• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Tango 4 - How's it stack up with its peers?

atxhorn4425

Tactical Keyboard Operator
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm looking to get a long range scope for a light precision rifle in the $1000-1200 range. The 6-24x50 Tango 4 only weighs 26 ounces, and seems to have all the basic features I would want. I see lots of good reviews on the Tango 6, but I'm pretty sure the Tango 6 is a LOW product and the Tango 4 is made in the Philippines so I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Anyone with experience with the Tango 4, would really appreciate your thoughts on this scope. Comparison to the PST Gen II, Burris XTR II (4-20x or 5-25x), the Steiner 4-16x Eurooptic exclusive, SWFA HD and any other scopes I should be looking at in this price range would be much appreciated. The primary gating considerations are that must be FFP with a mil-based reticle and go up to at least 16x zoom, and weight is a major consideration as this will likely end up on a Christensen MPR. Locking turrets and zero stop are a major plus.

Last edited:
I’ll second that lol. I’ve been pretty set on a Vortex Viper Gen 2 5-25 but have been pretty intrigued on the tango 4 6-24 as well. Biggest downside I see is 5 mil/turn vs 10 on the Gen 2 PST. I’d like to hear from people that may have played with all these SxS.

I’ll second that lol. I’ve been pretty set on a Vortex Viper Gen 2 5-25 but have been pretty intrigued on the tango 4 6-24 as well. Biggest downside I see is 5 mil/turn vs 10 on the Gen 2 PST. I’d like to hear from people that may have played with all these SxS.
I think the PST is the standard in this category, but the reduced weight of the Tango 4 (5oz less) and the Dev-L reticle are really appealing. Didn’t know that about the turrets though, something to chew on. More than anything, just want to know the Tango is good-to-go mechanically and that I wouldn’t be giving up a meaningful amount of glass quality.

Yea reticle is the biggest thing for me to want the PST as I can get it to match my Gen 2 Razor. Price on the Sig is a little less is what strikes my curiosity and it still has great features in that price range. Probably will end up with a 5-25 PST but I’d still like to hear what people have to say that have played with them.

Reactions: carolinahunter
The Tango 4 IMO is comparable to the PST Gen II. I prefer the floating dot Dev-L reticle. I have one in the for sale section like new if anyone is interested. If I hadn't have ordered a Vortex AMG, I'd be keeping this. The locking (at zero) turrets are a nice feature for its price range.

They do have a lot of features for the money and as previously stated the biggest hit is the 5 mils per turn. It does have a rev indicator so that is a bonus on that. The DEV-L reticle is sweet as I have run it on my main match rig in a Tango6 5-30 with the DEV-L for over year. I am running the Tango4 on my 223 trainer and I like it so I use the same reticle as my main rig. Hard to beat for the money.

I've got a couple of early Tango 4s a 3-12 and a 4-16. Great feature set, turrets, illum all that. Love the floating dot reticle. Glass is not that great. These are solid choices for a the $500-$700 range but at over $1000 just get a Bushnell DMR or something else already. Big $$ margin on the SIG scopes, if you are paying close to dealer they're an excellent choice though.