• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sig kilo range finder

Dylanm1212

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Florida
Was looking at yge sig kilo 1600 non bdx and wile at bass pro saw a sig kilo 2000 which isnt on sigs website. Its the newest style with 3 lenses in the front. Juat wondering is this and old or new model? Is it bass pro only? If so how does it compair to the kilo 1600.

there manufacturer number on bass pro website was SOK20021

2000 could be the old one. They had some issues which pushed the 2200 out.

I've had my 2200 since they were released. I still haven't changed the battery, but it works good anytime I've used it.
Had a guy argue with me last match that they sucked. It was giving me +/- .5yrd from his Leica.

They work for a budget. Only thing is I have to drop my 2200 into the mk tripod mount to hit over 1500 reliably.

My Sig Kilo 2000 is a freak of nature. It has ran neck n neck with my buddies Terrapin… within 3-5 yards every time. Another friend bought one based on his experience with mine, and both of them were total turds.

DK

Attachments

• A3F3B499-5DB2-4070-91DA-A185FC38762E.jpeg
    A3F3B499-5DB2-4070-91DA-A185FC38762E.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Holliday
My Sig Kilo 2000 is a freak of nature. It has ran neck n neck with my buddies Terrapin… within 3-5 yards every time. Another friend bought one based on his experience with mine, and both of them were total turds.

DK
My original kilo 2000 was like that. God-like for the money at the time. Then all of a sudden something went wrong and I could not range past 600 yrds on steel. A person in the know, thought perhaps during my extreme cold hunts some epoxy had failed.

Sent it to Sig for warranty. After trying to blow smoke “I went outside and ranged a tree, works fine” 🙄 Sig replaced it. The new unit would not range steel past 600 yards. I did some research and found that they had suddenly changed the specs on the 2000. I posted about this in a thread here at the time. This unit had different specs than the original Kilo2000s

I ended up buying a kilo 2200 that was damn good for a while but suddenly started having power issues. I cured that by stretching the battery spring 😳 and advised another member here to do the same to his with the same issue. It seemed to work for him as well.

The other day at the range I was having trouble getting a solid range on an Antelope that sauntered through the canyon steel area. It was inside 200 yards but I was getting 145 and 300+ . I had a good clear line of sight.

Recently I ordered a Sig Oscar 3. With the unit powered off, if anything in the bag barely touched the power switch it would turn on and the gyro would vibrate continuously draining the battery. Tech support hemmed and hawed and I got replacement from the vendor Europtics (awesome service). Same issue. Returned for a refund. Not for field use evidently. 😳

I am done with sig optics and their crappy products with even crappier warranty service.

Reactions: z71rat
Don't like SIG at all and went to Newcon. Awesome warranty and reliable range finding.They make their stuff for the Military

Not to high jack the thread.. what's the advantage of the Kilo5 versus the 2400 ABS model of any?

I’m interested as well. Does the 5k range longer distances? Does it connect to the Garmin Tactix Delta w/AB? Looking at them as an alternative to the Terrapin X.

Reactions: waveslayer
Not to high jack the thread.. what's the advantage of the Kilo5 versus the 2400 ABS model of any?
Go look at the specs listed on the site. The 5K has farther range claims across the board.

They have a mil grid reticle you can cycle through....
An etched reticle, not digital.

Reactions: SD Carpenter
Go look at the specs listed on the site. The 5K has farther range claims across the board.

I called sig he made it seem like you can cycle through the 3 different reticles. I could be wrong though. I was reading the manual for it and it hinted at the same thing. I know it's being released at the end of September

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I called sig he made it seem like you can cycle through the 3 different reticles. I could be wrong though. I was reading the manual for it and it hinted at the same thing. I know it's being released at the end of September
That’s cool. Now I’m kind of glad I held off from buying one in April lol

I fully understand about the customer service being a dud. I had to wet her the whole sad event unfold on my friends LRF. Side by side, his couldn’t do anything like mine did. He tried his best to get Sog to do something about it, and it was difficult at best. The customer service rep basically told him he didn’t know how to use the unit correctly! WTF?

Anyway, he went through the trials and errors, and ultimately sold the 3rd unit, still brand new in the sealed box. Sad day.

DK

ps - If mine ever dies, I won’t be buying another one, based on what I saw with his experience.

Reactions: Holliday
I sent mine in for the rotating ocular problem and they covered shipping both ways with new eye pieces.

Yeah read them prior to posting. But AB out to only 800yards, that's why I asked. If the 2400 is the same, only good to 800.. no point in spending the extra coin, I'll use my phone

Reactions: M8541Reaper