• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Does anybody go from Wenatchee to Yakima on a semi-regular basis? I've got a wall tent I need to get to Yakima Tent & Awning and back, and I know freight is going to be ridiculous. I'll chip in for gas/beer?

1911fan

Jake, I'd be in for that. I was gonna ask you if you'd consider some sort of training session out there this year.

Jake give us a date so I can get "approval" from the CEO and check on the summer Biathlon schedule!
T

Ok guys, July 20th, 1 day match. Mark your calendars now. I'll be getting more details and registration up in the next couple weeks to firm up our numbers

Only going to go with 35 shooters max. It's on public land, so there is that to deal with. Don't need it too big. Should be lots of shooting for all who get signed up. First come first serve on sign up.

We will provide lunch and drinks. And of course barricades, platforms and shoot house.
Will be a trophy match. No prizes unless sponsors set up and provide. Probably raffle at that point. Chamber flags will be provided if the shooter does not have one.

Just a heads up, the NCW Gun Club 3 gun is 2 weeks away. If you have any questions, feel free to call, text or PM me.
PM's here are spotty, so a text or phone call works best.
Also, I could use 2 more RO's. You will get a T shirt, lunch and a shot or 5 @ the 1700 yard target if you have the urge to go long.
A little taste of the gully course, it takes 3.5 minutes just to hike from end to end at a brisk pace, not including any shooting. ( about 170 rounds)
Due to the intensity of this stage, I've broken it into two classes, novice and seasoned. Same COF, but the novice will have a bit more time to accomplish.
My cell: 509-860-0974
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Jim

Last edited:
awesome Jim. Looking forward to it.

One question that I'll post here for everyone's benefit; I have 3 pistol mags for a total of 45 rds, should I secure a 4th to get to the suggested 50 rd total or just roll with it?

Follow up; I'm shooting a 4th gen glock 19, anyone want to share mags. Mine should fit a 26 as well as older gen 19's.

Last edited:
awesome Jim. Looking forward to it.

One question that I'll post here for everyone's benefit; I have 3 pistol mags for a total of 45 rds, should I secure a 4th to get to the suggested 50 rd total or just roll with it?

Follow up; I'm shooting a 4th gen glock 19, anyone want to share mags. Mine should fit a 26 as well as older gen 19's.
Competitors will be allowed up to 100 rounds in mags on this stage.
I have a slew of 9mm Glock mags and assorted other gear, mag holders etc that I am happy to loan out to keep this from being a gear war.

SHWW Group

I've got a tan kestrel 4500nv applied ballistics (no Bluetooth) I want to sell. I used it once at jakes match in early march. Like new condition w box instructions etc, no marks, scratches etc. looking for $525. I love using it but my wife got one at shot show and I don't need two.

Also have a seekins 20moa rail for short action remington. New in box. $80

The reason it's listed here is I'm hoping to do a ftf sale locally. Pm me if you're interested.

If posting this here is a nono let me know.

Charles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to get a hold of Tribe? Know where he's been? The phone number I have from years ago won't pick up. I'd really like to talk to him before I leave for Tx.
Thanks.

Anyone know how to get a hold of Tribe? Know where he's been? The phone number I have from years ago won't pick up. I'd really like to talk to him before I leave for Tx.
Thanks.

i got ahold of him a few months back. he has been real busy with his son and other activities. been out of the shooting scene for a while, but he is interested in picking it back up at some point. ill pm you the number i have for him.

Hey guys, I know I am not from Washington, but us Oregon guys shoot more in WA then we do in OR! We are hoping to change that with a new match. It will be a fun match with a challenging course of fire. In Motion Targets will be there with their mover!

Oregon Tactical Rifle Championship 2014

We would love to see you all down here. Heck it's in Bend, come for the great beer if nothing else!

Willys46....Cody H.

Was the Wetsnatchee shoot this weekend at NCW gunclub? How did folks do on the mile shot? Purdee damn nice weather for chooting, although the breeze yesterday may have made shooting in/across the canyons interesting!

The match was a great time. Jim and his team provided an enjoyable and relaxed environment, with plenty of steel to shoot at. I didn't shoot at the one mile target, preferring to trade the slim (for me) possibility of points for extra time on the other targets. Just mostly looking to have fun and wring out some new gear. I did both. Thanks, Jim.

Was the Wetsnatchee shoot this weekend at NCW gunclub? How did folks do on the mile shot? Purdee damn nice weather for chooting, although the breeze yesterday may have made shooting in/across the canyons interesting!

Yes it was Craig, and the mile shot was part of the match. We ran the IRIS light on the 1250 and 1 mile, 1250 saw plenty of action but the mile saw one hit, tough shot in those wind conditions. I gotta say, I have never ran a 3 gun match but this was one of the funnest matches I have ever shot.

Kirk Roberts

:) i didn't take the mile shot, but got 2nd & 4th round hits at 1242 / .308, 175gr Sierra at 2670 = :) dot too shabby.

Thanks to Jim for putting on another great/fun match - i think a lot of the guys/gals liked the super friendly lowkey tempo (between the fast timed stages)

Damn, I was the only one that hit the mile target? And with a 308 AR no less!

The rifle

Holdover

The lower branches of the tree at the bottom are about where I had to aim.

Kate Redell took a couple really nice pics of me at the top of the gully.

The timing on this one is awesome!

Thanks, Jim, for a really fun match.

-Chris

I want to thank all my help, RO's score keepers, trail builders, steel makers ETC, for making this match a success.
We had 18 shooters that ran through around 5500 rounds of ammo in 6 hours.
I had a blast running the gully course with 16 of the shooters. That course had more than a few ways to skin it, and I think I saw 16!
I learned right off the bat to size up the squad and have the fastest runner go first then the slowest so I could recoup some what.
I'll probably do a Gully only 'match' a couple times this year, limiting the number to 10-12 to limit the standing down time.
Thanks to all the competitors, you guys and gals make it all worth it.
Jim

The match was a blast! Weather was perfect! Tons of fun. But the best thing for me was getting my wife out there shooting. This was her first match and she loved it! She also did very well and not once got upset if something went wrong just worked through it and just said "i need more practice". Which is always good to hear when that means an excuse for more range time and more reloading supplys! ;)

If anyone needs any AR500 Steel targets, let me know and I can bring them to Ellensburg to save some more for yall. Just let me know what you would like. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so let me know tonight and I will get you taken care of. Thanks!

Jake

Hey fellas, it's been a while since I've been in touch. Been in and out of the country on "bi-nez." I'm looking for a range on the West side to do some distance shooting and get hooked up with people who shoot better then me so I can learn. I live in the Bonney Lake/Buckley area and last went out with a bunch of guys (Nick, BigWheels) up in Sedro-Wooley, but I hear they gated off that area. I'm also trying to get my cousin linked up with you guys for a shooting day on May 6th. His wife is letting him out of the house for his birthday. So if you know of a good spot near by and can join us, PM me.

Hey guys anyone who shot jimtheplumbers 3gun match im missing a tan kestrel 4500. probably lost in the field somewhere but i figure might as well ask

thanks, Fuzzy

I have a spot in the Kettle Falls Steel challenge the 17th and 18th of this month for sale. Cant go because I am running an event here at Jubilee. Anyway, if you need a spot, please hit me up. Thanks

Jake

Hey Guys and Gals,

The 2014 JC Steel Tactical Rifle Summer shootout will host 35 of the best shooters from across the northwest.

Registration will be on our website shopping cart, On Monday, May 12th at 7PM. First come first serve. jcsteeltargets.com, then click on the store tab. $65 is the match fee.

It will take place Sunday July 20th 2014. Start time 9am, finish about 4pm.

Roughly 8 stages, 100 rifle rounds with barricades, rooftops, and natural terrain in Eastern Washington, and shots out to 1250 yards.

Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Will be no prize table unless unsolicited prizes come in.

Competitors will be provided lunch during the event, As well as plenty of water/sports drinks.

Max 35 shooters, first come first serve.

Dry camping is available for $5 per person per night here on the ranch. Tent or RV is just fine.

***Also have a guest house available at $30 a person/per night, max 6 people. Nice accommodations, beds, showers, kitchen etc. and you will be together sharing the house. First come first serve on this as well. Email or call me to reserve.

Excited to see you all out here.

Looking forward to the seeing you folks and competing in the Camp Patriot shoot next weekend, and the weather forecast is currently OUTSTANDING

You may want to toss a tube of bug spray and sunscreen in... just saying ;)

Who from Wenatchee area is going to Kettle Falls? Carpool?

I'll be heading that way from the wet side, but I plan on leaving early Friday AM if that works. I will be heading through Wenatchee around 9:30-10am at the latest.

Shoot me a call if you want to head over with me, driving the Subaru and have room

Kirk Roberts
360-325-2638

I want to thank jcvibby for hosting a few of us for a a couple of hours yesterday. I know that we all had a great time hanging out and banging some steel out to almost 1300 yards with him. It got really fun when we put the rifles away and tried to show each other up on some pistol shooting!

I want to thank jcvibby for hosting a few of us for a a couple of hours yesterday. I know that we all had a great time hanging out and banging some steel out to almost 1300 yards with him. It got really fun when we put the rifles away and tried to show each other up on some pistol shooting!

Re: Pistol Shooting...:confused:

So who talked the most shit and backed it up with their pistol shooting?