• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side charging uppers?

Wolfpack Armory set

Attachments

• 20200501_213044.jpg
    20200501_213044.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 496
i have 2 of the gibbz side charge uppers, they are my 2 45acp ars. after researching a little.........i found the uppers are 6061 instead of 7075. i like them on pistol calibers. just wont be using them on rifles

I'm kind of surprised that with all the people that put optics on an AR that there aren't more side chargers out there. I've always thought the rear charge was a PITA with optics. But, no one ever seems to talk about them.

Optics don't make the rear charging handle a problem, most of us have figured out to just pinch the handle from the side. Seems like all the complaints about this are from people insisting on trying to put one finger on each side of the charging handle; that's operator error rather than a hardware issue. It's not that hard to operate from the side, and then it doesn't matter if the rifle has optics or not.

I like my side chargers as much as the next guy, but the complaint about optics is unnecessary.

Your opinion. And I sure value that! Just consider Quigley's answer..."never said I couldn't use one, just don't care for em".

I have a gibbz and it’s pretty good but heavy.

JP rifled scr-11 would probably be one of the best.

ADCOR industries makes one that has the charging handle on the handguard but they never made a longer handguard so I stopped looking at them.

LWRC repr is great also.

I am confused by the Gibbs website. I have a SP10 6.5 Seekins. I see the upper but I don’t see anything about the bcg is that modified from my Seekins?

Attachments

• 7A501423-C6F6-4349-8950-16A24861F9D0.jpeg
    7A501423-C6F6-4349-8950-16A24861F9D0.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 287
I am confused by the Gibbs website. I have a SP10 6.5 Seekins. I see the upper but I don’t see anything about the bcg is that modified from my Seekins?
They don't use a modified carrier. They use a modified cam pin that you install in your carrier to work with the upper

can I use their 308 upper w my 6.5cm?
Just double checked. The sp10 receiver is indeed proprietary in dimensions so you're stuck with seekins uppers for the most part. That said you may get luck and have an upper fit but there is zero guarantee

Forgive me if I missed the obvious... my search-fu sucks, but does anyone make a complete 308 upper for a DPMS pattern lower that is left side charge, right side eject, and is NOT a POS???

My stock is not a folder, so that doesn't matter.

I love side chargers and have been very happy with BCA. Waiting for them in 308 to do a build

Wolfpack Armory set
Hey bro, Beautiful SBR... I'm building a 7.5" 300Blk side charger from Wolfpack Armory now. I'm shopping around for a BCG and was gonna get one from JP Rifles but someone just told me they think Wolfpack's uppers are a proprietary system. Is this true and not to sound dumb but what does that mean? Thanks

Hey bro, Beautiful SBR... I'm building a 7.5" 300Blk side charger from Wolfpack Armory now. I'm shopping around for a BCG and was gonna get one from JP Rifles but someone just told me they think Wolfpack's uppers are a proprietary system. Is this true and not to sound dumb but what does that mean? Thanks
Not that I know of. Mine is in 9mm so I got a PCC BCG made by Faxon. It works great. A Maxim brace with their standard buffer and spring with a wolfpack buffer spacer. Not a single hiccup.

Just recently bought a Bear Creek Arsenal 20" upper in 6.5 Grendel...…. side charging, Nitride barrel, haven't got to fire it yet waiting on the other parts in the mail, but soon. Never enjoyed the charging handle of the M4, a welcomed change. I am interested in how the gas plug in the back is going to affect the firing process, just the feel of it.

Before things went crazy I got a BCA side charger- really like it, and it surprised me with the accuracy, it was bulky as a barn/truck/tractor varmint rifle and eye shots on coins and woodchucks are the norm, as far a a side charging handle poking you while it’s slung- just sling it so the left side of receiver is against the body. I like the concept and so far in practice it makes a lot of sense.

I bought an American Spirit Arms side-charger upper years ago; I like the concept, but the cut in the left side of the upper for the non-reciprocating handle leaves an opening for gas/carbon to puff me in the face when the bolt carrier group cycles = sometimes hard not to anticipate and lose focus.

I just bought a Devil Dogs Concept (veteran-owned) add-on side charger that seems like an interesting idea.