirk)
<span style="font-weight: bold">3rd place -</span> Landcbeitber (Lucas)
<span style="font-weight: bold">4th place -</span> Ron, Benchmark Barrels
5th - Market Garden (Craig)
6th - Mayday
7th - Chris, Benchmark Barrels
8th - mjh (Marty)
9th -
10th - Pat M (Pat)
11th - Alan H (Alan)
12th - akmike (Mike)
13th -
14th -
15th - Laurel (Laurel)
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -

I can fill in the blanks if folks want to post names and user handles

Kirk R

I was actually 5th place. My name is Craig. 15th place went to Laurel (her user name is also Laurel, but she never posts)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was actually 5th place. My name is Craig. 15th place went to Laurel (her user name is also Laurel, but she never posts) </div></div>

Way to go Craig.. What about mattj?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was actually 5th place. My name is Craig. 15th place went to Laurel (her user name is also Laurel, but she never posts) </div></div>

Way to go Craig.. What about mattj?</div></div>

Matt wasn't able to make it to the match.
frown.gif

It sounds like a good time was had by all, I wish I could have been there.
Hopefully I can get my USO zeroed and make the next one

Kirk, eight place for me, and congrats to Dan, yourself, Lucas and Ron.
Marty
and once again thanks to Jeff, Ed and Tibor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
19th -

I can fill in the blanks if folks want to post names and user handles

Kirk R </div></div>

That'd be me. Dammit.

1911fan

Hey Capt. Kirk, thanks for putting the list together. I guess I didn't realise how tired I was, 'till I had a few days rest. Most of my help from the last BSC's aren't around any more, so I did almost all the work myself this time. Next time I'll need some volunteer's to help set things up.
I still have an XL shirt left over, so if you ordered one, & didn't get it, let me know, & I'll ship it to you. Or if you want one, we can arrange something. I think the company let me have an extra, so It's for whoever wants it first.
Also still thinking about a ELR shoot sometime this summer, so anyone have any interest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Capt. Kirk, thanks for putting the list together. I guess I didn't realise how tired I was, 'till I had a few days rest. Most of my help from the last BSC's aren't around any more, so I did almost all the work myself this time. Next time I'll need some volunteer's to help set things up.
I still have an XL shirt left over, so if you ordered one, & didn't get it, let me know, & I'll ship it to you. Or if you want one, we can arrange something. I think the company let me have an extra, so It's for whoever wants it first.
Also still thinking about a ELR shoot sometime this summer, so anyone have any interest?</div></div>
Bigs, I'd be interested in taking a poke at it... if timing were to work out.

Yeah, that be fun! I'd like to stretch out my 338LM sometime. What kind of ranges were you thinking of shooting?

Ryan