• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Just stumbled into this thread. Joined the forum not long ago and been on travel. I'm down on the southern border--White Salmon. Glad to hear there is thread dedicated to the State/region. I'll subscribe.

Or just do what I did years ago, & host one yourself.

I would also like you to host a match. Its been a while since that.

An ELR match would be awesome. Ill bring my 338 out for a day of fun!!

How much money is considered "BIG MONEY"??

Our match was I think $225.

But that's for 2 days of shooting, 150 targets set up, 23 stages over those two days.

4 gormet meals valuing $20 a meal easily.
all the snacks and water/sports drink to your hearts content.

place to camp,
Nightvision and suppressor demo
chance to ride in helicopters (sorry not this year)
and shoot weapons you only see on TV. (yes this year!!!)

All of a sudden, $225 is a "low money" comp, Am I right? OR right?

Sorry Jeff, not taking any offense to that, just trying to host a great match and work my butt off, and I don't even see that money as we donate it to the youth ranch. And I happen to be "over there".

A big goal I had was to make one of the matches "over there", Mine, affordable. Look at some of the premium matches across the country, prices are creeping up to the $300 range.

Jake. Please don't take the big money comment as derogatory. I was referring to the big difference between a match like yours, & Kettle Falls to one like mine. Mine was cheap, & cheesey. Yours is big, & awesome. I would have loved to shoot your match but I was not planning to be here. I was moving to Tx but some family issues have me stuck here for some time now. They just closed my spot in Acme last week so I'll be looking for another place to shoot during the winter.

All good Jeff, and no your matches are not cheesy!

What about that spot up in Winthrop? Can we shoot up there in the winter? What would it take to do something up there? say sometime in late june early july?

The spot up there is @ 5200' so unless everyone has a snow mobile it ain hapnin in winter. When its accessible depends on the snow pack. If its light we may be able to get up there in June or July. If its heavy it might be August. Its a beautiful spot. Used to hunt up there. Could stretch out a 20mm up there too if you want.

We'll see. I'm still hoping to move south, but it's not looking good now. My mom's back surgery was a lot more extensive than expected, & she may not recover enough for me to be able to leave. So my life is all up in the air right now. But I'd love to have a few guys up there for a weekend of shooting. Don't know about doing a full fledged match, but I don't know.

The spot up there is @ 5200' so unless everyone has a snow mobile it ain hapnin in winter. When its accessible depends on the snow pack. If its light we may be able to get up there in June or July. If its heavy it might be August. Its a beautiful spot. Used to hunt up there. Could stretch out a 20mm up there too if you want.

Let me know the next time you are headed up to Winthrop. I have two plates installed that ought to still be there, accessible on a logging road. They are about a half-day hike to get to so I'm planning on just leaving them up. AR500 and painted camo so they are hard to spot.

azyvuped.jpg

I have some powder I dont need if anyone here can use it. Both are unopened.

$100 each
5lb of Reloader 19
5lb of Reloader 25 - SPF to DIBBS

Trades -
DPMS name brand ar10 10rd mags
XDS mags
Hornady 140bthp or 140amaxs
Factory 65creedmoor 140amax ammo
22lr

Will be at Chris's match in February at Vantage or I live around Cle Elum if you would like to come pick it up.

Last edited:
Just stumbled into this thread. Joined the forum not long ago and been on travel. I'm down on the southern border--White Salmon. Glad to hear there is thread dedicated to the State/region. I'll subscribe.

Welcome to the group Pinto45 ! Lots of great people on here so its good you found it.

registered as sgm, i am new to snipers hide, new to computers and only couple of years on the tac sene but not new to shooting so i am hoping to get a little slack about my typing and computer skils. i live off hyw 101 sw of oly. im always looking for somone to shoot with. i have out to 700yrd shooting range[with steel] and one at 1160yds any one in my area want to just do some shooting?

I heard a rumor, and I'm not at all certain that it's true, but there is talk of moving the SUPERBOWL to SATURDAY if the weather forecast in NY on Sunday is too negative (big storm predicted either Sat or Sun arrival),... Anyone else heard such a lame-brained idea? They obviously haven't checked the shooting schedule at UNSC and realized there's a match that day,...

Ry

I heard a rumor, and I'm not at all certain that it's true, but there is talk of moving the SUPERBOWL to SATURDAY if the weather forecast in NY on Sunday is too negative (big storm predicted either Sat or Sun arrival),... Anyone else heard such a lame-brained idea? They obviously haven't checked the shooting schedule at UNSC and realized there's a match that day,...

Ry

I'm sure it's a rumor as Anton or Kevin would of let us know the the National Football League called them to O.K the schedule change seeing as its a conflict with our match. Can't believe everything you hear ;)

I'm sure it's a rumor as Anton or Kevin would of let us know the the National Football League called them to O.K the schedule change seeing as its a conflict with our match. Can't believe everything you hear ;)

I'm sure you're right, Eric,... I hear Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner), Anton and Kevin smoke cigars and drink cognac together during the off-season. I'm sure they're in close contact during this crisis,... ;)

Ry

registered as sgm, i am new to snipers hide, new to computers and only couple of years on the tac sene but not new to shooting so i am hoping to get a little slack about my typing and computer skils. i live off hyw 101 sw of oly. im always looking for somone to shoot with. i have out to 700yrd shooting range[with steel] and one at 1160yds any one in my area want to just do some shooting?

Welcome to the Hide! There are quite a few active shooters in the area and we get together often. You should check out a few of the other threads for this area such as http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...p/115586-puget-sound-area-shooters-group.html and http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-matches-upper-nisqually-sportsmans-club.html.

Myself and Unknown are the match directors for the monthly matches in Eatonville and you are more than welcome to come out next Saturday and meet some great people and see what we do.

If you can't make it out to the match and you would like to meet up some other time hit me up. I spend most weekends out shooting and I enjoy bringing new shooters into our group.

I'm sure you're right, Eric,... I hear Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner), Anton and Kevin smoke cigars and drink cognac together during the off-season. I'm sure they're in close contact during this crisis,... ;)

Ry

We don't hang with Roger anymore. After the way shit went down in Mexico we all went our separate ways.

I have one box each of Berger 308168T, 30414, and 30408. The 30408 have not been opened, the other two have but I don't think they are missing any- or more than a couple. $40/box FTF Wenatchee area, or will traded for #30426 one for one. Open to trades, but cash is always good.

1911fan

kevin d, sgm here I take it that the upper nisqually sportsmans club is in Eatonville?.I know very little of the area north of Oly but the match sounds like a good time. I do "alot" of shooting but have only shot a couple of tac matchs. The matchs i've shot were in Jordan Mt. put on by s.hide member mtetm he is the one that got me connected to the s.hide and helped getting me started in the sport. I take it that if I punch in nisqually sportsmans club into google maps it will make me a map. p.s. I talked to nick about doing some shooting sounded like you maybe one of the closer members to my location come on out and shoot some steel some time.

kevin d, sgm here I take it that the upper nisqually sportsmans club is in Eatonville?.I know very little of the area north of Oly but the match sounds like a good time. I do "alot" of shooting but have only shot a couple of tac matchs. The matchs i've shot were in Jordan Mt. put on by s.hide member mtetm he is the one that got me connected to the s.hide and helped getting me started in the sport. I take it that if I punch in nisqually sportsmans club into google maps it will make me a map. p.s. I talked to nick about doing some shooting sounded like you maybe one of the closer members to my location come on out and shoot some steel some time.

The Upper Nisqually club is the one in Eatonville where we have our matches. Go to their webpage UPPER NISQUALLY SPORTSMAN CLUB -- Home and you can get directions.

I would love to meet up sometime to go shooting. Next weekend is the UNSC match and then Superbowl on Sunday (GO HAWKS!) but the following weekend I don't have any plans. If you want to get together the weekend of Feb. 8th or 9th let me know. Just hit me up here on the hide and let me know.

Kevin

sgm;2924572I talked to nick about doing some shooting sounded like you maybe one of the closer members to my location come on out and shoot some steel some time.[/QUOTE said:
Count me in as well. It can't be much further than acme for me and I have a lot of room in my calendar right now.

Hey Shooters,
I am lookin' for a mule to pack my targets. Vantage to the Wenatchee Valley.
My daughter has a biathlon match in Mazama that weekend so I will not be able to get there.
If anyone can/wants to do this pm me.
Thanks
T

I have a box of 250ct 300gr Berger Hybrid OTMs if anyone wants them. I can bring them to Jakes if youd like. Asking $180.

Thanks

Can someone give me directions to the Vantage location. I need to meet up with Jake to get targets on fri afternoon.
Thanks
T

Got it
Thanks

Last edited:
Everyone heading over to vantage for this weekends shoot,

I can bring some AR500 targets over if you would like to save on freight. Please just let me know sometime tonight, Send me a text or shoot me a PM and we will get it handled. Thanks Guys!!

Travis you know how to get there now? If not Ill meet you up on the road or something...

think I have it covered with the location, you'll have yer phone handy right?
drive safe no sudden stops with the load of steel you'll have!
T

Roger that,

Yep, And I think my phone works down at the range area as well. Give me a buzz if you need

4-12-14 3 gun Match @ NCW gun Club E. Wenatchee WA

Hello,
This match is limited to 21 competitors. This is an individual competitor event.
Cost is $90.00 per shooter ( includes WA state sales tax, small lunch, range fees, and a tee shirt.) Make checks payable to NCW Gun Club RE 3gun match.
Mail to: NCW Gun Club POB 1811 Wenatchee WA 98807
There will be a minimal prize table with top 3 receiving a cash pay out of $300.00, $150.00, and $75.00. Any prizes that are donated will be handed out starting from the bottom of the finish order.
Match location is NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee WA
Match date 4-12-14. Sign in @ 7:00AM. Mandatory safety meeting 7:30AM.
Parts of the match will be self ROed
This is a 3 gun competition using a pistol, carbine, and precision rifle.
There will be running and gunning on a couple of stages. You will need a sling for your carbine.
Pistol shots to 50 yards. Carbine shots to 250 yards. rifle shots to 950 yards with one target @ 1760 yards.
All targets will be known distance.
Round count: 230 rounds pistol, 100 rounds carbine, 50 rounds rifle.
Recommended gear:
Semi auto pistol with enough magazines to hold 50 rounds. A secure holster for the pistol that will allow running with the pistol holstered.Mag pouches to hold spare mags, A way to carry ~100 rounds of loose ammo.
Semi auto rifle with at least 3 magazines and a sling that will allow you to run with a slung rifle.
Precision rifle with dope to 950 yards and dope for 1760 yards. Rifle may be bolt or semi, but NO magnums and a speed limit of 3150FPS.
You will have intermittent access to your vehicle.
Bring food and water as needed, although we will supply a sparse lunch and water, there will not be a break for lunch.
Feel free to email, text, or call with any questions.
Thanks!
Jim
509-860-0974

Yay! My second Form 4 tax stamp finally came in for my Gemtech Sandstorm .30 can. Only three weeks short of 1 year since I submitted the paperwork... :(

I'd been kinda wishing the factory tube on my Savage 12 LRP 6.5CM would give up the ghost... that barrel is huge (26" long, just under 1.1" @ muzzle) for a field gun, but it still shoots good! Now that I have everything together... Vortex Razor 5-20X HD scope... McRee Gen5+ TMag chassis... TIS sling... Atlas bipod... Gemtech titanium suppressor... I'm thinking I definitely need to start squirreling away $$$ for a new barrel. The whole thing is right on about 54-1/2" long from one end to the other, and weighs 19.36 lbs!! Yikes!!
:eek:

Hey Jim -

Got a list of shooters for this match yet? Looking forward to it...

Hello,
This match is limited to 21 competitors. This is an individual competitor event.
Cost is $90.00 per shooter ( includes WA state sales tax, small lunch, range fees, and a tee shirt.) Make checks payable to NCW Gun Club RE 3gun match.
Mail to: NCW Gun Club POB 1811 Wenatchee WA 98807
There will be a minimal prize table with top 3 receiving a cash pay out of $300.00, $150.00, and $75.00. Any prizes that are donated will be handed out starting from the bottom of the finish order.
Match location is NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee WA
Match date 4-12-14. Sign in @ 7:00AM. Mandatory safety meeting 7:30AM.
Parts of the match will be self ROed
This is a 3 gun competition using a pistol, carbine, and precision rifle.
There will be running and gunning on a couple of stages. You will need a sling for your carbine.
Pistol shots to 50 yards. Carbine shots to 250 yards. rifle shots to 950 yards with one target @ 1760 yards.
All targets will be known distance.
Round count: 230 rounds pistol, 100 rounds carbine, 50 rounds rifle.
Recommended gear:
Semi auto pistol with enough magazines to hold 50 rounds. A secure holster for the pistol that will allow running with the pistol holstered.Mag pouches to hold spare mags, A way to carry ~100 rounds of loose ammo.
Semi auto rifle with at least 3 magazines and a sling that will allow you to run with a slung rifle.
Precision rifle with dope to 950 yards and dope for 1760 yards. Rifle may be bolt or semi, but NO magnums and a speed limit of 3150FPS.
You will have intermittent access to your vehicle.
Bring food and water as needed, although we will supply a sparse lunch and water, there will not be a break for lunch.
Feel free to email, text, or call with any questions.
Thanks!
Jim
509-860-0974

Can anyone recommend a 1911 smith in eastern WA, maybe moses lake to Spokane sorta area? I'm wanting some trigger work and sights installed..

Matt,
Here's what I have to date:
Anette
Charles
Taylor
Chris
Matt
Raymond
Jake
Jesse
Kate
Alan
Nichole
Jim
Madeline
Mike S.
Mike
Cody
Pat
Steve
Adam
Bill
+ 2
Looks like we'll have 4 female shooters out of a field of 21. It's great to see more woman getting involved in the shooting sports.

Would like to get 2-3 more on standby as we always have a few that can't make it due to life happening.
Anybody out there riding the fence on this, get a hold of me ASAP.
Jim

Shit I don't have enough ammo loaded for the shoot yet to practice...hopefully later this weekend. Damn procrastination anyhoo!

Thanks for the list, Jim. I am looking forward to having some fun. I agree that its nice to see more female shooters...

Matt,
Here's what I have to date:
Anette
Charles
Taylor
Chris
Matt
Raymond
Jake
Jesse
Kate
Alan
Nichole
Jim
Madeline
Mike S.
Mike
Cody
Pat
Steve
Adam
Bill
+ 2
Looks like we'll have 4 female shooters out of a field of 21. It's great to see more woman getting involved in the shooting sports.

Would like to get 2-3 more on standby as we always have a few that can't make it due to life happening.
Anybody out there riding the fence on this, get a hold of me ASAP.
Jim

I know this is short notice, however we will be running the moving target today @ NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee @3:00pm, if you want some practice. Might run it tomorrow also if enough people commit. Bring $2:00 to help with gas, paint, target up keep etc.
509-860-0074
Jim.