• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

A quick thanks to Carl, the RSO's and all the rest of the crew behind the scenes. We bad a great time. Always something new to learn and people to meet. More later from a real keyboard. A huge thank you to the WA crew for the optical assistance.
Must post TSI in his pink glory.
2011-05-14_10-58-36_277.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude..... i really don't want this to get weird in any way... the first time I saw you and your brother shoot, you two became the model for me ... </div></div>
I figured if I misquoted, cut and pasted this enough, I could make this really creepy!
sick.gif
Actually I just "have" to give Tribe a hard time for doing so well.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

so when is the next SHWW shoot?

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> I'm kinda partial to huckleberry, strawberry-rhubarb or marionberry pies... Guess I better find someone to partner with and attend Kettle next year, since I'm so close.

Was TSI totally color coordinated and had matching underwear and socks to go with the shirt?
laugh.gif
</span>

Ranger.... with friends like these.....
laugh.gif

Dibbs... Scott & Lucas were sporting matching pink "Billy Burger" shirts, a joint we stopped at on the way in... pretty darn funny givin' the context... but yeah... you kinda' had to be there to appreciate it....

I don't think I'd ever put strawberry OR rhubarb on any pie..... Sardines and Spam for my buddy Tyler....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sardines and Spam for my buddy Tyler</div></div>
I hope you guys made him sleep outside. I can still smell the spam and mustard sardines. That shit was rank but I'm sure it kept the bugs away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">even if at least one of you is off the Christmas card list for letting the other half fall in love with that danged AI AW</div></div>
Farmchick,
I still want my Christmas Card!

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> Billy Burgers from Wilbur!! </span>Ya I've had a couple of those. Shit I would have cooked you guys something from the roadkill cafe. Tribe, you were only a couple miles from my piece of paradise...just a little off the beaten path from Loon Lake/395 jct (I bet you don't like granny smith apples either, eh?) Nuttin better for a caramel apple!! </span>

Will there be any shoots going on around Puget Sound for the remainder of the month? Our moving truck should arrive in the next 48 hours, then I'll officially be moved in. I'm hoping to find some outdoors matches that go further than 50 yards. I have a couple of intermediate distance rifles (6.5 Grendel, 308, 260 Rem, 300 Win Mag), but nothing like a 50 BMG, Chey Tac or those types....yet.

Dibbs... sorry man... didn't even realize it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that neck of the woods... you are a lucky man
wink.gif

Unknown. Welcome. I don't know of any upcoming matches around the sound this year. Depending on weather, etc. I may host another match up here sometime in Aug. But I doubt it. There may be a match that TSI may host in Ellensburg, but haven't heard anything concrete yet. But if you want to drive north a few hrs, & shoot with me, & some other guys let me know. I have access to steel from anywhere between pistol-1300yd, & 1800-2000yd, & 3000yd up here. Kinda pretty too, if you can see it.

Guys is there any steel still hanging out at E-Burg, as for upcoming local matches, I am not sure unknown. A good sized group from SHWW are going to Norcal, so I don't think anything is planned for the next few weeks, unless some are interested in going to E-Burg one of these coming weekends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be any shoots going on around Puget Sound for the remainder of the month? Our moving truck should arrive in the next 48 hours, then I'll officially be moved in. I'm hoping to find some outdoors matches that go further than 50 yards. I have a couple of intermediate distance rifles (6.5 Grendel, 308, 260 Rem, 300 Win Mag), but nothing like a 50 BMG, Chey Tac or those types....yet.</div></div>

Team Send it may put together another match towards the end of june depends on how much work my teammate is willing to do since i get to be a single parent for 2 weeks in june while my wife finishes up her masters degree. We may also have a hunting type course in august/september ( less targets more miles on foot), this one would probably be in moses lake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys is there any steel still hanging out at E-Burg, as for upcoming local matches, I am not sure unknown. A good sized group from SHWW are going to Norcal, so I don't think anything is planned for the next few weeks, unless some are interested in going to E-Burg one of these coming weekends.</div></div>

you are correct there are at least 4 of us going to sacremento next weekend, but tribe and i still have a bunch of steel out in ellensburg. Enjoy it while it is there because in the next couple weeks i will be taking mine down so it doesn't dissapear this summer. sorry guys!!!

On the bright side the search for property continues, so if anybody hears of anything under million and over 150 acres let me know. I am going to check out a couple different ones later this month but it is always tough to tell without actually seeing them.

Thanks guys for the fun this weekend. Am trying to figure out how to make the KF shoot an annual thing. Think we drug the Seattle weather back with us....it has not stopped raining since we got home.

Was that a pepperoni - apple pie?

I had a piece of Rhubarb pie today, it was pretty sweet. But I am going out for a Sicilian pie right now, hard to beat the square.

Guy on the right is a buddy of mine by the name of Alex.
Infact he's the 2nd guy that stayed at my place 2 years ago with Tribe for the K.F. match of 2009

I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a smith in western Washington who could punch out my .243 to an Ackley in a fairly short amount of time. I have e-mailed and called R Bros Rifles but haven't been able to get a hold of them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ummm, I haven't seen any emails or had any messages....maybe my phone is on the fritz. Depends on your timeframe on whether we can fit it in right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm, I haven't seen any emails or had any messages....maybe my phone is on the fritz. Depends on your timeframe on whether we can fit it in right now. </div></div>

Weird, pm sent

Hey guys, does anyone have a torque wrench around the lacey/olympia area that wouldn't mind helping me put a new stock on my rifle when it arrives in the mail?

I've gotta get around to buying one, one of these days.

Diggerline,

I have a few torque wrenches and am in the Olympia area daily. Let me know and we could meet up or you can swing down to the shop one evening and we can put it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, does anyone have a torque wrench around the lacey/olympia area that wouldn't mind helping me put a new stock on my rifle when it arrives in the mail?

I've gotta get around to buying one, one of these days. </div></div>
I'm also in the Lacey area and I have one you could use. Just shoot me a PM.

Daps, where about Lacey are you? I'm near the Amtrak station, at least until I go back to my last semester of school in Montana in august. It would be nice to be able to get out and shoot with some people a bit this summer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's shooting this weekend and where? I have an itch that needs scratching!</div></div>

dude if you have a bad itch i think you may want to have a doctor check out your man parts. last thing i want is to lay next to a guy with crotch rot.

On a less sarcastic note i am shooting this weekend but not sure if it will be local or in ellensburg. will let you know if its on the eastside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's shooting this weekend and where? I have an itch that needs scratching!</div></div>

dude if you have a bad itch i think you may want to have a doctor check out your man parts. last thing i want is to lay next to a guy with crotch rot.

On a less sarcastic note i am shooting this weekend but not sure if it will be local or in ellensburg. will let you know if its on the eastside. </div></div>
After all these years of being a pussy, now I have "man parts"? Guess I don't have to buy tampons any more ...
sick.gif

Yeah, if I could find my way back to that ellensburg spot on my own, or where ever steel targets are still up.

Me , AlanH, 1911fan are going to be practicing for Oregon shoot on Sunday at our local (East Wenatchee) range (some 200-300 barracade shooting and long (600-700 steel)

just our normal getting dope & practice stuff (? 22lr for cheap barrade stuff)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a smith in western Washington who could punch out my .243 to an Ackley in a fairly short amount of time. I have e-mailed and called R Bros Rifles but haven't been able to get a hold of them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks </div></div>

Try Benchmark in Arlington
arrgghhh don't have my phone on me to give you their number. #1 guys for sure! Lots here will say the same

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me , AlanH, 1911fan are going to be practicing for Oregon shoot on Sunday at our local (East Wenatchee) range (some 200-300 barracade shooting and long (600-1000 steel)

just our normal getting dope & practice stuff (? 22lr for cheap barrade stuff) </div></div>
got grid coordinates?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would that be this range?

Wenatchee Gun Club </div></div>

Not that range, they'll likely be at the North Central Washington Gun Club.....ncwgunclub.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daps, where about Lacey are you? I'm near the Amtrak station, at least until I go back to my last semester of school in Montana in august. It would be nice to be able to get out and shoot with some people a bit this summer. </div></div>
horizon pointe just down the road brother send me a PM we'll hook it up.

Thanks for the head's up, Jim. That has saved me a heck of a drive. I need to win the lottery and buy an old airstrip.

Just a shot in the dark. Anyone from the Bellingham area happen to know an Andrew R. Powers. Goes to Western. If you do get in touch with me, as I found his wallet while I was shooting today.

Ranger,

I'm going shooting this Monday. I don't know if you're free that day, but we're thinking of going to capitol forest. We're just going to do some plinking, but if we find any distance, I'll bring the Savage and you can show me a thing or two.

Also, is anyone in the Fort Lewis/Puyallup area that would be willing to show me how they do their reloading? I've got a few batches done, but would just like to see someone with more experience on how they do things. I'm loading 308 for a Savage 10FCP. I just sold my Lee dies and got a set of Redding competition dies and honestly am a little over my head.

How easy is it to find places to shoot, either a constructed range or open public land in WA, living in the Fort Lewis area?

I am not into comps, I prefer to go mid week with out crowds.

Thoughts of moving again, closer to home...Alaska.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How easy is it to find places to shoot, either a constructed range or open public land in WA, living in the Fort Lewis area?

I am not into comps, I prefer to go mid week with out crowds.

Thoughts of moving again, closer to home...Alaska.
Thanks
</div></div>
ITs not that bad I live near Lewis and it's about a 30 min drive to shoot 800 yds. If you only need 300 then Lewis has a pretty decent POW range.

It ain't easy. I spent days driving around in the mountains looking up every open road to find the areas I shoot in, & there's only 3 of them left now. Some have been over run with idiots, some have been closed due to said idiots, etc. Now I really only have 2 places to shoot, & one is snow bound most of the year.