• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Cross recoil pad options?

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Hi hide,I recently picked up a Sig Cross in 308.My 12 yr old is loving shooting at the range with me but I noticed the next day his shoulder is pretty bruised up.He will not say,but I know its sore.Looking for any options on a replacement recoil pad.I called Patchmyar & Limbsaver but due to the design they do not offer anything.Online research I find nothing.I know I can put a slip on pad but would prefer something permanent.Help & advice always appreciated

I'm not sure of anyone making replacement recoil pads for a cross but if you aren't already, running a good muzzle brake with drastically reduce felt recoil. I would also check that he is fully shouldering the stock and isn't leaving a gap between the pad and his shoulder when shooting. Getting pushed hurts less than getting punched.

Just the first few things that popped to mind. I hope you guys get it sorted and he keeps enjoying shooting the cross with you!

Thanks,I have only been using the brake it came with. I should have a 419 laying around I can try

yours came with a brake? mine was just the thread protector. i have a cheap-o no name on mine now but changing to an ultradyne apollo when i change ammo next time. i had decent recoil reduction with the surefire socom brake on an ar10 too. a nice break should help.

i assume he has a good fit to the stock with the adjustments. i bet his should is a little sore!

what ammo have you found to be the most accurate? i'm having a hard time with mine. only about 200 rounds thru it and it seems to be getting better but not ovely happy with the groups, seems inconsistant but thats probably me....

reach out to back fire, they make some recoil pads for different platforms and he is a fan of the sig cross and he might have a solution that you are looking for. I got their product for my mdt chassis and love it.