• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Sauer CP1 Prismatic 3X scope quick review

az-bred

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
So I picked up a Sig Sauer CP1 scope for one of my AR's and I figured for under $200 if it was that bad I would throw it on my HK 416 22LR or right into the trash. Burris makes one that is very similar to the Sig CP1 with rails and a different reticle but 2x the price. When I unboxed the CP1 my first thought was damn this is a pretty rugged little tank, the glass was great considering it was a $200 optic with 3 reticle modes 1 etched glass 2 green 3 red with 5 brightness settings. The 2 problems I could see instantly were the reticle was canted a little to the right and the mount was really low. I mounted the CP1 on a LWRC ic spr 14.7" for testing and went to the range, note the pic below of the LWRC has a mepro sight on it from my Tavor, I forgot to take a pic with the CP1.
It was a nice sunny 103 degrees around 10am (miserable heat) out at the range, shooting off a bench rest with CBC (magtech) 55 grain ammo. I did bore sight it the night before just so I could get on paper at 100 yards a little faster and to conserve ammo. My first couple of shots were high off to the right so I unscrewed the windage and elevation caps for adjustments and they worked great with a nice 1/4" click per adjustment. I was able to get right on target pretty quickly with the 3x scope which I really liked and the bdc reticle goes out to 600m, I didn't get a chance to try out the bdc for accuracy but the target picture below wasn't too bad, my best 3 shot group at 100 yards.
I'm not sure if it will hold zero or about the bdc accuracy
Pros - rugged, clear glass, adjustments, 3 reticles modes, bdc, eye relief
Cons - canted reticle, low mount, china made,

This isn't a scope I would leave on my LWRC but I would throw it on a cheaper AR for friends and family to use or on my HK 22LR.

The CP1 Optical Scope is a lightweight solution for fast target acquisition. This rugged and reliable scope provides assured accuracy from a 3X fixed magnification reticle, graduated to 600 meters. It features three reticle modes – non-illuminated black, illuminated green and illuminated red, with
each illuminated mode offering 5 brightness settings. Anodized aluminum construction ensures optimal performance in the most extreme conditions.

FEATURES

• 3 reticle modes – non-illuminated black, illuminated green and red.
• 5 brightness settings for each illuminated mode (green and red)
• 3X fixed magnification ranging reticle
• Windage & elevation adjustments
• Anti-reflex & multilayer band pass optical coating
• M1913/Weaver rail mount

CP1 PRISMATIC SCOPE SPECIFICATIONS
Reticle type - Reflective prism ranging reticle
Reticle color - Illuminated red, green or non-illuminated black
Magnification - 3X
Eye Relief - 3.2” / 81.28mm
Exit Pupil - .4” / 10.6mm
Parallax setting - 100 yds
Optical coating - Anti-reflect & multilayer band pass
Power/Obj. lens - 1.3” / 32mm
Field of view - 6 degrees, 10.5m@100m
Adjustment range - 2 degrees
Windage/elevation - 1/4”@100 yds
Mounting - M1913 / Weaver
Temp range -5 degrees F to +130 degrees F
Water resistance - 0.5m for 20 minutes
Length/diameter - 5.8” x 1.2” (146mm x 30mm)
Weight - 13.9 oz / 390g

Attachments

• image156864-2982af6dc72e3abe50861b213c8220e2.jpg
    image156864-2982af6dc72e3abe50861b213c8220e2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 20140620_142502_resized.jpg
    20140620_142502_resized.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 20140517_162502_resized_1.jpg
    20140517_162502_resized_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Reactions: Moovimn67
Good luck with your with your new scope.

Years ago I bought the sig laser light combo and it too was China made. After a very short amount of use, several of the control buttons failed to work and it eventually cracked from subsequent use while mounted. Sig seems more than willing to place their name on cheap parts made overseas.

I agree it's from China and will fall apart it's just a matter of when. Like I said in my post it's not something I would keep on my Lwrc but maybe on a cheap AR or my HK 22LR.
I can't believe Sig would go down the China road for an optic.

I had several red dot scopes that came with my Sig 556's and all made in China. All broke after a VERY short time. Sig seems to have lowered the quality of all their new weapons IMO. Being very familiar with the Sig 556's, I have 6 not including my SBR I noticed that the last one I bought did not have the typical all forged steel recoil rod (attachs to the gas piston) and /or machined but used a cheaper sheet metal application instead. Same with the new P227 which uses cheaper MIM parts like the hammer (you can clearly tell by the parting line on the hammer). I am happy to own several P226's before they went to a plastic guide rod and the MIM parts.
I do not mean to start the old MIM vs forged part issue because MIM parts do have their place, such as turbine blades that do not flex and so do plastics have there role. I do not think anyone would want a concrete diving board yet concrete is very strong in compression. It all has to do with what the application is. I do not see Glock using any MIM parts but their application of plastics is sound. The Remington 870 Police shotgun uses forged parts like the extractor but the civilian 870 is loaded with MIM. Same for the Gunsite Colt CCO which has its standard MIM parts replaced at Colt per Gunsite's request, (sear, disconnector replaced with forged Chip McCormick parts).
I would not buy a Pace Maker at Walmart is all I am saying

I have one that I installed on my Sig M400 and tried to adjust the focus, but it was solid, seized up and ended up using some channel locks to loosen. Unfortunately it damaged some of the metal, paint, but I just used a Sharpie and blacked it out. Taking to the range, it seemed to work pretty well and although mines canted as well, I have left it installed since for the money, it actually works decently and I like the reticles it offers. I don't think I paid over $100 for this and dig that it has the ACOG vibe going on.