• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig or HK?

Re: Sig or HK?

I am an HK fan but that is my personal preferance... The Sig is an awesome manufactorer as well though... Some people really fall for Sig over the HK most for comfort so it is best to try the two out if possible...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trade or buy mine then.
smile.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1052969#Post1052969

-X</div></div>

Nice sig. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing I could trade for it, so how much you want for it?

There is no wrong answer to the original question.

Personal preference. And since you have no experience with either there is no reason not to just flip a coin.

Personally, my recommendation to a new guy would be to skip the 600+ dollar pistols and start with a glock

Sounds like your the kid that wants a ferrari for his first car, even though you've never even
driven a corvette.

How are the triggers, reliability, accuracy for each make?

Umm different. Each is different, but all are perfectly fine for self defense/plinking/looking cool at the
range.

Or for a more exact answer.

Reliability? All are fine

Accuracy? More accurate than you will probably ever be.

Trigger? Just fine, personal experience alone will decide what you like.

In other words none of these guys opinions matter, including my own.

Glock, Sig, H&K win, win, win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ghilliedup</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trade or buy mine then.
smile.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1052969#Post1052969

-X</div></div>

Nice sig. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing I could trade for it, so how much you want for it? </div></div>

$1k delivered/insured OBO.
wink.gif

-X

H&K still ships 2 mags with their pistols.

Used to own a 226 and 220. Nice guns but I like my USP's a little better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdinsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H&K still ships 2 mags with their pistols.
</div></div>
I ship 2 mags with my Sig Sauer P226 9mm also....BUY MINE!
grin.gif
</div></div>

What Sig are you selling DK?

Flip a coin.

They are both excellent. I have bias towards HK, but have used both.

Supressed they are both excellent as well.

My first pistol was my SIG P229 .40/.357, i also have 2 p226 9s, a p229 9, p220, 2 USPc 9s, a USPc .45 and a USPf 9. i pretty much started with the SIGs years ago and the collection kind of grew. The SIGs are easy to shoot, but I got to a point to where i wasnt going to shoot any better without going to a thumbs high grip. and doing that with a SIG p series means your thumb rides the slide release and causes them to fail to lockback. The HK also fits my hand really well and has the decocker to hang my thumb on. The USPf shoots very softly (softer than the p226), probably because of the dual recoil spring. The HK is also lighter if that matters to you.

I flat out shoot better with the HK because it fits my hand and grip style better. The SIG is very ergonomic and probably fits/feels better in most peoples hand. They are both excellent platforms, go with whatever fits you better.

I own and love both guns (usp and 226) but I clearly prefer the 226. I have no complaints about the HK and have many HK weapons but the sig is my personal preference. My opinion is moot because I don't think friends should let friends carry anything but a .45 so I guess the sig 220r would be my recommendation. Me, I carry a Les Baer Commander so take my opinion for what its worth.

I never cared for the high bore-axis (though the same can be said for the Sig unfortunately), trigger, nor recoil characteristics of the HK USP series. Never have shot the new P30/HK45, so I can't comment there.

I'd take a Sig, but would probably try and search out a older non-railed model.

As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

That means 10+1! Any other Compact do that????? Not that I can think of.

With regards to the decocker.... if you "accidentally" decock the Usp it goes to DA mode, not safe mode. So in the case that this happens you still just pull the trigger.

With any gun we carry it's all about practice, practice, practice (quality practice).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

That means 10+1! Any other Compact do that?????</div></div>
Glock19 (compact) - 15+1
Glock26 with Pearce extension (sub-compact) - 11+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

Glock19 (compact) - 15+1
</div></div>

.45 specific. i was wondering if anyone knew of any compact .45's that held that much???

I have owned at least one of both and sold them both. I will say that the HK is a much better fit for the human hand. The Sig P226 is just too fat.

I've come to think that double action is a solution to a problem that never existed, so I sold all of my double action pistols. I have only polymer pistols (Glock, M&P) and 1911s with single action triggers now.

I tried and tried, but I never got used to two different trigger pulls. I think such is really bad for your marksmanship skills, and that is what is really important in a fight.

Neither Sig nor H&K are junk. I do think that both are overpriced for what you're getting compared to the M&P, XD, and Glock. The M&P, especially, is an awful lot of pistol for $550 (it has a stainless slide, excellent ergonomics, interchangeable backstraps, great sights, and is available in a plethora of sizes, etc.).

I paid $737 for my USP Compact when I bought it almost four years ago. I had two P226s, one older one and a newer one with the rail and the DAK trigger. None of them worked for me and I ultimately sold them both.

I do think the P226 should have been adopted over the Beretta 92 by our military. I don't know WTF they were smoking when they decided that contract. With that said, I think either is a poor choice compared to the other firearms on the market similar to what you're looking for. I do suggest that you stick with a 9mm though, it has the cheapest ammo and that is best for practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

Glock19 (compact) - 15+1
</div></div>

.45 specific. i was wondering if anyone knew of any compact .45's that held that much??? </div></div>

Glock 30 will do 10 rounds

I am not a big HK fan. Over priced, seen enough fail to early in their service life to trust it. If a pistol has a manual safety it better be a 1911, outside of that I am not a big fan of manual safety on pistols.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

Glock19 (compact) - 15+1
</div></div>

.45 specific. i was wondering if anyone knew of any compact .45's that held that much??? </div></div>

I am not a big HK fan. Over priced, seen enough fail to early in their service life to trust it. If a pistol has a manual safety it better be a 1911, outside of that I am not a big fan of manual safety on pistols. </div></div>

It's funny how everyone has their preferences. I won't trust a Glock due to bad experiences in mid 90's with my Glock 21. Too many FTFs and FTEs.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions....

It's my 1911 or my HK.

Sig. No doubt. No questions. Think about geting it in .40 and then you can get a .357 sig barrel and use the same mags. Thats what I did. More versatility in end of the world scenario and more options for a certain type of carry. Take the .357 on a road trip, take the .40 to the mall. I love my 229. 226 is next on my list to get after FN 45.

Matthew

I've carried both at work and I like the Sig is much better. The trigger travel on the HK is WAY too long and mushy. The Sig is crisp.

They both work, but the length of pull on the HK's we used was unnerving. I kept waiting and waiting for it to go bang. Got rid of it as soon as I could.

just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mervo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mervo said:
As I was just informed, I can get a mag that holds 10 rounds of .45 for my H&K USPc.

Glock19 (compact) - 15+1
</div></div>

Actually 10 PLUS 1...OR u can slap in a g21 mag for 13 PLUS 1

HK P2000 w/LEM trigger. I have two in .40, one is an SK and love them both. I also carry them both for duty on a daily basis. I like the way you can "stage" the trigger. Just my .02....

Good luck,
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bonk1999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've carried both at work and I like the Sig is much better. The trigger travel on the HK is WAY too long and mushy. The Sig is crisp.

They both work, but the length of pull on the HK's we used was unnerving. I kept waiting and waiting for it to go bang. Got rid of it as soon as I could.

just my .02

</div></div>

+1000

That's the single biggest difference between my Sig and my HK. The trigger travel for the HK sucks. It's a great shooter, but the trigger is a key piece to being able to place accurate, quick fire on target. Get a Sig. And regarding the military choosing the Beretta, it was either some retired generals pulling strings, or the military trying to teach chicks and gun virgins how to shoot a pistol that made the military select that piece of crap. Beretta is the Yugo to Sig's Cadillac.

~ZL

SIG, SIG, SIG.. OH DID I SAY SIG

No comparison on the reliability, ergonomics, customer service.

H&K handguns to me are for the guys who play HALO3 all night.

Sig and Glock are business guns, KISS principle extreme.

I know an Agency that is currently issued Sig 229's and to quote one of them "We have had nothing but problems from our Sig229 pistols". They have had a large number of broken extractors and take down pins.

They are wanting to ditch Sig and switch to HK or something else.
I'll take some trigger slack and dead nuts reliability of HK over Sig's quality control issues. The Sig's today aren't the Sigs of old. It's a shame, I had a Sig 228 that was great.

IMHO

I have a Sig P226 .40 cal I have had no problem with it and it is very accurate and the trigger pull is good. I have a lot of friends with Sigs have not heard of any problems with their Sigs. I do not say they are perfect, but as far as that one agency complaining about that Sig their are many that are glad to have Sigs. As far as them shipping with 1 mag that is because they can not get enough mags to keep up with production. Sig has great customer service.

I have an HK USP40 and never felt comfortable in my hand,
Maybe the compact feels different?
I've shot Glocks extensively and then went over to 1911's for range guns.
I carry a G23/36 but just received a new SIG P229 40s&w SAS for my new carry firearm.
I feel more comfortable with the trigger system the Sig offerd in a SAS.
I think it all depends on personal preference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no wrong answer to the original question.

Personal preference. And since you have no experience with either there is no reason not to just flip a coin.

Personally, my recommendation to a new guy would be to skip the 600+ dollar pistols and start with a glock

Sounds like your the kid that wants a ferrari for his first car, even though you've never even
driven a corvette.

How are the triggers, reliability, accuracy for each make?

Umm different. Each is different, but all are perfectly fine for self defense/plinking/looking cool at the
range.

Or for a more exact answer.

Reliability? All are fine

Accuracy? More accurate than you will probably ever be.

Trigger? Just fine, personal experience alone will decide what you like.

In other words none of these guys opinions matter, including my own.

Glock, Sig, H&K win, win, win. </div></div>

+1+1 Personal preference, period.

I own both, love both. To each his/her own. You're not making a bad decision either way.

From Idunnmobile:
"Sig vs HK is not even a fair comparison. HK dominates Sig in ruggedness, reliability, and performance"

That's a pretty bold statement-any backup? Sigs are high quality and proven product. So is HK for that matter.
IMO and observation, both run fine. Both can break or malfunction. Just like any machine made by man.
2 cents deposited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG, SIG, SIG.. OH DID I SAY SIG

Sig and Glock are business guns, KISS principle extreme. </div></div>

If you are basing it on simplicity, the HK is WAY simpler than the Glock...I can't speak towards Sig.

But as was said earlier, all three are good choices. Personally I am admittedly and HK fanboy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.Huckabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG, SIG, SIG.. OH DID I SAY SIG

If you are basing it on simplicity, the HK is WAY simpler than the Glock...I can't speak towards Sig.

But as was said earlier, all three are good choices. Personally I am admittedly and HK fanboy. </div></div>
How is the HK simpler then the Glock? This is gonna be good!
grin.gif

HK Koolaid tastes so good! Glock has 34 parts including the mag and parts! How many on a HK Fanboy?

FYI on the Sig vs HK front, I have been shooting my P30L in a class and it has been performing flawlessly and accurately, however I somehow chipped the edge of the last pic rail on one side so I have an 1/8" chunk taken out of the polymer frame.

After seriously using my Glock 19 for years and several other polymer type pistols, this is my first to have this kind of issue, not that it effects anything other than cosmetics, but can be a precursor to something else.

My Sig, similar type of use, but a lot more of it, holding up much better with less signs of use.

The HK is sweet, but soured a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.Huckabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG, SIG, SIG.. OH DID I SAY SIG

But as was said earlier, all three are good choices. Personally I am admittedly and HK fanboy. </div></div>
How is the HK simpler then the Glock? This is gonna be good!
grin.gif
</div></div>

I was referring to the trigger safety mechanism on the Glock. But hey, I may be wrong and if that is the case I am not afraid to admit it. Either way I DO NOT hate Glock, I just prefer HK. The grip angle works better for ME. To each their own, but as stated earlier they are all three good guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HK Koolaid tastes so good! Glock has 34 parts including the mag and parts! How many on a HK Fanboy? </div></div>

Damn you guys are harsh. Its all good though.

Wow, an 1/8"? That's quite a ding. You don't know what caused it? Because if that handgun has a brittle frame that could influence my decision.

LL, you shouldn't have tossed it around like the S&B!!!
grin.gif
That's what you get for the "ads"!
grin.gif
Before you ban me; just kidding!
smile.gif

LL, how do you like your glock 19's vs the hkp30 and sig 229?

I like all 3 just fine it's six and one half dozen.

The simplicity of the glock is my first choice, that and the 3.5lbs trigger makes is a great pistol for me. However my Sig has been worked on down here by a unit armorer that uses them so I find myself shooting the Sig the most. It's definitely a step above the glock and the HKP30 is nice, the grip fits my hand a bit better than the Sig yet, I find them both similar, the HK might be a tick more accurate. But if I am already chipping pieces off under Rifles Only conditions, I feel it may not go the distance here.

Turk is correct I am definitely being punished for moving to an ad based system on here, penance will surely be a broke HK.

LL,

Thanks for the insight between the 3.

any experience or thoughts on the S&W M&P's ?

Ran 400 flawless rounds thru my new SIG P229 GenII SAS today.
The Short Return Trigger really helps to make this firearm a pleasure to shoot.