• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

It violates ITAR probably not going to find a US dealer to ship outside the US. You can't find any dealer in Australia?
shouldn't violate ITAR if its for sale here - plus, we're one of the closest allies! To give you some idea, they cost $2300 AUD here, or I can buy one from the states for around $1600 AUD.

Last edited:
anyone using the 300BDX with the Kestrel 5700 running Hornady 4DOF ballistic sw in ABE/ABX mode?

So I have been looking at these RF Binocs and was about to get them but I have noticed a large number of Samsung Android users that seem to be having major issues with the app. That makes me not want to get them since I have a Samsung note 9. Anyone here having similar app issues?

So I have been looking at these RF Binocs and was about to get them but I have noticed a large number of Samsung Android users that seem to be having major issues with the app. That makes me not want to get them since I have a Samsung note 9. Anyone here having similar app issues?

Wife has a Note 9 and I have a Note 20 5G Ultra. Neither of us have any issues.

I have a Garmin 701 - will a 3000bdx be able to pull AB data from that?

I also have an android phone - is there a way to pull the custom drag curves and AB from my 701 onto my phone without paying for all the stuff again?

Last edited:
I have a Garmin 701 - will a 3000bdx be able to pull AB data from that?

I also have an android phone - is there a way to pull the custom drag curves and AB from my 701 onto my phone without paying for all the stuff again?

I will try to break this into pieces as best as I can:

1) The Garmin 701 and Sig 3000 BDX do work together. Just makes sure the 3000 BDX is in AB External mode.
2) The AB Mobile app and 701 do not communicate.
3) The Garmin 701 has the library built in onboard with the CDMs in place. You do not need to pay for a CDM, simply use the onboard library.

I will try to break this into pieces as best as I can:

1) The Garmin 701 and Sig 3000 BDX do work together. Just makes sure the 3000 BDX is in AB External mode.
2) The AB Mobile app and 701 do not communicate.
3) The Garmin 701 has the library built in onboard with the CDMs in place. You do not need to pay for a CDM, simply use the onboard library.
Understood. Sometimes it's more convenient for me to use my phone, and it would be nice if I could access that library from my phone.

So far so good with my S9

not sure if this is new news or not but I saw there is now a "black edition" 3000, anyone know if specs are different or if its just a color change? SKU #SOK31004 (cant find anything on Sigs site but they are listed on euro)

Sig Sauer KILO3000BDX 10x42mm Black Edition Laser Rangefinding Binocular SOK31004

The specs on the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX Black Edition # SOK31004 are the same as the green. I had this same question and this thread was one of the few places I found mention of the Black Edition.

Having now owned both (and returned the green ones), I can confirm they are exactly the same in function. The only difference (other than color) is that the black ones come with a nice form-fitting carrying case that I actually use. My green ones came with a half-assed open chest rig. Also the warranty is the same. I confirmed by emailing Sig.

In case anyone is looking, the Black Edition is $899 on Amazon now. For some reason they do not readily show up if you search for Kilo 3000 BDX on Amazon. Can't remember how I found them but glad I did. Saved a cool $300 vs MSRP on green ones.

Now to find the right size Butler Creek caps front/rear and a way to mount these to a tripod. I'm sure those have been discussed here to no end but this is a long thread. Anyone want to help me be lazy?

Not sure about butler creek but these have been recommended on another thread for the objective side. I do kinda like the idea of butler creek covers though, I've never found these thin slip on type to stay on.

I think others have said the Vortex has some as well that work.

I've used these for a year on another pair and six months on the Sigs: Monstrum Tactical Rubberized Flip-Up Rifle Scope Covers.JPGIMG_7630.JPGIMG_7629.JPG

Whats that green red rocket poking out. Do you remember what sizes you bought for the front and back lens?
I like it! I've always wanted a rocket to play with...been 75 years now... LOL It's my cobbled up version (works great though) for tripod mounting the Sigs. Essentially it's a brass shell casing, 1/4x20 allen head SS, two appropriate washers, and odd plastic gripper thing; the green is a silicone straw cut to fit. The rest is probably obvious. I didn't put flip covers on the ocular lenses as for me they're too often causing foul language when they tangle on clothing or strap; the stretch sock modified to fit on a lanyard works for me.
IMG_7897.JPGIMG_7900.JPGIMG_7903.JPGForgot I bought an extra set 'cause been my experience that when I find something that works--they quit making them. FCO-G-T 49-54mm 1.9-2.1" is the size (as indicated by the shaded band on their chart) for the objective lens of the Sig 3000BDX. As an aside I have them on my Premier Heritage 5-25x56 on both obj. and ocular ends. Those have been on for two years now. When initially installed they look like they're going to split, but the wannabe telltale stays the same size and they're good. The earlier attached photo shows their largest size which fits perfectly on the scope's sun shield.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleeplz
Getting a pair of binos with LRF AND a Mil reticle seems like a never ending wait.
So, deciding between binos w/ a mil reticle, or LRF got me thinking...
Anyone know or willing to measure the size of the Sig´s reticle? Does any part of the reticle correspond somewhat to Mils? (Like OD, ID, line thickness = 1 mil, .5 mil or similar, to be able to give corrections in a pinch.)

Getting a pair of binos with LRF AND a Mil reticle seems like a never ending wait.
So, deciding between binos w/ a mil reticle, or LRF got me thinking...
Anyone know or willing to measure the size of the Sig´s reticle? Does any part of the reticle correspond somewhat to Mils? (Like OD, ID, line thickness = 1 mil, .5 mil or similar, to be able to give corrections in a pinch.)

I believe the reticle is 1.3 mrad, same as the beam. Matched intentionally.

This should allow you to visualize the beam size when lazing targets.

Reactions: kedbeck
Who was the guy making lens covers for these again? Or which ones do i need to get?

Attachments

• 30357144-113B-4F35-8479-1576CB72201F.jpeg
    30357144-113B-4F35-8479-1576CB72201F.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 124
  • B9185F87-1F38-4F18-8E14-C0D47E2FEB85.jpeg
    B9185F87-1F38-4F18-8E14-C0D47E2FEB85.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 193
I have an Alaska guide creations bino pack that I use with these, I don’t use anything on the ocular lenses as the flap on the pack keeps them protected pretty well. I use the covers on the objective lenses because the glass on these is so close to the end of the binos I’m afraid if a small rock or stick gets in the bottom of my pack it will easily scratch the lens. If I remember correctly, there is a member on here 3d printing covers for the ocular lenses for these. Hope this helps

Does anyone know how to extend the time the kestrel stays connected to the kilo?

Does anyone know how to extend the time the kestrel stays connected to the kilo?

You set the timeout function on the Kilo by using the app on your phone. Make sure you are in The correct mode then change the function in settings. Be sure to send the info to the binos by synching them and telling to send the data.

Then, Set the kestrel to power down at a generous time (i use 30 min). Be sure to go back to ABX mode and pair the devices. The new setting should stick.
My kestrel was losing connection but it was because the Kilos would timeout. Fixed that and all is good. When i push the “range” button after the kilo goes to sleep it connects automatically. Takes 3-5 seconds.

Hope this fixes yours!

Reactions: 338LMAI and 5RWill
So... My old rangefinder seems to be dying finally and I thought I'd go ahead and make the leap to the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX and order the Kestrel at the same time if I could get a package deal.

1. Is the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX still the latest and greatest?

2. Which model Kestrel pairs with it the best?

3. Suggestions as to who has the best prices?

TIA

So... My old rangefinder seems to be dying finally and I thought I'd go ahead and make the leap to the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX and order the Kestrel at the same time if I could get a package deal.

1. Is the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX still the latest and greatest?

2. Which model Kestrel pairs with it the best?

3. Suggestions as to who has the best prices?

TIA
You missed an awesome deal through kestrel about a month or two ago. Sig binos with kestrel 5700 for 1200.

I see that DR Guns has the Sig Kilo3000BDX for $820.50 with free shipping because it's over $500 and has them in stock. They charge 2.7% for credit card use. Here's their listing on Gunbroker.

I've bought rifle scopes from them before and they were always prompt and easy to deal with plus they have great feedback scores.

I'd have to say the Leica 3200 is much better optically with similar features, but it's 3x the price. $ not a factor I'd take these everytime.

Now that the Vortex HD 5000 AB is just out, too early to know how it stacks up, but it seems like that gives you more info in the display such as a windhold, but it's 2x the price.

That said the Sig 3000 is quite the deal for the price and if you use it it's the only one that will interface with Sig's BDX scopes.

There's so many versions of the Kestrels these days it's almost impossible to keep track of which does what now. Someone has probably already asked in the Ballistics Forum I'd search in there. My understanding is you need a kestrel with AB Elite loaded in it to get solutions past 800 yds. I believe that's just the 5700 series, minus the Hornady 4DOF version which doesn't communicate with the 3000.

Now that the Vortex HD 5000 AB is just out, too early to know how it stacks up, but it seems like that gives you more info in the display such as a windhold, but it's 2x the price.
The Sig will display when holds.

Found this deal online ($799). Cheapest I've seen other than the battlehawk armory price up above, but I wasn't comfortable with all the disclaimers on their website, sub-par reviews, and lack of a phone number on the contact us.

Molly's answered the phone to confirm stock and I placed the order online. Got a shipping notification the next day.

https://mollys-placellc.myshopify.c...laser-rangefinder?_pos=1&_sid=859c042ac&_ss=r

Last edited:
Not sure about butler creek but these have been recommended on another thread for the objective side. I do kinda like the idea of butler creek covers though, I've never found these thin slip on type to stay on.

I think others have said the Vortex has some as well that work.

The Vortex slip on covers don't stay on either. It's B.S. that Sig doesn't include covers in the box.

So far so good. I haven’t hunted with them yet, but just messing with them around the house and playing with them they seem to stay on pretty well.

Reactions: ColdBarrelZero
What I ended up using for covers was these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00546ARHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Kiabab HD - Rainguard XL

and these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028NCCUI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Vortex Viper HD 42mm

That said the objective covers are really snug but they don't come off, eyepiece covers are perfect.

I also tried these on a whim, figuring they'd be easy to return and I have to admit they work pretty well.

My Kilo 2400ABS has a Mil Grid option in the display as a selectable option , do the BDX Binos have the same option?

Has anyone used the Sig 3000 on the AB Mobile app? I just bought the 3000 and I can't decide to spend the 30 bucks or save it for a Kestrel. From what I have read and done. I cant add a WeatherFlow to the Sig BDX app. I can add a WeatherFlow to the AB app, but I am still locked at 800 yards. Is this correct? Thanks

Has anyone used the Sig 3000 on the AB Mobile app? I just bought the 3000 and I can't decide to spend the 30 bucks or save it for a Kestrel. From what I have read and done. I cant add a WeatherFlow to the Sig BDX app. I can add a WeatherFlow to the AB app, but I am still locked at 800 yards. Is this correct? Thanks
AB mobile only configures with Kestrel 5000 series. Save your money get the Kestrel Elite. Take the online introductory class and get a discount code.

Last edited:
Reactions: dudleyfj40