• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">craig I will be in for a 8 lb jug and 2K primers </div></div>
What powder and what primers?

I would like H1000 possibly I would have to look to make sure and federal 210 match primers for sure.

Oh really travis? Sounds like a good combo

What about my edge? I'm shooting 300 Bergers, what powder?

anybody else wish they would have started/spent more time with a 308? i feel like my wind readind skills aren't up to par because i learned on calibers that buck the wind to well and don't show you as much error.

I am thinking of putting on my 308 barrel on my trg for a few months so that i pay more attention to conditions on every shot. i figure after i miss the first 10 shots i will start taking my time and focusing on the fundamentals.

What are your guys thoughts on my crazy idea?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sD8vwxhxKpA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sD8vwxhxKpA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-weight: bold">Far be it for me to dispense advice on this site</span>...as I'm just beginning to learn the game. However, I tend to be ANALytical, so I'll share my thoughts in regards to Team-Send-It using the .308 for a couple months. Certainly there's substantially more wind drift with a .308 than numerous other calibers. It would help to dope the wind...with a .308 Win. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">However</span></span>, if you aren't going to be shooting it in competition, then perhaps you're regressing or taking a nostalgic trip?

Wouldn't shooting the 7/300 WM or .243 for everything and getting to know your new sticks trajectory & drift intimately, better prepare you for competitions, and giving Tribe a run for his money at KF next year.
wink.gif
Ok, I've exceeded my time alotment, signing off </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody else wish they would have started/spent more time with a 308? i feel like my wind readind skills aren't up to par because i learned on calibers that buck the wind to well and don't show you as much error.

I am thinking of putting on my 308 barrel on my trg for a few months so that i pay more attention to conditions on every shot. i figure after i miss the first 10 shots i will start taking my time and focusing on the fundamentals.

What are your guys thoughts on my crazy idea? </div></div>

I'm really just getting back into longer range (past 600), and I'm primarily shooting my .308. I know I'll build a boomer in time,but for now the .308 is treatin' me right... I don't think your idea is crazy at all.

I'll be using mine at the Magpul Dynamics course I'm in June 17, 18, and 19. It'll be interesting for me to see how the shooter (me) rifle, ammo combo stacks up against other such combos.

Travis,

Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the help last week! The stock felt great shooting this weekend. Hopefully we can meet up for a shoot before too long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-weight: bold">Far be it for me to dispense advice on this site</span>...as I'm just beginning to learn the game. However, I tend to be ANALytical, so I'll share my thoughts in regards to Team-Send-It using the .308 for a couple months. Certainly there's substantially more wind drift with a .308 than numerous other calibers. It would help to dope the wind...with a .308 Win. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">However</span></span>, if you aren't going to be shooting it in competition, then perhaps you're regressing or taking a nostalgic trip?

Wouldn't shooting the 7/300 WM or .243 for everything and getting to know your new sticks trajectory & drift intimately, better prepare you for competitions, and giving Tribe a run for his money at KF next year.
wink.gif
Ok, I've exceeded my time alotment, signing off </span> </div></div>

I agree. I don't see changing the dope (cartridge) as a way to get better @ wind calls. Wind calls are a function of experience, paying attention to what the wind is doing between the rifle, & target. Looking for the current/currents in the air column & making adjustments for it.(dope) Now I do admit that a poorer performing cartridge will be more difficult to adjust for, & will require more experience to make it work tho. So I guess the premise is sound, if it forces the shooter to pay attention to the wind more. But distance will do the same thing with a high performance cartridge. I personally like the old adage that a "man who owns one rifle is verry good with it."
My .02

Howdy,
Does anyone know if Rattlesnake Mountail Shooting Facility by the Tri-cities Washington is putting on Mile shoots?
I google fu'd and cam up with a proposal they has.

thanks

On the COF for the Parma LRTR Match the first Sat in AUG 2011.
It is mostly steel and possibly some paper.
Max distance for steel is 900 yards-ish, max distance for paper is generally 500METERS.

Details prob won't be released until a week or 2 before the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-weight: bold">Far be it for me to dispense advice on this site</span>...as I'm just beginning to learn the game. However, I tend to be ANALytical, so I'll share my thoughts in regards to Team-Send-It using the .308 for a couple months. Certainly there's substantially more wind drift with a .308 than numerous other calibers. It would help to dope the wind...with a .308 Win. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">However</span></span>, if you aren't going to be shooting it in competition, then perhaps you're regressing or taking a nostalgic trip?
wink.gif
Ok, I've exceeded my time alotment, signing off </span> </div></div>

Shooting a 308 will definitely teach a guy to read wind and all other environmental condtions for sure. However it is more beneficial to practice with the caliber you will be competing with and learning what it does in all conditions. I still switch back to a 308 in practice every once in awhile, but its mainly at close range and working on form or shooting and FT/R type match. Definitely will remind you how much the other rounds cheat the wind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Shooting a 308 will definitely teach a guy to read wind and all other environmental condtions for sure. However it is more beneficial to practice with the caliber you will be competing with and learning what it does in all conditions. <span style="color: #006600">I still switch back to a 308 in practice every once in awhile, but its mainly at close range and working on form or shooting and FT/R type match.</span> Definitely will remind you how much the other rounds cheat the wind. </div></div>
+1
Your round is a wind cheater, but it doesn't beat the wind, so you will still have to shoot a few thousand rounds at distance to really get a feel for what it is doing.
Scott, IMHO you have had sooooo many rifles in so many different calibers, that you should pick one and just start puting the rounds down range, so you will get a feel for how the wind bends your trajectory in "that" rifle/caliber.
SScott

I shoot 308, 260 Remington and 300 Win mag. All three require doping wind. I think that practicing with what you already have, and learning each cartridge's individual wind bucking characteristics is very useful. Not only do I learn how the three different cartridges are effected by wind, but by learning them all I can have more information to cross compare with.

If you have only one cartridge, it makes doping wind much simpler. I think that learning MORE wind doping skills for a number of cartridges will help you out more in the long run.

For example, I know that a given wind velocity will move my 170 Lapua 308 bullet 8 inches at 600 yards. But if I switch to the 300 Win Mag using a 190 grain bullet at 2960FPS, I can cut the wind doping in half.

I shoot 308, 260 Remington and 300 Win mag. All three require doping wind. I think that practicing with what you already have, and learning each cartridge's individual wind bucking characteristics is very useful. Not only do I learn how the three different cartridges are effected by wind, but by learning them all I can have more information to cross compare with.

If you have only one cartridge, it makes doping wind much simpler. I think that learning MORE wind doping skills for a number of cartridges will help you out more in the long run.

For example, I know that a given wind velocity will move my 170 Lapua 308 bullet 8 inches at 600 yards. But if I switch to the 300 Win Mag using a 190 grain bullet at 2960FPS, I can cut the wind doping nearly in half.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What are your guys thoughts on my crazy idea?</div></div>

TSI...I would tell you to put your everyday barrel on the rifle, load a bunch of ammo, go to the range with someone and shoot in the wind. If the wind is not blowing don't waste your time or money, all you learn are the come-ups...and good technique. Why have 15 types of bullets and 10 powders when you can just use the same components and learn what your stuff does.

Burn up the barrel you have with the load you use, or if you want more wind effect to force you to read the wind, use a lighter, lower BC bullet going a bit slower. Set targets in locations that are not the same wind call, make them so you can see the impacts on a miss or use a large target and be truthful when you are not within 1 moa of center. You need to see the impact in someway so you can learn from it.

Have fun and burn powder...

Alright you guys caught me, yes i have caliber a.d.d. but at least i have decieded on a rifle platform (I darn sure love my trg).

Well it looks like 308 barrel is going to stay in the closet for now. I know the real key to improvement is practice, practice, practice. Damn i need to find some property so i can be at the range more often practicing

Scott, the closet is no place for a 308, just sell it and be done, get rid of that temptation lurking behind the door.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ida83704</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy,
Does anyone know if Rattlesnake Mountail Shooting Facility by the Tri-cities Washington is putting on Mile shoots?
I google fu'd and cam up with a proposal they has.

thanks </div></div>
Sorry...Not a clue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ida83704</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the COF for the Parma LRTR Match the first Sat in AUG 2011.
It is mostly steel and possibly some paper.
Max distance for steel is 900 yards-ish, max distance for paper is generally 500METERS.

Details prob won't be released until a week or 2 before the match.

</div></div>
Thank you.

Woot! got my scope, rings, and base in the mail today! I ended up going with the Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x mil/mil. Not a fancy high end one, but I figured it would get me into the mil dot game. Now to get it mounted up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woot! got my scope, rings, and base in the mail today! I ended up going with the Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x mil/mil. Not a fancy high end one, but I figured it would get me into the mil dot game. Now to get it mounted up! </div></div>
Sounds like an excuse to go shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, the closet is no place for a 308, just sell it and be done, get rid of that temptation lurking behind the door.</div></div>

marty its just a barrel not the whole rifle it will be fine, it got a nice coat of rem oil before being stowed away, alittle lube will let it do unamed things to itself while it is "in the closet"

Hey SHWW,

I am looking to sell my SPR actioned .243 and wanted to give you guys first shot at it. I bought it from Team-Send-It!!! last summer and put 81 rounds and a caribou hunt through it.

Specs as follows:
-FN SPR action with rail
-Tuned trigger, no creep and very nice brake.
-Standard Hinged Floor plate
- 24" Rock medium palma 8 twist barrel in .243 Win Match (started as a 6x47L and was re-chambered at 300 rounds to .243)
-Threaded 5/8-24 with Badger FTE brake
-HS Precision Stock with aluminum bedding block

Overall it is in pretty good condition. There are some scratches around the side of the trigger guard, and some where bi-pod was, but those are about the only noticeable ones I could find.

I apologize for the poor iPhone pictures. If you want to see anything else just let me know and I will try and get it for you.

2mhfs7o.jpg

2hdtw7c.jpg

eu4h9k.jpg

bi5utz.jpg

I am thinking $900, but feel free to make an offer, I won't get offended. Open to trades as well.

I would love to do a face to face, willing to drive just about anywhere in the western part of the state.

Also, I know I have probably forgotten something, so just ask.

(case not included)

To all,

I was offered and accepted a job today. I will have to relocate out of state. I'll make more details of this opportunity as I am officially authorized to.

This means that once again I've got to back track on something I've started.

I will not be available to deliver primers and powder as part of the SHWW group buy that I so wanted to. Yes that sucks and in more way than one. Sorry to start that and not be able to fulfill the role that I thought I could. My name is "mud", as they say.

At least I am no longer living off of your hard earned tax dollars. Glad to have this so called "paid vacation" over with.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Ranger-a hearty congrats on the new job-any new job is an accomplishment in this economy/market. You better get out here and shoot before you head to greener pastures. No need for apology on the group buy...shit you gotta do whats best for you and I hope everyone understands that. If not, that's their problem
wink.gif
.</span>

Well I finally took her out today only took one picture of a target though and that was the first one after getting her on paper.

15 rounds, adjusted after the two on the left.

IMG-20110609-00020.jpg

Well, I HAVE to do some shooting this weekend. As of tues. I'm stuck @ home puppy sitting 'till the 24th.
I was thinking I'd go up, & shoot some of the COF from BSCIII this weekend.
grin.gif

I thought about that, but they REALY don't like fire works, so I REALY don't think they will like my 300WM.

Aw shit Jeff, fix the pup up with some safety glasses and earmuffs.
laugh.gif
I broke a lab into gunfire & prepared him for hunting by taking him to the trap club, and leaving him in the pickup behind the shooting line. (Altho substantially more "crack" with a 300 WM than a 12 guage)

I'm going shooting sun out to about 850 in capital forest if anybody in the south sound wants to go I know it's short notice. Got a new scope sighted in it's time to play with her a bit. Anybody else feel like going?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey SHWW,

I am looking to sell my SPR actioned .243 and wanted to give you guys first shot at it. I bought it from Team-Send-It!!! last summer and put 81 rounds and a caribou hunt through it.

Specs as follows:
-FN SPR action with rail
-Tuned trigger, no creep and very nice brake.
-Standard Hinged Floor plate
- 24" Rock medium palma 8 twist barrel in .243 Win Match (started as a 6x47L and was re-chambered at 300 rounds to .243)
-Threaded 5/8-24 with Badger FTE brake
-HS Precision Stock with aluminum bedding block

Overall it is in pretty good condition. There are some scratches around the side of the trigger guard, and some where bi-pod was, but those are about the only noticeable ones I could find.

I apologize for the poor iPhone pictures. If you want to see anything else just let me know and I will try and get it for you.

2mhfs7o.jpg

2hdtw7c.jpg

eu4h9k.jpg

bi5utz.jpg

I am thinking $900, but feel free to make an offer, I won't get offended. Open to trades as well.

I would love to do a face to face, willing to drive just about anywhere in the western part of the state.

Also, I know I have probably forgotten something, so just ask.

(case not included)

</div></div>

Guys this is an awesome match ready rig for under a grand don't let this one make it to the board it won't make it an hour at his price

Almost forgot..... good luck to any of you Group guys hittin' Oregon this weekend..... Sounds like you'd better keep your eyes peeled!
laugh.gif

Ditto to the guys heading to Idaho.... Isn't that Iron Man Match going this weekend as well?

Shoot Straight!

I'll be heading up to shoot @ about 09:00 (be there about 10:00-10:30) in Acme tomorrow if any of you northern guys want to join me. Southerners are welcome too of course. I might shoot some of the stages from BSCIII, &/or go Long...Real LONG.