• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10X and Weather Meter use. Questions on how to use.

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
So I am a simple Sasquatch, and these new techo-gadgets have my head spinning.

I have a set up the binos, played with the menus, and settings, ranged trees out to 3K off the front porch, and have ranged a black bird on a wire at 175. Super happy with the binos overall. I even broke down and read the manual, with all the big words.

However, I have not been able to figure out how the weather meter works, if it works, or how to capture wind, direction, and if it tracks with different ranges/targets. I have it paired in the app, as it lights up blue in the app, and gives me the weird alphanumeric name.

Here is what I would like to do with them, if possible. Is there anyone out there that can explain the process to a simpleton?

Facing off my porch, lets say there is a target at 10-oclock, 12 o'clock, and 2 o'clock. For ease of math and my brain lets say all the targets are the same distance say 500 yards. After calibrating the internal compass (figure eights), I range each of the targets to get my elevation.

Now how does one calculate the wind with the weather meter? I understand how to manually input the wind via the binos, or the app, but isn't that the point of the weather meter?

Also if the wind is say 10mph coming from 6 o'clock, there will be wind holds for the 10 and 2 o'clock targets, but none for the 12.

So if I range the 10 o'clock is there a way to get the ballistic solution for 500 yards and 10mph wind (right to left at an angle), then range the middle target (straight tail wind), and get the range, and no wind call, and then range the 3rd target and get a solution for that target with the wind call being opposite (left to right) of the first?

Pictures, videos, cave art, post it notes, whatever it takes to make sense I would greatly appreciated it.

I'm assuming you have a Kestrel weather meter that has the option to set up multiple targets. In the target menu, you need to make sure each target is active. Enter "Tgt" then at "Target" scroll left or right and click enter to activate targets. You will capture ranges for each target at the main menu or manually input range and "DoF" (Direction of Fire). I'm not sure if the Sig Kilo 10x has a built in compass to auto-populate the DoF; if not the DoF for each target would have to be done via the Kestrel.
1649524854810.png

The top right corner which target solution you are currently viewing. Example pic - Target A. To scroll through targets to see solutions, at "Tgt" scroll left or right.

1649524937954.png

If you have more than 10 targets. You would have to set up a new Sector. Scroll down to "Target Card..." click enter. Click enter on the highlighted sector. Scroll up to "Sctr", scroll left or right til you hit "NEW SECTOR", click enter.

Last edited: