• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sundays monthly match :$25.00 fee. 45-50 rounds. Mover and moving elevated platform(40-50'up). </div></div>

Hmmm mmm-moving elevated platform. Now that sounds freekin interesting!
grin.gif

Shit-unfortunately I've got company coming this weekend .

Maybe I can sneek away Sunday.
wink.gif

I don't if this has been posted on here before, but i just found out that the kettle falls crew are building some moving targets that are now for sale. Please forward this to anyone/range that you think might be interested!! I have shot this system multiple times and it is durable and great fun/practice!!

http://inmotiontargets.com/

Just watched the video on the mover.

What a brilliant design. The fellow who came up with the original mechanical design of that thing must be a fucking genius.

Original thinkers like this are so hard to find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the video on the mover.

What a brilliant design. The fellow who came up with the original mechanical design of that thing must be a fucking genius.

Original thinkers like this are so hard to find.

</div></div>

Yes indeed Rory, pure genius.

I knew you would catch it.

I was just dogging Jim cause he's been so sensitive lately.

Not like him at all. Getting in touch with his feminine side I guess.

You think they would have changed something before they started bragging.

Those little bullets did good out @ 1500yd. Especially once I was watching the right white rock...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew you would catch it.

I was just dogging Jim cause he's been so sensitive lately.

Not like him at all. Getting in touch with his feminine side I guess.

You think they would have changed something before they started bragging. </div></div>
WTF? You said you like that side of me.

You freaked me out when you called from the airport to tell me you loved me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You freaked me out when you called from the airport to tell me you loved me.</div></div>

Jim told me he had a new girlfriend... didn't think he was much for the "long distance relationship" Rory! Does Sandy know?
smile.gif

Mike

Sandy is happy for us. Just a little weird.
eek.gif

How's my suppressor doing? Are you shooting Jims match this Sunday?

Rory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sandy is happy for us. Just a little weird.
eek.gif

How's my suppressor doing? Are you shooting Jims match this Sunday?

Rory </div></div>

Your suppressor is doing solid, sitting in a nice warm dry place waiting on the ATF...
smile.gif
I think I put 4 rounds through it a few months ago but other than that nothing and that was on a friends .308. Soon as I get my stock back this weekend and go re-zero my gun I'll take some pics of POI shifts for you Rory!

Unfortunately not shooting the monthly match this weekend, I'm headed out of town. Next one for sure though!
smile.gif

Mike

I had a minor bolt malfunction yesterday. (see below) The extractor broke and wedged everything in there pretty tight. I managed to remove the bolt, spent cartridge and broken extractor, but as you can see, the current state of things will make shooting the match this sunday difficult. So... anyone in Wenatchee area have a TIG machine?
blush.gif

IMG_0677.jpg

Crikey Taylor when you have a malfunction its go big or home. Reminds me of the problem I had with bolt many years ago, the mallet won. On a lighter note, just wanted to put this out there, there does seem to be a run on primers and powder. I can lay my hands on standard federal small and large rifle primers at reasonable prices, if I anyone is interested, just pm me.

Very minor, the pictures make it look like the bolt handle broke off the body, but in reality, they're just not attached anymore. I'm sure the two will kiss and make up here anytime. So Marty, any line on lightish (~55gr) .224 bulk bullets?

Nothing specific, just around 55gr and cheep. I've got a few (3-4) thousand .223/5.56 cases and the powder/primers, but nothing to spit with it. So Barnes, Sierra, Speer, Rainier, anything inexpensive and in bulk.

Anyone have an extra 5 lb Jug or two (same lot number preferably) of RL-17 collecting dust in their loading room? I'm working up a new handload , my results are looking somewhat promising, but I need to shoot some @ distance this weekend. I see powder valley has it in stock, but would like to save on shipping/hazmat if possible. I've got a few extra primers that I could use for partial trade on the deal if you're interested. I'll be @ Jakes shoot in a couple weeks, we could do a FTF. Drop me a PM Thanks.
wink.gif

I'm looking for Winchester .338 WinMag brass and 180gr Accubonds, and I'll be at the shoot Sunday.
If anyone's interested I've got some rifle cases for sale, single and double. PM me.

1911fan

Heads up gentlemen...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well isn't this interesting. It was just posted in another section. They're trying to end ALL private firearm sales in WA and require us to pay a $20 processing fee even if we have a CPL. They also would in effect be registering every weapon in the Federal database.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3881906#Post3881906

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1588.pdf</div></div>

I posted something like this in the other section:

So you need to be really sure who you sell any firearms to.

I wonder if gifts are covered in this proposed law. "He gave me a nice ripe orange, and I was so excited about getting a nice fresh piece of fruit, that I gave him a rifle to show my gratitude."

Another idea would be long term loans, or leases that aren't in the bill.

Criminals, of course, will do this with guns they buy on a street corner or steal. I don't understand how politicians don't understand the simple truth that criminals, by definition, don't obey the law.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I have some RL17 Craig

I'll have to check on Monday </div></div>

thanks Jake, let me know.

They have some at Powder Valley in stock FWIW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have an extra 5 lb Jug or two (same lot number preferably) of RL-17 collecting dust in their loading room? I'm working up a new handload , my results are looking somewhat promising, but I need to shoot some @ distance this weekend. I see powder valley has it in stock, but would like to save on shipping/hazmat if possible. I've got a few extra primers that I could use for partial trade on the deal if you're interested. I'll be @ Jakes shoot in a couple weeks, we could do a FTF. Drop me a PM Thanks.
wink.gif
</div></div>

These guys are gtg and their Hazmat is only $20:

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,4537.html

JtP put on a good match today, we all had fun until some a-hole (me?) broke the mover and the match was over. Good time, good company.
We had a manlift to shoot from, engage five targets on the way up, a different one at the top, and the five again on the way down.
Thanks Jim!

photo_zpsffa56620.jpg

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">There is a rally on February 13th at 0800 in the Capitol to try and combat HB 1588. </span>There's power in numbers and the more who attend the better. Please stay with in all applicable laws when carrying though.</span></span> </div></div>

Nice picture and looks like a great day for shooting a match !
Any other updates from it ?

Well, I think the mover was the last two stages, and after it broke before all shooters had completed the next-to-last stage the match was over. JtP's got the score sheets, I guess he could drop the last two stages and score accordingly.

Jim?

1911fan

Yeah, Jim dropped the last two stages and scored accordingly.

Shooter 5 took first place and won $50. Well is owed $50
JD took second
and I think mitchell and Matt tied for 3rd.

Not that there was any doubt, but there's a bunch of fucking morons in Olympia, (ala Patty Murry and Maria Cantwell clones). Please folks, particularly those on the west side of the state, call and email your representatives and ask them to oppose this proposal, and to keep it in committee and not let it on the floor.
I've had positive emails and responses to my emails from my eastern WA representitives in Olympia regarding <span style="font-weight: bold">2nd Amendment RIGHTS</span>, but not so much in DC.
wink.gif
Keep the pressure on!

You can't even shoot an "assault weapon" unless you're on your own personal property or a designated range, so no hunting or shooting on public land. You can't have an assault rifle and a semi-auto pistol on you at the same time either. That mean's no 3-gun unless you plan on using a wheel gun...

Good Afternoon!
I'm getting support for a shoot April 2 in Entiat, Wa up the crumb canyon rd, on the sunny side. It will be a 1 dayer with fluid, chicken and a shitter supplied. There will be a prize table as I have plenty of interest from vendors there. Round count will be 50-75 and shots will be in field conditions on ipsc steel and animal silhouette steel. The last match was capped at 32 and that was great, so it will be 32 guys again and open registration. I'm contemplating making it a potluck, thoughts? This will be set as a hunting/tactical style match. Calibers will be 300 wm and lower. Please encourage new shooters, this will be a great starting match but im still going to make you think and move. I will have 7 stages and finally entry will be $75
Thanks,
Chris
Benchmark Barrels
Any thoughts let me know, but this shoot is a go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't even shoot an "assault weapon" unless you're on your own personal property or a designated range, so no hunting or shooting on public land. You can't have an assault rifle and a semi-auto pistol on you at the same time either. That mean's no 3-gun unless you plan on using a wheel gun...</div></div>

Don't forget that if your bolt gun has a threaded barrel, it would be an "assault weapon"...