• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sig Kilo 2200mr or Bushnell Conx?

tnc

Molon Labe
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 23, 2007
    Northeast, OK
    I’ve narrowed it down to 2 choices. I want to be able to reliably range steel out to 1300yds at matches.
    Is the sig worth the extra money? Have you used either for ranging steel? Can you range reliably without it mounted on a tripod?

The sig will go quite away but that is the only thing in it's favour, For use up to 1800yds +/- the ConX has it beat hands down.

John.

Last edited:
    I would say the CONX is cool and the sig performs a bit better. I shoot 2km regularly so I needed something more serious. The Kilo2400 does a great job, and handles cold weather whereas the 2200 does not.

If I had to do it again I would a) get the Leica 2700 or b) wait for the terrapin-x.

I would say the CONX is cool and the sig performs a bit better. I shoot 2km regularly so I needed something more serious. The Kilo2400 does a great job, and handles cold weather whereas the 2200 does not.

If I had to do it again I would a) get the Leica 2700 or b) wait for the terrapin-x.
    Yep, Shooting at those ranges a person is forced to spend more money, At that range it's hard to see targets unless they are about 2.3m square, I know the Military test LRF's out with Targets that are 2.3m X 2.3m, mine will range a 1.6m X 1.6m target at a mile.

I found the con-x would range almost anything at 1km, most things at 1200m, and some things at 1 mile. The kilo 2400 ranges anything at 1500m, and many things at 2000m.

The terrapin would range anything at 2000m, many things at 2800m, and some things at 4000m. It was quite good.

That said, the LITTON Optronics/SIMRAD/Newcon Optik LRB25000 would catch a squirrel on fire at 5000m, set off every single laser/radar detector in detroit at 10,000m, and merely blind an unlucky observer at 25km.

I found the con-x would range almost anything at 1km, most things at 1200m, and some things at 1 mile. The kilo 2400 ranges anything at 1500m, and many things at 2000m.

The terrapin would range anything at 2000m, many things at 2800m, and some things at 4000m. It was quite good.

That said, the LITTON Optronics/SIMRAD/Newcon Optik LRB25000 would catch a squirrel on fire at 5000m, set off every single laser/radar detector in detroit at 10,000m, and merely blind an unlucky observer at 25km.
    Oh I gotta get me one of those, That could BBQ the Deer before I walk out to Dress It, Think of the time I would save :LOL::LOL: (y) Char Lasered (grilled) back strap) Mmm Mm.

One thing I have noticed with all LRF's it they are hit and miss on objects that are at 45* or greater, If they are within 20* to flat/head on most Lasers will get a return on them.

Last edited:
    Yeah - its a big bizarre "will I get a return" crap shoot.
    Yeah for sure, It's Snowing here not quite as heavy as last night but it is covering and I had no trouble ranging things as far as I could see which is 230yds with the wind chill it is 13.8*f and it is getting colder,

Lol the New channel just showed 4 or 5 Deer walking up the high street because the snow has covered their food up in the hills, Who needs a rangefinder when they are that close, Lol.

Last edited: